It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C is Above Top Secret: We all have a MAJOR genetic disease! Three grams of Vitamin C a day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I posted this on a couple of short older threads about Vitamin C, which have not been posted on in many years. This is about Vitamin C!!! Talk about a conspiracy of silence.

We all have a major genetic illness. Major. Sick, we have all been sick since birth - before birth if dear ol' mom wasn't taking several grams of Vitamin C a day. All other animals, plants, fish, everybody except apes, guinea pigs, a bat or two, make ascorbic acid in their bodies every minute. Apes can't, we can't make it because one of the enzymes in the construction series broke right after lemurs. Lemurs make it. None of the Great Ape primates do or can.

So, how can we cure a huge, major, genetic illness? Take a few grams every day, spaced out throughout the day. Simple as that.

And the above top secret? No major media outlet, politician, public figure, etc (where is Linus Pauling when we need him. Dead.) is going on and on about Vitamin C, every day, every speech, on television and off. This is a crime of omission.

Vitamin C!!!
edit on 15-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

edit on 15-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

edit on 23-12-2012 by Kandinsky because: Corrected typo in title

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Okay...
So, provided I start taking it, what beneficial effects it will have on me? will it make me immortal? will I be able to dodge bullets? Putting jokes aside: what will it improve? I consider it real, I'll start taking it. I am just curious how it will improve my health? I am guessing it will make me immune to common diseases. what else?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My dad first found out about taking Vitamin C when his boss recommended it to him for a runny nose. I myself have been taking Vitamin C tablets on and off for a couple years. My mom says it helps if you eat a meal before taking the pills (something to do with the absorption probably), and that a person can only process about 500MG of Vitamin C per day. I also looked into Scurvy, a disease that comes from Vitamin C deficiency. Apparently it takes between 70mg and 10mg of daily Vitamin C to recover from it. I currently take "Sundown Naturals 500MG 100 Caplets." Each tablet contains 500MG of Vitamin C which has a daily value of 833% (so I probably only need to take one per week).

Here is an excerpt of the Wikipedia page for Scurvy:
"Early symptoms are malaise and lethargy. After 1–3 months, patients develop shortness of breath and bone pain. Myalgias may occur because of reduced carnitine production. Other symptoms include skin changes with roughness, easy bruising and petechiae, gum disease, loosening of teeth, poor wound healing, and emotional changes. Dry mouth and dry eyes similar to Sjögren's syndrome may occur. In the late stages, jaundice, generalized edema, oliguria, neuropathy, fever, and convulsions, and eventual death are frequently seen."

edit on 15-4-2012 by questforevidence because:

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
WOW!! I have got to admit I have NEVER heard of the benefits of this "Vitamin C" you speak of

I will pass the word along!(end sarcasm here)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

On a related note, smokers apparently need more vitamin C than non smokers. Smoking somehow makes the body use more. We should be taking supplements but it's not cheap stuff here.

ETA

Smoking uses up about 25 milligrams of vitamin C per cigarette. It has been noted that smokers are ill more often, directly related to low vitamin C levels. Each cigarette you smoke emits extremely high levels of gaseous pollutants. Smokers create poisons that are deposited on oral cavities and tissues in your throat and lungs. The irritation they cause further lowers your body's Vitamin C supplies.

Source
edit on 15/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.
I'd be interested to know what illness and what exactly is it doing to us?
Do you have any links or anything you could provide us with?

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Do you have any resources/data to back up your claims?

Not too long ago, it was vitamin D that was the end-all, be-all. It was supposed to fix everything from heart disease to Alzheimers. If we just ate really healthy (lots of fruits and vegetables), wouldn't that be enough?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have to wonder how big a genetic disease this really is if it doesn't cause death and apes and humans in particular have not died off as a result of this genetic problem. Apparently every ape and human after lemurs have found sources of vitamin C in food. Makes me wonder what our ape ancestors ate for thousands of years or cavemen ancestors ate to prevent themselves from dying off. Maybe they ate some other animals that had ascorbic acid in the meat.

I don't know, you might have a selling point if vitamin companies can put on their bottle "Prevents premature death in humans". It seems like every company out there is adding vitamin C to our food. I get too much at times.

If this is called a major genetic disease, they must not take into account how easy it is to find a fix for it. Eat fruit or potatoes or take a vitamin pill. Even a caveman could do it.
edit on 15/4/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Narcissous

I take 1,000mg Vitamin C per day, I find it's a great pick me up.
the OP is correct Humans are unable to synthesize vitamin C - which is necessary for collagen production and iron absorption - and so they must obtain it from external sources (such as citrus fruits).

Vitamin C is one of the safest and most effective nutrients, experts say. It may not be the cure for the common cold (though it's thought to help prevent more serious complications). But the benefits of vitamin C may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling.

A recent study published in Seminars in Preventive and Alternative Medicine that looked at over 100 studies over 10 years revealed a growing list of benefits of vitamin C.
Most of the studies Moyad and his colleagues examined used 500 daily milligrams of vitamin C to achieve health results. That's much higher than the RDA of 75-90 milligrams a day for adults. So unless you can eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, you may need to take a dietary supplement of vitamin C to gain all the benefits, Moyad says. He suggests taking 500 milligrams a day, in addition to eating five servings of fruits and vegetables.

It also prevents an actual disease called scurvy

www.webmd.com... (webmd)
www.medicalnewstoday.com... (scurvy link)

link   
why 3.000 mg megadose daily until u get tired of that much?

when it has been associated with hepatic stress?

why not 500-1000mg per day for years on end? something sustainable.

heck, better yet, why not get vitamin c from healthful fiber-rich natural fruits & veggies instead of synthetic lab made vitc from a bottle?

edit on 15-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by questforevidence

Ha! A little bit of C makes sure you don't die of scurvy, and that's all. That's why the U.S. suggested dose is so low, I think it's 60mg a day, to make sure the entire country isn't dying off. Orange Juice producers want that suggested dose kept low, I would guess, because it hides the truth about this genetic disease.

I'm not a doctor, or someone who can reach into my pocket and come up with twenty links for you. What I do know, in answer to the question about what it does for what areas of the body - every cell needs it and happily uses it (and happily is probably not hyperbole). The conspiracy, and that's what I want to point out, is how little high-profile professionals in media, health industries, politics, or journalism alert the public to this. Again, we have a major genetic disease, one that is easily cured. If everyone cured it we'd have a lot less need of doctors and hospitals and the storehouse of drugs sitting in pharmacies seemingly popping up on every-other street corner in "civilized" nations. Scurvy? Why do you think apes love to eat fruits? Vitamin C!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I learned about the benefits from Vitamin C in school 30 years ago, sometimes i think i live on a different planet from you guys

Anyway, read this.

www.livestrong.com...

Vitamin C is essential for normal growth and repair of the body's tissues. It is needed for the synthesis of collagen, a protein used to make tendons, ligaments, skin, bone, muscle, cartilage, blood vessels and scar tissue. Vitamin C is also required for healing cuts and wounds and for maintaining healthy teeth and gum tissue. Read more: www.livestrong.com...

edit on 15-4-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
and read this if you are taking above the RDA of it:

www.livestrong.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Recommended supplement for smokers is 2000mg's a day and they state it is not possible to get that much vitamin C from a normal diet each day, hence the need for it in tablet form. Antioxidants are extra necessary when attacking one's body with smoke, tar, nicotine, and whatever else is in there. Disclosure: I am a cigarette (hand-rolled) smoker.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
smokers taking vitamins

the irony

anyways what organization "recommended" an amount for smokers instead of their quitting?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

I don't know, you might have a selling point if vitamin companies can put on their bottle "Prevents premature death in humans". It seems like every company out there is adding vitamin C to our food.

The FDA would take then to court if they did that because vitamin C has not gone through their seriously expensive testing requirements, which no one will pay for because it can not be patented, it matters not that if you are vitamin C deficient you will develop Scurvy and people really used to die from it...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Want some twisted logic? Good!
Antioxidants are healthy right? Good. Now look at the name, anti oxidants. So oxidants (oxygen) is bad, right? Good. It's the air that kills you my friend, not the smoke.

ETA The article is about vitamin C, not smokers quitting.

edit on 15/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
well you said recommended 2000gm

but havent provided a source for the recommended quote.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
well you said recommended 2000mg

but havent provided a source for the recommended quote.

edit on 15-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Check link in my first post, bottom of that page, they actually recommend 3000mg. Unlike some other vitamins, excess vitamin C can be flushed through the body quite easily and with no or little damage.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join