It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Again more speculation on Martins account for his defense which to be honest is questionable. I suggest you read the thread beezer put up in which he conducted a mock trial. The MSM has painted a picture of Zimmerman being guilty before his trial. Your little angel was a pot smoking wannabe gangster who was suspended from school. Yes he was followed but it was a gated community all he had to do was wait till Zimmerman car pulled up and he could have told him im staying here. Ps nobody is going to try an abduct a 6'1 17 year old male I'm guessing Trayvon martin saw too many Friday movies and thought the person following him was a cul-de-sac crip or something so he gets on the phone with his GF to sound cool then when he finds out its a smaller guy walking back to his car he decides to beat him up because Trayvon thinks he can take him. I mean if the person who couldn't find you is walking back to there car do you attack them or just wait till they leave? I love how the media painted the picture of skittles and soda pop like he was gunned down unexpectedly yet he managed to bash Zimmerman head into the pavement while holding skittles and a soda. Please take the blinders off. I believe both did stupid things but ultimately it falls on martin for getting violent because he was in the clear once Zimmerman walked back to the car yet decided to attack someone he didn't know in a place his fathers girlfriend owned so it wasn't like he was a regular there he was a guest and once he hid it was on someone else's property making that trespassing and Zimmerman was a moron for running into the situation and not letting the cops handle it they should be blaming this on stupidity not guns or community watch people or hoodies or "crackers"

First, you accuse others of speculation -- then precede to do nothing but speculate. And please stop demonizing a dead young man. The vast majority of 16 & 17 year olds are "wanna-be gangstas". If a viable solution is to shoot and kill all of them, there'll be a lot of dead bodies. I was a pretend gansta growing up, but was an excellent student and graduated at the top of my class. Its a rite of passage for any young male to act "bad", and if you don't understand this, then you don't understand human nature at all.

But, none of Martin's "mannerisms" had anything to do with what happened that night. The facts show that he was on his way back to his father's residence with some candy and a cold drink, while talking to his girlfriend on the phone. The fact that the girlfriend's account correlates exactly with the established timeline of when the confrontation occurred is extremely significant. The phone records, in addition to the 911 call, will show that there wasn't nearly enough time for any of the several scenarios already told by GZ to have unfolded.

As the facts are revealed, it is my hope that the people -- like yourself -- who have cast aspersions on Trayvon's character as being a contributing factor, will at least have the good grace to be embarrassed. GZ's lies will not stand up to the scrutiny of the evidence.
edit on 13-4-2012 by shepseskaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Out of curiosity where are you getting police cover up from? The stand your ground laws prohibits a person from being arrested when its self defense (yes I understand the opposing position on this. I am pointing out why the police did what they did).

The PA declined to prosecute based on the info at hand. Once the PA made that decision there is nothing else law enforcement can do. The decision to file charges is up to the PA and no one else.

So if you don't mind can you elaborate on why you think their is a police cover up?

The police, to my knowledge, never interviewed the person who was on the phone with Trayvon at the time of the shooting. When the cell phone was located, it should have been elementary for law enforcement to find out who the victim had been talking to and what the actual call time was according to the phone records.

GZ was never tested for alcohol or drugs, which should have been a basic step, to say the least -- especially in the case of a homicide. The police, though, made sure to test Trayvon for drugs, and the test was returned negative.

According to reports, Trayvon's body was kept as an unidentified "John Doe" for three days, while his parents frantically tried to find out what happened to him. There are some indications that the police knew who he was, but deliberately did not notify his next of kin. We'll see if that's accurate.

The case was actually closed, at the insistence of Police Chief Bill Lee and State Attorney Norman Wolfinger. If no national outrage had occurred, everything would have been swept right under the rug.

You seem to be placing a lot of faith in the fact that Wolfinger declined to prosecute. There are lots and lots of questions surrounding that decision, which is why the Governor of Florida removed Wolfinger and appointed the Special Prosecutor. Was GZ's father involved at all in the decision? We'll find out.

Why did Wolfinger reject the recommendation to charge from lead investigator Chris Serino? In fact, Serino was so emphatic about his disagreement with the decision not to charge that he filed an affidavit -- way before any national outrage happened, so it wasn't because of any outside pressure being applied to him.

Many observers of this case smell both cover-up and prosecutorial misconduct surrounding the situation for the reasons I've outlined, and many more. As the facts come out, we'll certainly become better informed.
edit on 13-4-2012 by shepseskaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Out of curiosity where are you getting police cover up from?

Gotta love the "disbelief" of this cop about cops covering stuff up. Of course, cops would never cover something up, right, online officer Xcathra?

Seriously, get some life experience and maybe you(plural, goes out to all those who are still being apologizers for a murderer) wouldn't need to show yourself off as idiots. Who in their right minds, DEFENDS A MURDERER?!?! Just because his skin colour has a light hue and it's like yours? Because he used a gun and you have a gun, plus you are paranoid and think the government is out for you and your guns?(partially because the president now has a skin colour with a darker hue than yours?). I've said it over and over again, but the lack of intelligence is just shocking and very obvious.

Or are you going to make an excuse like: "a man is innocent until proven guilty", while painting a dead teenager as the worst kind of drug slinging thug?! To make it worse, most of you racists and apologists for a murderer claim to be Christian!!!

"Matthew 7:5: You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by shepseskaf

I'm not sure if a lot of people know those facts. Probably by now they do, but in the beginning, it just looked like another attempt at a cover up by the local PD. What a mess! Policies & procedures are in place for a reason; see what happens when we circumvent them? That State Attorney is a fool.

Out of curiosity where are you getting police cover up from? The stand your ground laws prohibits a person from being arrested when its self defense (yes I understand the opposing position on this. I am pointing out why the police did what they did).

The PA declined to prosecute based on the info at hand. Once the PA made that decision there is nothing else law enforcement can do. The decision to file charges is up to the PA and no one else.

So if you don't mind can you elaborate on why you think their is a police cover up?

Sure thing, X. To clarify, I do not believe there was a police cover up. For those who will claim any kind of wrong-doing or inaction by the police, I believe the delay in bringing charges against GZ will fuel this. I don't think everyone realizes the responsibilities of each office, and like you said, that decision was left to the PA, not the police department.

As far as Stand Your Own Ground, we could probably sit here all morning and debate whether or not we believe it implies to Zimmerman.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
Who in their right minds, DEFENDS A MURDERER?!?!

Sorry, I might be a bit behind here but has the verdict been announced and he's already been found guilty then?

Do you have a link to it please?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
Sure thing, X. To clarify, I do not believe there was a police cover up.

Really? Seriously?

So, I suppose that federal officials are currently conducting a parallel investigation into possible violations of Trayvon Martin's civil rights because FBI agents like hanging out in Sanford? Or maybe they want to visit Disney World in nearby Orlando.

Hint: if it were obvious that the Sanford Police Department was on the up-and-up, and that their handling of this case was regarded as 'clean', the feds wouldn't be involved.

In fairness, the FBI is officially just looking into the civil rights issue, but by no means is SPD in the clear as far as cover-up allegations are concerned, for the reasons I outlined above.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

You nailed it. This is just people who are taking Zims side and giving him the benefit of doubt cause they are the same skin color and own guns. They are scared gun laws will tighten up over this. But anyone with 2 eyes can see something was VERY fishy about this whole thing and the way Zimmerman was treated with kid gloves that night.

His pictures have not yet shown a sign of a broken nose. The shooter was not drug tested but the victim is. This just makes zero sense and the ones who cant see this are biased for whatever reason.

The good thing is this thread will be here after the trial and PLEASE Zim supporters i wont no back pedaling from you guys when the evidence comes out he was in the wrong.

You stick by your hero and stick by your true colors once the evidence nails this chump. Your past ignorant posts will be thrown in your face cause ill be sure to stop by and serve a HUGE dish of crow for you guys and you need to man up and admit you were wrong when this happens.

These assholes always get away, yep Zimmerman you almost got away but not quite yet.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The shooter was not drug tested but the victim is.
reply to post by Deranged74

Agreed.
The shooter should have had blood drawn for alcohol and drug testing, IMO.

edit on 13-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I broke my nose in high-school, while doing the high-jump in track (knee came up when i landed and slammed into my nose) on the same day that we had pictures being taken for the yearbook. I don't have a disfigured nose, or anything and unless the slight swelling is pointed out to you in the picture, then you would never know that 10 seconds before the photo was taken I was wiping blood off my face with the underside of my shirt.

Am i wolverine nao?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

And did you fear for your life did the broken nose cause you to shoot someone LOL

Ill be here to take my lumps if im wrong, and i dont think i will be ..

Right now its just beating a dead horse until more facts come out..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deranged74
You nailed it. This is just people who are taking Zims side and giving him the benefit of doubt cause they are the same skin color and own guns. They are scared gun laws will tighten up over this. But anyone with 2 eyes can see something was VERY fishy about this whole thing and the way Zimmerman was treated with kid gloves that night.

Exactly, Deranged. The next thing to look for is whether the political big dogs in Florida will allow GZ's fate to be tied to their SYG law. I say, no. Ex-Governor Jeb Bush, for instance, called for GZ's arrest a while ago, and made it clear that the incident was not covered by the law.

I guarantee that right now discussions are ongoing among the top power brokers about whether they want to 'go to bat' for a loser like GZ, who clearly abrogated any protection under SYG by being the aggressor -- as outlined in the Prosecutor's affidavit.

If the big dogs decide to bail, the word will filter down and you'll see fewer and fewer prominent names defending GZ. Once that happens Georgie-Porgie will be all alone; and it won't be the girls he'll be kissing.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by lee anoma

I broke my nose in high-school, while doing the high-jump in track (knee came up when i landed and slammed into my nose) on the same day that we had pictures being taken for the yearbook. I don't have a disfigured nose, or anything and unless the slight swelling is pointed out to you in the picture, then you would never know that 10 seconds before the photo was taken I was wiping blood off my face with the underside of my shirt.

Am i wolverine nao?

This is true.
It really depends on the severity of the fracture. I have seen broken noses with varying degrees of visual damage. Some bled initially with minimal swelling, but the following day, the person had two black eyes, even though they were only struck on the nose. Others only bled a little with no black eyes and little swelling.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf
Hint: if it were obvious that the Sanford Police Department was on the up-and-up, and that their handling of this case was regarded as 'clean', the feds wouldn't be involved.

Hint: It's obvious that Eric Holder has a track record of racism and of inciting racist strife. The Sanford Police Dept is doing it's job. Florida is doing it's job. Eric Holder is just butting in ...

ATS Thread - Holder Praises Activist Al Sharpton While Invoking the Martin Shooting
And of course there is this -
Orlando Sentinel - Holder vows thorough review of Zimmerman case
:shk: In other words .. if the verdict isn't to his liking, he'll step in and override it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Shep I will tell you the main reason Zim has tons and tons of people supporting him. THE MEDIA they turned this into a race thing and people are tired of the race card and double standards. I guess some white people are taking zims side because of this they are making it a white v/s black thing because of the media and the long maxed out race card.

I am too, IM SICK OF THE RACE CARD and double standards, but im not blind I can ignore the media and go on the known facts to make my decision.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Again, how do you know Martin got violent or was a wannabe thug? You're screaming about the media painting a picture of Zimmerman...what about the one their attempting to paint f Trayvon?

Trayvon's troubles are assumed, while George's are documented.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You mean to tell me with a straight face it makes sense to drug test the guy who was shot dead and not test the shooter?

Im just appalled at that line of thinking.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Not necessarily.

In the Rodney King case, a complete internal investigation was done after the event happened. The cops were tried and acquitted. Then there were riots.

Then the feds got involved, for political reasons. The feds usually get involved for political reasons when it isn't a federal case to begin with, and this has no business being a federal case.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf
... a loser like GZ, who clearly abrogated any protection under SYG by being the aggressor -- as outlined in the Prosecutor's affidavit...

My god .. you people are really still at it??
'A loser like George Zimmerman' .... aren't you doing to Zimmerman what you complain about others doing to Martin? YEP. 'the aggressor - as outlined in the Prosecutor's affidavit' ?? guess what, the defense has affidavits saying the exact opposite.

No one has the facts .. and yet everyone is spewing rhetoric for whatever side they have picked as if it was absolute truth. Amazing. Zimmerman/Martin Madness ... it's epidemic.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Just like Wolfinger had no business driving 50 miles to reject the recommendation to charge from lead investigator Chris Serino

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join