It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Hate?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I've seen a surge lately of threads in the Religion forum, typically one side attacking the other. Christians asking to stop being "persecuted". Sometimes posting claims of proof the Bible is infallible, when no such proof is seen. Atheist requesting "proof" of an afterlife, or God. Which is also nearly as asinine. I admit I see some good post from both sides, and some good points at that. Muslims are stuck somewhere in the middle --- i.e I don't see many Muslim posters but rather a stern offense (or defense) in regard to their culture.

So. How do you define hate? For some, that could be translated to simply your beliefs and/or faith being criticized. Here's a fact --- stones are thrown from ALL sides. Christians think they're without a doubt disciples of the one truth, and have no qualms with telling people they're going to hell for eternity. Islam is similar, although with a dash of oppressiveness & blatant intolerance. Execution for the act of apostasy is just as abhorrent as the execution/torture of heretics centuries ago, by the Catholics & Protestants.

I'm not very fond of the aggressive atheist either. When I say aggressive, I mean to completely demean a persons character based solely on their [religious] beliefs. I see it all the time --- atheist calling Christians mentally ill children that believe in fairy tales. I believe 'God' is not a fairy tale; nor was Jesus; actually a good portion of the Bible may be historically sound. The IDEA of God (a creator) doesn't equate to folklore, being ontological by nature and deriving from a pool of thought that pervades [nearly] all cultures. It's biologically imprinted into the human brain to contemplate how we came into being. Where morality comes from. How our ideologies are shaped by experience. Suffering and happiness. This is more to this than chance. At the same time I'm not amused or intrigued by the claims that any ancient [or modern] cult is undoubtedly the answer. There's often no journey in such paths, no peace of mind knowing most of your loved ones might exist in eternal torment for lacking a dominant faith.

In the end, most of us can only look at each-other with biases & opinions based on our subjective psychological construct. It's difficult to be objective, and often we self-proclaim objectiveness falsely. To be honest I'm tired of seeing it. Conflict breeds as a result of our differences, when in fact it's many of those differences that should bind us. Of course there's that pesky wall of [bigotry] to bypass, the part of us that might justify being cruel or unjust towards others based on one aspect or the other.

Hate --- is such a strong word. It's context should be chosen much more carefully, not handed to the last person to call you out. Although, I do think it's appropriate in many cases; just not for the most part not here on ATS.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

In other words, everyone needs to understand and accept that no one is perfect. Stop Hate, start Love. Simple.

Why is this so hard of a concept to grasp?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

What Is Hate?

The absence of Love...

As Dark is the absence of Light...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

if hate or love are things that define ur states then how r u individuals? any number of u is one de trop, but sure it explains the most why u r so attached to god
to justify how u r and need to b, u want a god as a thing creating u while loving him as a plus inventing ur value that u r not

like him too inventing doing good to right by being eternal reverse

wat a pair heh u make??? hey why dont u go play out of here since u found each others with ur superconscious thing so u could invent better how u r one round of hands

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hate is an emotion - a feeling - The bearer of hate feels hate and directs at an object or others.
If one reacts back with hate one also feels hate.
Hate is a horrible feeling - This why one should turn the other cheek so to speak.
If one hates - show them love for it is they who are a victim of their emotions.
Love feels wonderful - hate feels horrible

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

What Is Hate?

Hate... real hate, is the single most extreme negative emotion we are capable of. But it is the opposite of true love and there are many people who search their entire lives for it and never get close. So it is probably safe to say that true hate is as rare as true love... and that the word 'hate' today is mostly used to denote a negative reference based on (mostly) politics.

In fact, 'hate' is the single most misused and abused word in the language today.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

What Is Hate?

The absence of Love...

NO love is u plus and hate is u minus

while u plus is more u same, so ur love is the definitive minus to what is never u
while u minus can make the happiness of what is never u, if around

why cant u understand that objective is the option offer to existence so u could calmly get out of here for ur love sake

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

What Is Hate?

The absence of Love...

NO love is u plus and hate is u minus

while u plus is more u same, so ur love is the definitive minus to what is never u
while u minus can make the happiness of what is never u, if around

why cant u understand that objective is the option offer to existence so u could calmly get out of here for ur love sake

English dude.... i speak english...

Could you please follow suit...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
light is being real and dark is being nothing

being individual reality is being absolute reality so seeing everything

being nothing is being blind to everything present

lovely butterflies in their struggle to think their ways back to b worms, come on u can do it

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

lovely butterflies in their struggle to think their ways back to b worms, come on u can do it

Butterflies are from chrysalis and formerly Caterpillars - Worms are worms and aerate the soil.
Just saying

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

What is "being real" to you?

Dark is not being nothing... everyone exists... Dark is the absence of light... Two sides of the same coin..

what is reality?

And what is absolute... as your name suggests?

IF you are nothing.... no sight exists.... Nor does the present...

Silly boy... you know not who I AM...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Dark is not being nothing... everyone exists... Dark is the absence of light... Two sides of the same coin..

silly moron urself, if everyone exist then u dont exist since u r never someone
and as i said dark is being nothing, like u so blind to everything freedom present else

to b not nothing is to b real then it is smthg to everything
nothing is not smthg, nothing is the lack of being objective

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

ok buddy...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

silly moron urself, if everyone exist then u dont exist since u r never someone
and as i said dark is being nothing, like u so blind to everything freedom present else

to b not nothing is to b real then it is smthg to everything
nothing is not smthg, nothing is the lack of being objective

I find your reasoning strange.
If everyone exists which they do then also I exist
Unless you are saying we are all figments of your imagination or conversely that everyone is a figment of my imagination - which is quite an interesting thought but makes me feel kinda lonely

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I find no reasoning in the logic of one that resorts to petty insults...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I find no reasoning in the logic of one that resorts to petty insults...

I am perplexed and saying nothing

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, although the thread title was supposed to be rhetorical. It was primarily in response to the thread telling people to stop hating Christians.

Looks like he's just mocking us, similar to the 'toadhermit' user who post in sarcastic riddles to make any philosophical related topic look bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

In answer to your question...

Hate is a useless emotion... and hurts no one but yourself...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
If everyone exists which they do then also I exist

u keep reasoning the wrong sense, it is ridiculous, as if u cant see a mean of smthg from its origin, u exclusively see words from objective translation in positive terms while it become then else

the sentence everyone exist, is not of a god saying hey come on u shape of bodybrains exist

u keep meaning words as if someone made them to teach u

words are meant to define what is objective

what is objective is a true past value that became objective absolute fact

everyone exist, mean that one existence were true which in concrete terms is the reason of every one existence, but u must b one at least in same basics then u can profit from the ground supporting it
the sentence is not every human exist, nor every brain exist, but everyone so if u mean to use that point u must respect it as it is first, every one, what is one?

also everyone exist, mean that truth came to exist as an absolute fact
which explain how anyone was a reason of everyone

then definitely the sentence, everyone exist, mean a complex abstract fact
not only u must define what is one? but also what is true existence which justify individuality of being as real
but no u prefer to use sentences u read or form as u want randomly

anyway, from where did u get that quote, everyone exist, who said it?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Sorry I would like to respond to your post but it is garbled and I fail to understand what you are on about
No insult intended but what has whatever you are attempting to say to do with what Hate is

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join