It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I agree, I might as well create a thread named "Theist, rustling the harmony of the jimmies" and give no answer to what I mean.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

an entire group of 2% to 3% of the minority on the planet...

dude if you want to attack national policy and different political structures you may want to head to a political forum.

this section is for countering Theism or finding "Conspiracies" in religion...

didn't you read the section titling?

maybe you did but you just don't "comprehend" it...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I am sorry dear... but you know, war is Hell! and somebody's gotta do it.

that kind of thing is not for my sister Liberty

least she choose it to be...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

no... Gollum and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her!

if you can't understand metaphor you may be in the wrong section you little demon

edit on 22-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals? in meaning they love to attack the over 95% of the population which have a theistic belief system (which is usually based on respect and appreciation of life.)

is it a conspiracy here on ATS or is it just me...

maybe I could have put this in the rant section... then again atheist love to invade our turf and attack my brethren and sisters.

signed ...the mighty messenger!

Dear Arrogance,

No I have not noticed or realized any such thing, I have however come across some vicious Christians time and time again through my life. Over 95% eh? Got any sources to back up that number or is it just your opinion of the few athiest on ATS. (which by the way is hardly a good representation of reality) I am curious how you figure theistic belief systems are based on respect and appreciation for life? Are you blocking out all the horrid things people have done to other human beings through the centuries all in the name of religion?

You say they like to invade your turf, what exactly is your turf? Are you talking ATS? If so then ATS is no more your turf than it is theirs. If you are talking the world, again, it isn't any more yours than it is theirs. Just because they have a different opinion than yours doesn't make you anymore right or wrong than they are. Through the years it has been the other way around and Christians and religion in general love to invade others turfs as well. They conquer and demand you believe what they say is in their book and tell you that you will go to hell if you don't. Religion has been shoved down many peoples' throats through time. That's hardly respectful or appreciation for life, it's more like respect and appreciation but only to those who believe the same as you do and don't voice any sort of opposition to you.

For the record, lest you think I am some atheist, I am not. I believe in God.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

You would give your thread a bit more credibility if you listed some concrete examples

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Two questions for you in order to kick off

1 What the hell is deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres, supposed to mean

2 If I an assuming correctly that you have a god - If your god told you to kill me, would you do it ? yes or no will do fine.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I was brought up in a religious house.I was one of those people that knocked on your door on a saturday morning. Most people I talked to were christian but had an apathetic attitude. They were christian in name only and never knew anything about the bible.Then the more I talked to people trying to convince they were wrong and my way was right something clicked in my head and I questioned what I was doing.
The more I researched my own religion and then the bible itself the more I realized it is all man made. It is just a way for man to explain how life got here. If god wrote the bible through man why would he make it so easily interpreted so many ways instead of making straight forward since he supposedly made us he would know how we would think. It just sounds like a mean trick being so cryptic.
Then I looked in gnosticism and how the bible is like spirituality for dummies and not made to be taken literally. Then I looked in evolution and then theistic evolution. I can see some ways evolution comes into play but not as the beginning of everything which lead me to be agnostic.
Nobody knows without a shadow of a doubt either way because there are too many unknowns and things not seen or perceived.

Now if you are white your god in your mind is white.If you are chinese your god is chinese and if you are black in your mind your god is black.So where you are born dictates how you perceive god

Some primitive tribes were more peaceful and loving than others...........cannibals and headhunters...
Some people are more spiritual than others and there will always will be.A majority of people live by basic needs and instincts that is why we have the wars

If christians lived by the code of the their bible they wouldn't go to war.Hitler was a catholic and remained one.Nazi party and the Vatican for example.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

it's all in the eye of the beholder...

Atheist shouldn't even be participating in this section, they don't believe in Gollum or Evil ones correct?

or do they and is it they just have doubt... possibly fear?

as a matter of fact I can smell it!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Atheism is by its very definition a DISBELIEF

Which means, on the flip side, that it's also a belief. For every idea, there is an opposite idea...and that idea is a belief held by whomever disbelieves the first idea.

And that disbelief is based on the FACT that no OBJECTIVE evidence suggests a creator exists.

Really?

The calculations of British mathematician Roger Penrose show that the probability of universe conducive to life occurring by chance is in 10 to the 10,123rd power. The phrase "extremely unlikely" is inadequate to describe this possibility.

Are you telling me this evidence is a bunch of crap?

The complexity of living systems could never evolve by chance—they had to be designed and created. A system that is irreducibly complex has precise components working together to perform the basic function of the system. (A mousetrap is a simple example.) If any part of that system were missing, the system would cease to function. Gradual additions could not account for the origin of such a system. It would have to come together fully formed and integrated. Many living systems exhibit this (vision, blood-clotting, etc.). When you look at a watch, you assume there was a watchmaker. A watch is too complex to "happen" by chance. Yet such living systems are almost infinitely more complex than a watch. They could not be random—they simply had to be designed and created.

Or maybe this is a bunch of bull. Or how about this:

No mutation that increases genetic information has ever been discovered. Mutations which increase genetic information would be the raw material necessary for evolution. To get from "amoeba" to "man" would require a massive net increase in information. There are many examples of supposed evolution given by proponents. Variation within a species (finch beak, for example), bacteria which acquire antibiotic resistance, people born with an extra chromosome, etc. However, none of the examples demonstrate the development of new information. Instead, they demonstrate either preprogrammed variation, multiple copies of existing information, or even loss of information (natural selection and adaptation involve loss of information). The total lack of any such evidence refutes evolutionary theory.

Yeah. Keep bleating about lack of evidence. Circumstantial evidence can be used in court, and even accepted as an argument, but it's not applicable here?

while scientists everywhere are beginning to accept a divine intelligence

That's complete and utter nonsense.

Scientists who believed in God: Nicholas Copernicus (1473-1543), Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1627), Johannes Kepler (1571-1630), Galileo Galilei (1564-1642), Isaac Newton (1642-1727), Max Planck (1858-1947), and Albert Einstein (1879-1955).

Scientists Accepting God

What evidence???

The evidence I just gave you.

Science and religion are the same. Science is just too young to understand it.

edit on CSundaypm444438f38America/Chicago22 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Atheist shouldn't even be participating in this section, they don't believe in Gollum or Evil ones correct?

So if atheism isn't part of this section, why did you create an entire thread??? Trolling much?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

while scientists everywhere are beginning to accept a divine intelligence.

Care to enlighten us as to what scientists, where and evidence of them saying he or she has accepted a divine intelligence ? And please don't embarrass yourself with Einstein.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

most will probably never understand my belief structure

I'm not sure I even understand your posting structure :-)

from your OP:

...anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals?

Vicious? How so?

real examples please - or we'll have to say you're just trolling

and, thank you - in advance

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

This section is conspiracies in religion isn't it? Are you saying that this particular board is off limits to anyone unless you believe in religion? LMAO There are no rules that say you have to be religious, christian or believe in some sort of god in order to post on this forum.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Of course we don't if you don't tell us what they are. So far all we know is that you believe atheists are "deharmonizing spheres". You still haven't told us what those spheres are though!

Go on...

that's what is so wonderful about a metaphor... it can be anything you want it to be, one only needs a majority of their peers to help agree upon such a thing or in its meaning.

a sphere is round... a sphere could be a world... it could be a human head or an eye... I guess it could be the icons which represent the topic sections on ats too? the universe must be a sphere! the shape of it has to be round...

circles brother, circles.

you "surf" much?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Which means, on the flip side, that it's also a belief. For every idea, there is an opposite idea...and that idea is a belief held by whomever disbelieves the first idea.

No...just like "starving" isn't the same as "not hungry" on the flip side

The calculations of British mathematician Roger Penrose show that the probability of universe conducive to life occurring by chance is in 10 to the 10,123rd power. The phrase "extremely unlikely" is inadequate to describe this possibility.

That's not objective evidence against it. We dont' even know how it all started in the first place. It's a hypothesis

The complexity of living systems could never evolve by chance

And scientists aren't saying it evolved "by chance"...that's just something creationist websites repeat over and over again. I guess that's where you got your quotes from

No mutation that increases genetic information has ever been discovered. Mutations which increase genetic information would be the raw material necessary for evolution. To get from "amoeba" to "man" would require a massive net increase in information.

Whoever said that (I can't know, you don't source your information) doesn't know much about how DNA works.

Variation within a species (finch beak, for example), bacteria which acquire antibiotic resistance, people born with an extra chromosome, etc. However, none of the examples demonstrate the development of new information. Instead, they demonstrate either preprogrammed variation, multiple copies of existing information, or even loss of information (natural selection and adaptation involve loss of information). The total lack of any such evidence refutes evolutionary theory.

And on with that drivel

What do they consider "new information"? And how does it relate to DNA? DNA actually fully backs up the theory of evolution as we can now trace ancestors much more accurately...

Yeah. Keep bleating about lack of evidence. Circumstantial evidence can be used in court, and even accepted as an argument, but it's not applicable here?

No, it's not applicable here...mostly because subjective or circumstantial evidence isn't permitted in science. Why not? Because we don't believe in unicorns until someone presents hard facts and objective evidence.

Scientists who believed in God: Nicholas Copernicus (1473-1543), Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1627), Johannes Kepler (1571-1630), Galileo Galilei (1564-1642), Isaac Newton (1642-1727), Max Planck (1858-1947), and Albert Einstein (1879-1955).

Einstein didn't believe in a personal god...and all the others lived in times where not believing or openly saying so would get you tortured...read up on Galilei.

As for Atheist scientists who openly don't believe in a personal god or gods:

Feynman, Oppenheimer, Einstein, Alfred Nobel, ...

The list is VERY VERY long...

And the trend is growing stronger...the amount of creationist scientists is TINY, even smaller in earth & life sciences...so fields that actually study the reality of nature.

The evidence I just gave you.

Science and religion are the same. Science is just too young to understand it.

You gave ZERO objective evidence

As for science and religion being the same...no! Science makes claims and tests them rationally through collecting objective evidence and peer reviews. Religion has a preconceived conclusion and no matter what the evidence tells them, they won't change the conclusion. One is logical/rational (science), the other based on blind believe (religion).

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

dear ghost...

I have not met any vicious Christians.

thank you for your opening positioning...

goodbye...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Reckless thinking leads to brash decision-making. We don't want members of society making decisions for stupid reasons--especially if they are in a position of power. I think that's the main reason atheists participate in discussions on religion.

Yes we have doubt. As any rational person should doubt any belief they hold. Here's a little argument that should inject you with a healthy dose of doubt: Even if god himself came down to you and revealed his existence, there would be no way for you to tell whether it was a real god or just something else that has the capacity to trick humans into believing it is a god. Surely if we are to entertain the notion that gods exist, we can just as easily entertain the notion that there are some kind of supernatural tricksters that could convince us that they gods, even though they aren't. The reason religion requires faith, is because you just kind of have to take their word for it. They could never actually prove that they are gods as you could never tell the difference between the real thing, and some kind of trick.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by MaMaa

dear ghost...

I have not met any vicious Christians.

thank you for your opening positioning...

goodbye...

But I guess it's hard to see reality when your entire mind is like this:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I present to you... your avatar.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join