Originally posted by McC556
what are the chances of there being a alien atack
our galaxy is 200–400 billion stars, approx.100,000–120,000 light-years in diameter and 1000 light years thick.
andromeda galaxy is approximately 2.6 million light-years from Earth and is thought to have up to 1 trillion stars.
humans have established the presence of life in the universe, and the possibility to leave a planet, and explore other planetary bodies in our star
every day we take another step forward towards scientific progression while running on automatic evolutionary functions that we are co-pilots of.
where 'alien' intelligences develop;
- how fast do they develop within the environment relative to how fast we did?
- how much does the environment influence their ability to become technologically advanced?
(what is it/they composed of?)
- are they the dominant species of their planet or have they created utopia?
- are they spirtual/athiest/warlike/nomadic?
- has their star gone supernova?
- when did they/when will they leave their planet, to find ours?
- did they find it while mapping?
the amount of stars capable of hosting life (200-350 billion at least) between these two galaxies alone indicates to me there could be civilizations
all over the map each more different than the last. that said, they could be on their way right now for a hundred different reasons
the chances are there, just like the chance humans were given when we manifested on a planet, and went to space. it just takes the right evil alien
species going in the right direction at the right time because they could
edit on 9-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)