It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'They're killing us': world's most endangered tribe cries for help

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Old news.

These tyrants even resort to kidnapping the kids of these tribes, tying them to trees and executing them; as a warning for them to leave the areas (their homes) that these rapacious companies want to pillage.

There are laws in place... though corruption rules in these places (more blatantly than in the West, that is).

Sad.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Just look back through History and you will see that Native people have always been forcibly shifted in home and mind for the benefit of the Governments.

This stuff has been going on forever because the people at the top do not care, and the people at the bottom cant unite to change it.

Until the people of the world unite in voting out corrupt, evil and greedy Governments, nothing will ever change. Holy christ, just look at the fact Mitt Romney is going to be the republican Candidate for 2012, doesnt that say anything?

the people are still too blind, too stupid and too brainwashed to change a damn thing.

edit on 22-4-2012 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

That is all I got. It says enough really.
edit on 22-4-2012 by ventian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie
I know you are just being funny with your observation...but there's probably a justification for their big feet, they don't were shoes so it could be simply a result of their feet not being confined/molded by footwear... just a thought on my part.

It was a genuine observation. Although I did laugh when I noticed how big their feet were. The shoe theory is a good point. Maybe in the western world people do have smaller feet because shoes are so common. We have to wear them all day at school when we are children, so maybe the bones don't grow/expand as much as they should.

This is interesting to think about.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by Gaddafi
If cutting down a rainforest was the only way for you to earn a living then you would do it to, like it or not.

Seriously, I wouldn't.

I'd rather be out of work.

Try not having a job and a starving family - you will do what it takes to make sure they are safe. I think some of you are so naive in your thinking of how the real world works.

Some of you are in for a very rude surprise when / if we have a global economic collapse.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by robhines

People who have never faced poverty say that.

So it's okay to ruin the lives of others for personal gain?

I guess that makes drug dealers okay in your opinion.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Not one to advocate for violence here but just tell this people that if the do not cease we will orbital strike.

That or sniper teams take your pick....problem solved

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaddafi

You can give a crap about natives and blame loggers all you want but the problem is going to continue to happen.

Why not for a change attack the root cause of the problem which is money and a corrupt system.

Money is not the root cause. The love of money is.

Greed.

Money by itself is nothing but a thing. Chasing after it is where it goes off the rails. Remove the money from the system, and whatever replaces it is what the greed will be focused upon. Address the greed instead.

If you didn't give them a market, they wouldn't be able to make any money off of it.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

To claim capitalism enslaves is inaccurate. Capitalism represents freedom and whether you want to believe the facts or not a capitalist society is always more charitable and compassionate than any other form of economy. It has been proven in many cases (the citizens of the US of A are one of the most charitable of all nations on earth ) so when you lie about capitalism enslaving people I need to ask you to take that back.

ignorance enslaves people

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Try not having a job and a starving family - you will do what it takes to make sure they are safe.

Sorry, but there's just no way I'd watch the kids of a tribe suffer so I could feed my own. I'd do everything I could to find another way, even if I had to go on benefits and the kids had crappy food for a while, I'd rather that instead. So would many others here I'd guess, especially if they saw a tribe suffering because of the job they were doing.

You can say I'm being too simplistic, but if you were in that position and seeing the suffering of others you'd probably think differently pretty fast.

And sorry, but I can't carry on responding to these types of things because there's no way I can put across just how strongly I feel about it, so it's not really worth it. We all have things we won't back down on, and this is just one of the things that gets me at that point.
edit on 23-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have something else to add actually.... last week i saw this documentary on the tribes in Papua New Guinee and i was thinking what its like for the young children in that tribe.... they dont have toys (bikes, board games, computer games) or anything that the children in the Technologically Advanced World that we have and i was like well, they must be wondering a little about what they are missing out on... when they saw the Plane fly over and land they must have thought 'wow, Aliens or Gods are here'...

So a part of me thinks that these Tribes would be happy to see a new world and part of me thinks its sad to advance into someone else's backyard if they want to remain as they are.... but all in all we shouldnt be killing off the Amazon as it is needed... not only for them but for many of us relying on the weather system and our air supply!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Does anyone have any particulars about this story? Who is doing the logging? When? Has there been contact between these tribes and the loggers? Has contact been attempted?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The people in those tribes wish to live in luxury without any modern responsibility. That land does not belong to them, it belongs to the government. They are not subjects of thier primitive king but rather of the head of state.

Primitive people should not be allowed to exist, otherwise, who is to say that I cannot demand equal rights to them?

edit on 23-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This article saddens me because I have always lived and instill the same values into my children: The Golden Rule.

There are NO excuses to go to work armed killing innocent people. These people are not our military.... they are loggers.

Selfishness is the American Way.... I forgot! Its excused!??? Really???

These workers have a choice. Let them selves be used with a paycheck (be a robot) or do not allow them selves to be an enabled piece of property. There is a choice in this matter. They do not have to work cutting trees down and killing people. Furthermore they AINT STARVING!

On this thread I have seen a lot of excuses made in the name of the loggers starving. PLEASE! They are making a living cutting trees down and killing the ones WHO WILL BE STARVING!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

The people have lived like that for thousands upon thousands of years. What gives the government the right to tell them to up and leave? You sound like a right-wing government apologist.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by QQXXw

The people have lived like that for thousands upon thousands of years. What gives the government the right to tell them to up and leave? You sound like a right-wing government apologist.

We should not make special rules for those people and then different rules for everybody else

Their culture is a thorn in the progress of civilization

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

While they are certainly not progressing. It isn't our land to take. It belongs to them. They have lived there for thousands of years.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Who says they have to progress? Maybe they don't want to get caught up in the s**t that we have to deal with in our culture. The last time I checked, our civilization wasn't exactly flourishing

I don't think western society can really be used as a template anymore. Not the way things are now.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

indeed
the justifications of a sick society
posted on this thread would be laughable
if they weren't responsible for so much death and suffering

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by QQXXw

Who says they have to progress? Maybe they don't want to get caught up in the s**t that we have to deal with in our culture. The last time I checked, our civilization wasn't exactly flourishing

I don't think western society can really be used as a template anymore. Not the way things are now.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

The way the world works is that civilization advances forward and people must comply, and our civilization is flourishing, we have almost 7 billion people and many of them are busy worker-bees. The wild animals have mostly been rid off and many of the simpler diseases have become eradicated

I just don't think it would be wise to leave those people where they are and pretend that the world has not evolved

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join