It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C is Above Top Secret: We all have a MAJOR genetic disease! Three grams of Vitamin C a day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by Ameilia

I'm not a doctor, thank goddess, but if you plan to take 1,000 mg a day maybe divide it up into three - morning, afternoon, evening - with something in the stomach. C gets run through the body with water (it will come out, unless the body wants it all, as bright yellow urine) and needs refreshing. Those lucky other lifeforms continually make it, it's always being made in their cells, like clockwork or an assembly line, so they keep the stuff running through their systems all the time.

I'm not a doctor either.

What I have on hand is chewable 250mg. I have them for colds, never considered it as a normal daily supplement. So what I'm doing (now actually) is eating 1 at a time, which I will do 4 times per day. Obviously I will have to buy more, but I see this kind of C all the time at drugstores & should easily be able to buy 250mg chewables again.

Your advice is sound, thank you for making sure a random internet person didn't waste their time/money by taking so much at once that it all passes out in their urine!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by Aleister

Do you have any resources/data to back up your claims?

Not too long ago, it was vitamin D that was the end-all, be-all. It was supposed to fix everything from heart disease to Alzheimers. If we just ate really healthy (lots of fruits and vegetables), wouldn't that be enough?

It's vitamin D3; and it's the most important hormone we need; it's far better to get it from moderate sun exposure than pill form.

Vitamin C is good though, but there is much more than just taking Vitamin C to experience health benefits.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Sorry but this ought to be in the hoax bin. There is no genetic disease present in great apes relating to vitamin c nor is there any across the board genetic disease. Evoloutionary difference not disease. If you google the topic you will see why we have the difference.

Most depression is from dehydration? Thats a crackpot theory too. Dehydration isnt even in the top ten causes of depression.

Let me contribute. Sweet potatoes cause spontaneous conversion to scientology in men ages 44-46 who have excessive back hair and overproduce earwax.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hello! malnutrition is the disease: (the cure is not a pill ! ! ) its nutritious whole local food, real food,home grown food, not that crap you get at the grocery store! no wonder your sick! Fresh air, fresh water, sun shine, exercise or what I like to call work. plant a seed for God's sake! if only you where half as smart or lucky as a Cave Man !, its a no-brainer.... I'm disappointed, the only thing I've seen on her in the last couple weeks that's worth my attention was the (Mushroom story,) we all know what they grow out of ~ CRAP ! eat a Mushroom, lay off the bottled water, twinkies, tortured suffering meat & chemicals

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I take pure ascorbic acid in the powder form, which I can find at a health food store. I mix this up in some juice or water. It digests so much better than when I use a tablet or capsule, and it works more efficiently when I'm sick. I would reserve taking high amounts during acute illness, and stick to lower when I'm just maintaining.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
thanks Alice, i didnt bring up Smoking, it was brought up that a separate dose was recommended for smokers.. perhaps i can recommend it to my sibling if i ever hear the source to substantiate it.

anyways, my sibling is 1 year into Chemo and smokes everyday, even right after chemo. 2-3 packs a week for 20 yrs now.

also addicted to hydromorphone and oxycodone/contin.

why chemo and still smoke, right??

"i can't quit so the chemo balances the smoking out"

yeah right..

edit on 15-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

I have a family member taking chemo for brain, lung, and bone cancer. She smokes upwards of 2 packs a day and will not quit. Not only that, she eats fried foods, greasy red meats, and deserts that are processed pre-packaged stuff.

I am trying not to judge but, if you are fighting cancer, would you not want to stop eating crap, and smoking every day to give your body a fighting chance?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
Would it be alright if I take multi-vitamins?
I have those right in front of me.

About the smoking taking away vitamin C, I started smoking a year a go and felt more fatigued. So, that must explains something.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would take my vitamins in the form of food. Otherwise, I would never take them in pill form because many people cannot digest them and break them down completely. I would take a supplement in a liquid form. Not to be gross but, one can check their own eliminations to see if the pills they swallow are coming out whole or half broken down.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Linus Pauling was first associated with the remarkable properties of Vitamin C. Of the 3 vitamins AB and C, Vitamin C is by far the most important and the most useful. In order to complete a protein strand you need all three vitamins A B and C. If you do not have enough A, not to worry since Vitamin B can fill in for a missing A vitamin in a pinch, although A cannot replace a B. Vitamin C can be used to replace either a missing B or a missing A to complete the structure. This is a pretty remarkable quality. Another study of the effects of Vitamin C was done by accident when 2 boys riding bicycles through the fields of the Midwest were accidentally crop dusted. One of the boys had a doctor who was a proponent of Vitamin C. Not knowing what else to do he cared for the boy and gave him mega doses of the vitamin C. The other boy was hospitalized and died of toxic poisoning but the boy treated with high doses of C survived. Lately there have been unverified reports of Vitamin C curing everything from hair loss to cancer and for that reason I have ordered Vitamin C crystals which are the same ingredient in the product Emergen C. I find that Emergen C gives me extra energy when I feel it start to lag and speeds up the recovery of colds and the symptoms of the flu.

You cannot overdose on Vitamin C and it is constantly being destroyed by everything from air pollution to sunlight and needs to be replaced on a daily basis. If you only take one vitamin it should be a multi vitamin but I also urge you to take extra C followed in importance by Vitimin E and Selenium as prescribed by Dr Andrew Weil.
edit on 16-4-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

Most depression is from dehydration? Thats a crackpot theory too. Dehydration isnt even in the top ten causes of depression.

While you are right, more people should try just drinking a glass of good water when they feel brain fog or a bit of a headache. A LOT of times those things are causes when you get mildly dehydrated, and a lot of times a simple glass of water is an excellent pick me up so you feel better.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Sorry but this ought to be in the hoax bin.

Either that or the seriously misinformed bin.

3 grams of vitamin C is more than your body can absorb - you will just be peeing money down the toilet! To say nothing of some of the undesirable additives in vitamin formulations.
edit on 16-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
If you only take one vitamin it should be a multi vitamin but I also urge you to take extra C followed in importance by Vitimin E and Selenium as prescribed by Dr Andrew Weil.

Dr Andrew Weil as in Quackwatch? www.quackwatch.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
vitamin c will save you from heartstroke.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
In 1954 a scientist by the name of Linus Pauling won a Nobel Prize for his studies on the efficacy of Vitamin C. It is correct, as mentioned by the person who started this thread, that humans do not have the ability to manufacture this essential nutrient and must get it (along with many other trace minerals) from the foods that we eat.

Linus Pauling's study have proven that by taking 1000mg (1 gram) of Vitamin C, EVERY DAY (not ONCE A WEEK) would reduce viral and bacterial infections by as much as 45%. He also claimed that the RDA (Required Daily Allowance established by the criminal Food & Drug Administration) was barely enough to prevent DEATH, let alone scurvy. Scurvy is a disease resulting from a deficiency of vitamin C, which is required for the synthesis of collagen in humans. In essence this deficiency effects the bodies ability to repair it's own connective tissues and neural pathways.

Pauling also contended that through the process of "Pasteurization" (A process of basically boiling or cooking the liquid to kill bacteria)..Vitamin C's chemical structure is destoyed and it becomes useless. So..in other words, Tropicana Orange Juice, unless it is added after pasteurizing has "0%" usable Vitamin C.

He also strongly recommends that people take as much as 3000-5000 mg daily and that your body WILL NOT pee it out as is claimed by the FDA. He has performed numerous studies demonstrating this fact where he has given his subjects megadoses of vitamin C, and subsequently found virtually no detectable amounts in their urine...thereby proving that the body is using it...and not excreting it.

People must be aware that the minimum daily allowances of EVERYTHING prescribed by the FDA is just high enough to keep you alive while at the same time allowing chronic debilitating disease to manifest. The FDA works covertly and in concert with Big Pharma..because it is NOT in the best interest of the AMA and Big Pharma for Americans to stay healthy. Their goal is to create chronic illness in everyone so that they can drain you of every hard-earned red cent that you have.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Here's a lecture by the late, Linus Pauling on the importance of Vitamin C.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

You make a lot of claims in your opening post.
You have failed to include in that post anything to back up these claims. You need to provide some evidence.

It seems to best to try and obtain your vitamins from food. This is not always an option for the majority of this planet. Not many of the 7billion population have a lot of access to the finest organic fruit and veg.

Seeing what has been done with the land over the last 50years or so I have my doubts how beneficial some of the fruit and veg actually are.

Many turn to supplements. Vitamin C has become extremely expensive to produce. I used to source these materials. If people research where the raw materials are acquired to produce most vitamin supplements, they may be a little surprised.
They are not something I would have a lot of faith in.

I believe there was also some research recently about possible problems with VitC. I may be wrong but I believe it was shown to speed up some activity in the body. This may be beneficial in some circumstances. It may be deadly in other circumstances.

There is also they belief that if you are taking Vitamin C and are consuming sodium benzoate present in many everyday food items (fizzy drinks etc) the effects can be Very Harmful.

From my own experiences, years ago, I did indulge in VitC for a sustained period to combat cold and flu's etc. It failed. SImple as that.

It may provide some benefits , but like most things on this planet I think it is just another kind of placebo effect.

proceed with caution.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Doesnt it strike anybody as unnatural to intake that much ascorbic acid? Now someone is saying 3,000 to 5,000mg daily.

And again, why does ones Vit C "requirements" have to be from unnatural sources (pills) not a healthful diet??

I'm really appauled at the title and the advice given without established studies, especially regarding long-term safety of so much acid for one vitamin "requirement".

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
1 kg (2.2 lbs) L-ascorbic acid (L for levogyre form, the good one) = US$28.27

Took 0.11 seconds for Google to find it with the following k-words : ascorbic acid kg

OP Aleister's all right : genetic disease (so to say) as for guinea pigs, some birds, bats, tarseys and simians. A mere goat will produce as much as 13g (yep, grams) per day, and much more under stress conditions.

I began to take it after much readings two years ago, at about 3/5 (sometime up to 10) g/day. Huge effect overall on mood and health. Maybe that's not just some placebo effect if the following is to make any sense :

Biological tissues that accumulate over 100 times the level in blood plasma of vitamin C are the adrenal glands, pituitary, thymus, corpus luteum, and retina.[41] Those with 10 to 50 times the concentration present in blood plasma include the brain, spleen, lung, testicle, lymph nodes, liver, thyroid, small intestinal mucosa, leukocytes, pancreas, kidney and salivary glands.
source

Oh, last but not least : L. Pauling, Twice Nobel Prizer, became an instant has-been for the US-Medical-FDA-Driven-World as soon as he came to claim that most cancers might be cured with the help of IntraVenous ultra-mega-doses of Vitamin C... That he nevertheless personally administered to himself, in spite of a *renal* disease diagnosed in his 40's, until his death at... 93.

edit on 16-4-2012 by Flother because: tags

edit on 16-4-2012 by Flother because: English 2nd language... : )

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

We get, or least we should if we are eating correctly, enough VitC from our diets, perhaps that is why we don't need to produce our own (not sure of the medical terms here). Is producing our own form of Vitamin C a waste of resource when it is readily available to consume? Other animals have a less varied diet so maybe they need to produce their own? I wouldn't call it a genetic disease, but more of a genetic trait.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
How to get plentiful vitamin C as part of a wholesome, healthful natural diet:

or, u can rely on vit C pills more than diet - hope they aren't adultered with anything.

edit on 16-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jab0rnal

Interesting the differences in posts here, some naysaying the data and others providing it. Like a poster said, even a goat will create what sounds like massive amounts of ascorbic acid in its body daily but is really just the normal level. By taking 500 or 1000 mgs several times throughout the day we are just providing the body with what it can't do because of a real and serious genetic illness - the enzyme chain that makes ascorbic acid broke-down in large primates a long-time ago. We can get enough of it from food if you just want to beat-back scurvy, but for maximum effect, unless you drink 25 or so glasses of orange juice a day, it just won't happen. Supplements seem the only way to go to maintain close to the full effect of Vitamin C that even your pet dog, cat, or fish is obtaining on a minute-by-minute basis.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join