It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stretch of sand/beach disappears at Los Frailes,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You can clearly see the mechanics of this beach slippage in the pic you posted. The sand bar drops into deep water just a few meters past the water line. Tide and local currents will have chipped away at the base of the beach until it was no longer able to support it's own weight. This is the reason that the geometry of the new stretch of beach is almost identical the original leading edge of underwater foundation of the beach.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Similar to what happened in Queensland last year. Beach erosion is pretty normal.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I wonder if this could have been a methane pocket eruption? Either an ignited bubble or one that breaks through the surface allowing anything above to fall into the footprint it came out of.

The sand right at the shore would might give it an easier place to push through.

Nothing died due to asphyxiation so that could be an argument against a large Methane release but since there was a reported explosion maybe it ignited somehow.

Very weird regardless.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
very interesting i wonder if it was gradual like the tide or like the sand just went WHAMP!!! (yes with that exact noise) and water suddenly rushed in to fill it but either way its very strange

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Probably liquefaction from the last big quake they had and it has been sliding since then, it just now hit the beach.

These strange things going on today are very telling of a world wide quake, the whole Pacific plate will shift and toss every fault line out of whack for there.

That would explain the future maps we see of the U.S.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It looks like when logical and non-doom explanations are void, they might start using the ol' 'fracking' reason.

Yup. I knew this would come in handy soon. Just in time for the New Madrid fault line to give way too!

Take a look at this new thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-4-2012 by Human_Alien because: typo

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetriswoooo
very interesting i wonder if it was gradual like the tide or like the sand just went WHAMP!!! (yes with that exact noise) and water suddenly rushed in to fill it but either way its very strange

Not sure but apparently it was overnight though.
Scary if ya ask me.

I live right over the bridge from the Atlantic Ocean. One day I'm expecting the beaches to disappear here too soon.
Although erosion is a very big concern here in south Florida it can hardly be compared to this event.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

You're right

You can see the sandbar.

I just don't like the timing of it especially learning that people down there heard booms days before this 'erosion'

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
I really am surprised this thread isn't getting more attention! I was really hoping for someone who understood tectonics and all that jazz to come and inform us. I guess this is just that out of the ordinary, 20 flags and just a few responses. I think your on to something just as bizarre as all the trumpets and earth groans!

That was my feeling too yesterday when I first posted this.
I don't know why 100 people per hour aren't chomping at the bit here and giving their opinion.

I don't care about stars or flags (contrary to a jealous poster.)
I have enough.
This is about exposure and bantering about possible causes.

Thanks princeguy

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Looks like nothing more than a case of longshore drift to me.......

en.wikipedia.org...

Go back to 2002 using Google earth timeline and it looks almost exactly the same as it does now,move the timeline slider and watch how the shape of the beach changes in the intervening period.This is sort of natural and we'd be in trouble if long shore drift DIDN'T take place.If I wasn't on the way out right now I'd do an animated GIF that shows this.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
Looks like nothing more than a case of longshore drift to me.......

en.wikipedia.org...

Go back to 2002 using Google earth timeline and it looks almost exactly the same as it does now,move the timeline slider and watch how the shape of the beach changes in the intervening period.This is sort of natural and we'd be in trouble if long shore drift DIDN'T take place.If I wasn't on the way out right now I'd do an animated GIF that shows this.

Once again, people reported hearing boom sounds prior to this happening. That alone sorta kinda sets this a part, no?

Why did their publication use the word 'unprecedented' if this is normal?

This also happened, overnight!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Great thread! I get so irritated when I see something like this happen and the only responses are "so? that's normal" or "maybe its low tide or high tide" or some other bs. this is serious, we should be pay attention, and it is obviously a pattern. Great input! Hope this thread continues.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There's just too many weird things going on, just in the past month I've had like 50 WTF moments and this is another one. Loud explosion then a whole part of a beach is missing? WTF

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The mere fact that the beach has a history of doing this makes it quite normal. Would you prefer everyone to come unglued every time there is a solar maximum or an earthquake? They are events that happen in a cyclical fashion. We already know how and why this beach has disappeared. I see no further reason to parade it around as if it is a once in a lifetime event that signals the end of the universe.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orderamongchaos
The mere fact that the beach has a history of doing this makes it quite normal. Would you prefer everyone to come unglued every time there is a solar maximum or an earthquake? They are events that happen in a cyclical fashion. We already know how and why this beach has disappeared. I see no further reason to parade it around as if it is a once in a lifetime event that signals the end of the universe.

I'm just asking, could you show me anywhere in history where world-wide booms were heard within a calendar year?
Thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Guys... thats very common at Los Frailes (the reason why fishermen don´t have "pangas" there anymore), it happens every 15-20 years, and most of the sand comes back a couple years later.
There's an underwater canyon a few meters from the shore, that's why this happens. And before anyone asks, I live at San Jose del Cabo (1 hour drive from Los Frailes), so I know all of this first hand.

Please stop with the fearmongering-2012 cr4p

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayo153
Guys... thats very common at Los Frailes (the reason why fishermen don´t have "pangas" there anymore), it happens every 15-20 years, and most of the sand comes back a couple years later.
There's an underwater canyon a few meters from the shore, that's why this happens. And before anyone asks, I live at San Jose del Cabo (1 hour drive from Los Frailes), so I know all of this first hand.

Please stop with the fearmongering-2012 cr4p

Hey now! Plenty of us have been conspiracy theorists long before 2012. I've been one circa: 1997!

And....we're also not stupid.

We realize the speed of information almost caught up to the speed of light. So we're getting a lot more info in a lot less time. We're just trying to decipher it all.

But to sit back, pop open a can of brewsky and say 'everything is copacetic' is an insult to ones observation.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You're looking for a connection to all of this when the common denominator is quite simple: Earth.

Lets just decide that Earth is going through an un-average change. We don't need scientists to confirm it for us. We're all seeing it and it is very obvious. Any scientist won't be able to stake a claim to these changes until AFTER the fact.

And no, the Earth isn't going to kill us all. Considering all these odd 'wtf' events people are reporting I'd say the Earth is being quite a gentle host.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I'm just asking, could you show me anywhere in history where world-wide booms were heard within a calendar year?
Thanks

Could you show me that the booms are actually world wide? As far as I know, they've been centered around locations that have experienced them before and likely will again. If you would like a more detailed history on them, see here:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Earthquake record keeping is fairly new, the earliest reference to these booms that is shown on the page is in the 1886.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Could you show me that the booms are actually world wide? As far as I know, they've been centered around locations that have experienced them before and likely will again. If you would like a more detailed history on them, see here:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Earthquake record keeping is fairly new, the earliest reference to these booms that is shown on the page is in the 1886.

Unfortunately there wasn't a Boom-hotline set up so the reports are scattered around the world.

I'm sure someone somewhere on the web composed a nice neat boom-list but honestly?....I'm not interested.

If you are, please see what you come up with and ...you know where to find us if you get any news

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join