It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'They're killing us': world's most endangered tribe cries for help

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What must the Eastern Islanders been thinking as they cut down the last tree?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
often the only thing people need is a music to get themselves pumped up. music will soothe even the savage beast...and its a natural adrenaline.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Sadly this is how its always been when more "advanced" peoples come into contact with "primitives".

We did it to our natives, like almost every other country did to theirs at some point in history. So it would be hypocritical to criticize them for doing exactly what we did when we were developing.

These people will be sucked up by the beast and become a cog in the machine, they will be farmed in captivity to produce for and serve the rulers like the rest of us. The more the beast grows the more it needs to consume, they cannot stand a chance trying to fight it but will make it worse by joining.

What made us so successful in our early history is killing us in modern history. Can we change in time?

edit on 22-4-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Now just imagine what could possibly happen if a more advanced species ever visited earth

They would be the new whites and humans would be the new Native Americans.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Crack is addictive...that is a fact. people smoke it just once and they think they are the standard of humanity.

i heard meth contributes to delusions of grandeur as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

This is all true. But I don't understand how it is relevant to this topic

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Edit: Double post.

Why does ATS keep double posting posts tonight?

edit on 22-4-2012 by Xaphan because: Double post

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
its a sin that this happens however until the demand goes away for paper, furniture and other such things tree's are used for then its going to keep happening. NO-one will truly care untill its too late and the oxygen trees provide this planet are depleted.

As a previous poster mentioned, you cannot blame the loggers, they are working to feed their families, yes i would like to think my own principles would overcome anything as diverse and damaging to the ecosystem and planet however if i had to choose between my children having a roof over their heads and food in their stomachs and my principles....im afraid to say my kids would prevail over that. Its a sad state of affairs.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
To the secret government, it is more a question of depopulation and control than money. Tribes like the Àwa are under no government, and can rebel anytime; by letting them getting destroyed (like the Maoris and the Indians in 1700-1800), they have thousands less peoples to get a hold of.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If you buy anything with palm oil in it you have contributed to this tribes demise indirectly... or am I thinking of Borneo?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
What must the Eastern Islanders been thinking as they cut down the last tree?

Ah yes, but they did it all by themeselves with no outside corporations, just like the Maori wiped out the moa and other culures burnt huge tracts of forest to flush out game.

The most secure though are the 100% fully protected North Sentinalese.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
It's beyond belief that laws aren't in place to protect tribes like this. Maybe they thought they could keep things quiet before journalists found out about them or something?

They are. The Second Amendment is a law of nature that needs no state to approve it.

Homesteading is homesteading whether there's a property title or not. If this tribe has homesteaded the areas before these logger companies got in there, then they are the aggressors.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
You know. Oil companies. Gold companies. Forestry companies. Farmland companies. Have been doing this for the last 50 years.

And its only coming up now?

Would you believe me if i said that our actions in south american and africa, as in the actions of 'corporations'?? They have wiped countless species off the planet. Have wiped tribes off the planet. Have turned beautiful lands into wastelands.

And people wonder why most of the world hates the US government and corporations, and wonder why they fight back (they're called terrorists)

Read "Confessions of an economic hitman"

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Jungles like South Americas rainforests produce the majority of the planet's oxygen, cut those down and we will all be dead in 100 years.'

This is a crime, not just robbing the jungles inhabitants of homes but some of those trees are several thousand years old.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaddafi

How can these people do this just for some money?

You cannot blame the loggers, their bosses or their bosses’ bosses’.
Blame money and our corrupt economic system which destroys 3rd world nations like Brazil and forces its people to do immoral and destructive things in order to survive.

If cutting down a rainforest was the only way for you to earn a living then you would do it to, like it or not.

No i would never do that. I would rather die than do such a thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Great thread OP S&F from me!

It's a very important issue that needs to be addressed in my opinion. There are in fact 2 problems that need to be solved in this current equation. First, there is the issue of disturbing/destroying the tribes way of life in a variety of ways. Second, there is the issue of deforestation and the practices of the lumber industry in the amazon.

In this particular situation both need to be addressed and resolved as soon as possible. Rather than dump tons of text into this post (which probably wouldn't be read if I did), I'll let the images/videos do the talking for me and you form your opinion from there;

If you are interested in learning more or interested in helping, check this site out;

Uncontacted Tribes
edit on 22-4-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: formatting

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Sadly we can't lame the loggers working in the rainforest. we can blame more though. seriously the comments about "I would never do that and would rather starve have got to be coming from people who have never starved before. they ma think that they have but I really doubt it.

When you starve you will do nearly anything to live. Take it from me starvation will make you steal from your best friend if it means food. Starving will make you steal from supermarkets because you need to literally eat. people say they're starving all the time. you aren't starving until you go two or three days without even a glass of juice let alone anything solid to digest. you starving when your body starts to camp you feel too weak to move you sleep all he time to conserve any form of energy you have. the ringing in your ears gets louder and worse by the minute until a day later it drives you crazy. you begin to start hating anybody who actually has any food to eat, believing they are the most self endulging person to have ever existed. you hate anybody who has money to eat. you seriously consider cold clocking the guy at the mcdonalds to take his fries from him because you need them more than him. You hate the smell of food cooking because it just makes you feel more pain and it makes you bitter that somebody is eating and your not. when you start to see your body waste away and get weaker every day. when you never heal because you don't have enough nutrients to. you literally notice yourself getting dumber and less able to think clearly because of lack of nutrition. when your body screams for you to do anything to get food because you are certain you WILL DIE in the next few days if you don't find anything to eat. once you are in this position you will do ANYTHING to survive including stealing and physical harm to others. all bets are off including your self dignity and sense of morals. in fact neither have anything to do with it when you are dying from starvation.

Now imagine you also have a family to support on top of all this. the responsibility is crushing. don't blame the loggers. blame the system.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Why is it assumed that the loggers are starving? Brazil has a rapidly growing economy, it's not some impoverished third world country. There ARE other jobs out there; it's not like the loggers are in a black and white scenario of destroy the forest or starve to death.

Besides, just because you're hungry doesn't make it okay for you to rape and pillage the planet, this has got to be the dumbest argument. "Well, if I was starving I would go kill all the natives and destroy the entire rainforest!!!!!" Really? Are people seriously this selfish?

If I was starving I'd go ask the natives for some food.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

Did anyone notice how big their feet are?

Seriously, look closely at the photo. Those are some damn big Bugs Bunny feet.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The question remains what can we do? And knowing the answer is the most saddening thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join