It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by Deetermined

True, it's a spiritual book.

That is except for where it touches matters of History. In that regard archaeologists are confirming it's historical accounts with perfect precision.

I could write a book of fiction that incorporated actual historical events into it, but it would not make the book as a whole factual.

Using your logic, the movie "Forrest Gump" is a true story.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

That is except for where it touches matters of History. In that regard archaeologists are confirming it's historical accounts with perfect precision.

I could write a book of fiction that incorporated actual historical events into it, but it would not make the book as a whole factual.

No, that's your logic.
The Bible isn't a fictional book. The Bible is a spiritual set of books, with historical events in it. If you want to call it Forrest Gump, fine. But, in your life there will be many times God will show you the truth, you just have to be ready. I hope you're ready.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace

No, that's your logic.
The Bible isn't a fictional book. The Bible is a spiritual set of books, with historical events in it. If you want to call it Forrest Gump, fine. But, in your life there will be many times God will show you the truth, you just have to be ready. I hope you're ready.

How do you know as fact? You don't - You've latched onto a belief and now you're just hoping you're right.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace
No, that's your logic.

No no no, you don't understand, it is real, and it is fact, it is the truth, the only truth, you know how I know this? BECAUSE IT EXISTS, it has historical facts, and it speaks to your squiggly, you must have faith or you will forever freeze in the land of gump. You must repent to be saved from dancing, I will pray for you so that Forrest will show you the way, you just have to be ready, I hope you are ready.
edit on 4/13/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/13/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Is there a 'Church of Gump' where we all show up sporting crew cuts and leg braces? That would actually be kind of fun. It would be like going to a Halloween party with Vietnam veterans.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Yes, and after the service, everyone must fellowship and drink shrimp cocktails.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

You forgot chocolates!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

You forgot chocolates!

Chocolate Donuts you mean? Have you been studying? If you are not careful and don't do your studying of the great book, your squiggly will be damned to freeze forever in the land of gump!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

No no, you know, the infamous box of chocolates scene.

Also, would Lt.Dan be the priest?

Anyways, I'll stop now. I don't want to get an off topic warning.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

You mean unlike the Christians in this thread who declare what they say to be FACT? Like somehow that declaration actually makes it fact?

Christians don't have to declare anything. All we need to do is quote what the Bible SAYS. Notice I said what the Bible "says", and not "what the bible teaches, alludes to" or "a better English translation would have been...".

All I need to do is post a verse of scripture pertaining to the conversation at hand. Once complete it is the Holy Bible and God you have to argue with, not Christians.

GENESIS 5:2 "MALE AND FEMALE created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created."
(Notice the woman does not have a name in God's eyes...? She took her husbands name, just like all women do when they get married, if they are not feminist Nazies.)

Ya, I'm sure you could run Biblical circles around a cardinal. uh-huh, ok.

With my eyes closed. Literally. Any day of the week. Didn't you watch the video?!?! This cardinal (as well as most others) don't even BELIEVE THE BOOK THEY DEVOTED THEIR LIVES TOO!!! It is the very definition of hypocrisy.

Mark 7:9, 13
"9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own TRADITION.
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your TRADITION, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye. "

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I am interested to know if you believe the Bible to be literal

The Holy Bible is literal, except where it is clearly not: Such as the beasts described in Daniel and a few other places. This of course is a literary usage many authors take when writing.....after all...the Bible is a BOOK, wrote by men inspired of God, subject to the laws of literary persuasion & phonics.

or open to one's own personal discernment

The Bible is open to one's own personal (spiritual - 1 Cor 2:14*) discernment while God is talking to you from its pages......but the Doctrines & prophecy of the Holy Bible are NOT open to one's own personal (2 Peter 1:20**) discernment.
Also, things that are clear in the scriptures are not up for personal discernment. And as of today, April 13, 2012, 95% of the Holy Bible is clear cut and EASILY understood to me and most other Christians. That other 5% though....well....good luck! (Old Testament stuff) Still waiting on insight and a few things

*1 CORINTHIANS 2:14
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually DISCERNED."

**2 PETER 1:20
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private INTERPRETATION"

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

If Adam didn't exist, why is he mentioned again in the New Testament in the list of genealogy, according to
Luke 3:23-38?

www.biblegateway.com...:23-38;&version=NIV;

Because they weren't the first mana and woman. They were the first of a particular fsmily tree.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MobiusShaun
reply to post by korathin

One guy built a 450-foot wooden boat and somehow put two of every animal (and seven of every "clean" animal) on it, including the animals living on continents that hadn’t been discovered yet (which means he also must have discovered and explored all of the Americas and Australia, not to mention climbed the Himalayas,.... what for?

Australia had been discovered by the Aboriginal people 40,000 years ago. What you mean is it hadn't been discovered by people from the middle east (such as Noah), or Europeans.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

IMHO its not rational whatsoever to use a straw man argument then in the very next breath call it someone else's logic.

Just a thought there friend.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
When you add Aliens into the "myth" as the gods who created adam and eve, it is kind of making sense. But then again, we never know what is real or not. We can't even be sure if we're really living that everything is not an illusion or some sort of a simulation. So I say, let's all be neuter about these kind of stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is a very interesting documetary / movie, worth watching, Reguardless of your religious believes , the movie makes some really great observations about what is happening in the world today and how the bible offers insight into why and what we are seeing,

TPTB do believe in Satan, and are working toward his end game, that's a fact if you look into the Luciferian teachings behind the Illumanati. To dimiss God, Jesus and the bible seems foolish to me in light of this fact.

Why is it that Obama "messed" up on his "oath" of office while his hand was placed on the bible, and then when he re-took his oath in private there was no bible?

How can we explain soooo many near death experience where people report going to Heaven or Hell, and this includes children too. The people that glimpsed Hell NEVER want to go back there, and often have profound life changes afterwards.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

These are just a handful of testimonies from people who have had these "out of body" experiences, but as you look more closely into this it's quite amazing how similiar all these experiences are, and how terrified the people that glimpsed hell were.

I completely understand how our intellect seems to be at odds with "faith", but I deeply feel there is something "bigger" then us that will influence our destiny in eternity.

Now for those who think "faith" is a cop out, I would suggest having "faith" is actually very hard, one has to "suspend" what they see as "logic", risk ridicule from others based on a "book" that has been edited and is very confusing to interpret, but in my heart of hearts I KNOW we shouldn't turn our backs on GOD, lol, and hey he knows it's hard too, but if you "really" listen and see, his miracles are all around us.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Science, philosophy (although really good) physics and mathematics has failed to answer the one crucial question, what happens to us when we die. Majority of all religious text have some common elements of the afterlife

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by artistpoet

I am interested to know if you believe the Bible to be literal

The Holy Bible is literal, except where it is clearly not: Such as the beasts described in Daniel and a few other places. This of course is a literary usage many authors take when writing.....after all...the Bible is a BOOK, wrote by men inspired of God, subject to the laws of literary persuasion & phonics.

or open to one's own personal discernment

The Bible is open to one's own personal (spiritual - 1 Cor 2:14*) discernment while God is talking to you from its pages......but the Doctrines & prophecy of the Holy Bible are NOT open to one's own personal (2 Peter 1:20**) discernment.
Also, things that are clear in the scriptures are not up for personal discernment. And as of today, April 13, 2012, 95% of the Holy Bible is clear cut and EASILY understood to me and most other Christians. That other 5% though....well....good luck! (Old Testament stuff) Still waiting on insight and a few things

*1 CORINTHIANS 2:14
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually DISCERNED."

**2 PETER 1:20
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private INTERPRETATION"

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my questions.

Each has their own association with their Creator through their soul their thoughts and feelings
No one needs a priest or any other or even a book to know their Creator

Would you agree or not?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by CaptainBeno

If Adam and Eve were "created" then why do they have belly buttons in all the pictures? Was that the creators version of the Pillsbury doe boy poke and laugh?

Perhaps, for most of the depictions it was an unconscious rendering by the artists. There were some early artists who intentionally drew them with navels. They weren't satirical embedded quips, but the product of their specific stance on that theological dispute.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I feel anger over cardinal Pell's remarks. He sat there with his arms folded and with a solemn face he stares into believers homes and tells them that what they know to be true is all a lie. Then the renowned atheists firmly rests his hand on Pell's shoulders and nods his hand. He is anti-Bible, in essence he is the Satan.

Apparently, Mr. Pell has very little respect for the institution for which he is employed and I feel that there should be disciplinary actions against him. His status in the church has dealt no blow to my faith or the Bible. He is not the authority on the Bible, nor the Catholic church, or any man on the face of the Earth. The kingdom of God is within you.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join