It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 7 year old suspened for "sexual harassment"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

It's wonderful you tutor children. Isn't it amazing when a child gets excited about learning? To see that spark of understanding light up their eyes? To know that you've given that child a priceless gift?

It's why I teach. And apparently you've decided all educators are incompetent imbeciles looking for a pay raise. So I won't waste more time for either of us.

I hope you continue with your tutoring. Sounds like you're making a difference.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I got no advice on how to deal with all that but, ill say this..

This doesn't strike me as a big deal i mean the kids 7 years old..It all comes down to the teacher or whichever adult was watching, they could have told him to just keep his hands to himself, a fair warning but, instead it appears whoever the adult there was, was a total douche bag.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

The American public healthcare system has become stupid and these are the people teaching your children. Ever wonder why people seem a bit dumber now days? Well, this is a great example why.

The American public education system has stifled any and all common sense and logic.

Such a shame.

edit on 25-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

There are two books out there None Dare Call it Treason, and None Dare Call it Education by John A. Stormer(Yes some sort of preacher, just ignore the religious parts if you don't like them. The thesis is the important part).
I have 8 or 9 original print copies of the first, looking for the second.

Both Circa 1960's, he puts forth in both that our country is being torn down from within on purpose.
That our schools are in fact dumbed down on purpose to make those who can't feel good about themselves.
One of his theories is those who can do those who can't become politicians.
Once they get in power they want to stay in power, the only way to do that is to make sure fewer and fewer people can challenge them.
Know what laws are good or bad, know which politicians are good for the country or bad for it.

What's sad is it's not just one party, it's every party save a few independents.
Most politicians(not all, but most) can't succeed in the private sector, and are angry at the success of others.
Instead of looking at their betters and aspiring to improve themselves like most people used to they seek to tear down those who work hard.

Are there those that inherit money and don't deserve it? Yes, but they will lose their money on their own in time.
Money does not serve a weak mind, it only serves someone who can master and control it.

The entire country is changing, and it seems for the worse.

I still think and hope or best days are before us, but only if we all educate ourselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
OH yeah, I forgot to add something very important about the student advocates I mentioned earlier. They do not charge you money, unlike lawyers. At least the ones in NY didn't.

And, unless it's a lawyer that specializes in the school system stuff, they know a whole lot more than a lawyer would when it comes to school policies and such.. There is a lot of localized politics when it comes to school issues.
edit on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:54:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: type slower dummy

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

It's wonderful you tutor children. Isn't it amazing when a child gets excited about learning? To see that spark of understanding light up their eyes? To know that you've given that child a priceless gift?

It's why I teach. And apparently you've decided all educators are incompetent imbeciles looking for a pay raise. So I won't waste more time for either of us.

Apparently enough of these teachers are incompetent imbeciles to make my tutoring skills in demand. I don't tutor developmentally stunted kids. The kids, and young adults I tutor are very bright and want to learn. I show them how to, and if teachers did this I suppose my tutoring career would be over.

Yes, it is wonderful to watch eyes light up, to watch young minds expand, and to watch individuals have their own palpable experience of dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Another great book I have read that goes into the school system.... Outwitting the devil. Despite it's title, it is not a religious book, it is very thought provoking though.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Your son was obviously in the wrong. Only TSA has the right to touch children inappropriately

~is still a rose

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Damn parents always pullng up[ their kids pants, i hate you pedo parents

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Either; leave the United States of Paranoia while you can,
-or stay and fight a loosing battle for your freedom!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

I've posted this before, but it's worth repeating. I've seen some friends of mine go through this mess firsthand.

Get an attorney that has experience dealing with DCFS!

Find out what the time limit is in your state for DCFS to prove their case. I'm told it's different in some states. Make sure your attorney holds them to it.

DCFS can force an evaluation in some cases, but not all. Find out if they can in yours.

Don't answer any questions that haven't been run through your attorney.

Make sure your never alone with these people. Have a friend or relative with you anytime they are around.

I wish you the best of luck. DCFS, CPS, are very unethical and underhanded. Never forget that for a moment.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Apparently enough of these teachers are incompetent imbeciles to make my tutoring skills in demand. I don't tutor developmentally stunted kids. The kids, and young adults I tutor are very bright and want to learn. I show them how to, and if teachers did this I suppose my tutoring career would be over.

Yes, it is wonderful to watch eyes light up, to watch young minds expand, and to watch individuals have their own palpable experience of dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum!

Since you've decided the majority of teachers are incompetent imbeciles, perhaps you should consider a career in education. Share your expertise with educators. Make a difference.

Or I guess you can continue to insult those who truly care and are dedicating their lives to working with children.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Would you tolerate such behavoir from an adult that you or your child did not know?

No you would not.

Your son should know not to touch -anyone-without their permission.

We teach our children all the time to be wary of such advances.

If your son reached in the girls pants and pulled them up, well, there you go, n'uff said.

As to it being "sexual", by virtue of being Human we are sexual from the moment we grow in the womb. He might not understand what he did, but any adult should.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

It is hard to reply to the stupid statements you have made without getting personal but I will try.

The child is seven years young. Attitudes that you have expressed are exactly those that get into schools and result in these absurdities. I am guessing that you have not raised children.

Children GROW. By seven they have lots of learning left to do. Much of it is social learning. Our species is touchy feely. It is in our nature. Then puritanical idiots get into the picture and all hell brakes loose,

To the OP, your child is putting the best light on the situation. The real problem is with a system that that equates a wedgie (at worst) with assault. If you can afford so, get a lawyer. If any psyc tests are done have independent tests done as well. You can also assume that the possibility exists that the girl is really enjoying being the center of attention and is making it sound worse. She may even be doing it subconsciously because she perceives that this is what the adults want.

Your not alone. This happens in other countries as well. TSHTF when my son at 5 years old agreed that someones Mum was fatter than his Mum. Of course he yelled this across the playground after school while the other mortified mother was picking up her angel!

I attacked straight back. Check if your school has a process in place for incidents and make sure they have followed it. I can tell you now, they have not. Then get a lawyer to demand an apology from the school board.

Lastly, give your son a hug

P

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Butt crack showing~is the little girl obese? Maybe her parents should be investigated for child neglect

~is still a rose

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuthealien
reply to post by coop039

sounds more like he was trying to give her a wedgie ,pull her pants up her backcrack,so it may be the case that your son is a bully and was trying to humiliate this girl,i dont expect you to think clearly about this as it is your son ,and as such you can see no wrong in this....
but please try to consider this from all sides,maybe just maybe your son is guilty

The problem with posts like this, isn't the individual who writes them. The real problem is the amount of stars they get, which indicates the level of public support for such opinions.

In case anyone is wondering why this sort of scenario exists, I submit the above as evidence. People in America apparently want the sort of legalistic paranoia and repression that currently exists; and there are apparently also large numbers of them.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Find a lawyer and threaten them with a huge million dollar lawsuit for stigmatizing your son with this label at this early age.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

From my understanding, the clergy is firmly in favor of exposed grade school butt crack.

Apparently many people on this thread are for it as well, being that they are eager to condemn the boy, but only a few of us have brought up that the girl shouldn't be wearing pants that show her butt crack, and especially not to school.

It is was a boy showing his butt crack, they would have probably given the girl an award for pulling up his pants, and then water boarded the boy. Sexism has gone so far in this country, with discrimination against males, that we have become the opposite of the Taliban, and not in a good way.

Actually we do worse, we are now labeling 7 yr olds as sex offenders.

edit on 25-4-2012 by poet1b because: add last line

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuthealien
reply to post by coop039

sounds more like he was trying to give her a wedgie ,pull her pants up her backcrack,so it may be the case that your son is a bully and was trying to humiliate this girl,i dont expect you to think clearly about this as it is your son ,and as such you can see no wrong in this....
but please try to consider this from all sides,maybe just maybe your son is guilty

I think the point he is trying to make is that even if it was worst case scenario - a wedgie - then suspension is STILL insanely over the top punishment for a 7 year old. A stern talking to and alternative lesser punishment would have been more than fitting to help the little guy straighten up and fly right. When you are that old sometimes you don't know how bad something is when you do it (even thought you might know its a bit "naughty"), he may have just gotten a bit carried away. But that's okay, we all get carried away at the worst of times. Doesn't mean we need to be expelled/suspended from our learning institution and shamed for it, we must correct out mistakes not surpress them. Parents like those of the little girl who had her pants pulled up make me sick. What the hell point are you trying to prove by ruining another families lives. Just so you can feel good about getting revenge? Because I don't think either of them would be mentally scarred from this until you start making such a huge deal about it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by smyleegrl

Glad to get a teachers input

All 3 of my boys are ADHD,
so I can relate to your frustrations.

Are you sure they have ADHD? Leave it up to the doctors and 9 out 10 kids have ADHD. ADHD is a catch all for everything now days. I often wonder just how many of the kids that are said to have ADHD really in fact do not have anything of the sort.

ADHD symptoms

Sounds just like every nominal kid I have ever seen..

I guess the being a kid is now crime.

Kid=ADHD?

And they wonder why kids drop out of school at the rate they do.
edit on 4/25/2012 by fixer1967 because: spelling

edit on 4/25/2012 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
It wasn't your son's responsibility to remedy the situation, and it was certainly a breach of the little girl's rights to be touched by your son in any way she did not wish to be touched.

The school doesn't need to account for your son's age, that is for the authorities to deal with. They reported the incident, which was their obligation under existing precedent. Said authorities have decided that the action requires further investigation.

Teach your child to keep his hands to himself in the future.

I really don't know how to respond, when I read posts like this. The first thing that I generally have to do, is count to ten, take several deep breaths, and remind myself not to feel violent towards the poster.

Seriously...someone help me, here. How do we communicate with someone who expresses this type of opinion? Is there honestly any way to reach people who are so imbued with the "state security and safety at any cost," mentality?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Any kid that dares show any spirit at all must be slapped down by our school system, and put on drugs, as things are currently being ran these days.

What they really need to do is fire all the top people in failing school systems, and hire people completely outside of the system to replace the incompetent school administrators who are the real problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join