It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sincere Thank You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Somebody has been moving threads. This time, it's a good thing.

Recently I have lodged several complaints about a subject matter that some mods deem to be against the T&Cs, and since it is a "grey" area, we default to the mod's decisions. I was told that it was under review, and so having stated my position I let the subject rest.

Today I was scanning my "favorite" forums, and noticed that 3 more threads had been moved into another forum, ones that I saw before, and given the title, knew they wouldn't last long, so I didn't bother to read or comment. They all deal with "Human Nature." Hmm, I thought, what is this?

Being the curious individual I am, I clicked on each thread and read the OP of each. Totaling the replies of each of the four threads, I found that 302 people had replied. Averaging, it worked out to 75.5 comments per thread. One was a very constructively created OP, from 10 hours ago, already had people saying they will be back to post further thoughts (working, fishing, etc.). I haven't commented on any of them yet, because I felt the necessity to come back here and post a heartfelt "Thank You" to the staff of ATS for a job well done.

I've been careful about explaining the whole scenario, but if you are Really curious, search Really carefully on AboveTopSecret, and go read the last post I made on the thread with 91 replies. I'm not supposed to post information from there in other threads, so I didn't.

I have faith in my peers. Hope this works out.
edit on 4/20/12 by Druid42 because: wrong number

edit on 4/20/12 by Druid42 because: Note to self: Preview is my friend.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh,mmm.
Haven't been there in awhile,Druid.
I thought they just went. To the trash bin.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

They used to.

Anything on the topic of "human nature" was considered by the T&Cs to be ______ and ______. However, on a site that espouses family values, and is searched on google by the whole world, yeah, there is a desire and motive to "keep it clean".

My gripe was based on the fact that we talk about every subject, literally rounded out to include cooking and video games. ATS is a vast resource of information. That's what it's become.

But not "human nature". That's taboo, because topical drift is instant and such conversations are going to wind up violating all sorts of T&Cs.

That was the mindset from earlier today.

Seeing just a few threads moved instead of being deleted, makes me real proud of the staff. We as members, have but a few moments of trust going on, so please remember to abide by the T&Cs. and reply within the OP.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Nice to see you have " come to an understanding" as I have .
Which technique did they use on you?
Mine was fairly painless,but the psychological part will haunt me for years.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

They used "brute force" on me, as I am immune to most every "psi-attack". I had to give in, a kingdom unconquerable, high gates and strict rules.

But it works, kinda, for now.

It's not something I would risk my membership over, and blatantly violate the T&Cs. It's not worth that.

I think the fears will subside given the parameters involved. Let it blend in easy, and become as normal as posting in BTS.

We can only hope.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Dude,be real here.
I have pushed the envelope many times and I have manage to stay here by reasons unknown to me.
Nothing wrong with that.
Taking a break is a good thing.
I tried it,ventured out into the world of conspiracy theorists and the like.
And what happened?
I came back here.
There is a dark side to many things,but also a light side.
The choice is yours.
To be honest,if it bothers you so much,leave it behind.
Your health and mental well being is way more important than this or any other site.
Remember Bulla?
Such stories I could tell you of the trials and tribulations of that journey.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Uhm, I was being lighthearted. Nothing serious. Sorry. All is well in Druidland.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Sorry,man.
I'm a little edgy these days.
My therapy requires me to post a funny picture.
I didn't do it before that post.

top topics

join