It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Hate?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
To borrow from another source, it is rather simple and complex at once.

All negative emotions and actions are derivatives and results of FEAR.

All positive emotions and actions are derivatives and results of LOVE.

As with all things, there are very rarely examples of absolutes. Most things in our PERCEPTION of the world, our species, our total environment are blended forms of love and fear. The more you live in fear, the more you are willing to display those actions and emotions that are less than growth inspiring. Less than friendly, less than giving. The more one lives in love, the more they give, they more they understand the more they are living in friendship.

There is never an example of absolutism for either source, love or fear. But if we stop looking at symptomatic issues and try to understand the root causes of problems, we can derive a better understanding which usually leads to friendship and peace.

Religion is another example of something that is disguised as benign, but has been manipulated into a tool of control. True teachings and messages from the likes of Christ, Buddha, Confucius etc are never ones based on fear, the fear is a human result of the fear of loss. Loss of love. Kind of a difficult conundrum, but there it is. Until we are truly willing to accept love and promote it as well as receive it, we live in constant fear of losing love and it's great equalization.

Hate is a result of the greatest fears manifested in outward action. Those fears can be the fear of the unknown, fear of loss, fear of failure, fear of success, all derivatives of fear manifesting into such uncontrollable emotion to the point of it inciting a response, generally an aggressive one. Aggression manifests in verbal and physical and passive action. Verbal is easy, haters are negative, pompous and always right with closed minds. Physical is easy, haters physically react to those they hate and do harm. Passive haters are sometimes the most dangerous to themselves and others, they will stand by and watch another harm themselves or others with no empathy to help intervene.

I may not like things that people do, but there are very few people I can honestly say that I do not like. I do not truly hate anyone. This has not always been the case, but is something I have worked towards.with help from others.

Anyways, I am not here to stand on a soap box. I just like to share a little to maybe help another understand that no matter where you are, you can get to where you want to be.

Hate is FEAR. Figure out why you are afraid and face it. Live in LOVE.

8-)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthChilde

I agree with about 99.9 % of what you said. Nice.

Love is the feeling or perception (to me) of overcoming hate (/fear).

The greatest love is the love of your enemy. There is no greater test or example. There is no greater victory than to learn to love your enemy. THAT is love. Everything else is but is too easy to use as a maxim of its expression.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I've heard the greatest love is when one lays down his life for another...

Guess who said it

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I've heard the greatest love is when one lays down his life for another...

Guess who said it

Absolutely ?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Nuuuuuuuuuu...

Wait were you agreeing with me?
edit on 13-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Nuuuuuuuuuu...

No
who was it then - tell me tell me

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
PS i Once said that to a girlfriend IE I would die for you
But I changed my mind when she ditched me

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Nuuuuuuuuuu...

No

HE did my friend...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Nuuuuuuuuuu...

No

HE did my friend...

Oh well hit me on the head with a big rubber mallet
Those are great words - I always did have a leaning towards John if you know what I mean
edit on 13-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

it is easy to love someone who is not your enemy. It is the greatest test of your heart to learn to love your enemy. It is far greater a challenge to make him your ally. To destroy your enemies by making them your allies. There is no greater test. An ancient said that and we have been regurgitating it since the dawn of our time, In one way or the other.
edit on 13-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Deserves saying again - speaks volumes

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Take that up with him

The greatest selfless act is to lay down your life for another...

You have no enemies when you're dead.... other then perhaps yourself

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You have no enemies besides those that make you their enemy. You have no allies (friends) besides those you make friendship with.

It is harder to love ( not fear) someone who you do not know and who has chosen you as an enemy. There is no greater ally than an enemy turned in your favor.

edit on 13-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
'Hate' is by definition a wholly learned emotion. Whereas 'Love' is realized naturally shortly after birth. If anyone reading this is of the persuasion that we were indeed genetically modified (metaphorically created) by beings from 'elsewhere,' then it seems perhaps a "glitch" of some kind occurred in the process. (The price to pay for "knowledge??") We have some distinct negative propensities that simply do not further our journey's in a positive way. Constant war, incessant greed....and a too powerful ego, all work to stagnate our evolution to a higher plane.

I don't know if hate could be completely eliminated from humanity, probably doubtful. However, being the 'lemmings' we undeniably are, we could be "re-taught" by capable leadership influences to be far more co-operative and accepting. If we weren't taught to hate, we wouldn't....not as much...not this much.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

I was going to say the exact thing.
But that does not tell me what hate is, love allows us to know what hate feels like, and vise versa.
You need both love and hate to experience each one
A world of only love would be a bunch of un-selfish people
A world of only hate would be a bunch of selfish people

I still think hate is not having control
*fun thinking

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hate...... I don't think everybody your talking about here 'hates' per se, rather it might better be defined as 'are intolerant' Intolerant would be more of a defence mechanism that hating or 'wishing destruction upon', which I believe would be more in line with 'hate'.

Do any of you see this as more of a definition of the current state of things? I believe when all is said and done, either party just wrings their hands and exclaim.... 'I'm out'a here, your nuts fool' .........and go on about their life and mindset.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
There are some great posts here

Hate is a feeling that controls the hater - like pressing a button on a robot
Hate is a feeling a thought an emotion out of control - so must start somewhere

Hate has roots - A dislike watered with Intolerance flowers into Hate.
Hate has reasons too - They disagree with me, They do not understand me, I don't like them
Look there they go again, they are stupid Oh Shut up - Shut up or I'll hit you and so it builds.

The example of above is a thought pattern and like patterns is predictable.
Predictable like a pre programmed robot.

Yet we are beings of choice in reality
Why don't I like them, Why do they say and act as they do, I will really listen and try understand them,
I do not agree with them but respectfully agree to disagree - I will tolerate them and express my thoughts also and enter into discussion not argument with them.
If they react and do not tolerate my perspective I will agree to disagree or stand back or walk away - nothing lost
Meanwhile I will continue to try understand what Love is - for that is the path I choose.

:
edit on 14-4-2012 by artistpoet because: t HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by absolutely

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Raelsatu

Nice Post!

For one to truly hate, he must see something he dislikes about himself manifesting in another. Any hate based on irrational ignorance, hearsay or faith, is not actually hatred, but stupidity. These days, I see more and more of the latter.

o really?? from where did u get that idea?? ur biblic bed??

true hate is the opposite to what u say, it is only when the perspective has no possible relation of being same with the one perceiving it that true hate exist
that is how the most common object of hate by everyone is to admit objective reality being free too from where subjects love to use positive reality for themselves
also what everyone hate is to give for nothing in return, in what everyone mean any of his move to b positive through more

Sorry? My biblical bed? Lost in translation I suppose...

Can you really justify hating something you don't understand? To hate something you don't understand is irrational and based on ignorance—stupidity. And since the only thing one can really understand is oneself and ones wants and desires, one can only ever truly hate themselves or parts of themselves. The rest is stupidity, mild inconveniences and annoyances.

Hate isn't some objective cloud of death hovering over humanity. Hate isn't something in a constant battle with love. Man becomes dangerous only when stupidty manifest itself. Stupidity—something that can arrise from both hate or love—is dangerous. Intention does not hold value when the result is dangerous.

u r proving being unable to read ur own words, then how u exist only of ur will and nothing about truth nor truly even in subjective means

the fact that u cant understand but urself confirm that u wont ever b well with others as with urself
while it also would confirm individuality even if on its own is absolute itself fact only but in objective terms individuality is only relative fact to absolute else truth existence as the objective absolute fact

so individuality as a conscious or stupid awareness even though u want to sound intelligent to urself, is only when the being admit being a kind of objective else, that must reach to be real with as aware free individual else while focusing on its own freedom as the only fact existing really to him but within the knowledge that only objective else existence matters, ur awareness is the materiality of urself existence, what u see objectively is never related to what u r, while u can realize a true relation to but only in truth stable terms of freedom constant realities

what is true is not what u r, even though u cant b but what u r in truth so relative thing

wat is true is what u reject to admit, while it exists always more whatever u n ur gods may reach to do
it is true bc it is always there the exclusive present reason that become visual to any moron even animal kind of awareness that truth obviously is a matter fact too

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hate is only an expression of fear. Fear is the base emotion and from fear eminates hate. We fear the unknown and we hate what we fear. Its easy to overcome hate - get to know that which you hate.
I

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by chiroy

here is the hint i guess u r unconsciously giving to clarify how hate has nothing to do with fear

fear of loosing ur superior state freedom that u enjoy being from or for, is the opposite to fear of loosing ur true existing rights of being

fear is the being right never the free source of being

that is how fear involves exclusively beings violations and direct agressions to humans rights

never a subjective statement of ooohhh i fearrrr

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join