It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by RyanFromCan

I'm not going to lie. I have serious concerns as to where the Catholic denomination is leading Christianity in general. I think it might end up putting a big black mark on Christianity as a whole.

I think organized religion in general is taking us down this road.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I agree. That's why the Bible says that in the end times that there will be a falling away from the church and we're already seeing that happening. People are leaving in droves.

I'm still trying to figure out your thoughts on the Bible. So, you believe the Bible is a good tool for how to live your life and it's gone so far as to assist in your belief of the Trinity. What other parts do you hold true and what parts do you have a problem with?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I agree. That's why the Bible says that in the end times that there will be a falling away from the church and we're already seeing that happening. People are leaving in droves.

Perhaps the people that wrote it knew that we would eventually get sick of being stupid and ignorant.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

In a nutshell, I believe in the Bible as a body of truth, but not Literally true, it is a collection of ancient allegories, moral and ethical stories to teach us how to live.

I realize you figured out my reference to the Holy Trinity.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
Perhaps the people that wrote it knew that we would eventually get sick of being stupid and ignorant.
The Bible is pretty popular. Either it's true or it's not. Either way, it is a personal path for every individual on Earth.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The Bible teaches us about more than how to live. It teaches us about what's going to happen in the future, like the falling away from the church and the signs in Israel being signs of the end times. This is why I take so much of it literally. A lot of the prophecies foretold came true and continue to come true as pointed out in Revelation.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

In a nutshell, I believe in the Bible as a body of truth, but not Literally true, it is a collection of ancient allegories, moral and ethical stories to teach us how to live.

I realize you figured out my reference to the Holy Trinity.

John 3:12 'I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?'

The Bible is literal, if not it's no better than Saturday morning cartoons.
edit on 11-4-2012 by addygrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace

The Bible is pretty popular. Either it's true or it's not. Either way, it is a personal path for every individual on Earth.

Only with certain demographics. I believe it would offend some to name them.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The falling away from the church doesn't have to do with whether the Bible is true or not. It has to do with so many churches becoming greedy, corrupt and not following the Bible. Another reason we're going to see a falling away of the church is because of all the New Age religions coming in teaching universalism and enlightenment. I have to be careful when I use these words because "enlightenment" can mean different things to different people. Some of the things people are being "enlightened" about are coming from spirits that are meant to deceive instead of actually enlighten. Be prepared, because the world is getting ready to face more deception than it's ever seen before in every aspect of life whether physical or spiritual.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Adam and Eve never existed.

How this is news to anyone is mind boggling and hilariously sad.

Welcome to reality, religious sheep.

Mine of information there, an all inclusive rubbishing of the bible perhaps?

To be fair you can only be right or wrong, the bible however is something else, the writers 'seem to know' for instance that the world is round, nice one. The in betweeners were fraught in some cases by simple logic,

Saint Augustine, (even though the argument for a round earth was much accepted, but not widely, before his time) and even though the icons of the bible say as much.

"But as to the fable that there are Antipodes, that is to say, men on the opposite side of the earth*, where the sun rises when it sets to us, men who walk with their feet opposite ours that is on no ground credible. And, indeed, it is not affirmed that this has been learned by historical knowledge, but by scientific conjecture, on the ground that the earth is suspended within the concavity of the sky, and that it has as much room on the one side of it as on the other: hence they say that the part that is beneath must also be inhabited. But they do not remark that, although it be supposed or scientifically demonstrated that the world is of a round and spherical form, yet it does not follow that the other side of the earth is bare of water; nor even, though it be bare, does it immediately follow that it is peopled."

That long winded paragraph is no different than studying a video of 'Orbs' in the sky, when you use logic to make something seemingly strange, but ultimately mundane or vice versa.

*The Earth as a flat disc.
edit on 11-4-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Honestly, I have no idea why people of ancient times held sacrifices as a form of worship, but they did. Animal sacrifices did not start with God. From what I gather, it started during the times of ancient gods and idol worship, but God did not order them to do away with it, but he did put laws and limits into place for how it was continued to be done.

The Jews or Romans did not kill Jesus as a form of sacrifice. They only thought they were punishing Jesus for stating that he was the Son of God. God told the Jews that He was going to send them a Messiah and when Jesus showed up, the majority didn't believe Him. God turned Jesus into a sacrifice for them (and for the rest of humanity), without them realizing it. Jesus told his apostles about God's ultimate plan of sending him as a sacrifice, but Jesus spent most of His time preaching to others about God and left it to his apostles to spread the word about His death after He was gone. After Jesus' death, He rose from the grave and visited His apostles to tell them to spread the word about life after death and how his own death led the way for this to happen. Otherwise, there would not have been life after death for humans. It wasn't until Jesus proved life after death to them that He had them preach about it and how it came to be. It took a perfect sacrifice to eliminate sin so that we could all have eternal life.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Wow. And then he floated up into space to remove any evidence that he ever existed. Your god couldn't have found a less violent (a NON-violent) way to convey this message?

Can you look at what you've written here and see the insanity of it--> The Jews or Romans did not kill Jesus as a form of sacrifice. They only thought they were punishing Jesus for stating that he was the Son of God.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

There's a difference between no evidence at all and being blind to the evidence that's put before you. Most people will turn a blind eye to evidence that they don't understand.

How right you are! People SEE the evidence that the bible is full of crap and they refuse to see it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The Bible teaches us about more than how to live. It teaches us about what's going to happen in the future, like the falling away from the church and the signs in Israel being signs of the end times. This is why I take so much of it literally. A lot of the prophecies foretold came true and continue to come true as pointed out in Revelation.

The book has every calamity imaginable in it. It's not prophecies, it's a matter of being bound to hit on some of them. I could write a list of what the weather might be like in my region for the next ten years and I guarantee that I will hit rain on a rainy day many times.
edit on 4/11/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What? "Violent" vs. "Non-Violent"? You do realize what era we're talking about, right? What form of execution existed back then that wasn't violent?

I'm sorry if my comments sound insane to you, but there's only so much you can explain to someone who isn't familiar with the story or the Bible.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by Archangelelijah
The Sun is Male with The Earth being Female (Mothernature) giving birth to us all. This is the hardware of the universe while the software is the knowledge of humans through spirit.

I am not attempting to derail your post as I agree with the essence of it.
Out of interest I have quoted a part of your post to add - The Sun is not always seen as Male nor the Earth Female.
In the Ancient Egyptian concept of Creation The Earth is seen as Male IE Geb who makes love to the overarching heavens - Nut, a Female who wears a garment of stars.
To add also that The Sun gave birth to the Earth
edit on 11-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

Yes, you are correct in stating the Sun originally gave birth to Earth as the sun is a birth Star. Sun of God, meaning God all stars combined! But for life to form on earth, water was required at 0pt! The closer you go to the sun water evaporates and the further away you go it freezes!
Humans are living batteries of Negative and Positive energy with our inner spirit the positive of water and external negative which is why we need law in every way from Law of the Land, each individual countries law to assist an individual and law of the sea which produced trade with each country trading there goods of Gold and produce! This is how Banks were formed using law of the sea or international waters. Banks got there name from the banks or borders of a country forming finances for the people of the country.
Time comes from Sun worship! The Earths Calender rotation of the Sun.
In the physical world numbers have got humans to where we are today.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Coincidence of prophecies happening in the Bible?

I don't know. How coincidental will this be?

"Behold, the Day of the LORD is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. For I (God) will gather ALL the nations to battle against Jerusalem" (Zechariah 14:1-2)

4) For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up. 5) Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the LORD is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant. (Zephaniah 2:4-5)

Israel and Jerusalem: The Road To Armageddon

www.alphanewsdaily.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Archangelelijah

All religions and cultures are worshiping the positive spirit of our inner Mind, Heart & Soul.

This is what being human and living is all about. Like a child attending school!

Be positive, do right and good for everyone like you would have done to yourself.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

What? "Violent" vs. "Non-Violent"? You do realize what era we're talking about, right? What form of execution existed back then that wasn't violent?

I'm sorry if my comments sound insane to you, but there's only so much you can explain to someone who isn't familiar with the story or the Bible.

With this I now have to ask, if times were so different then, and therefore not in line with today, what makes certain elements of the bible outdated, and other parts not, take Leviticus for example, we eat pork, women leave the house while "unclean" we work the sabbath, we don't stone adulterers anymore, nor children who disrespect their parents (which was contrary to the thou shalt not kill commandment I might add), we get tattoos, we shave our beards, all things we are not to do in Leviticus, because they are not applicable to modern society, yet those same people who say that it does not apply anymore will be the first to quote Leviticus 20:13 when the question of homosexuality comes up? I could write a book about the inconsistencies concerning killing as a punishment-and not killing as it is a sin. And that is not even looking at the the inadequacies in the bible.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Here's an article that can give more details on the New Covenant than I can in this limited space.

"Why do Christians not obey the Old Testaments commands to kill homosexuals and disobedient children?"

carm.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I was not looking for a link, I want you explanation please. What is your justification for this? Now that we have the link, it would be interesting to see if your opinion parrots the link.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join