It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 7 year old suspened for "sexual harassment"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+86 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I read all these crazy stories about things that happen in schools and think there is no way it can really be that bad. Let me tell, IT IS.

My 7 year old son was suspended yesterday, I got a letter from the school stating it was for "Sexual Harassment". Also as a result, there is a real possibility he may be expelled depending on what the little girls parents decide. Also, I am now under investigation from DFS, and have been told told I need to have a phych eval done on my son ASAP.

What was his crime? He grabbed her pants (in the back) and pulled them up because "her butt crack was showing and it was disgusting". Now Im not the type who thinks his child can do no wrong, I know my little boy is not always the angel I want him to be, but to call this sexual harassment is just plain nuts.

Any adivce on how to deal with the school and DFS with this would be appreciated.

Thank you ATS.
edit on 25-4-2012 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
i know that what he did was a little weird, and kids to weird things ALL the time.

but if anything, he should be rewarded!

he HELPED her.

edit: i mean seriously! he innocently saw there was a problem, and fixed it!

maybe he should have told her, or told the teacher (not like the teacher would have done anything because they don't give a *** with how little they are being paid)

but he really didn't do anything wrong! (if the story is true)

i think that this whole thing is blown out of proportion, because all those nutty school faculty members and fancy shmancy naggy gossiping teachers ( im not being sexist, im talking about a large group of teachers in general )
that LOVE and i mean ABSOLUTELY LOVE to fabricate drama, just like in their soap operas. (yes male teachers as well)

so there you got principles, having a power trip because of an opportunity to execute punishment over a false sense of justice, a bunch of teachers acting like unprofessional vultures and savages, and a poor little boy and girl being mentally scarred, while one set of parents has a heart attack, and the other decides if they want to ruin someone else's life for something so little.

i hope that everybody just wakes up, this is all a game. you don't have to play it people.

wake up.
edit on 25-4-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Poor little ones. They aren't allowed to be children anymore.

Perhaps the best defense is a good offense. It would seem your son was defending himself against a sexual assault by the young girl.

So very, very sad

+49 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You're better off homeschooling him; the educational system in America is so worthless.

Let him be social, just keep him away from this brain atrophied school.

Seriously it may be the only way parents can successfully protest these ultra-sensitive, blind justice school policies.

+33 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
My 7 year old got kicked off the bus for a girl kissing him on the cheek. I literally asked the principal on the phone if she was joking. This kind of stuff has gotten out of hand! Hopefully the girl's parents in your case are not complete morons and also think this whole ordeal is ridiculous.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

sounds more like he was trying to give her a wedgie ,pull her pants up her backcrack,so it may be the case that your son is a bully and was trying to humiliate this girl,i dont expect you to think clearly about this as it is your son ,and as such you can see no wrong in this....
but please try to consider this from all sides,maybe just maybe your son is guilty

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
I read all these crazy stories about things that happen in schools and think there is no way it can really be that bad. Let me tell, IT IS.

My 7 year old son was suspended yesterday, I got a letter from the school stating it was for "Sexual Harassment". Also as a result, there is a real possibility he may be expelled depending on what the little girls parents decide. Also, I am now under investigation from DFS, and have been told told I need to have a phych eval done on my son ASAP.

What was his crime? He grabbed her pants (in the back) and pulled them up because "her butt crack was showing and it was disgusting". Now Im not the type who thinks his child can do no wrong, I know my little boy is not always the angel I want him to be, but to call this sexual harassment is just plain nuts.

Any adivce on how to deal with the school and DFS with this would be appreciated.

Thank you ATS.

Honestly, I would contact the local news station and report all this information.......

these people and these policies need to be exposed as much as possible to the general population so they can see EVEN IN THEIR AREAS just how bad things are getting......

I hate to say it because i loathe attention seekers........but this is justified.......

People NEED TO SEE that this PC. nanny CRAP.......is hitting them at home.......and its not just some far away issue that only happens to isolated people in far away cities

not only that it puts the school and the people who enforce that craps, fat into the fire and atleast makes them have to answer for their actions

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
You're better off homeschooling him; the educational system in America is so worthless.

Let him be social, just keep him away from this brain atrophied school.

Seriously it may be the only way parents can successfully protest these ultra-sensitive, blind justice school policies.

OH PLEASE YES. for the love of your poor child's sanity, please just home school him, or you could find out more on this- "legal unschooling" look it up on youtube. when they want to know something, they learn it.

let your kid be social, but let the poor kid learn at home, school has to be one of the worst experiences in my entire life, its a cruel and extremely over-stressful environment that i wish to never be a part of again.

school isn't even a place of learning anymore, its just a h*ll hole where poor kids are judged for how well they can memorize advanced mathematics and brainwashing with F's for failure just because they simply aren't good at a subject, and drowned in unnecessary testing all day long, every day. its more than enough to make someone "lose it" many MANY times.

please do him a favor and just "understand" and have mercy on him. *hugs*

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
A psych eval test?
And being investigated by DFS?

What is this world coming to? I've made the decision i'm never having kids until our corporate governments are gone. I wouldn't be able to deal with something like that. I get angry at stupid things, and that is so stupid that i would probably lose my mind on someone.

Stupidity does that to me. Thats why i dropped out of highschool. Thats why i despise the public school system. They're all full of morons who don't know anything, where they teach you to judge your peers and listen to what authority tells you. no questions asked.

Haha, the last semester of the last year of highschool is all i made it to, i snapped and and got up in the middle of class and started to leave "Where do you think your going?" "Im making a decision that i hate everyone in this building, and i don't want to be here", then i gave the vice principal the finger as i left and hopped in my car. Never went back. Theres more to the story than just that.. but yeah.
edit on 25/4/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuthealien
reply to post by coop039

sounds more like he was trying to give her a wedgie ,pull her pants up her backcrack,so it may be the case that your son is a bully and was trying to humiliate this girl,i dont expect you to think clearly about this as it is your son ,and as such you can see no wrong in this....
but please try to consider this from all sides,maybe just maybe your son is guilty

and so what if he was being a playful dumb little kid like we ALL have been many many times?

oh hahah wedgie!

ow!

im telling on you!

uh oh

time out 10 min, say sorry.

kid feels bad for a little moment, grows up and easily understands how silly he was being, obviously because everyone has been a kid before.

its normal.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuthealien
reply to post by coop039

I knew I would get answers like this here. As I said, I know my son isnt perfect, but to bully is not something I have ever seen in his character. And even if it was a wedgie, sexual harassment and possible expulsion is just crazy.

I have no reason to believe his side of the story is untrue, he has always come clean in the past when he has been in trouble.

Unfortunately I am a single full time dad, and I dont have the ability or finances to home school him or send him to a private school.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by coop039

Thank you ATS.

Honestly, I would contact the local news station and report all this information.......

these people and these policies need to be exposed as much as possible to the general population so they can see EVEN IN THEIR AREAS just how bad things are getting......

I hate to say it because i loathe attention seekers........but this is justified.......

People NEED TO SEE that this PC. nanny CRAP.......is hitting them at home.......and its not just some far away issue that only happens to isolated people in far away cities

not only that it puts the school and the people who enforce that craps, fat into the fire and atleast makes them have to answer for their actions

dude i agree, go to the news and tell on that school so hard.

if they try to expel, you should consider the thought of the possibility of maybe suing them.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I got suspended once because my hand accidentally brushed across a teacher's breast while struggling to break free of her hold.

She was seriously considering pressing charges for sexual harrassment, even though she knew she had initiated contact and I was merely trying to break free (like any rebellious 12 year old would do).

And that was in 99.

But then again, that teacher was psycho. LOL

edit on 25-4-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Have you actually spoken in person with anyone at the school? Have you met with the principal, teacher, etc.? Were there witnesses (other than children) to this event?

It's just amazing to me that they would suspend a 7-year old via a letter, based on one incident, without meeting with the parent. Have there been any previous incidents of problems recently, even if unrelated to this one?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So, this "Principle" is gonna throw a monkey wrench into the normal flow of your current family life and screw things up for you, all because her bra-burning mentality needs to be recognized and justified by not letting kids be kids?

Ugh!

This is Pussified America at its grandest!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Have you actually spoken in person with anyone at the school? Have you met with the principal, teacher, etc.? Were there witnesses (other than children) to this event?

It's just amazing to me that they would suspend a 7-year old via a letter, based on one incident, without meeting with the parent. Have there been any previous incidents of problems recently, even if unrelated to this one?

We are meeting with the school first thing tomorrow morning. I dont know if there were witnesses, he said the little girl told the teacher on the playground.
He has had some disruptive behavior in class, not listening, singing out loud, but nothing like this.

Im really concerned about this "sexual harassment" being on his record forever and him being judged by it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Let them do their investigation, and comply with all requests.
It will be written off eventually.

I'm sorry you have to go through this though.

Over zealous teachers and school boards are rampant right now.
You can't get them to stop bullies, but seems they have no problem finding smaller issues to pick on.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have experienced something similar to this with one of my kids about 8 years ago (she's 17 now), however the charge by the principal was theft and my child is female, but the punishment was going to be the same, suspension. The item at hand was a pack of markers that was property of the teacher that my daughter felt looked wayyyy better in her possession, so she took them.

I was livid at this school for having the audacity to accuse my little girl of thievery. Even more when I asked her account of what took place. From her sweet little lips came this story of innocence and utter betrayal by the other student involved and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

The thing I want to caution you with, is kids, aren't stupid, but they are, if that makes sense?

My daughter, in the case, exploited the fact that she was Daddy's little girl and I went to bat with it, with all but accusing the school and the principal of blatant harassment.

Then I went in to the school (with my daughter) and was presented the evidence by which they based their decision. After that, I quickly realized I was played like a fiddle. Once my daughter realized that the hole she dug herself was now too deep to escape, she sobbingly confessed the true account of what had actually occurred.

She fortunately was not suspended as the humiliation she endured was determined to be punishment enough, that and the explanation of what the worst case scenario in the real world could have been by making the decision to swipe the teachers markers.

Get the full story first, then react and make your decisions accordingly, is the moral to this post.

edit on 4/25/2012 by UberL33t because: punc.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You need to start researching your rights regarding dfs asap. You do not have to do anything without a court order. Do not sign anything unless court ordered. Seriously. Look into specific rights and how to protect them for your state.

And homeschooling can be as cheap or as expensive as you want. I'm currently looking into it for one of my children who is failing miserably in school.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is absurd to say the least.

When I was 13 I had a boy slap me through the face at multiple times in a row. I just stood there, and asked him if he was done... he just kept hitting me. Eventually I cracked and started crying ( I was trying to be 'strong and brave'). Nobody did anything to help...

The kid got in major trouble, but was never expelled.
Why on earth would they want to expel your kid for something so trivial?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join