It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
reply to post by Starchild23

Show me one thing, just one to prove God is real. The bible tells all these stories about Jesus being born from a virgin, Noah building an ark to save all animals on earth, Moses parting the red sea. All these crazy far fetched stories are so ridiculous. the problem with the Bible is it was written in an era where stories and legends were more believable. People were very uneducated and not much was known about the realities around them. Hell they still thought the world was flat. These crazy stories were believable back then because they knew no better.

In today's age we all know virgins can't have kids. We all know you can't build a boat big enough to harbor all life on earth. We all know no one alive today or back then possess the technology or power to part an entire sea.

Heck where is Noah's boat for christ sake? I mean we can find a tiny little sub used in the civil war under the ocean but we can't find a boat the size of small ship on land. COME ON!!!!

edit on 21-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

Some people wrote their description off something they had experianced. There are other religons than Christianety like Budhism and Hinduism and new age. Just because much is probably not true in the religons do not mean there is not a core that is true. All religons will probably be false since they will not be 100% true. Just because you say all religons are false do not mean god(or whatever we call the other side) do not exists. Just because you have not found proof do not mean others haven't found something/undestood something.

You can look into near death experiances or kundalini syndrome. en.wikipedia.org...

The Christians can be a pain in their duality approach that they only look at few persons that have awoken in history and desregard all hindus, buddhist, native americans who have made the same journey. Why read one description when you can read many?

But you are free to choose you path like we all are.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

like a chump... yeah, like a...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The OP is unreasonably associating extremist Atheists (a minority) with moderate Atheists (the majority). Extremists of any belief system (or lack of one) are a guilty of "deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres" as you put it. It's a misconception that Atheism itself is a form of Extremism and threads like these do nothing but encourage this false notion.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
"Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres"....hmmmmm.....hmmmmm....well, if that's all it takes to deharmonize the spheres, then I guess God really isn't that great, and evil wins. I think it was about ten years ago when Judge Moore cried upon removal of his 10 Commandments stone monument from the courthouse in Alabama, as if the removal was going to send God packing. Stuff like this reminds me of the game, Peek-a-boo, where the infant assumes the adult goes away when hands cover the face.

I feel sorry for the person whose faith in God is at a level where "God goes away" so easily. Yes, I understand the "power of symbols", but, really, there is no strong faith going on here.

exminister.org is a great place to start to end this duel between religious and non-religious. I highly recommend it.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
no problem

In 2009, the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press polled members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science on belief in a higher power. The study found that 51 percent of members polled expressed such a faith, compared to 95 percent of the American public. Additionally, the National Academy of Science charted belief in God as low as 5.5 percent among biologists and 7.5 percent among physicist and astronomers in a 1998 study

ok lets break this down shall we and take a closer look...

"In 2009, the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press polled members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science on belief in a higher power. The study found that 51 percent of members polled expressed such a faith"

thank you I rest my case... God is the higher power, unfortunately Biologist, Physicist and Astronomers (which I believe astronomers should be excluded from this poll) have a problem with believing any other truth but their own... Makes perfect sense, just look at that chump Richard Dawkins... he's a sissy! imo

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I believe a picture may be worth a thousand words.

What else can I say. Except maybe that morality doesn't come from a book and that if a moral person were to stop believing in gods tomorrow would that in and of itself really change them into an immoral person?

No it would not.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

atheist are cool... it is something you can self proclaim yourself as.

everybody wants to be different, even though everyone is already special imo...

sometimes you see those self proclaimed atheist at McDonald's with a chicken bone shoved thru their nose... you know like a caveperson standing there in line while their parents are buying them a cheeseburger, and their parents are seemingly trying to avoid their kids acting out because their kid can't not look cool just standing there in line so they start humming or something.

happened to see it yesterday at Five Guys... he was cool though I'd have to admit that, though he had one of those bull things thru his nose, it gave me a kick because in my time a Metal up your Arse Metallica shirt and long arse hair did the trick just fine... every generation has to be that much more shocking I suppose?

edit on 22-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

wow is that a self portrait?

you are missing that chicken bone shoved thru your nose imo

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Yeah they act like they know everything.

I agree... but they can start by learning to wipe their arse!

I was behind one in line while I was getting a cheeseburger and boardwalk fires yesterday at lunch time.

it changed my whole experience at that joint...
edit on 22-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

wow I've heard all this so much before I don't even have to read your full post... thanks for your time though.

I use my own words not implanted beliefs...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals? in meaning they love to attack the over 95% of the population which have a theistic belief system (which is usually based on respect and appreciation of life.)
signed ...the mighty messenger!

Actually my sister is an atheist and she respects all other peoples religious beleifs as long as they don't try to convert her. She sick of people trying to convert her LOL.

She had trouble with an ex-boyfriend who was alright with her atheist beliefs until about 4 years into the relationship where he started arguing with her about her soul and going to hell, and going to church, and his mexican ways started coming out like "get me a drink woman, your place is in the kitchen, make me dinner, wash my clothes"
Needless to say he got dumped.

Can I just say we were both brought up catholics and in catholic schools, and I witnessed my friend taking his girlfriend to some baby's baptism before. It was her first experience at a church. When it was over and asked how her first church experience was she said "OH MY GOD, It's a CULT!" and with people all singing to songs and saying words at different specific times,when the preacher says something, and with all the amens, and lord be with you's. HAHAHAH. We all had a good chuckle at that.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraDOSEcious

anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals? in meaning they love to attack the over 95% of the population which have a theistic belief system (which is usually based on respect and appreciation of life.)

is it a conspiracy here on ATS or is it just me...

First of all, that 95% stat is HIGHLY variable by location. The west will bring in a considerably lower percentage. Anyway, organized religion has rarely (in practice) resulted in greater peace and harmony in (western/near eastern) society, especially considering the long term dynamics between societies. Appreciation of life? Don't get me started.

maybe I could have put this in the rant section... then again atheist love to invade our turf and attack my brethren and sisters.

Oh, so now the theists are the victims?! LOL!

BTW... I've never heard of a war declared BY atheists against ANYONE. How vicious!!!!!

This seems like a troll, I didn't think people still didn't understand all of this by now.....?

edit on 22-4-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: (no reason given)

look mommy a troll! oh no what do I do?

"mammy says" tell the troll you don't believe in trolls...

rather myself I just stomp trolls with my foot in their face

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CptSpaulding666

Well that was pretty agressive in itself wouldn't you say? And, just remind me, when was the last time an Atheist blew something up, went on a crusade or started a war for that matter? And creationism? Totally laughable and utterly ridiculous. I say each to their own but don't hurt anybody or try and force your beliefs on anyone else in the process. You, my friend, are small minded and an imbecile! Rant complete

I'm aggressive yes I admit it... I hate seeing innocent people who seem to love the world and also a certain group of individuals who have helped me dearly being humiliated and beaten to a pulp.

I can beat pulp too... and I don't do it nicely or intellectually

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

what exactly is an atheist? is it something you self proclaim oneself as because all laws in the western world (Christendom) are based on Gods laws?

atheist may like living in a barbaric Islamic nation possibly?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
To each his own,

I'm a Christian but you don't see me shoving the bible down an athiests throat and I don't see athiests trying to shoot down whom I consider my god. However when they do I tend to ignore him because it's already an ignorant arguement if another person goes out of their way to try and change another persons belief system. Just live and let live it isn't that big of a deal..

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
My only real complaint with the atheists on ATS, is that they like to claim a monopoly on logic, when a large number of them seem to have a distressingly poor understanding of what the word actually means.

Here's a couple of hints, guys.

a] It doesn't involve calling people names when you disagree with them, but don't have the intelligence to be able to come up with a genuinely rational argument. (Or when you're just plain wrong, but don't want to admit it)

b] It doesn't involve making use of the "citation needed," or appeal to authority trolls, when again, you disagree with someone, but said disagreement isn't logically defensible, so you can't come up with a sound argument to defend it.

c] It doesn't involve an argument which exclusively or primarily consists of negative assertions. As an example of this, the 9/11 skeptics generally just stick to telling people who disagree with the official account, that their ideas are BS, rather than attempting to offer anything original of their own, or offering any explanation of why said official story has so many holes and inconsistent elements.

This forum deserves a better class of atheist. I hope you're willing to give it to them.

edit on 22-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Yet instead i see people like YOU attacking atheists.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Do you have an example of this mistreatment??
.... simply because they know this is it

That's quite a proclamation in and of itself. Almost go so far as saying it's a leap of faith.
These are very exciting times in the fields of science when even Einstein is pretty much wrong now. I take a very dim outlook on anyone who claims to know anything these days.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

boohoo

actually guys you don't have to answer my question... the avoidance is understandable.

I will define to you what an atheist is...

an atheist is a minority of the smartest individuals on the planet in which a majority of their minority have either a chicken bone or a bull ring thru their nose so they may be led around repeating other peoples babble... Dawkins is the leader of the atheist... and again a majority of this minority are wanna be preachers of some sort and they have an unquenchable urge to head over to theistic forums and attack a majority of peaceful loving and caring individuals.

in all fact and reality an atheist is a follower of the lowest sort... not having a freewill nor seemingly having a mind of their own. It must be like a parent watching their kid grow up and thinking to themselves that they thought the same thing at one point... (that they are specialer than everybody else and their self proclaimed atheism is some kind of original idea.)

there's nothing new under the sun fellas... you want to be a real dissident? get down with Jesus!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Believer101

hypocrite? hell try "not a sissy foot"

cry all you guys want... I don't make a good christian and I don't make a good atheist either...

I just like to fight hypocrites... nothing wrong with that since I'm a chimp right?

So, you fight hypocrites with hypocrisy? Wow...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join