It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loggers 'burned Amazon tribe girl alive'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
(Warning: This is truly awful and may be upsetting)
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I am unsure if this is the correct forum in which to post this story. There is no "Just Plain Horrible" forum, which would be appropriate in this case, I think.

Sickeningly horrible, even. According to the story linked above, a group of loggers in Brazil captured a young girl from a "primitive" tribe that was living on land that they wanted to log. In an effort to force the tribe to vacate the land, they tied the young girl (reported to be 8 years old) to a tree and set her on fire. If that is not terrorism, I don't know what is.

The article states that the girl's tribe has managed to remain isolated from the outside world (until recently, obviously), and that the men who captured her would have been the first "white" people that she had ever seen.

Luis Carlos Guajajaras, a local leader from a separate tribe, told a Brazilian news website that they tied to her a tree and set her alight as a warning to other natives, who live in a protected reserve in the north-eastern state of Maranhão .

"She was from another tribe, they live deep in the jungle, and have no contact with the outside world. It would have been the first time she had ever seen white men. We heard that they laughed as they burned her to death," he said.

Good lord.

Huge iron ore deposits and valuable timber have encouraged mining and logging companies to enter the forests of Maranhão despite laws designed to protect the few remaining uncontacted tribes, often leading to violent clashes.

Around 450 tribes people have were murdered in Brazil between 2003 and 2010, according to figures from CIMI. Survival, a charity for tribal groups, warned that a third of the Awá's land had already been destroyed and that their nomadic hunter-gatherer lifestyle was being threatened as animals fled in the face of the approaching logging companies.

It would seem to me that the only "primitive" people involved in this are the loggers and the society that instilled within them the sheer greed and lack of conscience that would be required to partake in such a disgusting, horrific act.

I am reminded of some words that I saw carved into a fallen tree in a pristine, untouched valley the other day: "What you do to the land, you do to your children."

Indeed.

Link again www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 12-1-2012 by VariableConstant because: added warning

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
this has just turned my stomach reading this, this morning who would kill a human to make profit for the company / corporation you work for

why do we have to destroy mother nature and the people that live in tune with her

makes me sick

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
That is truly evil. It makes me sick to think of that poor child dying in such a horrible way, murdered by so-called "civilized" people

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Death is too good for those bastards. I can only hope there is a hell and they have reservations. I knew I should not have read this story

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This has made my soul cry and tears come from my eys, i dont want to say i hate them as i do not like that word, but this people that done this they will pay, you will read soon how loggers got killed by a falling tree or something like that trust me.
How can someone be so bad it pains me inside to think of it..
edit on 12-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
She died in vain, the world didn't even get to know her life; her story, even her name..
I hope those people responsible get what they deserve.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
We should all donate some money to a team of sharpshooters.... and clear out those loggers

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I had to add a warning to the OP, as this really is horrible. Apologies for upsetting anyone; I debated whether or not I should even post this.

I don't like adding to the air of gloom that can be found on this site. The more I think about it, the more I wish I had never found the story myself.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Truly sickening, a nightmare made real by men without conscience. That they can live with themselves at all is amazing and shows psychopathic tendencies IMO. Epicly horrible.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
We don't have time to defend them, we've got to get to Iran pronto. They don't have oil do they?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
this is sad but not really new, "more civlilised" people have been doing things like this to "primitive" cultures for all of recorded history.

when the romans conquered Britain it slaughtered many men in cold blood and raped many more women.

When the europeans began enslaving africa they treated the africans with more cruel disregard than we treat cattle today.

When Columbus reached America he enslaved the locals to pan for gold and ordered that any man, woman or child that failed to find enough would have a hand cut off.

We like to think as a species we are past all this but what little mercy we do show these days is mainly out of the luxury of wealth.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a little girl burned by cruel idiots and soldiers peeing on corpses ... what a nice start in the morning :-(
is there something wrong in this world? i think you know the answer ... especially as nobody will care about these stories in a few days from now ...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Human beings doing what we do best - pillage and burn. All in the name of the little tin god - Money!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I didn't read the story link, you words were enough for me.
Our soldiers are defiantly fighting the wrong war is all i can say.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Is the anyway to find out who the logging company's are in that place? or is the lots??.
I had 4 visions of 4 men. 1 gets killed by a machine with spikes that eat trees,
another gets hit by a car while drunk, another gets killed in a pub in a fight,
another has a tree fall on him., dont know if thats real or not,
but thats what i seen when i closed my eyes.
And even if i dont like to say it, i hope that is what happens to the people that done this to this poor girl,
cos if i was god thats what i would do..
edit on 12-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hope this thread gets much needed attention. This is truly horrible.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

This is indeed horrific and what loggers are doing to the rainforest is as much a rape and a pillage of resources. These people are an endangered species and steps to protect them and their habitat need to be taken in the same way we protect wilderness areas that are home to endangered species of animal like birds, and butterflies. The rainforest are the lungs of the planet and should like Jerusalem belong to no one country but become property of the world as a "world" or planetary resource...Until then we can consider that this poor planet has cancer of the lung and the cancer is growing.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
this has just turned my stomach reading this, this morning who would kill a human to make profit for the company / corporation you work for

I doubt it was for profit.

Given how evil they obviously are, I have no doubt they raped her before they did this.

They probably only burnt her to dispose of the evidence.

Any reports of this tribe causing problems for the loggers? They live deep in the jungle and have no outside contact...
edit on 12/1/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by theruthlessone

I doubt it was for profit.

Given how evil they obviously are, I have no doubt they raped her before they did this.

They probably only burnt her to dispose of the evidence.

Any reports of this tribe causing problems for the loggers?

No matter if they raped the girl beforehand or not it certainly seems as if it was all a part of intimidation to terrorize or they would not have let her body be found. What constitutes "causing problems for the loggers"? Would this be trying to prevent them from bulldozing their home? I realize none of them have deeds to the property there but they have eminent domain and are the indigenous species. The loggers don't belong there and the company they work for should be boycotted or brought up on charges.

edit on 12-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
We should all donate some money to a team of sharpshooters.... and clear out those loggers

why stop there

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join