It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stretch of sand/beach disappears at Los Frailes,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Once again, taken separately this is probably not that unusual. But toss this on top of the growing 'what the heck is going on' list of late then -----this can be worrisome.

What's weird is people heard explosions! Really? Is THAT normal?
The very last line said this was probably due to a fault line?

The red line is where the beach was:

Disappears stretch of beach in BCS (the lines indicate the area Missed)

Los Cabos, Baja California Sur. – Today at 5:00 am took a sort of explosion and disappeared a stretch of beach in Cabo Pulmo Los Frailes, Baja California Sur.

The municipal delegate of La Ribera (municipal seat of the area), William Sández Puppo said that such a phenomenon had never happened in the area. Reports that 20 years ago something similar happened, but never of the magnitude as that seen now.

With the arrival of the holiday of Easter, and under many families, often camping on the beach in Cabo Pulmo Los Frailes for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of Holy Days, the delegate warns vacationers who are preparing to arrive at the area, if they do not camp out near the area of beach, then disappeared millions of tons of sand and it is unknown what had happened.

The inhabitants of the region are atonic, although it is believed that the phenomenon was caused by a fault.

maragrace.spintheweb.net...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"Unprecedented" is good enough for me to know something is not right here.

Then we have Antarctica and its seismic activity lately.
Plus all the strange noises/booms heard around the world. Coupled with the 'California-sized' crack in our planet's magnetic shield/field and all the animal die-offs. Not to overlook the 'tornadoes' on the Sun etc etc etc.......................

Hey you know what? You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist like me to admit things aren't looking, feeling or sounding right anymore.

Right now (10:30 PM) authorities of the place led by the municipal delegate, William Sández Puppo, they head to the area to personally aware of this phenomenon is not known if it is associated with seismic activity reported yesterday that there the prestigious newspaper Tribuna de los Cabos.

the municipal delegate, William Sández Puppo say is that it seems that this is a natural, "

He mentioned that since the beginning of the week there were indications that the sea was moving substantially in place, but what happened last night is unprecedented, as reported to have disappeared a large stretch of beach. And they are not artificially reclaimed land.

poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Wow, There really are getting to be too many coincidences as of late. This is a really interesting one. My first question was "Will land disappearing continue? To what extent can the ground disappear there?" and finally is there any major fault lines running under this area?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If someone hasn't already...we should start a continually thread where people can come and post weirdness they find or in their area. You just might see a pattern developing or see something you didn't see before.

I agree w/ the OP when seeing the word extraordinary ..... This makes this 1 of those eye- brow lifting wOt???? lol

I would definitely add this to a running wtf thread.... lol

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This person from another forum is considering the Michigan crack from early last year (or late 2010?) and this overnight erosion phenomenon might be linked.
It's out of my comfort zone to even comment on it seeing I don't know about tectonic plates and fault lines. Can anyone with any geographical and tectonic knowledge ring in please?

I just realized that the Michigan Crack Out Back in Menominee, MI www.youtube.com... lines up with the sites of the Wisconsin Booms. poleshift.ning.com... In addition to that, the story about the missing beach in Los Frailes, Baja, CA sur Mexico has also been bothering me all day so I decided to look at the location on a map as well. At first I saw that the beach was actually an inland beach which made no sense with regard to the possibility of something like a rogue wave being the cause of the sudden loss of beachfront. I then zoomed out and saw that it looked like Los Frailes also lines up with the Wisconsin Boom / Michigan crack line! (more) poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I don't want to come off like an alarmist because we can potentially have enough on our plate to deal with but that map I added above (from that other forum) sure is starting to look like predicted future maps!! Especially the Michigan part.
Scary to even think about!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If they're saying people can get sucked into the sea then if I were a vacationer, I'd stay the hell away from south California right now!
People reported hearing strange noises in that area a few weeks ago too!
I'll try to locate those reports/story.

MEXICO. In Los Frailes, a town in the region of Baja California South, an area of ​​13,000 meters of beach disappeared. The strange phenomenon was caused by specific geological event called the "cascade of sand into the sea" or "marine cascading" which are micro-earthquake and its aftershocks (tremors).

Access to the place - which is part of the polygon Cabo Pulmo National Park, environmental preservation area - was closed to residents and tourists as a security measure.

The phenomenon is a real danger for people - who can be swallowed by the sea in the event that new manifestations that simply, suddenly, can suck, to the depths, extensive portions along of the bed of beaches, draging the living beings that can, eventually - be there.

brazilweirdnews.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Even if I tried forcing myself to, I simply cannot consider these are all separate events. In the year 2012, there's way too many mysteries and unknowns going on all at the same time.

March 30, 2012 Albuquerque, New Mexico - Since February 2012, Earthfiles has received an increasing number of loud, jolting boom reports from all over North America - and one report from Latvia. So, the March 18 to March 28, 2012, persistent booms in Clintonville, Wisconsin, are part of a larger pattern that are not explained by the March 20, 2012, small 1.5 magnitude quake that USGS recorded in the vicinity of Clintonville.

Here are some of the similar loud, jolting boom reports received and organized in chronological order beginning with February 2012 and going forward in time through March 2012.

1)

Mysterious boom heard from Soledad to Seaside, California,
at 10:51 AM on March 26, 2012.

Huge boom sound was reported at 10:51 AM Pacific
on Monday, March 26, 2012, after it rattled residents in Soledad
(bottom right circle), Chualar, Pebble Beach, Carmel, Monterey,
Salinas, Marina and Seaside (middle circle), California.

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Come on, where is everyone? Does everyone go out on Friday nights now?
I'm just anxious to hear people's opinions!!
Damn, maybe I should've put this in the 2012 forum to garner more attention?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Come on, where is everyone? Does everyone go out on Friday nights now?
I'm just anxious to hear people's opinions!!
Damn, maybe I should've put this in the 2012 forum to garner more attention?

Do not worry the troll are busy derailing other thread right now
They should be here any time now
But my view is you got something there something is coming down the pipe
I can’t prove it either
Just my Nickel Worth
Remember we drop using penny here
edit on 7-4-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

This person from another forum is considering the Michigan crack from early last year (or late 2010?) and this overnight erosion phenomenon might be linked.
It's out of my comfort zone to even comment on it seeing I don't know about tectonic plates and fault lines. Can anyone with any geographical and tectonic knowledge ring in please?

,,,. I then zoomed out and saw that it looked like Los Frailes also lines up with the Wisconsin Boom / Michigan crack line! (more) poleshift.ning.com...

Wow, looks like a novel major North American plate/fault to replace the old one deep down below.

Who knows whats going on below north america's crust. hollow earth, subduction, yellowstone?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
at first i thought it could just be a shelf that collapsed....

but a land slide(underwater) is plausible.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Hopefully someone fluent in Spanish can confirm this: Interview with a scientist who says what happened at Los Frailes is a natural phenomenon. The sand accumulates until it become unstable, and then falls off an escarpment right offshore. At the beginning of the video is an aerial photo from 2002 showing the beach was where it is now, after the sand disappeared.

But I agree that this being part of a larger picture/harbinger of doom is far sexier.

edit on 7-4-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

poleshift.ning.com...

Hey, I love that site. They still debating the moon being upside down?

Say hi to Nancy "Show Me the Nibiru" Lieder for me.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well i totally agree. The more and more i hear about these "mysterious happening" i'm leaning more and more towards superwave theory, with the conjunction of the "gas" cloud we are passing through. I know I know pseudoscience malarky, but really, do we have a clue? I for one, have always been a fan of the road less traveled, makes for a crazy adventure and sure does develop character. Cant wait to her what the causes are for this im 10 yrs from now telling this story to my grandkids. Lmao. Man its gonna be funny.
...I hope

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
At first reading your post I thought natural erosion but reading what was a stretch of beach is now 140 feet deep, that is huge. I am curious if further south where there has been so many quakes if they have had a significant change in the ocean's floor.

I don't really think that the Wisconsin booms are related, anyone can draw a line on the map. I do believe that there is a chance of an unnamed fault awakening in the Clintonville area. Where it goes, I will wait and see.

Thanks for this OP.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
at first i thought it could just be a shelf that collapsed....

but a land slide(underwater) is plausible.

For me it's not so much how this is happening opposed to WHY this is happening!
Thanks for posting
I was wondering where all the ATSer's were last night!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
At first reading your post I thought natural erosion but reading what was a stretch of beach is now 140 feet deep, that is huge. I am curious if further south where there has been so many quakes if they have had a significant change in the ocean's floor.

I don't really think that the Wisconsin booms are related, anyone can draw a line on the map. I do believe that there is a chance of an unnamed fault awakening in the Clintonville area. Where it goes, I will wait and see.

Thanks for this OP.

I think because there were 'explosions' or boom-noises prior to this beaching-event, ties these places up.

In fact, I truly believe there's a central and prime connection to all of these anomalous events lately!
One consideration?.......another celestial body entering in our inner solar system.
I have another thread on that too!

Thanks for posting

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I really am surprised this thread isn't getting more attention! I was really hoping for someone who understood tectonics and all that jazz to come and inform us. I guess this is just that out of the ordinary, 20 flags and just a few responses. I think your on to something just as bizarre as all the trumpets and earth groans!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join