It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'They're killing us': world's most endangered tribe cries for help

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I have a small part of Native American in me, we think anyhow. I take great pride in possibly being descended from The People of the Turtle Continent.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You talk of denuding the Brazilian Rain Forest......Come out to North Carolina and see the pillaging going on. Half the forest I came out to here in 06 has been logged out, it looks like war zones where forest once was.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
"oooooooh don't blame the loggers!"

F that noise.

Loggers 'burned Amazon tribe girl alive
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by VariableConstant
(Warning: This is truly awful and may be upsetting)
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I am unsure if this is the correct forum in which to post this story. There is no "Just Plain Horrible" forum, which would be appropriate in this case, I think.

Sickeningly horrible, even. According to the story linked above, a group of loggers in Brazil captured a young girl from a "primitive" tribe that was living on land that they wanted to log. In an effort to force the tribe to vacate the land, they tied the young girl (reported to be 8 years old) to a tree and set her on fire. If that is not terrorism, I don't know what is.

The article states that the girl's tribe has managed to remain isolated from the outside world (until recently, obviously), and that the men who captured her would have been the first "white" people that she had ever seen.

Luis Carlos Guajajaras, a local leader from a separate tribe, told a Brazilian news website that they tied to her a tree and set her alight as a warning to other natives, who live in a protected reserve in the north-eastern state of Maranhão .

"She was from another tribe, they live deep in the jungle, and have no contact with the outside world. It would have been the first time she had ever seen white men. We heard that they laughed as they burned her to death," he said.

Good lord.

Huge iron ore deposits and valuable timber have encouraged mining and logging companies to enter the forests of Maranhão despite laws designed to protect the few remaining uncontacted tribes, often leading to violent clashes.

Around 450 tribes people have were murdered in Brazil between 2003 and 2010, according to figures from CIMI. Survival, a charity for tribal groups, warned that a third of the Awá's land had already been destroyed and that their nomadic hunter-gatherer lifestyle was being threatened as animals fled in the face of the approaching logging companies.

It would seem to me that the only "primitive" people involved in this are the loggers and the society that instilled within them the sheer greed and lack of conscience that would be required to partake in such a disgusting, horrific act.

I am reminded of some words that I saw carved into a fallen tree in a pristine, untouched valley the other day: "What you do to the land, you do to your children."

Indeed.

Link again www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 12-1-2012 by VariableConstant because: added warning

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Send a few armed drones over their and shut em up...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

all for the lust of money... how could their population let their leaders sell their souls out?

same thing has happened in my country... everything has been outsourced for a profit.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaddafi
But these things will continue to happen around there world if we do not attack the root cause (money).

It's truly a shame what is happening
but the root cause is not money
go ahead and destroy money and then people will barter with food, wood, weapons wtv....
at the end with enough supplies you'll be rich just as someone who is rich where money still exists

the root cause is not money, the root cause is corruption, money is only a means and nothing more
there will always be some form of currency no matter where you are, even tribes themselves trade

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
BE CAREFUL !!!!

I live in Brazil and most of these news are hoax.
It's amazing how newspapers publish this kind of thing without an investigation.
Crimes do happend, but there are lots of ONGs that make fake news in order to gather money.

If you like, I could make an article explaining many misunderstoods and the external influence over Amazon.

Loggers 'burned Amazon tribe girl alive'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Investigation and confirmation of HOAX
www1.folha.uol.com.br...

4.5 millions hm² of brazilian territory is directly owned by foreigners, here are the percentages of each state.

imageshack.us...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Although i remember reading about this tribe that were found about 10 or so years ago now i always thought that one day they would be driven out of the area or killed off.... this is very bad all for the sake of more Industrialisation.... more pollution and more money!!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

This continuation of the end times is why romney will be the gop candidate. Ron Paul is the only one who will be a responsible patriarch of responsibility.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No, the root cause is progress. For the human species to keep advancing like we have been for the past 5000 years, then some sacrifices have to be made. If we as a species kept with the reasoning demonstrated in this thread, we'd still be living in huts terrified of what might live over the next hill.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Jungles like South Americas rainforests produce the majority of the planet's oxygen, cut those down and we will all be dead in 100 years.'

This is a crime, not just robbing the jungles inhabitants of homes but some of those trees are several thousand years old.

No they don't numb-nuts
Algae produces most of the worlds oxygen smfh

I can't believe you just tried to pull that # out of your ass for the point of sensationalism.

I'm blocking/ or ignoring you from now on, don't even reply to me
edit on 22-4-2012 by Duceis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
No, the root cause is progress. For the human species to keep advancing like we have been for the past 5000 years, then some sacrifices have to be made. If we as a species kept with the reasoning demonstrated in this thread, we'd still be living in huts terrified of what might live over the next hill.

Firstly this tribe is nomadic, so they aren't afraid of what's over the next hill

Secondly if you think progress can't occur without evil acts well then your perception of progress in flawed

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I disagree. If you know history, you know that "evil" acts almost always advance the human species in great jumps. The desire to exploit the resources of the Far East lead to the discovery of North America. The Nazi regime, despite being one of the most dangerous and unstable governments in history, launched the world forward 20 years technologically. The Cold War lead directly to human exploration of space. Say what you like about "evil," but don't deny that it's changed the world for the good as much as for worse.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

well, now that you named some of the worst advancement, where is your list of the good advancements. How much of our national debt and the lack of any value of our outstanding money is contributed to these three things. What did man going to the moon accomplish other than bragging rights. What did the advancement in biotech actually accomplish and was it worth the creation of bacteria we cannot fight? The desire to exploit the resources of the east led to the destruction of most of the Native Americans and the possible end to mankind with our nuclear arsenal and our never ending craving for things we do not need.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think it would be best if veteran warfighters volunteered their time to provide these natives some security a multi national non profit private security I'd be up for that. Any one know if there is anything out there like that?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Seriously I joined the USMC as an 0311 thinking I would be protecting people across the globe from evil, instead I ended up doing multiple tours of the middle east, I never did it for money, medals, or glory, nor patriotism, I was simply compelled I'd trade a year of my life to go to the jungle with a small group of professionals to provide them security from rogue murdering guns for hire no money no perks like million dollar team condo I know other people that also weren't soldiers of fortune that often talked about doing something like that. It's such a bad world these people have done nothing they are pure of modern politics economics etc. if anyone needs protection it would be them and other African tribal nations in constant war there are others you never hear about.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
If that meant me or some tribe. I'd be choosing me.
Thank you for the demonstration of human nature. We are played against each other, and we play to win.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

Oh you cant have something so brazen... then you might have moral people that would object to such a thing working in Idaho of the multinational corporations... you have to have legal fictions like 'land rights' that we just make up and tell these indigenous people that 'sorry you didnt claim your land right now it belongs to a company that can destroy your way of life'. Almost in the same way that in the book Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy they claimed the papers were on display for 40 earth years before they decided to blow up earth... in Alpha Centauri...

So you create this legal fiction that you can somehow 'own' a mountain... people buy into it... and feel good when people are evicted because thats the law or some other nonsense.... and isnt it lovely when the rule of law is upheld right? Isnt that makes us civilized? Ummmmm no.... that is not... Just because you legislate criminality doesnt make it legal nor does it make it right.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
The Cold War lead directly to human exploration of space. .

The first few examples you gave are disgusting

And for space exploration that was international image and competition not the cold war

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xtcsx
because thats the law
The people love to condemn the law breaker. The people dream of having the money, connections, and skills of a lawyer. The Law is a very powerful tool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join