It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Hate?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
From a scientist's point of view, HATE it is a highly negatively charged atom repelling a highly positively charged atom (Law of Attraction).

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hate is a necessary evil in this world, for without hate we would not know love.
PLPL

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hate is fear.

If you examine the words and vehemence of these posters who speak in absolutes, you will see that they are only so steadfast because they are afraid not to be.

Likewise, if you examine the words and vehemence of people who advocate hate, you will see that the things they say, the insults and treachery they speak are all based on fear - of the unknown or of differences or of potential falsity.

Most people cling to what they "know" because it is comfortable and it is safe. Leaving that comfort zone, even in the quest for knowledge or enlightenment or love, is very difficult. This is where you see the surge of anger, hostility, speaking in absolute terms, refusal to concede any point of an opposing argument, etc.

You will clearly see the five stages of grief - Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance - in a person whose beliefs have been challenged and defeated. It is because people feel that a part of them is dying when they face the fact that their beliefs were incomplete or in error.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
I dont see why we cant hate things. Why should we be compelled to be tolerant of others? I think hate is a great thing and a logical thing. How can you love everything? Care about everything. I think all this love everything bs makes people weak.

Slave morality is what it is. Why do we need to have compassion? To care? To carry the weak? To tollerate?

We are all ruled by our id. All this nicey stuff that we do is not for anyone but ourselves. If you dont believe that you are deluded. Anything nice we do is just a selfish act like all of our actions. Some people seek some kind of intrinsic validation so they do a good deed or donate to a charity or become a missionary.....whatever it is it is for you,not for others.

Its dishonest to pretend we that we dont work for the id. Its very undermensch.

Its good and honest to hate things,some things are worth hating

And if people have a god they should kill him. Be your own god.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

exactly, they dont want to admit hate being true for what they mean to b through liars powers of oness that do not exist, while preaching truth being love as smthg they dont know but always there as a constant source concept about truth

truth surprise everyone and im sure will do it much more later, hate is to truth existence way while love is to evil existence ways

truth is infinite absolute superiority which turn out to become existing in form of freedom value, so existence freedom is based objectively on freedom individuals reality facts that truth realize of its facts realities and of its present freedom realisation out of all existence freedom rights

more technically, what is objective is individual freedom out of truth so not the truth

that is why the essential drive in being existing as aware of being real is to enjoy growing out of all as possible positive fact,

the more the awareness is about its reality the more the sense of enjoying being free out of self existence is not against anything nor anyone else, but more as a sense to enjoy being free of all positively in absolute terms, mykind of being right

the less the awareness is about its reality the more it means being conscious of all existence which explain how the sense of joy is then by seeking constantly to exist by pointing existence being nothing, enjoying the sense of being positive free value as superior to all else

that is why they are hypocrits who mean to use hate for powers justifications, hate is never a source of power, everyone knows that hate destroy its subject from existing
while everyone too that powerful evil entities life do never hate anything nor anyone in fact, on the contrary they are the best to talk about everyone needs with tears and love to possess power on their existing freedom realities life

when true existence is exclusively freedom individualities reality, then the normal one reaction to another one present right is hate, it needs a lot of self freedom realisations to grasp the concept of existence right to admit others existence rights from the way of relative realisation to common freedom value objective facts

there where we can understand how humans are animals reactions that look sociable at birth bc slaves of not being self aware so enjoying the freedom out of all responsability, as soon as they get to b self conscious they hate others and everything without knowing how to deal with that fact

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
From a scientist's point of view, HATE it is a highly negatively charged atom repelling a highly positively charged atom (Law of Attraction).

which from some perspective prove that hate sense is meaning freedom superior existing fact

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

hating another is exactly the mean to not b associated to in same reality

so either u move away or u wish that it doesnt exist where u r present

u cant b real with what fundamentally is different even if it is a value too and even if it acts right
u cant b real in denying urself existence even in relative terms, it cant b constant so u loose ur freedom sense which is the exclusive positive reason of constant right id

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

The word hate can carry many meanings and it depends on the observers point of view. The act of hate is related on EA*RTH to:
- racism or disliking someone because they are of a different race and sometimes genre
- religious dislike for another religious group that is not yours
-*specieism (dont know if the word is defined but it speaks for itself) or the hate of another species due to FEAR and lack of education of the species (ex. some humans hating reptilians and some reptilians hating humans for no reason other then them being different ect.)
-hate of a job because you don't like it but do it for whatever reason to support
-hate comes in various forms it seems some ok hate when in positions to distribute but IF THOSE WHO DO HATE HAD TO EXPERIENCE IT 1 DOES NOT THINK THEY WOULD BE OK WITH IT.

On a cosmic or dimensional sense it could be for example a creature or creatures encounters this little universe and sees everything/being in it not from its realm and develops a hatred for every being related to this universe, in a way that creature or creatures is hating on this entire universe for whatever reason and takes all beings to destruction ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF IT HATING THIS UNIVERSES CREATIONS. THE THING IS THIS UNIVERSES BEINGS MAY NOT WANT TO BE NEAR IT AND TRY TO FLEE IT BUT CANNOT BECAUSE ITS ABLE TO SEEK THEM ALL. SO EVEN IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO DISTANCE YOURSELF YOU CANNOT AND MAY DEVELOP HATRED FOR THE CREATURE OR CREATURES NOT FROM THIS UNIVERSE AND THEN A UNIVERSAL WAR CAN BEGIN ALL FROM HATE..... So in a sense of KARMA hate on others then you cannot be mad if you get hated on by things that you didn't expect to exist. Once again its based off of the particular observing being and what they THINK they know about REALITY in concern with hate and what IS REALITY in concern with hate.

On an energy type level its a negative vibrating individual(s)who shows no respect for agenda non related to that beings personal agenda. And it can cause physical and potentially spiritual fails within the bodies of the hateful and cause fails on their outlooks on what they THINK reality is strong emphasis on THINK. Others distancing themselves from the hateful being(s) out of pure disgust of the hateful beings behavior and activities may occur or a down right regrouping of various CREATOR Creation energies to eliminate/WAR with the hateful generators in the vicinity may occur. LAWS of ATTRACTION may come into play here from 1 hateful being or beings resonating enough their energies may be seen by OTHER hateful beings which may call others more hateful or beyond hate and just prefer destruction of any unlike them to destroy the hate energy resonating unwell... No one can force ANY to LOVE or HATE its the wills of the individual beings to decide, its just if they decide hate and realize the source of HATE can hate them MORE it may be too late by then BUT IT IS THEIR FREE WILL.
Hope that helps OP

NAMASTE

edit on 4/13/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Nice Post!

For one to truly hate, he must see something he dislikes about himself manifesting in another. Any hate based on irrational ignorance, hearsay or faith, is not actually hatred, but stupidity. These days, I see more and more of the latter.

o really?? from where did u get that idea?? ur biblic bed??

true hate is the opposite to what u say, it is only when the perspective has no possible relation of being same with the one perceiving it that true hate exist
that is how the most common object of hate by everyone is to admit objective reality being free too from where subjects love to use positive reality for themselves
also what everyone hate is to give for nothing in return, in what everyone mean any of his move to b positive through more

Sorry? My biblical bed? Lost in translation I suppose...

Can you really justify hating something you don't understand? To hate something you don't understand is irrational and based on ignorance—stupidity. And since the only thing one can really understand is oneself and ones wants and desires, one can only ever truly hate themselves or parts of themselves. The rest is stupidity, mild inconveniences and annoyances.

Hate isn't some objective cloud of death hovering over humanity. Hate isn't something in a constant battle with love. Man becomes dangerous only when stupidty manifest itself. Stupidity—something that can arrise from both hate or love—is dangerous. Intention does not hold value when the result is dangerous.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

From your link:

One major difference between love and hate appears to be in the fact that large parts of the cerebral cortex – associated with judgement and reasoning – become de-activated during love, whereas only a small area is deactivated in hate.
Is interesting.

I'm fairly sure that people are more accepting of family than foreigners. Perhaps we're rational about people outside our family or our country but we're irrational about those who're close to us.

Does hate cause more rational judgment or does more rational judgment cause hate?

Say, for example, that you spot something undesired in yourself. The reasoning and judgment portion of your brain is involved. For one reason or another, you feel unable to remove it from yourself and dislike to attack yourself for this reason. So you instead turn to attacking others who have this trait. Or, alternatively, perhaps we're blind to objective criticism of ourselves and are limited to attacking others.

Note that I am comparing (roughly rational and subjective) criticism to hate.

But I'm not saying that this criticism is accurate. A person's reasoning is subjective.
edit on 13-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

And since the only thing one can really understand is oneself and ones wants and desires, one can only ever truly hate themselves or parts of themselves. The rest is stupidity, mild inconveniences and annoyances.

hmmm, is this where conscience comes in?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

From your link:

One major difference between love and hate appears to be in the fact that large parts of the cerebral cortex – associated with judgement and reasoning – become de-activated during love, whereas only a small area is deactivated in hate.
Is interesting.

Yea, loved this quote from the article,

but hate retains a semblance of rationality

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Interestingly, the thought of money (alone) makes us selfish:
www.livescience.com ...

In a series of nine experiments, researchers found that money enhanced people's motivation to achieve their own goals and degraded their behavior toward others. The concept of money, they suggest, makes a person feel more self-sufficient and thus more apt to stand alone.

The scientists said the study had nothing to do with making a person feel wealthy. When real or fake money, or even a photo of cash, was placed in sight of participants, they became selfish.
Many people associate selfishness with hate.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hate = dwelling dislike. One needs to be self aware because this emotion can consume you if not dealt with promptly.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

I have a looming (and silent) hatred of people who eat meat thoughtlessly. I eat it sparingly and only in those instances that I think I NEED it for nutritional value. Even then it feels wrong. I focus on b-12 supplements and getting the correct amounts fat. I cannot fully explain why I feel this so intensely at times. I think it's the slaughterhouse videos I've seen and also my unfortunate spate as a child with BB guns and birds. Maybe after killing a couple hundred birds my karma finally caught up with me.

This thread isn't about voracious meat eaters, but it's an example of a hatred I have. Ironically, I like cats more than dogs, yet cats are more of a carnivore than dogs. So that's quite the contradiction ain't it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

From your link:

Is interesting.

I'm fairly sure that people are more accepting of family than foreigners. Perhaps we're rational about people outside our family or our country but we're irrational about those who're close to us.

Does hate cause more rational judgment or does more rational judgment cause hate?

Say, for example, that you spot something undesired in yourself. The reasoning and judgment portion of your brain is involved. For one reason or another, you feel unable to remove it from yourself and dislike to attack yourself for this reason. So you instead turn to attacking others who have this trait. Or, alternatively, perhaps we're blind to objective criticism of ourselves and are limited to attacking others.

Note that I am comparing (roughly rational and subjective) criticism to hate.

But I'm not saying that this criticism is accurate. A person's reasoning is subjective.

Sorry I missed all of your post,

it is more likely that in the context of hate the hater may want to exercise judgement in calculating moves to harm, injure or otherwise exact revenge,"

calculating moves to harm, injure or otherwise exact revenge, when I think about it people could use these same tactics pursuing a love interest, its warped

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I hate worms ..... was once my motto as a child...... My older brother told me spaghetti was really worms .....no wonder my Mother was perplexed by my sudden lack of enthusiasm at meal teams.
You see I thought I ate worms so hated worms - it took me ages to get the mental image out of my head ....I am still haunted and traumatized by it ....Thanks big Bro

edit on 13-4-2012 by artistpoet because: worms

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Ahh so thats why you took issue with our friend there that speaketh not english...

I understand

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Hate wont end until all the humans from the 20s and 60s are all dead,so we are looking at about....say umm..............2060,and than all the hate, that they taught to there kids will end in...ummmmm,2129,the world will be a much better place in the year 2220,thats when alot of hate will be not on this earth any more.thats when the world will have reached the first golden age of life.

So you're saying that the two most progressive decades in the twentieth century that produced the most social change left a legacy of hate?

Btw I admire your level of faith in the field of medical science allowing the generations you mentioned to live for so long. I'm sure the super rich will. They have full access to all the new cures and treatments when they become available.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by artistpoet

Ahh so thats why you took issue with our friend there that speaketh not english...

I understand

Yes I associated him with worms
But he made me eat my words
His views scaled dizzy heights upon butterfly wings
Whilst I wriggled in the dirt of my worms eye view of the topic in hand

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
hate to me is fear unchecked. The unknown and unavoidable. I don't hate an opponent I know completely. I usually accept some of the things I don't like about them. But in the end what I hate is that which I fear. That which I don't understand and realize I do not understand.

That is why you shouldn't fear anyone or anything. In the end you won't hate. When you fear you also fear your response to that thing you fear. You end up hating yourself on some level. I fear not, I hate not. I do think it is that simple. My anger has purpose and is greater than any mad mans animalistic self convincing of an opponent's "meaning" or "threat" to them.

If I know you are a threat it is because I convince myself that I cannot know your intentions or your abilities in such a way so as to overcome them. That is fear. The unknown. Anyone would hate that situation. The perception of that situation is thought of as hate.

We dont hate. We dont even know what that is really to us personally. We just fear. That we do know.

edit on 13-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join