It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the multiple Christ heresy / myth, now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Yes I have two fathers.

My biological earth father,

And our Father, which art in Heaven.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

glo·ri·fied/ˈglôrəˌfīd/
Adjective (esp. of something or someone ordinary or unexceptional) Represented in such a way as to appear more elevated or special.

So being European makes you special? Hey, I'm of European descent and I'm not better than anybody else because of how I look. That is where I believe religion faulters in it's logic. And to me, statements like that takes away all of religion's credibility.

I'm agnostic. Which means I'm not too sure on the authenticity of god or gods. But I do tend to lean towards that there is no god or gods. If there is a god he doesn't give a hoot about any of us. Yes, that means you too. If he did actualy care you wouldn't have men and women that raped toddlers. People being tortured. Human trafiking. All I have seen your god do is kill all first borns because of the mistake of one man. Push a man to the brink of assassinating his own son. Killing the worlds population because they wanted to think for themselves. If there is a god I will not in anyway worship a cruel and spitful entity. I would rather burn in hell.
edit on 17-4-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

all the details about angels in the bible has them with fire and smoke and terrible noise!

reminds me of jinns, who were created from smokeless fire according to the koran. in islam angels are made from light and jinns from fire. in christianity both angel and demons are made of the same "material". i wonder, why there are these differences.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
friend,you are obviously getting beat up here by posting this thread. i'm not here to put you down,but to discuss.
your using scripture to back up your claims,and that is the worst thing you can do on this site. there are many many clever folks here that can debunk any bible passage! i do study the teachings of the christ even though i'm not christian.
now i ask you a serious question.
unless your well versed in ancient hebrew,aramaic ancient greek,or latin,or even olde english,or german.
what makes you think that your bible has anything close to the original words written down?!
so many translations thru so many languages,thru so much time! english isn't even a real language! its a juxtapose of many different tongues.
the torah cannot be changed from not even a pen stroke! aleistar crowleys book of the law is the same.
but the new testament has many different versions that origionaly were written by scribes that couldn't even read! they just copied!!! imagine all the mistakes they made. 'thou shall not allow a poisoner to live" turned into "thou shall not allow a witch to live". then came the inquisition were holier than thou 'christians' murdered over a million people for no good reason!
i respect your faith,but i dont follow it.ive done my research,perhaps you can read other material other than the bible to learn. this is why you get these kind of replies

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

And our Father, which art in Heaven.

is there a mother in heaven, too ? sounds patriarchal to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

its always nice to find a person that is knowlgeable about something like the jinn!(i love geiny!!!
)
sir wallice budge penned a book on niddle eastern demons,i thik it was called dust devils.
not sure havent read it for many years,but it goes into great detail about the jinn.
did you know the demon who possesed reagan in the movie the exorcist was a jinn. pazzuzu,demon of the hot winds!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Ha, getting beat up?

I have the mighty armor of God on, I am grounded in a foundation of rock.

There is no argument I haven't heard, there is no myth I haven't dispelled,

I'm just trying to get everyone else up to speed with me and the rest of Christs Body

So be it then

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I might add,

I find it quite ironic that you seem to have no qualms believing in mythological and mystical beings and pixies,

But when it comes down to believing in the Real Deal, the Creator of all such things (be them real spiritual entities, demons, or pixies your mind has conjured up) you completely and utterly deny Him as fairytale.

I also find it ironic that you gloat about how you are so knowledgeable and interested in word etymology, yet you lack the ability to correctly spell, capitalize, or punctuate any of your posts, and you continually embrace false etymology and myths over real history and linguistic lessons I've tried teaching you....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I have no patience for ignorance right now and I won't tolerate ignorance spreading in my thread.

Sounds like that wrathful God of the OT...no patience, no tolerance.
Just sayin'...
you started a thread to say that you are absolutely correct and everyone else needs to just zip it. Wow.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

i ask myself, how an assyrian and babylonian demon spooks in north america

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I am a sinful human, my patience and tolerance are much lower than His Majestys.

And no, I didn't start a thread for that reason.

I started a thread to dispel a common myth that I see being tossed around ATS frequently as fact, when it has no basis in factual reality.

Deny ignorance.

Amen

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

These celestial beings your speaking of are not of our realm. They operate on a different frequency (vibration) than ours, and there's a veil between our realm and theirs, which is the reason you and I can't see them, under normal circumstances (Though when God so wills it, he can grant us 'spiritual goggles', or the beings can manifest to certain people at differnt times and places, according to His will and what He allows to happen)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have not seen such a bitter and angry "christian" since my days in the church.

On Topic:
First. You surely realize that from the heathen perspective, using the bible to prove the bible is no more than circular reasoning. So you can quote from it all day long, and it means little to those who are "condemned already".

Second. Your link proves little, considering it is basically comparing embellishments between mythologies. And the author leaves out those similarities that are inconvenient to the christian perspective. Such as Semiramis for one.

Third. Just because you or I might take bits and pieces of many religions, and embellish or pervert them almost beyond recognition to create a new religion, doesn't mean those bits and pieces didn't come from the religions we started with.

Your arguments are falling on deaf ears my friend. If you have learned anything from Christ at all, it should have been to speak to people the way he did. He spoke to their hearts, not their minds. And he spoke from genuine compassion and passion, not from anger and spite.

If you're going to follow his teachings, you also need to follow his example. No offense intended whatsoever. Just my subjective observations.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I started a thread to dispel a common myth that I see being tossed around ATS frequently as fact, when it has no basis in factual reality.

Many people believe that the story/idea of Christ is the common myth that needs to be dispelled, and as it is tossed around on ATS frequently as fact but has no basis in factual reality, those who would deny ignorance hope to point that out to those who are not aware of it (or refuse to buy into it).

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

i still think your cute!
when proper grammar becomes mandatory on this site,perhaps i will follow suit!
as for the fairy tales ,well i'll leave them to you! i believe in the power of the energy of life,and the cosmos. my god is quantum physics and i enjoy mythology for the stories to try to explain for what was really happening.your god myth has been floating around for thousands of years before you god was even here! have you heard of the rig veda? the oldest written religious text in the world!!!? were was your god then!??? its even said that jesus went to india to learn! were was his god then?!!! he had to go to another belief to learn???
your sinking your self friend. your so closed minded that your blind. yahwah was a hebrew storm god! jesus (yehoshua) was a very popular name in his time.whos the resl jesus?
explain to me the name of barabbas. the other guy crucified with jesus.
his name means "son of the father",or "jesus son of the father"!!! explain to me this oddity my expert christian sage!
i'll wait for an answer,if you can give me one!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Which is where I step in and say uh, no.

You are twisting reality to suit your own beliefs that are not grounded in reality,

I must not allow denial of Christ to be proclaimed as truth, it is blasphemy in every sense of the word

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

You can continue babbling on, I have no more desire to argue your individual arguments, you are obviously way too caught up in the world and lies to believe in anything even resembling truth,

everything you say in every one of your posts is deception and false, I've yet to see you give any real facts about anything, just misspelled explanations of concepts you don't fully comprehend.

It's like trying to explain radiopharmacology or nuclear physics or rocket science to a kindergartener

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

ha ha ha! i hears they used the subliminal sound of bees in the background to creep you out,cause humans have an inbred fear of bees!!! it was based on a true story appearently! i liked stigmata better!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

im sorry i forgot that logic,reason and truth has no part in your faith. i forgot that there is only one history book --- the bible. all other books should be burned!
well i'll leave you with a quote from one of my favorite slayer songs:
'learn the sacred words of praise hell satan"!
you are of the devil sir,and you would make a good crusader if the next inquisition happens.perhaps you can practice 'swimming the witch', or get handy with thumbscrews,or the rack! i hate your damned make believe god,and i hope people like you can finally see the light of reason and stop trying to force your beliefs on people that don't want them.if you think my info is wrong,proove it to me.and if my grammar is the only comeback you have,ha! thats pretty weak! you better go and pray to your false idol god,cause i'm gonna use my magick to summon up the antichrist my self!!! better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ha ha ha

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Okay folks, this website is about denying ignorance, so it's about time we dispel this heretical myth once and for all.

Myth, you say?
There are at least four persons bearing the name Jesus, who lived in the time period, and area. They were Jesus ben Phiabi, Jesus ben Sec, Jesus ben Damneus and Jesus ben Gamaliel.
Even Saint Paul refers to a person calling him as "another Jesus". (2 Corinthians 11, 4) This is not "myth," it is "recorded history".
What to know which book the myth is? I think you already know.....

The principal sources of information regarding Jesus are the Bible's four canonical gospels, whose authorship is in question. The horrible truth is, the New Testament and Christianity was created by the Calpurnius Piso Family of Rome. It is a fictional story used by the Piso's to take over Rome, which they eventually did after 136 c.e. They also forced the Jews to insert into their religious books many of Piso's own works to create prophecies for the coming of his fictional character, Jesus. This is all detailed in a book, "The True Authorship of the New Testament", (1979) by Ablard Reuchlin. The book details that the New Testament was written by Arius Calpurnius Piso and his three sons, Julius, Fabius Justus, and Proculus with additional help from Piso's granddaughter's husband, Pliny the Younger. And, that Arius Calpurnius Piso wrote under the aliases names Flavius Josephus, Plutarch, and Manet, and possibly a few others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join