It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by juleol

You are a highly amusing individual, Sisyphus. I say that with no malice whatsoever. Laughter is a genuine gift.

an atheist is a minority of the smartest individuals on the planet

If atheists are the smartest individuals on this planet, then I don't think you understand just how much trouble the human race is in.

Dawkins is the leader of the atheist... and again a majority of this minority are wanna be preachers of some sort and they have an unquenchable urge to head over to theistic forums and attack a majority of peaceful loving and caring individuals.

Dawkins isn't necessarily the general of the atheistic insurgency, although he can be considered a spokesman for it that a sizeable number of them listen to.

As for Christians being a majority of peaceful, loving, and caring individuals; I might have to ask you to mail me some of whatever you were smoking when you came up with that idea. If I was to take that stuff back with me up to Nimbin when I go, I suspect I could sell it for some very good money.

in all fact and reality an atheist is a follower of the lowest sort... not having a freewill nor seemingly having a mind of their own.

I think when we interpret this statement, we must also consider the source.

there's nothing new under the sun fellas... you want to be a real dissident? get down with Jesus!

I don't think dissidence is necessarily the main motivation behind atheism. It possibly is the main motivation when the attitudes of some of them towards Christians are concerned, but not in general.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

reply to post by DaRAGE

what exactly is an atheist? is it something you self proclaim oneself as because all laws in the western world (Christendom) are based on Gods laws?

Answered above.

atheist may like living in a barbaric Islamic nation possibly?

I would much rather live in a relatively secular country like my own or a Scandinavian country.

I'm aggressive yes I admit it... I hate seeing innocent people who seem to love the world and also a certain group of individuals who have helped me dearly being humiliated and beaten to a pulp.

Where exactly are theists being humiliated and being beaten to a pulp? I think you have it the wrong way around. Atheism has historically been vilified and in many parts of the world it still is.

rather myself I just stomp trolls with my foot in their face

I can beat pulp too... and I don't do it nicely or intellectually

You need to look two words up in the dictionary. Hubris. And Humility.

sometimes you see those self proclaimed atheist at McDonald's with a chicken bone shoved thru their nose... you know like a caveperson standing there in line while their parents are buying them a cheeseburger, and their parents are seemingly trying to avoid their kids acting out because their kid can't not look cool just standing there in line so they start humming or something.

Umm how did you know they were atheist?

happened to see it yesterday at Five Guys... he was cool though I'd have to admit that, though he had one of those bull things thru his nose, it gave me a kick because in my time a Metal up your Arse Metallica shirt and long arse hair did the trick just fine... every generation has to be that much more shocking I suppose?

Where are you from? That's not being shocking.
Try coming to my city.

thank you I rest my case... God is the higher power, unfortunately Biologist, Physicist and Astronomers (which I believe astronomers should be excluded from this poll) have a problem with believing any other truth but their own... Makes perfect sense, just look at that chump Richard Dawkins... he's a sissy! imo

That doesn't even make any sense. How does NOT believing in something that is not your own make on a sissy or a chump? It makes one the opposite.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

What I have always wondered is why do your Gods need revelations, why all the threats of "belive and worship me or ELSE".
Maybe someone can answer this without hate or ridicule in a common sense manner........................or not.

you will have to ask the good Christians about that... here I can't help you, you're not speaking my language.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

All I can say is that they reap what they sow. But what is the religion of the Atheist? So far that I know, Technology is their God, and they want to abandon humanity to become a technological God.

Now they live however they want to live and die however they want to die but they will always be in a slave-like mentality. As well, they would love to have a materialistic God, and they want everyone to be under them.

As for me, I rather be a light being than some... being that is no longer human.

This is my opinion.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

the people who knock on your door believe in Love.

edit on 22-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

Oh they do, do they? Which is why my best friend, a gay man, was savagely beaten by those people strictly because he's gay. That's why those people kicked him out of church strictly because he's gay.

They most definitely do NOT believe in love.

Now, since it's rather obvious you can't bring anything logical into this thread based off your post history, I'm off.

prove it...

where they Muslim or something?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaborofLove

Atheists can be pretty religious about their beliefs... Fundamentalists in fact. I love to tell them that God doesn't believe in them either

What they don't know though, and what they will vehemently deny, is that they choose love everyday, meaning they choose God. They are only that nasty online, but really, I have yet to meet an atheist that is evil, as they can't choose that.... It would prove they believe in good and evil, which defeats the objective of their objecting.

God loves atheist I believe that totally... God loves everybody, even those which deny God and deny God to others.

he has a special place reserved for those who deny God using his word...

thanks for your input

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

amen...

If only the Atheists knew how much God loves them

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

he has a special place reserved for those who deny God using his word...

Can you please explain more about this place so we can see how really loving your god is?

Also it is extremely arrogant of you, to think you know gods will.

reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

"he has a special place reserved for those who deny God using his word.."

Yes, Amen brother. So totally loving.

edit on 22/4/12 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis

When discussing personal belief systems, both those based on faith and based on scientific theory, even the most polite and intelligent discussion will have something that someone somewhere will take offense to. How can it not? The majority of the arguements on one side or the other almost always involve taking what one person believes and telling them why you feel they should see it from your perspective. Though I know it certainly does happen, I don't think the majority of the time its ment to be intentionally offensive. But if I tell you I belive something that goes against the core of your own beliefs, the average individual is going to take offense be it intentional or not.
this is a big problem with atheist's and their scientific theory imo, they can not see past their own limited minority of superior intellectuals... Love on the other hand is quite universal, even a creature (a different species) can understand it, like feeding the deer and occasional bear in one of our (my country's National Parks)

Everyone should always stand for their beliefs, but in doing so one must be ready to not take offense when someone challenges your own beliefs. It may seem offensive at the time, but you must always realize that the individual making the statements is still learning themselves. We are all still learning about our existance together, and regardless of faith/belief one thing is for certain: we've only just scratched the surface of our understanding of this world.
I agree... life this is a two way street though, see how nasty it looks when someone comes around stirring up the pot? fortunately enough for me... mine has been preforged of stainless material.

It does bother me from time to time that it seems like civil debate is rapidly becoming a thing our past. Not just on religious discussion, but on any other issue as well. We have polorized ourselves to the point that many feel they cannot trust anyone anymore. To me, that is a very sad state of affairs. Just looking at religion alone, we can see how far we've pushed eachother away.
it bothers me... we have the Godless left and mostly Great Britain and Canada to thank for that. We're working on it though

During roman times there were public domains specifically dedicated to open discussion. Hundreds upon hundreds of different belief systems were discussed openly for all citizens to hear and form their own opinion. Today to have these same discussions, we must hide ourselves deep within conspiracy forums and when we do we then just argue and point the finger at eachother.
times they are a changin'

It is not us however that is broken, it is the system in place. We have a system that conditions us to immediately reject what isn't the norm. If we all dressed in tinfoil suits, walked on our hands, and had fireballs shooting out of our buttocks... the one that did not would be the one concidered "odd"
imo there is no system, only law... in a democratic republic the diplomacy and matters such as these are left in the public domain for the matters to be sorted amongst the populous. The internet is a very democratic place too with most sites (planets) having their base rules of conduct. (as basically in the real world)
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

"the public affair"

In order to break this cycle, we must first all accept that the norm isn't neccesarily always whats best.
imo in order to break this cycle, this ideology must be taught... it has taken hold so widely already there are only a few Pharaohs/Dictators left in the world.

edit on 22-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

amen...

God is not seperate from any of us, we are not sperate from each other. When we love ourselves, others, and the world we are sharing the love of god.

"I am He, as you are He; you are me, and we are all together." Lennon/McCartney

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by MrInquisitive

I use my own words not implanted beliefs...

Whoa! Did I just read that?

Sorry friend but that statement is simply untrue, and you'd be lying to yourself if you continued to believe such nonsense. Your religion is an "implanted belief" and was non-existant when you were born. It has since been "implanted" by the indoctrination of your parents and priests. You know this, everyone knows this.

Your mind—one of blind faith and conviction—has the perfect growing conditions for evasive species of thoughts, and thus the inherent ignorance and arrogance that follows. Please I beg of you, at least be honest to yourself.

edit on 22-4-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: skipped a whole word

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals? in meaning they love to attack the over 95% of the population which have a theistic belief system (which is usually based on respect and appreciation of life.)

is it a conspiracy here on ATS or is it just me...

maybe I could have put this in the rant section... then again atheist love to invade our turf and attack my brethren and sisters.

signed ...the mighty messenger!

Yeah...you're right, atheists are causing all the problems

By the way, don't you think it's ironic that you create a thread calling an entire group "vicious"...when you yourself are displaying a hilarious amount of hate? How very Christian of you

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

It was said with tongue in cheek! Trying wit there, obviously didn't work

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Isn't it interesting only Believers make outrages and extreme claims about Atheism.

Atheist's themselves know we are all individuals - - only connected by one qualifier: Lack of belief in god.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals? in meaning they love to attack the over 95% of the population which have a theistic belief system (which is usually based on respect and appreciation of life.)

is it a conspiracy here on ATS or is it just me...

maybe I could have put this in the rant section... then again atheist love to invade our turf and attack my brethren and sisters.

signed ...the mighty messenger!

Anyone ever realize that theists are some pretty vicious individuals? In meaning they love to attack the over 99% scientific consensus on evolution, a scientifically proven process (which is usually based on hard evidence). History has shown they torture and kill people in the name of their religion, while no atheistic religion (or non religion)has done anything close to that.

What an ignorant post. The only time I see atheists "attack" theists on this site is when they post blatantly false or dishonest information. It's called denying ignorance like the statement above which is a blatant attack on atheists based on false information. 95% of the world is NOT theist. Buddhism, non religious and atheists make up at the very least 25% of the world's population (being generous and not including "other religions" that do not involve believing in a god), not 5. Denying ignorance starts by not making posts like this.
edit on 22-4-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Also, I really need to know what sphere' harmony we are "deharmonizing". What does that mean? Sphere of ignorance? What sphere? SOMEBODY TELL ME!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Technology is their God, and they want to abandon humanity to become a technological God.

Nonsense. You might want to watch this video:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

Technology is their God, and they want to abandon humanity to become a technological God.

So says FreedomCommander by posting on an Internet forum through a computer...both TECHNOLOGY developed through SCIENCE. Bit ironic that you complain about technology in that way, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

an atheist surely isn't a higher power... I wish they would stop trying to make us believe they actually exist

atheist have not belief system, not one which I have heard them state in any of their churches.

they are bottom feeders... feasting off the language and establishment of society.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think the atheists here should realise something. By becoming visibly offended at what Sisyphus says, you're sending him the message that you think his opinion is important.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join