It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C is Above Top Secret: We all have a MAJOR genetic disease! Three grams of Vitamin C a day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Because nicotine addition is the hardest addiction to kick... harder than heroin or crack....

Fully 70% of smokers report wanting to quit, and 46% attempt to quit each year. Only 5% to 7% of them are abstinent from smoking for an entire year after quitting. Several factors appear to affect rates of abstinence in different groups. Women have less success with quitting smoking and higher rates of relapse. Patients with higher levels of nicotine dependence (as evidenced by higher FTND scores) and those with a history of depression also have lower abstinence rates. African Americans and Chinese Americans have lower smoking cessation numbers than Euro-Americans. The primary care provider should consider referring patients in these groups to a more intensive smoking cessation program and adding nicotine replacement or bupropion (or both) to increase the likelihood of successful abstinence.

www.clevelandclinicmeded.com...

People living with mental illness have a very high rate of smoking. A study by The Journal of the American Medical Association reported that 44.3 percent of all cigarettes in America are consumed by individuals who live with mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders. This means that people living with mental illness are about twice as likely to smoke as other persons.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My personal story. I started taking Vitamin C "megadoses" (3 grams a day is far from a megadose though. I think primates in zoos are required to have a body-weight equivalent of 3,600 a day) after reading Linus Pauling's material and it made sense. Took it, and felt transformed within days. A week went by, two weeks, and I was raving to friends about it. As I studied it more, and found out how little the public is actually told (some of the data is common knowledge, like we should take a glass of orange juice to beat back scurvy) it was a wonderful addition to my life. Have taken it habitually for 17 years now and all is fine (every day, even when fasting, for 21 days once - patting self on back - I took it in powder form. Apparantly long-time users shouldn't miss a day or brusing occurs if I'm not mistaken, the body gets so used to it that withdrawing it creates a minor illness-shock) . And I guess I'm still raving about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Thanks. I know the smoking stuff is off-topic in some ways and on topic in others, but your post shared some good data. A good friend of mine who finally stopped smoking had to go cold-turkey, and he couldn't have done it any other way. He says beer is next, but not yet. Has been saying that for years.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I was being sarcastic. I thought everyone knew about vitimin C.

Maybe there are a few people who don't. Glad to see people here are on top of things though.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

huh..didn't know about the bruising ... that explains it...thanks, will stay on top of it from now on...

it's also important for beer drinkers to take extra vitamin B12, drinking robs the body of your B's, B's are great against depression.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
thanks Alice, i didnt bring up Smoking, it was brought up that a separate dose was recommended for smokers.. perhaps i can recommend it to my sibling if i ever hear the source to substantiate it.

anyways, my sibling is 1 year into Chemo and smokes everyday, even right after chemo. 2-3 packs a week for 20 yrs now.

also addicted to hydromorphone and oxycodone/contin.

why chemo and still smoke, right??

"i can't quit so the chemo balances the smoking out"

yeah right..

edit on 15-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

I was being sarcastic. I thought everyone knew about vitimin C.

Maybe there are a few people who don't. Glad to see people here are on top of things though.

Sadly I've met loads of younger people here in the USA who have no idea what Scurvy is, nor how important C is .... utterly amazing ! No wonder we are lagging behind other nations in science !

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

so sorry to hear about your sister ... I guess your only hope is to get her to mega dose C .... and maybe move onto nicotine patches instead.

If she won't do that she could try carving out pieces of her life where she gets used to not smoking.. i.e in bed, on the toilet, when eating, when cooking..etc.
edit on 15-4-2012 by AliceBlackman because: added last sentence

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
sibling signed up for the patches but uses them while smoking -and ended up in ER for rapid heart beat/ eurrythmia from too much nicotine -- its all about the high - and the drama/thrills of being in the ER and shot up with morphine - has been going on for the past few years - i wouldnt say its an addiction, but something more voluntarily sadist/masochistic, and lack of courtesy for anything else but one's high.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

holy #.... any chance of getting them into rehab ?

nicotine can kill......
edit on 15-4-2012 by AliceBlackman because: (no reason given)

Does she have a mental illness or is she just trying to end it already ?

edit on 15-4-2012 by AliceBlackman because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2012 by AliceBlackman because: extra thoughts

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Most depression seems to be a symptom of dehydration, but that's for another time (although if you are interested, watercure.com has good data). My family has had smoking problems as well, mixed in with all the things you said. I never smoked, nicotine at least, except large second hand smoke doses when growing up in a home where three people constantly smoked and two of us didn't. It takes a horrible toll, and maybe C can help if you can talk them into doing it. I've found that the people who least listen to someone are siblings, some kind of rivalry which leaves even good information in the dust.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
walked out of rehab a zillion times, its just an attention psychosis, the more you're involved the more thrilled/excited the attention seeker gets. yea theres always been sib rivalry and this sibling if its not the hospital it was always the jail. problems for my folks galore always and still. she's a big baby in her 30s now.

and knowing that smoking causes cancer, so smoked her lungs out. and when diagnosed with cancer, turned from an "addict" to a "victim" we all feel sorry for. sheesh. but its just so crazy to see her coming out of chemo all frail and smoking all the time on top of it. and the patches abused too, anything, everything, and a good actress about it with the folks i can't support that! the drama, the show. thats why i don't buy the 'i cant quit' when she found out she had cancer, I quit cold turkey and never smoked again (Except a clove cigarette or hookah once a month or less).

i dont believe one can be addicted to everything theyy get their hands on to abuse like her. that is something else far more sinister and selfish.

likewise for vitamin C i notice people are excited and take megadoses but forget about it a while after, or develop kidney/ incontinence problems, so i would wonlder why people go suddenly from 0 supplementation to megadoses, and why they do and where they stand years from now.

in school they taught that C is water soluble thus u cant overdose it, the body 'flushes' the extra out. but its a daily burden on the kidneys, so much extra. and it has been associated with kidney stones in studies. so, caveat emptor be careful.. too much of a good thing

edit on 15-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Makes me wonder what they are teaching kids in school now. I believe I learned about scurvy and vitamin C in elementary school when a teacher talked about it. Pirates and sailors sometimes suffered from it and didn't realize what caused it. Fresh fruits and vegetables did not last that long on long trips at sea. They did not have refrigerators.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

If they have kidney problems it's probably dehydration related, likely nothing to do with "mega"doses of C. Pauling did it for something like 25 or more years before he died. The trick is not to stop, to build the body through at least one of those seven-year all-cells-in-the-body-changeover cycles, and then keep going from there. Like any other major illness, it's a lifetime of taking the cure.

Good luck with your sister. She's on a hard cycle to break, and the new attention grabbing illness will enforce old habits as well as new.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
red pepper has about 190 mg of Vitamin C per 100 grams

an orange has about 50 mg of Vitamin C per 100 grams

red pepper has almost four times more vitamin C than an orange has

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Would it be alright if I take multi-vitamins?
I have those right in front of me.

About the smoking taking away vitamin C, I started smoking a year a go and felt more fatigued. So, that must explains something.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Listing the tiny amounts in some foods skirts the point of it not being enough for really good health. If what seems to be true is true - that our ability to make it in our bodies broke and all the other animals have a leg up on us, giraffes and pond flowers included - scant mgs just hold off the dreaded scurvy but don't bring the body building and full effects of what sounds like a large amount per day but is really just getting back to normal.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am the slowest healer in the world. A simple scratch on my arm will last for 2-3 weeks. The type of scratch that heals in 1-2 days on others. I also bruise extremely easy.

I am going to start taking 1000mg of C per day and see if I notice any difference. (Can report back if anyone's curious!)

Thanks for this thread!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
tiny amounts?

still wondering where you got 3 grams a day

"The North American Dietary Reference Intake recommends 90 milligrams per day
and no more than 2 grams (2,000 milligrams) per day"

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

I'm not a doctor, thank goddess, but if you plan to take 1,000 mg a day maybe divide it up into three - morning, afternoon, evening - with something in the stomach. C gets run through the body with water (it will come out, unless the body wants it all, as bright yellow urine) and needs refreshing. Those lucky other lifeforms continually make it, it's always being made in their cells, like clockwork or an assembly line, so they keep the stuff running through their systems all the time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join