It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons discovered the highest truth on Jesus and the Essene centuries ago.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2012 by wildtimes because: my bad. Frustration

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by NOTurTypical

My stuff would look like it belonged in Dr. Seuss compared.

Yeah boy.
And how many people have you converted?

No idea, I don't keep score. People who need Jesus are not trophies to me. KJV will tell ya exactly how many he has led to Christ.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by artistpoet

Where the son runs away....and when he comes back, dejected and morose from having experienced the real world, the father throws a party because he is just happy to have his son back.

Somehow, I think it was a subliminal message meant to impart that we will not want to leave the old ways...and that if we do, we are always welcome back, and that coming back is more beneficial that staying away. Maybe not. I don't know.

Na - I was thinking of the Father who gave his son money and some used it wisely and made more money from it.
But one son buried it in a secret hiddy hole in the ground not using it but afraid he would lose it.or be robbed
He got a clip round and the ear hole and a bollo--ing of Dad for being a jerk.
Moral of story being use your gifts wisely.
Sorry crap example but fun
edit on 30-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Why are you always trying to steer topics towards me? I'm not the topic, that's commonly called a ad hominem argument. And you thought I had harsh words to say about false teachers, look at what Jesus did:

Top of the list was Jesus calling people "hypocrites", "blind leading the blind and both would fall in the draught" (you can guess what that was), and topped it off by implying their mothers had sex with Satan.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2012 by wildtimes because: sorry masqua

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Why are you always trying to steer topics towards me? I'm not the topic, that's commonly called a ad hominem argument.

I don't care what it's called....!!
Why are you always rude, condescending, self-righteous, smug, and nasty? Where did you get the idea that Jesus wanted his "Holy Spirit called mouthpieces" to do that?

I'm not the topic.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So... let's get back onto the topic.

OK?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

GET BACK ON THE TOPIC OR GET OUT..!

Enough with the petty finger-pointing, name-calling, trolling and baiting (and yes, you know who you are).

Take a breather already, there are plenty of other threads to post in, but give the drama a rest.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Back to the OP:

Are there any RELIABLE sources that the "Masons" have the "highest truth" on Jesus and the Essene?

Or is this all a slanderous, deceptive, untruthful OP?

I already know the answer, I just wanna hear the OP's

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The Essenes certainly seem to have some very liberal ideas

4. One of the most unique 'customs' of the Essenes was that they shared all their possessions. Josephus wrote "The laws of the (Essene) Order regulate that everyone that enters into the Brotherhood gives up all his property and wealth." The Bible records that those in the early church also followed this custom. Acts 4:32 states "Now the company of believers was of one heart and soul, and not one of them claimed that anything he possessed was his own, but everything they had was in common and for the use of all

wicca.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Just found a good article linking the Essenes with Freemasonary

Lawrie or I should rather say Brewster - was the first to discover a connection between the Freemasons and the Jewish sect of the Essenes, a doctrine which is announced in his History of Freemasonry. He does not indeed trace the origin of the Masonic Institution to the Essenes,...............................

www.co-masonry.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Forget Jerome, go back 1,000 years. Isaiah was written LOOOOONG before Jerome screwed up the Latin version from the Greek. Isaiah was penned some 150 years before King Cyrus the Great conquered Babylon.

So, OT Isaiah was speaking about Satan and Jerome translating it to Latin. He makes OT Satan into Lucifer.

That's fine, "Heylel" means "crescent moon". Lucifer means "light bearer". The moon reflects the light of the Sun.

Then makes NT Jesus into lucifer.

That's his screw up, He assumed "day star" or "morning star" was the same. one refers to a star, (Sun), the other refers to the moon which reflects/bears the light of the Sun. Jesus is the "light of the World", that would be the Sun. The moon has no ability to create it's own light. The morning star rises in the morning, it's the sun. The moon rises at the beginning of the Jewish day, after sunset.

The NT was written in Arabic, nor Hebrew, all those complaints of nonsense. Hebrew and Arabic are not the same.

I didn't say they were the same. I said they are both Semitic languages and have the same word for "crescent moon".

Jerome took NT Greek into Latin with no stops into Arabic to get there.

Didn't say he did.

Such means the Jesus-lucifer is a high quality translation from “Phosphoros” (Greek) into "lucifer" (Latin) with precisely the same meanings. Perfect Translation.

The proper name of "Heylel" should never have been translated. That was half the problem, I think it was done on purpose with people with an agenda, to remove the only place where satan's proper name appeared in scripture. Remember "satan" is a title, it means "accuser". (Ha'Satan = the accuser)

And the Masons have you jumping out of the pot and into the fire. They were the most correct, and like to use that little issue to teach people.

They worship Lucifer, plain and simple. They even teach that in 33 degree literature.

You, on the other hand, appear more aiming at deceiving people.

How, by explaining Hebrew? The person in your blog that was linked previously said Origen created the LXX which is absolutely bogus, it was translated from Hebrew to Greek 410 years before Origen. And he made the claim "Halel" and "Heylel" are the same Hebrew words but they are completely different words, with different definitions and phonetics.

Who is deceiving who here?

edit on 30-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The "world" in the context it's used is the unsaved, non-Christian world. The system of Babylon. And another member said "90% of the world thinks X..", My post was in response to their attempt at mockery. It just affirms what Christ prophesied.

Muslims and New Age folks aren't Christian though, yet they believe in Jesus, but they don't see him as a "god". Just a high teacher/prophet worthy of respect.

Also, Hindus don't hate Jesus either, some actually thing that he is a reincarnation of one of the gods. It doesn't get any more respectful than that, than to see someone as a god.

It's ridiculous saying that "the unsaved non-Christian world" hates Jesus...

Sure, there are some extremists atheists out there and even some religious folks that had bad experiences with Christianity and now hates Christians and Jesus, but as for the MAJORITY of the world (even the non-Christians), they do not hate JESUS.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The "world" in the context it's used is the unsaved, non-Christian world. The system of Babylon. And another member said "90% of the world thinks X..", My post was in response to their attempt at mockery. It just affirms what Christ prophesied.

Muslims and New Age folks aren't Christian though, yet they believe in Jesus, but they don't see him as a "god". Just a high teacher/prophet worthy of respect.

Also, Hindus don't hate Jesus either, some actually thing that he is a reincarnation of one of the gods. It doesn't get any more respectful than that, than to see someone as a god.

It's ridiculous saying that "the unsaved non-Christian world" hates Jesus...

Sure, there are some extremists atheists out there and even some religious folks that had bad experiences with Christianity and now hates Christians and Jesus, but as for the MAJORITY of the world (even the non-Christians), they do not hate JESUS.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Dude, talk to the member who made the comment. Tell him he's wrong. lol

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Back to the OP:

Are there any RELIABLE sources that the "Masons" have the "highest truth" on Jesus and the Essene?

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

I do believe the mods said no baiting or trolling.

Either put a lid on your righteous trap, or get out of this thread.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by Iason321
Back to the OP:

I do believe the mods said no baiting or trolling.

Either put a lid on your righteous trap, or get out of this thread.

That's not baiting or trolling. He's asking the OP to provide supported information for his arbitrary conjectures. They are unsupported right now. He's refusing to let the OP be arbitrary, that's a basic rule of logical argumentation and rational debate.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

This is a quote taken from Iason's post. It clearly implies that despite anything the OP says to defend himself, Iason will continue to call it slanderous and deceptive, simply because it doesn't conform to his dusty book.

And that, I think, is incredibly unfair. That's why I told him to put a lid on it. I've had it up to my eyebrows with the lack of attentive open-mindedness the religious types around here display. If you're not here to actually consider other viewpoints, then leave.

It's that simple.

With that said, I do believe that the Freemasons know things that we don't, regarding Jesus' message...even if it only comes down to a metaphorical understanding of metaphysical truths that affect our reality.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Just found a good article linking the Essenes with Freemasonary

Lawrie or I should rather say Brewster - was the first to discover a connection between the Freemasons and the Jewish sect of the Essenes, a doctrine which is announced in his History of Freemasonry. He does not indeed trace the origin of the Masonic Institution to the Essenes,...............................

www.co-masonry.org...

He then proceeds in that article to say this:

I think, from what has been said, that there can be no hesitation in pronouncing the theory of the descent of Freemasonry to modern times through the Assideans and the Essenes to be wholly untenable and unsupported by historical testimony.

In relation to what has been called the "remarkable coincidences" to be met with in the doctrines and usages of this Jewish sect and the Freemasons, giving to them all the weight demanded, the rational explanation appears to be such as I have elsewhere given, and which I may repeat here.

The truth is that the Essenes and the Freemasons derive whatever similarity or resemblance they may have from that spirit of brotherhood which has prevailed in all ages of the civilized world, the inherent principles of which, as the natural results of any fraternization, where all the members are engaged in the same pursuit and governed by one common bond of unity, are brotherly love, charity, and generally that secrecy and exclusiveness which secures to them an isolation, in the practice of their rites, from the rest of the world. And hence, between all fraternities, ancient and modern, these "remarkable coincidences" will be apt to be found.

So...as far as I can tell, so far, it's all still speculation. No one is absolutely certain.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

With that said, I do believe that the Freemasons know things that we don't, regarding Jesus' message...even if it only comes down to a metaphorical understanding of metaphysical truths that affect our reality.

Totally in agreement with you there. Thanks for saying this, and the "that said" part above it also.

edit on 1-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join