It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Hate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Raelsatu

What Is Hate?

The absence of Love...

As Dark is the absence of Light...

4 dimensional division imposed upon another, not realizing that same effort opens the window also receive 4 dimensional division. Once the window is produced by the consciousness, what flows through will be in both directions. Hate itself causes hate acceleration and amplification with this generative feedback loop. Love is 4 dimensional multiplication projected upon another, not realizing that same effort opens the window to also receive 4 dimensional multiplication. Love itself causes love acceleration and amplification because of the feedback loop of the opened window.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Sounds good....

But love can destroy hate... hate can not destroy love...

Hate can not attract love... but Love attracts hate of all kind...

luv a good paradox...

edit on 12-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Great post, Raelsatu, star and flag for you. I am not an Atheist, but I do my fair share of trying to teach Christians that their way isn't the only way, and that some of their stories just are not true. I have had some really good arguments, and love each and every one. I know some do not like me, and that is OK, if everyone liked me I would have no place her at all.

You asked a question, "What is Hate?" Good question. To me, Hate is the same thing as Love, same emotional fever, same intense feelings, just polar opposites of one another.

Origin:
before 900; Middle English hat ( i ) en,
Old English hatian (v.); cognate with Dutch haten,
Old Norse hata,
Gothic hatan,
German hassen
dictionary.com
I would say that aversion, detest, disgust, dislike, loathing, repelled-by, and revulsion/repulsion are synonyms for hate. Terms, such as racism, white supremacy, sexism, or ageism, that describe disparaging a particular out-group also describe hate. The passions of hatred arise from several features of our human thinking process. These include wanting to assign blame for misfortune, and errors in logic, and reasoning. Those who hate have an enemy, or several. Since nobody likes bad things to happen to them, and since bad things are caused by the enemy, we hate the enemy for it. We frame the opposition as the enemy. It's the victims versus the villains, good versus evil, us versus them mentality.

That's about the best I can do right now, I am tired.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

but Love attracts hate of all kind

I have to agree I have seen it happen to many times, to many wonderful people, I see what the other poster is getting at, but it just doesn't work out that way,

I have always wondered how the most mean and nasty individuals seem to be the most liked and loved, unless it is fear.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You'll find that those people are the epitome of the ego... or selfishness... they usually have many possessions... and attract like minded people... Or people that want what they have...

Selflessness is love's defineing word...

these people you mention see the selfless as weak... but there is no truth in that...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Nice Post!

For one to truly hate, he must see something he dislikes about himself manifesting in another. Any hate based on irrational ignorance, hearsay or faith, is not actually hatred, but stupidity. These days, I see more and more of the latter.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
it is amazing how u love to ignore everything u know for the sake of urself will

love as hate are to evil existence way in absence of true existence will

what would make individuality in absolute terms existing so gods included if true existence or existence rights are not meant?? love and hate, while hate is the strong pole for relative existence reality

when u dont mean ur obligations to b real nor to objective knowledge, then u as individual so existing fact would mean others to b real according to what u would like to have or dislike to deal with as well as u would mean existence only from what it gives u or take from u

when u dont mean urself realisation u will look to relate to everything from where it makes u or ensure the best positive still shape

being objective has nothing to do with love nor hate, while all to do with being existing
the more u r present the more u cant admit objective perspective being false the more u know present absolute fact
and the more u r real to urself the more u would mean others realities being free rights to urself existence justification as a matter of fact

love and hate in truth are all to absolute subjective space which is nothing objective while way back out of anything one do as constant way of being present existing reality

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Nice Post!

For one to truly hate, he must see something he dislikes about himself manifesting in another. Any hate based on irrational ignorance, hearsay or faith, is not actually hatred, but stupidity. These days, I see more and more of the latter.

o really?? from where did u get that idea?? ur biblic bed??

true hate is the opposite to what u say, it is only when the perspective has no possible relation of being same with the one perceiving it that true hate exist
that is how the most common object of hate by everyone is to admit objective reality being free too from where subjects love to use positive reality for themselves
also what everyone hate is to give for nothing in return, in what everyone mean any of his move to b positive through more

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hate surpasses expressions of anger, it is calculated and is rooted in the grasp of fear. Whilst anger is temporary in most, hatred is definitive and is bred from intolerance. To hate is to suffer, it is the greatest incrimination and the darkest of human expressions. Ignorance and insecurity fuels its fires, an unquenchable loathing that externalizes and manifests what is inward on an outward scale.

Hatred is intolerance, it is egoism in true form and it is the greatest hindrance on the evolution of intelligence this world has ever known -- regardless of whichever political, religious, or human spectrum you fall into. Hatred dilutes knowledge, it inks the waters of enlightenment in every form, it is an emotional cancer inescapable by the chains of humanity.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Novusign

Well said...

And your First star!!

The force is strong with this one....

edit on 12-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I dont see why we cant hate things. Why should we be compelled to be tolerant of others? I think hate is a great thing and a logical thing. How can you love everything? Care about everything. I think all this love everything bs makes people weak.

Slave morality is what it is. Why do we need to have compassion? To care? To carry the weak? To tollerate?

We are all ruled by our id. All this nicey stuff that we do is not for anyone but ourselves. If you dont believe that you are deluded. Anything nice we do is just a selfish act like all of our actions. Some people seek some kind of intrinsic validation so they do a good deed or donate to a charity or become a missionary.....whatever it is it is for you,not for others.

Its dishonest to pretend we that we dont work for the id. Its very undermensch.

Its good and honest to hate things,some things are worth hating

And if people have a god they should kill him. Be your own god.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

What is hate?

To know hate you need something opposite of hate to be able to define it.

I brunt my hand on a hot stove , it hurt, caused me pain , I can say I hate to get burned.
So do I hate the stove or the action of the stove being able to destroy me/hurt me/cause me pain? Its able to give me joy, I can cook my food with it, which I love its ability to do, as I find it good.

Your wife cheats on you that would make one hate a person, is it because you LOVED her or because you have no more control? You loved her because you gained something from her, she made you feel good.
So when she no longer made you feel good you hate her! ( she isn’t doing as you desire/wish)
**you could feel sad instead of hate!

I own a car, I kick it and scream I hate this piece of S*^& , just because it’s always breaking down.
The reason I say I hate my car is because I cant control it! It can break down on its own, it can deny me the ability to use it as I desire.
And soon I may end up sending it to a bone yard to rot and die, and finally it will be sent to a crusher/shredder to be recycled.

Hate is the result of having no control!

Maybe that is why GOD is defined as complete love….because he/she doesn’t CONTROL, but will destroy you if you are defective!

OP thanks for the thinking you made me do

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

You make some good points.

Hate can be defined as greatly disliking, to detest. As humans we can detest someone, something, somewhere; an ideology, a dogma, even our own state of being. For example when somebody loses a loved one, the feeling of despair may be overwhelming to the point of where hate arises. Likewise when you experience physical pain, at those moments you may even hate being yourself.

So I do think that lack of control is a factor. However there are many things in the grand scheme in which we lack control over, yet we love at the same time. Do we not love the feeling of a summer breeze? The setting and rising of our star, the sun. The blueness of the sky and the oceans. The energy that jolts through your essence at random. The rawness of life is filled with lack of control, but that's in-part what makes this ride so interesting...

The Bible says God is a jealous God; but of what? Perhaps being omnipotent is a curse? Anyway, if humans really are just disposable toys that God throws away when they "defect" --- that is, embrace being conscious as a gift (of diversified thinking) --- then I find that quite...sad. In-fact, I do detest the notion. =]

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

Originally posted by Lionhearte

In other words, everyone needs to understand and accept that no one is perfect. Stop Hate, start Love. Simple.

Why is this so hard of a concept to grasp?

It's not a difficult concept to grasp; that's why my thread title is rhetorical. My points have been made; hate is not criticizing a religion. Start love is precisely it... but by Biblical standards even a 'loving' person is still utterly evil if they're not saved by the blood of Christ. Would you rather live with a loving human being who was not Christian, or a Christian that was bigoted, spiteful towards others, & even fundamentalist to the point of enacting violence?
Uhh, I'd rather live with neither. A "Christian" who is bigoted/spiteful/hateful/etc.. isn't a Christian. Simple. A real Christian is someone who follows the commandments; love.

Only a few centuries ago, non-believers (even those of different sects) were tortured, burned at the stake, and executed in other unspeakable manners. Yet back then it was accepted that it was "God's will". The Bible is riddled with laws demanding the murder of all sorts of sinners. Fast forward to the 21st century, & it's the mindset that's evolved to discard of such despicable ways. Not the religion.... only difference is now most people don't think it's fine to spill the entrails of an adulterer. Even if the Bible says so.

Oh boy. You make it sound like millions of people were burned at the stake for being non-believers. Not so. For example, during the Salem Witch Trials, 24 people were killed. I'm not justifying it in anyway, what those "Christians" did were unacceptable, even Biblically speaking. They did NOT follow Jesus. I'm sure you want to say Anders Behring Breivik is a prime example of the Christian lives. Hint: He's not. He's insane, and full of hate. The Bible preaches love.

This sort of punishment still exist in some cultures (Sharia law), but then again Islam is not as old as Christianity. Hopefully they'll catch up soon...

Islam actually is quite old. And now, they won't "catch up" - Their book commands violence; my book commands love. In their book, it isn't even a guarantee that you go to Heaven unless you die a martyr - dying while killing infidels. In my book, all you have to do is believe in Jesus.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Uhh, I'd rather live with neither. A "Christian" who is bigoted/spiteful/hateful/etc.. isn't a Christian. Simple. A real Christian is someone who follows the commandments; love.

Well see there's a fine line there; Christians actually hate (detest) a lot more than they would admit. And you actually deny that there are Christians which are bigoted as well?? Newsflash, there are bigots across the board.

Oh boy. You make it sound like millions of people were burned at the stake for being non-believers. Not so. For example, during the Salem Witch Trials, 24 people were killed. I'm not justifying it in anyway, what those "Christians" did were unacceptable, even Biblically speaking. They did NOT follow Jesus. I'm sure you want to say Anders Behring Breivik is a prime example of the Christian lives. Hint: He's not. He's insane, and full of hate. The Bible preaches love.

Ever heard of the Crusades? Yea, millions of people --- not 24. Althought there have been quite a number of deaths from witchhunting as well; not to mention burning of heretics by Bloody Mary other delusional "loving" believers. Again, I'm not saying all Christians are like this; clearly we've come a long way since then, but it's not the Scripture that changed --- it's the adapting of human beings & rational mindset in society that overrides fear & extreme bigotry.

Islam actually is quite old. And now, they won't "catch up" - Their book commands violence; my book commands love. In their book, it isn't even a guarantee that you go to Heaven unless you die a martyr - dying while killing infidels. In my book, all you have to do is believe in Jesus.

Well yes it's still old, but Christianity is slightly more ripened (400 years). As for whether their book commands violence, I don't doubt it; I haven't personally read the Quran. However, for sure a large portion of the Islam followers do not enact the violence... I believe just like Christianity, many Muslims are adapting --- the scales are tipping away from intolerance in favor of human rights.

Anyway, you assert that their book commands violence... and the Bible doesn't??! I really don't want to have to compile a list of Gods commands that range from mass-murdering babies to executing people for sexual 'offenses'. The biggest one of all, allowing a place to exist where eternal torment is an option. Would you call me absolute love if I had a brick oven that I tossed my children into when they denied me the appropriate amount of love? No, I would be called a psychopath, a psychotic monster, merciless, insane, among many other things.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
hate is the expression of evil unexercised.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I hate... Hate.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hate is the opposite of love.

One description of love comes from scripture - "Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous, it does not put on airs, it is not snobbish. Love is never rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not prone to anger; neither does it brood over injuries. Love does not rejoice in what is wrong but rejoices with the truth. There is no limit to love's forbearance, to it's trust, its hope, its power to endure. (1 Cor 13)

So hate would be the opposite - impatient, mean, jealous, putting on airs, snobbish, rude, self-seeking, prone to anger, brooding, rejoicing in wrong. Most of us have weakness' in a few of these places ... human weakness'. A quick temper .. or holding grudges ... or being impatient with someone who irks us so we are rude to them ...

I have to disagree with the 'no limit to trust and hope' part. In this world, having an unlimited amount of trust and hope seems reckless and like someone with their head stuck in the sand. At least to me it does. I think common sense should take the place of 'no limit to trust and hope'.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
I dont see why we cant hate things. Why should we be compelled to be tolerant of others? I think hate is a great thing and a logical thing.

I hear ya. There are things I hate. Things that make no sense and yet people embrace those things. Things that drag people down and 'stupify' them, yet they would give their lives for those things. I hate the things but not the people. I'm able to separate the two ...

There are people that I can't stand to be around. I dont 'hate' them .. but I hate being around them. If I hated them I'd wish them to be in hell or something. But all I want is for them to shut up and go away. So I don't know if that counts as hating THEM ... I'm still thinking about that.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hate is fear.
Fear is the opposite to love. Most humans live with the feeling of continual deep underlying fear. It is felt in the body as anxiety and depression and is the cause of anger and negativity.

Humans feel this fear and live with it, some feel it strongly and seek help, some have therapy and some take antidepressants. It is the human condition of suffering.

You can not hate something unless you feel threatened by it. Wars are started and accepted because propaganda tells the people about the savages and what they can do to hurt you (weapons of mass destruction). The fear of what 'they' can do invokes enough hatred to blow their country up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join