It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Annee

What does right wing have to do with this?

Really Annee, please stop,

Zimmerman was a democrat,

edit on 073030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

A registered democrat who ran to Hannity...

If I wanted to guess he was soon to be changing his political party...but it's just an assumption.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by shepseskaf

I agree about comprehensive however its what the prosecutor is stating her entire charge on. Nothing in the affidavit supports a murder 2 charge. A PC is suppose to state the charge and then the essential facts to support the charge.

Im not sure how identifying information which is not a crime -
Following Martin
Confronting Martin (which is in question)
Words with Martin (in question)
Dispatch stating dont follow (not against the law to ignore).
Noting she allowed mom to listen to the tape to ifentify her sons voice....

- supports her argument and position.

Her entire PC statement says I am charging him with murder 2 because Martin was shot and killed and nothing else. I am actually amazed the judge foud the PC valid and supportive of the facts.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I am actually arguing this case (on the Zimmerman) with my dad..

I'm trying to explain your very point: that it's NOT ILLEGAL to ignore the dispatcher, whether he did or did not.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I agree about comprehensive however its what the prosecutor is stating her entire charge on. Nothing in the affidavit supports a murder 2 charge. A PC is suppose to state the charge and then the essential facts to support the charge.

Im not sure how identifying information which is not a crime -
Following Martin
Confronting Martin (which is in question)
Words with Martin (in question)
Dispatch stating dont follow (not against the law to ignore).
Noting she allowed mom to listen to the tape to ifentify her sons voice....

- supports her argument and position.

Her entire PC statement says I am charging him with murder 2 because Martin was shot and killed and nothing else. I am actually amazed the judge foud the PC valid and supportive of the facts.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I am actually arguing this case (on the Zimmerman) with my dad..

I'm trying to explain your very point: that it's NOT ILLEGAL to ignore the dispatcher, whether he did or did not.

Your right its not illegal. But it is being used against him because it goes to show his state of mind along with his statement 'these a'holes always get away' and 'f'ing punks'. He had presumed Trayvon a criminal and then pursued him after being advised not to by police dispatch, So not following orders from dispatch isn't illegal, but his state of mind is what escalated and then contributed to an illegal act.

so you right, its not illegal, but its very important to this case to show what his intents may or may not have been.
edit on 12-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
how about the fact that he lied to the dispatcher? the dispatcher said we dont need you to follow him, he said ok. why did he lie to the dispatcher?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Zimmerman put himself into this situation. He instigated the confrontation with this young man. He had no authority to pursue him. That was a huge mistake. If he did what a member of a watch group is supposed to do; call the authorities and report what you see as suspicious and let the police question the individual. You don't take the law into your own hands and stalk a person.

The courts will decide his fate, but his actions are questionable. I agree the police screwed this case up, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the officers who arrived at the scene sided with Zimmerman on pure speculation.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

He went looking for trouble that night...and he found it, unfortunately for both of them. Had he followed the advice of the dispatcher none of this may have transpired.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I would love to see his jury i bet they will all be African Americans lol he will get railroaded we all know this anyone believing that once the president said it could have been his son knew it. I should start selling tee shirts/hoodies that say free the Latino cracker with his picture and make a fortune.
edit on 13-4-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
I would love to see his jury i bet they will all be African Americans lol he will get railroaded we all know this anyone believing that once the president said it could have been his son knew it. I should start selling tee shirts/hoodies that say free the Latino cracker with his picture and make a fortune.

Excuse me, but an innocent young man is dead -- for no reason at all, other than the fact that GZ felt compelled to act like a vigilante. I think that people conveniently choose for overlook this fact.

Why should GZ get any sympathy or empathy at all? He didn't display an ounce of either towards Trayvon. It was his actions, and his actions alone, that caused a tragedy that night.

It is my hope that a jury of any composition of races will see this clearly.

This is not a case of being "railroaded". GZ should get exactly what he deserves -- a long stay in prison for murdering an unarmed individual who was on his way back home with some iced tea and Skittles. A person who was not looking for any confrontation at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf

Excuse me, but an innocent young man is dead -- for no reason at all, other than the fact that GZ felt compelled to act like a vigilante. I think that people conveniently choose for overlook this fact.

Why should GZ get any sympathy or empathy at all? He didn't display an ounce of either towards Trayvon. It was his actions, and his actions alone, that caused a tragedy that night.

This is not a case of being "railroaded". GZ should get exactly what he deserves -- a long stay in prison for murdering an unarmed individual who was on his way back home with some iced tea and Skittles. A person who was not looking for any confrontation at all.

I think the OP is commenting on the politicalization of the shooting. Nothing more. And while we cannot argue how tragic this incident is, it is disturbing to see our politicians trying to capitalize on this shooting during an election year. I think people are conveniently overlooking that fact. I'm confident GZ will get what's coming to him. He'll be held liable both civilly and criminally.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
No he should have approached Trayvon as a responsible, adult by introducing himself and the entire tragedy could have been avoided. That's what many people are also over looking.

For instance i would have "Hello sir, my name is ________ and I'm the neighborhood watch, how are you this evening?"

Do you not see how that would have defused any possible problems? Yet, everyone wants to lump it on the kid that he should have just instantly bowed to this stranger following him. This alone makes Zimmerman deservant of a prison term.

I understand what you're saying, but GZ shouldn't have approached Trayvon at all. Period. He should have stayed in his car and waited for the police. Or he should have gone on to the store, or wherever he was headed that night.

Another thing about this tragedy that is not being discussed is what was GZ's demeanor when he got out of his car? What was it about him that immediately put Trayvon to flight? A perceived aggressive threat, I would say.

GZ was absolutely incapable of approaching "politely", and as noted above, he shouldn't have been approaching anyone that night.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

It's not.

However it could make him potentially LIABLE for whatever may take place if he does.
Case and point...he's been arrested for the murder of the teen he chose to follow and confront.

I must say this though, for a man that recently had a broken nose and refused medical attention, his nose has healed up spectacularly!

Before broken nose:

After broken nose:

If he really had a broken nose with blood streaming down his shirt as claimed, refused medical attention and ended up looking the same as he did before that injury...Wolverine from the X-Men has nothing on him.

- Lee
edit on 13-4-2012 by lee anoma because: typo

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
I think the OP is commenting on the politicalization of the shooting. Nothing more. And while we cannot argue how tragic this incident is, it is disturbing to see our politicians trying to capitalize on this shooting during an election year. I think people are conveniently overlooking that fact. I'm confident GZ will get what's coming to him. He'll be held liable both civilly and criminally.

The shooting was politicized on the same night that it occurred. It should be noted that the lead detective wanted to arrest and charge GZ immediately, based on the evidence he saw and his interview with GZ. He did not believe GZ's account.

State Attorney Norman Wolfinger drove 50 miles down to Sanford to veto that very sensible police recommendation. At that moment, a political hack caused the case to go off the rails. A lot needs to be examined as to what caused that decision. Was it influenced by GZ's father? We'll see.

Had GZ been charged that night, with at least manslaughter, none of the ensuing national outrage would have erupted. Yes, politicians are using the incident for political means, to attack the SYG law, but things never would have gotten as heated as they have if GZ had simply been charged.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

There's a difference in weight between those two pics as well. I'm wondering if the bottom pic was taken when GZ was younger.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I'm not sure if a lot of people know those facts. Probably by now they do, but in the beginning, it just looked like another attempt at a cover up by the local PD. What a mess! Policies & procedures are in place for a reason; see what happens when we circumvent them? That State Attorney is a fool.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf

Again more speculation on Martins account for his defense which to be honest is questionable. I suggest you read the thread beezer put up in which he conducted a mock trial. The MSM has painted a picture of Zimmerman being guilty before his trial. Your little angel was a pot smoking wannabe gangster who was suspended from school. Yes he was followed but it was a gated community all he had to do was wait till Zimmerman car pulled up and he could have told him im staying here. Ps nobody is going to try an abduct a 6'1 17 year old male I'm guessing Trayvon martin saw too many Friday movies and thought the person following him was a cul-de-sac crip or something so he gets on the phone with his GF to sound cool then when he finds out its a smaller guy walking back to his car he decides to beat him up because Trayvon thinks he can take him. I mean if the person who couldn't find you is walking back to there car do you attack them or just wait till they leave? I love how the media painted the picture of skittles and soda pop like he was gunned down unexpectedly yet he managed to bash Zimmerman head into the pavement while holding skittles and a soda. Please take the blinders off. I believe both did stupid things but ultimately it falls on martin for getting violent because he was in the clear once Zimmerman walked back to the car yet decided to attack someone he didn't know in a place his fathers girlfriend owned so it wasn't like he was a regular there he was a guest and once he hid it was on someone else's property making that trespassing and Zimmerman was a moron for running into the situation and not letting the cops handle it they should be blaming this on stupidity not guns or community watch people or hoodies or "crackers"

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
If he really had a broken nose with blood streaming down his shirt as claimed, refused medical attention and ended up looking the same as he did before that injury...Wolverine from the X-Men has nothing on him.

They will have to release the report from the EMT's sooner or later, and I get alittle feeling that it will not work all that well in Zimmerman's favour. Considering the circumstances, the mugshot, his appearance and casual mannerism at the station in the police footage, I think he by the least exaggerated his own personal outcome in the incident. It's a waiting game, they'll only release those reports in court.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Football emphasizes physical fitness for PROFESSIONAL athletes

Football emphasizes physical fitness for all of it's players, from peewee league all the way up through the NFL.

Visit a local high school sometime. Most have a weight room that is used by the students. The weight room is usually crowded with, from my experience, football players and wrestlers. You either know next to nothing about football, or you are being disingenuous.

The fact that Trayvon was a football player does have a bearing on this case. A high school tennis player would have a 'leg up' on a middle-aged, out of shape and overweight man.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

We have to jump to conclusions and show bias if we assume Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman however

Not when there is an eyewitness that placed Trayvon on top of Zimmerman on the ground, striking him in the head with his fists and slamming his head into the sidewalk.

Not an 'earwitness'. An eyewitness.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Don't tell that lie! His girlfriend said Trayvon said he wouldn't run but walk fast.

Something to keep in mind when there is an actual trial:
The defense can easily dissuade the jury from taking what the girlfriend has to say (about her phone call with Trayvon) into account. She will testify as to what Trayvon said, then the defense will ask her if she actually knows what Trayvon did after telling her these things. Did she see Trayvon walk? Did she see Trayvon run? Does she know what Trayvon did?

She can only say what Trayvon told her.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

I'm not sure if a lot of people know those facts. Probably by now they do, but in the beginning, it just looked like another attempt at a cover up by the local PD. What a mess! Policies & procedures are in place for a reason; see what happens when we circumvent them? That State Attorney is a fool.

Out of curiosity where are you getting police cover up from? The stand your ground laws prohibits a person from being arrested when its self defense (yes I understand the opposing position on this. I am pointing out why the police did what they did).

The PA declined to prosecute based on the info at hand. Once the PA made that decision there is nothing else law enforcement can do. The decision to file charges is up to the PA and no one else.

So if you don't mind can you elaborate on why you think their is a police cover up?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join