It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jiggerj

If you really want to know, which I don't think you do, here are some prophecies that have been fulfilled for you to ponder:

www.100prophecies.org...

LMAO!!!! You can't prove prophecies by pointing at one section of the bible and then point to another section of the bible that corroborates it, and say, "See!"

You are so far gone, my friend. No need to respond, for I will no longer respond to someone so brainwashed.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I admit that there certainly is an "orderly harmony in all that exists" which one can, in my opinion, rtionalize as God's hand. I think it's a huge leap to then go into Genesis and relate the various "days" to physics problems, as I've seen some try to present. Very creative and imaginitive for sure, but not very honest or factual.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

LMAO! You do realize that some of these events concerning Israel, Babylon, Tyre, Nineveh and Egypt are of historical record where you can look them up and compare them against the dates of other history books don't you?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
For those who are interested in watching the debate in full and getting some context:

It's actually a pretty good debate. I've been watching it off and on throughout the afternoon.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Is God an orphan who does not know who or what created Him just that He is and so knowing no other such being.

A lonely being surrounded by potential matter which he molded into the Universe and it's hidden realms
Creating other beings by giving them of His essence like a seed for the soul to water.

A being of all intelligence and knowledge through the invisible connection to the souls he created who seek truth
Or is He a mere accident of a statistical possibility - do atoms think - do they have souls and intelligence
If not then what is real - what is love.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

oh come now, that wasn't an interesting debate, that was a pathetic display of "maybes". Every AUTHORITATIVE thing these two educated fools said was prefaced with "Possibly, maybe, probably, in all likelihood, I think, or it is generally accepted".

They said nothing without first casting doubt on WHAT THEY SAID. It was sad and embarrassing to listen too.

Give me a single dime store King James Bible and I could have made both those fools look like the scared school children they are.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I am interested to know if you believe the Bible to be literal or open to one's own personal discernment

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Next thing you know they'll debunk Santa!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

fair enough.

I still found it to be entertaining none the less.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Star128

Oh c'mon! You mean to tell me the Jolly Fat Man isn't real?

Who was that mama was kissin' then?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star128

Did you know SATAN is an anagram of SANTA

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by Star128

Oh c'mon! You mean to tell me the Jolly Fat Man isn't real?

Who was that mama was kissin' then?

She kissed Satan but she was drunk

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

LMAO! You do realize that some of these events concerning Israel, Babylon, Tyre, Nineveh and Egypt are of historical record where you can look them up and compare them against the dates of other history books don't you?

We know that the stories of the bible were written anywhere from 60 to 300 years after the death of Jesus. Can you find me a prophecy in the bible that came true after that time, with specific dates, names and events? It's no good if an obscure prophecy declares that an eagle will eat the bear, or that we will know the end of time apporaches when a whale beaches itself and dies. These types of false prophecies can be made to fit any given circumstance.
edit on 4/12/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/12/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by KJV1611

fair enough.

I still found it to be entertaining none the less.

Same here, but I did notice that the questions didn't really stick to the proposed theme of the show, which was Does religious belief make the world a better place? The only relevant questions were: Is it child abuse to tell a child that he will go to hell for being bad, and the question that dawkins called trivial: Even if there's no god, would it be bad if believing in him helped us to live longer.

I still could've watched another hour of it thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

I admit that there certainly is an "orderly harmony in all that exists" which one can, in my opinion, rtionalize as God's hand. I think it's a huge leap to then go into Genesis and relate the various "days" to physics problems, as I've seen some try to present. Very creative and imaginitive for sure, but not very honest or factual.

Not so whatsoever. If you're interested u2u me.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Please don't refer to history books as 'other' history books, when referring to ther bible - it is not a hsitory book.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Garfee because: sp typo

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by Star128

Did you know SATAN is an anagram of SANTA

So now satan makes the world joyful and happy and this god....is vengeful and destroys and kills and...this religion needs new PR guy.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

reply to post by jiggerj

Please don't refer to history books as 'other' history books, when referring to ther bible - it is not a hsitory book.

True, it's a spiritual book.

That is except for where it touches matters of History. In that regard archaeologists are confirming it's historical accounts with perfect precision.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Satan like Santa is not real and a story to frighten or excite children
Though there really is a Satanic Father Christmas in Satanic Religion - I wont go into the gory details
Yet though Satanism is real and exists there is no Satan.
Our modern day Santa was the invention of Coca Cola - Red Suit - White beard - Bag of toys etc
St Nicholas wore a black attire - Old Nick as in the devil
All is made up balony but believed in by gullible ones - There is no Santa there is no Satan just the deciet of Man

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

oh come now, that wasn't an interesting debate, that was a pathetic display of "maybes". Every AUTHORITATIVE thing these two educated fools said was prefaced with "Possibly, maybe, probably, in all likelihood, I think, or it is generally accepted".

They said nothing without first casting doubt on WHAT THEY SAID. It was sad and embarrassing to listen too.

Give me a single dime store King James Bible and I could have made both those fools look like the scared school children they are.

You mean unlike the Christians in this thread who declare what they say to be FACT? Like somehow that declaration actually makes it fact?

Ya, I'm sure you could run Biblical circles around a cardinal. uh-huh, ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join