It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the multiple Christ heresy / myth, now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

not really sure,good question though! probably arose around the same time. the romans said that the smartest thinkers outside of greece were the druids,and their thoughts and beliefs were similar to the greeks.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

apropos smartest thinkers, i saw a encyclopedia, cannot remember which one exactly, where it said intelligence = angel. the interpretation of intelligent was angel, weird, isn't it ?
so, every idea you have is an input by interdimensional non-humans ?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
All concepts Christians hold dear were co-opted from previous religious beliefs and practices. What does catholic mean? Universal. I was raised as a Christian, and still consider myself one. It was rather painful at first learning about all this, particularly Mithras, but it has helped (and still does) with my spiritual growth. All I know is God is good, and man is corrupt. ALL which man has touched has been corrupted to some extent.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Talking about false Christ, if he did exist, the one that most bow down to IS a false Christ. Jesus was not European.

edit on 17-4-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

It's been postulated the Druids were in fact, Jews. Old Irish: drui Old Celt: dru, O. Fr. juif
Egypt: Gypsy; Gypcian, M.E. dialectal form of Egypcien "Egyptian (Arabic: Misr, miser, misery)
To gyp someone; to welsh on a bet, see Welsh. Roman coins found in UK
(Etymology Online)

I personally feel the Jews were always nomadic, migrating across the globe fated to forever infiltrate or occupy other lands and nations, constantly dividing and conquering, by means of usury and political subversion. The proverbial serpent wrapped around the Earth, tail-in-mouth.

edit on 17-4-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by DuecesxGeneral

Is the LORD not your mother and father?

What or who is God to you?

I think you're lacking in fundamental understanding of the character of God.

Lessie that's a good question, deserving of a good answer... My Goddess is Amaterasu.. she is that which created my world, not some recycled cult from ancient Rome that gained some steam around 36 CE.....

There is one line from the bible I try to point out whenever I can, the translation is different in every version but it's basically "I am a jealous God, worship no other besides me" well hmm... there was a Roman myth about a God that said those same words, his name was Mars (Ares in Greek) and I am sure if you go back further you can find him/her in Egypt, Mesopotamia, India (Hindu, Epic of Gilgamesh is awesome reading on the "flood" some 4000 years PRIOR to Noah.) as well as a lot of other sects/cults etc.

There is a school of thought, I happen to espouse it, that states that the early Christians were in fact an offshoot of an obscure cult of Mars that was thought to be eradicated by the Empire early on.

something to think about as you push Jesus Christ on everyone.....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I've thought of concepts similar to this before,

Loving, Godly, Positive thoughts have their roots with the Father, Son, Holy Ghost, and His messengers (angels)...

Neutral or worldly thoughts have roots within Self and Ego,

And evil, dark thoughts have origins in carnal self, prideful ego, and malevolent spiritual entities,

Interesting to think about....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Jesus Himself told us many, many false prophets and false Christs will arise, some will even call themselves Christ.

Very clever of him. Seems to work a treat with believers.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Assuming his appearance remained unchanged post-resurrection

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

too much blood of christ last nite?!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Uh yeah. If he did actualy exist why would he change his appearance and suddenly become European?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Glorified body,

What you try to pass off as knowledge and wisdom,

Is in fact willful ignorance to real knowledge and wisdom,

1 Corinthians 3:18-20 "Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. "

Amen

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Loving, Godly, Positive thoughts have their roots with the Father, Son, Holy Ghost, and His messengers (angels)...

no offense, but this is propaganda. like "our beloved and always right leader kim yong il"...

edit on 17-4-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
go to youtube.
type molecular gastronomy.
look for the forty minute video.
it starts with a teacher gelatin and water.
he places it in a microwave.
he removes it.
he stirs it.
there are pictures towards the end of instant creations made by GOD.
it is the divine manna.
listen to the details of the pictures.
my brain was ripped out completely for this.
i am your covenant.
KECK is BEHEMOTH.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Please refrain from insulting me and my faith by comparing the LORD of the Universe with a tyrant piece of scum, thank you....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

i believe the word angel simply means messenger.it wasnt till the reniassance when all the artists started adding wings to them like egyptian and sumarian artwork. all the details about angels in the bible has them with fire and smoke and terrible noise! no wings mentioned in the bible! (im sure the christians will get on me about this!
)
read the story of lot in the bible,no wings! just glowing white.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KennyDurazo

You're not creating a damn thing,

You're manipulating matter that's already been created for you,

Time to pop that ego balloon you've inflated so much.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

excellent reply,you are the kind of christian i could sit down and chat with! one god, many names!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

i said "no offense", so no insult intended, but if you call god "father", what about your personal father ? everybody has a mother and a father. have you got 2 fathers ?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

i love etymology! cool post!
there is a really good documentary about the hebrews by james cameron(titanic) called exodus decoded.
check it out it is really good.
there is also a trio of books called the hiram key that discusses this along with the oragins of freemasonary from egypt. pretty cool . hope you like!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join