It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Deranged74

I'm telling you that Eric Holder has his own motives for doing what he is doing. READ THE LINKS and stop projecting something onto what I said that isn't there. Holder has political reasons and personal bigotry for getting involved. He has a history in this direction. READ THE LINKS. You obviously didn't because your response to what I wrote was too damn fast.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by DZAG Wright

We have to jump to conclusions and show bias if we assume Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman however

Not when there is an eyewitness that placed Trayvon on top of Zimmerman on the ground, striking him in the head with his fists and slamming his head into the sidewalk.

Not an 'earwitness'. An eyewitness.

What eyewitness are you aware of that witnessed this? Did Zimmerman look like he had just been pounded? Have you ever beaten someone up or been beat up? Obviously not, because if you have any experience, you would know Zimmerman was not recently beaten when they took him into the station.

There are witnesses who vaguely saw a scuffle and "someone" on top but it hasn't been positively established exactly WHO.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Anyone who has time to call 911 48 times on very very minute issues is a loser imo. Did he even have a job other than patrolling this neighborhood 24/7 ?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Don't tell that lie! His girlfriend said Trayvon said he wouldn't run but walk fast.

Something to keep in mind when there is an actual trial:
The defense can easily dissuade the jury from taking what the girlfriend has to say (about her phone call with Trayvon) into account. She will testify as to what Trayvon said, then the defense will ask her if she actually knows what Trayvon did after telling her these things. Did she see Trayvon walk? Did she see Trayvon run? Does she know what Trayvon did?

She can only say what Trayvon told her.

My point still stands that you just blatantly lied for Zimmerman...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Thats the thing it seems most people in these threads are choir boys OR lying about the fights they have seen or been in.

I know what a butt kicking looks like,, Ive seen people way more messed up than Zim was and they lived and didn't shoot anyone.

This guy was not in a life threatening fight anyone who says otherwise has no fighting exp at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Hint: It's obvious that Eric Holder has a track record of racism and of inciting racist strife. The Sanford Police Dept is doing it's job. Florida is doing it's job. Eric Holder is just butting in .

No, that's incorrect. Why don't you explain why you feel that Eric Holder has a "track record of racism"? That's a very serious accusation to make, and it would have to involve much more than just speaking with Al Sharpton. In fact, if I were Holder, I would view that statement as slanderous. Please provide some reasons as to why you made that statement.

As far as the SPD, a blind mouse could see that they've bungled the case from Day One, whether intentionally or not. I will give the lead investigator some slack for wanting to arrest and charge GZ right way, but the rest their work on this case has been laughable.

I defy you to find any reputable source who thinks that SPD is doing an above-board job.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Not necessarily.

In the Rodney King case, a complete internal investigation was done after the event happened. The cops were tried and acquitted. Then there were riots.

Then the feds got involved, for political reasons. The feds usually get involved for political reasons when it isn't a federal case to begin with, and this has no business being a federal case.

So you cite one case, and all of a sudden conclude that whatever happened then automatically applies to this case?

I don't have the time to waste in a really appropriate response, but there is a significant question of whether Trayvon Martin's civil rights were violated the night of the shooting. That has federal jurisdiction, and that's why the FBI is running a parallel investigation.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

a middle-aged, out of shape and overweight man

The OLD picture of Zimmerman depicts him as overweight. The recent photos and videos depict him as quite thin and in shape, looking like he'd have no problem holding his own. However, if you want to use old photos, then we have an out-of-shape overweight man who killed a 12 year old child. Don't whine about the media using old photos of Martin and then go and do the same thing. That's called hypocrisy.

Middle-aged? I'm middle-aged. I'm 40. 28 is a young adult. And if you're going by the OLD photo of him from 5 years ago, that would have made him 23.

(Question, though, that i don't know the answer to. There is an old-ish photo of Martin in football uniform but was he still active in the sport at the time he died?)

So taking away your fantasy of a middle-aged, overweight and out of shape guy against a buff football player, in real life, we have a very much in-shape, thin young man gunning down a 17 year old tall & thin young man.
edit on 13-4-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Don't tell that lie! His girlfriend said Trayvon said he wouldn't run but walk fast.

Something to keep in mind when there is an actual trial:
The defense can easily dissuade the jury from taking what the girlfriend has to say (about her phone call with Trayvon) into account. She will testify as to what Trayvon said, then the defense will ask her if she actually knows what Trayvon did after telling her these things. Did she see Trayvon walk? Did she see Trayvon run? Does she know what Trayvon did?

She can only say what Trayvon told her.

My point still stands that you just blatantly lied for Zimmerman...

Uh, you may want to point out the lie, so that I may respond to your claim that I am lying.
Please, be specific, don't just throw my whole post up and call me a liar.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You can't ask for a more complete rundown of this case than here.

As Andrew Cohen of The Atlantic said, “You can’t ‘reasonably’ be trying to avoid serious injury or death, you can’t be doing something absolutely necessary to spare your own life, if you are at the same time chasing down the very person you claim to be deathly fearful of.”

Also note the Funeral Director for the Sanford PD stated that Martin's hands show no signs of bruising, cuts, scrapes, or swelling indicative of fighting.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf
No, that's incorrect.

No .. it's correct. You just see what you want to see. Holder is racist. He even carries around his little 'Im a black man first' card in his wallet to remind him that he's to put race first. To use your words .. even a blind mouse can see this. READ THE LINKS ... obviously you didn't because if you had, you would know the truth of my statement.

if I were Holder, I would view that statement as slanderous.

Awwww .. poor racist Holder ... would it hurt his feelings? I don't care. It's the truth.

I defy you to find any reputable source who thinks that SPD is doing an above-board job.

I defy you to admit that a reputable source that disagrees with your bias is really reputable.
You won't accept anything that doesn't agree with your bias.

Again .. the Martin/Zimmerman madness strikes. What a waste of time and bandwidth. You people have fun arguing the so-called 'facts'. Enjoy yourselves. When the real facts come out ... which ever way they go ... THEN an adult discussion can take place. Until then ... it's just a waste and looks silly ..
bu-bye

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Here is a picture of Martin, A RECENT PICTURE. This is only weeks before the shooting.

Look at the broad shoulders, and the gunz he must have 17-18" biceps, check out his barreled chest this guy has to be benching 350 lbs at least.

I dont blame anyone for fearing this guy he is huge and would make Super Man think twice before tussling with him.

LOL end sarcasm

I state any 28 y/o who needs to shoot this kid while he is unarmed is not a man. Thats my opinion.

If i were Zim supporters id be embarrassed too because you are basically admitting you would have to shoot this unarmed kid. LMAO
edit on 13-4-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

reply to post by shepseskaf

Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty...

Secondly you and a few others have major comprehension issues. You guys are incapable of understanding the difference between arguing how the law / process works and whats involved and a persons actual position on the issue.

Since you guys like to make comments at me while ignoring my points because you don't understand the law / process let me help you out -
Zimmerman - Martin Racial profiling thread - my response from back in March

There is a difference between a personal opinion based on a persons moral / ethical standpoint and a person who responds to comments to explain procedures and how the law / system works.

If you guys spent more time reading / comprehending and less time making asinine comments due to ignorance we all might be able o take something away from the thread.

On the off chance you are not understanding - an example
A person who works for the prosecuting attorney's office has 2 viewpoints they must deal with. The first is the position of the AG / PA when it comes to how laws are to be enforced. The second is the personal position of the employee.

That employee is expected to do their job regardless of personal feelings.

My argument in this thread deal specifically with the law and procedures and how it works. My personal opinion on the topic, had you guys bothered to read instead of just accusing, does not parallel my legal argument.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Your honor, I rest xCat's case.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Since you deal with law is it normal to drug test the victim and not the shooter?

Since your the expert and everything let me know.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No .. it's correct. You just see what you want to see. Holder is racist. He even carries around his little 'Im a black man first' card in his wallet to remind him that he's to put race first. To use your words .. even a blind mouse can see this. READ THE LINKS ... obviously you didn't because if you had, you would know the truth of my statement.

No, you're incorrect. There is nothing in any links you provided that show a scintilla of evidence for a "pattern of racism" with regard to Eric Holder.

Awwww .. poor racist Holder ... would it hurt his feelings? I don't care. It's the truth.

Trolling. Name calling. Reported.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Yes, innocent of 2nd degree murder, which he has finally been charged with, until proven guilty in court. Even if he is acquitted, he is far from innocent. We're not looking at him as a suspect. He did it. It was his gun that he himself pulled the trigger on. That is not in question and that alone makes him a killer.

Thank goodness this isn't a court room here in this internet forum. It is quite clear from a legal standpoint that the evidence has to be beyond a reasonable doubt for whatever the jury may find him guilty of, but even if they don't convict him of anything, he will always be guilty to me. He had plenty of opportunities NOT to kill Martin. Plenty. More than plenty--even if he was defending himself.

So, in my own humble court of public opinion here on this forum, he is a coward and took the life of an unarmed teenager for no reason. I wouldn't make a very good juror. But if somehow I ended up on a jury in his trial, there'd have to be some pretty strong evidence (like voice analysis or new eyewitness or video of the event) for me to find him guilty of 2nd degree murder. I would have no problem convicting him of manslaughter.

edit on 13-4-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Just like Casey Anthony trial, the basic fact is anything short of Video some people seem to would not convict on.

Some people basically need a video of the person in the act before they would convict.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
post by Xcathdra

A in shape 28 y/o yes look at him recently he isnt fat or out of shape shot and killed a unarmed 17 y/o who was a beanpole.

Thats all the facts i really need.

Unless their is video or proof Zimmerman was being beat to death or Martin was armed which i have seen no injurys or evidence to support a near death beating or armed Martin i will stick by my opinion.

In order for Zimmermen to get my vote he needs to show some serious injurys and not little scraps.

Injurys that would at least require a ER visit and he didnt go there.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join