It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 7 year old suspened for "sexual harassment"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
When you go into the meetings with school officials take a TAPE RECORDER in and when you start it inform the recording everyone's name and get all their permission to tape and if they won't walk back out and get an attorney!
If they can't be ok with you taping the meeting, then they are going to railroad your son and YOU!
Everyone there will be trying to keep their jobs except you and they'll sacrifice your child for their jobs at all costs!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How much longer do you think it will take?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
He definitely should be suspended.
If you raised your boy right he would of told the teacher instead of thinking he has the authority to touch other people without their consent.

Good call by the school.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Sure kids lie, but they aren't very good at it. In addition, unless this story is missing something really big, the school is over-reacting, and it wouldn't be the first time schools make bad decisions.

The Op even stated that he is keeping an open mind, that his son might not be telling the whole story.

Obviously you decided to believe the worse without any information for such condemnation. I thought you were being sarcastic. That is how out of line I think your post is.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

My advice; ask CPS why it isn't sexual harassment for a girl to walk around showing her ass crack and would it be okay for your son to walk around with his crank hanging out.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Duceis

How do you know the boy didn't have consent?

Maybe the girl want him to touch her.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

As I pointed out in my first post having been falsely accused of sexual harassment I don't think the school did a good job.

The kid should have gotten detention, or if 7 years old is too young for detention made to skip 1-2 recesses.

Going straight to suspension is over kill, if there was no existing pattern, or escalation on his part.

Everyone is so quick to punish and make the world all PC and safe, that they don't realize punishing someone who is innocent, or over punishing the guilty can harm the punished much more than the original offense harmed the victim.
I'm talking on the scholastic, and child level that is.

Twice a week for 3/4 of ninth grade I felt like dirt, and was punished for something I didn't even do.
For something that hadn't even crossed my mind to do.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duceis
He definitely should be suspended.
If you raised your boy right he would of told the teacher instead of thinking he has the authority to touch other people without their consent.

Good call by the school.

Well, aren't you the one stuffed to the rafters with wisdom? I suppose you'll be able to answer a few easy questions, then.

1. Who gives and takes away the authority to touch other people?
2. How does one spell "have"?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by smyleegrl

Glad to get a teachers input

All 3 of my boys are ADHD,
so I can relate to your frustrations.

Are you sure they have ADHD? Leave it up to the doctors and 9 out 10 kids have ADHD. ADHD is a catch all for everything now days. I often wonder just how many of the kids that are said to have ADHD really in fact do not have anything of the sort.

ADHD symptoms

Sounds just like every nominal kid I have ever seen..

I guess the being a kid is now crime.

Kid=ADHD?

And they wonder why kids drop out of school at the rate they do.
edit on 4/25/2012 by fixer1967 because: spelling

edit on 4/25/2012 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

Excellent question.

Personally, I think the majority of misbehavior in young children is a direct result of Unrealistic expectations. We forget little kids don't have long attention spans and it's unrealistic to expect them to behave like miniature adults. That's why I let my students fidget, squirm, even stand at their desk and move, so long as they don't disturb others.

But ADHD is real. I have a student who was completely unable to be still for even two minutes. He was so unfocused he couldn't color a picture, much less read or write.

His doctor put him on medication and the difference is astounding. In the month he's had the meds, he's gone up three reading levels and now has a firmer grasp of maths. It's been an incredible transformation to witness. And the best thing---he has so much more self confidence now.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Seriously Guys? Where the hell did you grow up? Sexual harassment? Investigation? Its a damn school not a crime scene. When I was 7 years old I didnt know what Sexual harassment or investigation meant or even heard of it probably. When I was 7 years old I would wrestle with girls my age on the playground at school even if they had a dress on. They liked it and so did I we were having fun. There was nothing sexual about it. It was just kids being kids playing and having fun.

OP I dont think your son should be punished or suspended and this is completely stupid. And some of the comments coming from you guys is even worse. How can you punish a kid for being a kid? Even if he did give the girl a wedgie so what? Its all fun n games. Now if he pulled her pants down then i can see their being a problem but all he did was trying to be helpful like a good little boy.

Who made the complaint initially? Was it the girl? Or did a teacher see the event and draw his/her own conclusions?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

I would avoid mouthing off to CPS at least at first.
Being flippant with persons who in their own minds are all powerful demi gods isn't the best way to go about things.

I would simply get a lawyer and have him generate enough legal tape that even CPS gets tangled up.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You can thank the no child left behind act.

No child gets left behind, but no child gets ahead either.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

what a preposterous accusation..

I would not subject my child to any evaluation over this matter what so ever.

why would a parent build a record of sexual harassment for their child over this very minor incident. it is only an incident because it has been taken to this extreme.

creating a sexual harassment paper trail at the tender age of seven now and then what will happen when he is in middle or high school & has girlfriends? no good will come of this at all..

I would avoid putting him in the "system" as a predator completely.

You should not be at the mercy of some other parent decisions, nor facing this by bad school decisions. Be it a teacher's or some school board policy..

Before they choose your families & specifically your sons fate, my wife & I agree we would transfer schools after filing a complaint with the school district.

It is not a crime to be a kid.

It is not a crime to give a "wedgy" & he didn't even do that.

Clearly to much is being read into his actions.

Stand firm in calling this nonsense out with them, we can only hope the little girls parents agree

and are not looking for a paycheck..

Good Luck.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The insane and their lawyers have taken over the asylum.

Isn't seven years old pre-pubescent? It looks like a laundry list of people should either be attending sex education classes or sessions on a psychiatrist's couch, in this situation.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Risqman

This is sooooooooo important. Tape the whole thing, let them know you are taping...if fhey balk, walk. Bring a witness with you if at all possible. Maybe these people will be reasonable, maybe not. Going to the meeting alone without any proof of what transpired is very unwise. If you can't get this together by tomorrow morning tell them you need to postpone the meeting very slightly while you get information on what your rights are and can procure legal counsel. Inform them at that time you will also be recording.

In a very round about way this story applies bc the dad was going to be set up by the 'officials' and he had it on tape. Dad said if he had not known about the planned setup he would have walked in blindsided.

No More Teacher Bully

~is still a rose

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

If the meeting deteriorates to the point of labeling it "sexual harassment", you can ask the administrator to change the term "sexual harassment" to "inappropriate familiarity" and request that his records be amended. It should only warrant expulsion if the principal says that it's one of many incidents and he should be expelled for "persistent misbehavior". Just in case the administrator doesn't tell you this: As a parent, you have the right to appeal their decision, and if the suggestion that you should pursue a psychological evaluation is based solely on this incident, it is inappropriate. If the school thought he needed an evaluation for legitimate reasons, they should have initiated the process already (its federal law).
As far as the DFS, maintain honesty and consistency when you talk to them and you shouldn't have to deal with anything more than a visit and an interview.

* my girlfriend works as an LSSP at a few schools here and deals with situations like this regularly.
I requested her help in writing this.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The real irony in all this is that a large majority of the wackjobs passing these outrageous laws were part of the "free love" and "make love not war" hippie peace movement of the late 60s and early 70s!!!

This law is being taken way out of proportion and used as an excuse to intrude into peoples lives and further enable control over the masses.

So, how's it feel to live as a subject to the state?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

They didnt get what they want then so now they are ruining it for everyone else.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Sure kids lie, but they aren't very good at it. In addition, unless this story is missing something really big, the school is over-reacting, and it wouldn't be the first time schools make bad decisions.

The Op even stated that he is keeping an open mind, that his son might not be telling the whole story.

Obviously you decided to believe the worse without any information for such condemnation. I thought you were being sarcastic. That is how out of line I think your post is.

I don’t believe the worst, just not gullible to believe everything some body says, and I don’t like people putting there kids business on the web, as if he asked his child could he do it or not...kids have rights and should be allowed to have privacy for god sake.

First, his child has to go through all of what he is going through with the BS situation at school, with the BS ass hole teachers, and now, his pops brings his business on the web.

‘It feels like an ‘American Pie’ moment for the child ‘My hat goes out to the little fella, in fact; I take every thing I said back ,he’s a rebel in my eyes, only doing what comes natural for a little boy, LIKE WTF

If I was you, I would slam the door in there fracking faces if they bother you about that bs, and take your child out that school, and tell them to go F*&* them selves, and then take them to court for labeling your 7year old son and putting you through this on such a childish LEVEL, as kids will be kids.

‘I WOULDN’T GIVE A HELL IF YOUR CHILD WAS WRONG AND STUCK HIS HANDS DOWN HER PANTS, SHOW LOYALTY, NEVER GO AGAINST FAMILY, AND STICK BY YOUR SON SIDE REGARDLESS OF WHAT HE DID, OR WHAT THE FREAKING OUT COME MAY BE’

Stick with your little child and please don’t make it a serious situation as if the world was coming to an end.

[Im a Gemini, and we approve both messages]

edit on 25-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

This is very sad and shameful. How can they blame a little boy for sexual harassment? I know this world is becoming more disgusting but to blame a little boy. Children are innocent creatures and shouldn't be taken advantage of. I'm sure the little boys don't even know what "sexual harassment" is. Once again I give props to the police who have failed to do their job. And sorry I don't really have advice but good luck!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join