It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Your view should be pretty much the same as mine then, like the photo I posted on the previous page. I'm more or less on the border, that's the Solway in the pic.
edit on 6/4/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

The view there is probably similar to where I grew up, though I am now in the south of England, where even now the sunlight is very white and glaring, I have taken some pictures but ATS isn't loading them despite renewing Flash player.
edit on 6-4-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
This has been stated many times. As we grow older, our eyes come more sensitive to light. I'm 22 and I still see Sun as golden, but it comes whiter as we age. Kids see it different, they can see its color, but for older people its too bright to notice colors. Same effect for sky, kids see sky as blue, older ppl see it white. Also spending time on computer makes light sensitivity higher. Kids haven't yet ruined their eyes looking monitor 24/7

Sun is getting brighter, but we don't notice it because process takes millions of years.

But older people see better in dark than kids, as eyes are more sensitive to light.

And we would see if Sun is getting brighter from plants, their color would change little.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

At last an educated and sensible answer and not one that's wrapped up in urban myths and hippy folklore.

Thinking about it now,even when I was a LOT younger I could never do anything more than glance at the sun for more less than a second or so anyway,and I still can't so for me as I said before nothing has changed.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Holy crap, I thought I was the only one that remembered the sun like that!!

I thought it was just part of getting older, I remember very well how awesome it was when the sun went down while at the beach.

It's so bright nowadays I HAVE to wear sunglasses outside.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by shortsticks

There's all this talk during the first few pages of people who look at the sun on purpose and seemingly stare at it. I knew a guy who did that and has a permanent hole in his retina. Not a good idea, or something to be encouraged. If the sun attracts you so much by all means, worship it, but from afar when it comes to eyesight.

I posted lots on this subject and if you start slow your eyes will be fine

MOD NOTE

Repeated exposure to bright sunlight without adequate protection can damage the cornea (the outer transparent part of the eye that transmits light to the retina), the lens (the part of the eye responsible for focusing), and the retina (the innermost layer of the eye that transmits an image to the brain).

www.sightandhearing.org...

edit on Fri Apr 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I remember dusk seeming longer, staring at the sun with my friends to see who could stare longest.
I also remember days seemed longer.

I'm chalking it all up to perception due to age.
When you're a kid, or at least I was and schedules meant nothing we had no concept of time.

Remember time, and perception itself is relative.
Now that we have things to do schedules to keep the devil nipping at our heels everything is rushed.
For those fortunate to be able to take two week or longer vacations where they don't have to check email or make calls or use the interweb for anything ,save a map or two, you might have noticed towards the middle of the vacation the days get "longer".
In the beginning you are close to the work schedule and towards the end you know the schedule is returning but in the middle it's all about ignoring time.

I think the same principle can be applied to the suns apparent brightness and dusk dawn.
When we were kids the sun just signified play time, now it's the task master the sends us to work and brings us home.
We know that based on where the sun is and how bright it is how much more work we can get done, if stores will be open or closed.

I think it's all perception.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

There's all this talk during the first few pages of people who look at the sun on purpose and seemingly stare at it. I knew a guy who did that and has a permanent hole in his retina. Not a good idea, or something to be encouraged. If the sun attracts you so much by all means, worship it, but from afar when it comes to eyesight.

If people do this on your recommendation and damage their eyes which is the most likely thing to happen,will you be happy to pay out all the compensation claims out of your own pocket when they sue you?

What we have here sounds like something out Stan Lee's "Super humans" program.You know the one where some guy can whack himself in the head VERY hard with a hammer and not suffer any injury? Or the Indian man who can conduct hundreds of volts of AC electricity through his body,something that would kill any normal person? Or the man who can withstand high enough temperatures to melt a camera left in the room with him? There's lots more of course but these are examples of extremes that would probably kill 99.99% of people on earth,but that 0.01% are able to survive these extremes because something in their body has mutated (if that's the right word) to make them different to the rest of mankind.You and a VERY few others eyes are probably altered in the same way,but the majority of the other 7 billion people on earth will suffer permanent damage to their eyes if they do as you say.Human eyes "toughening up" under exposure to strong light is a medical impossibility.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have to say that i agree with the asumtion the sun is whiter.Also the problem with saying it is a degradation of eye site over the years isnt supported unless the trees dont look as green, or the color of your house isnt the same ect. it wouldnt be only the sun, and sky that looks diffrent if it was a eye site issue.Photographers also have added intresting data which is supportive of the assumtion the sunlight we see is changing.As for the scientific evidence derived from observations and equipment in space, it is speculative at best.If we knew everything there was to know about the sun and its mechanics there would be no need to observation,and sattilite study of the sun,but the fact there is both leads to the conclustion we do not fully understand ,and cannot manupulate,predict,or rule out any changes supported or unsupported.scientific fact is a misnomer,there is only scientific evolution ever changeing to understand what is.Todays fact is tommoros fiction,this is proven relentlesly through history.I would also like to add ALL so called scientific proof is started from observation,and the post here are just that observation.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am not a religious zealot or nutbar. I respect the teachings of each religion for the simple reason that a lot written in these holy books are right. For example the ten commandments: what can you possibly find wrong with those?
-You shall have no other Gods but me. (you can distort this into saying this is a totalitarian way of imposing a rule on us humans. However, God made you and all that we can experience, He is not fooling you when He says that He is the One and Only. If you think nothing made you then you are just placing your faith in nothing but it's still blind faith because you too have no proof hence the statement: "I believe in..." belief not= truth)
-You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it. (Sorry Justin Beiber your not God or any sports team player or president or even the pope)
-You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God. (Don't disrespect your creator)
-You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy. (Stores are open on holidays and Sundays leaving no more time to rest: WORK WORK WORK pay your bills consume forget where you came from and listen to the other fake gods who are only men like you and me)
-Respect your father and mother. (The Lord has created your parents and they created you RESPECT those who gave you life. For one day you shall be the creator of something and you will appreciate its respect)
-You must not kill. (For obvious reasons)
-You must not commit adultery. (For obvious reasons)
-You must not steal. (Again for obvious reasons)
-You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.(Don't lie your not smart enough to get away with it anyway)
-You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour. (Be happy with yourself. It's not about having what you want. It's about wanting what you already have. Heaven is within all of us)

Following those ten rules will most probably have you lead a peaceful life with enough clarity and moral, mental support to live long, prosperous and harmonious lives. Unfortunately, look around you MANY are breaking these rules: many in participating in the armies of the world, Zionist who claim to abide by these rules and fool us into thinking they are what they say, your best buddy taking advantage of another girls naivety to have sex and cheat on his girlfriend (the same can be applied to a girl obviously), jealousy, greed, worshipping all sorts of fake idols like Michael Jackson, Stephen Hawkins and the pope. (I am not saying they are bad souls but people get carried away and act like fools when worshipping them. Also, they didn't create anything next to the Lord). I am sure everybody on ATS can find one example of each commandment being broken in their own lives and surroundings which causes pain and distress on other souls.

That being said:

Isaiah 30:26
The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the LORD binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.

Let us understand the work of the Most High with our best tool which is science for those lacking faith. Yes, science and religion are not like oil in water but more like salt in water. The mixture will surely give way to a flow of energy in the right direction; right back down to earth. (analogy for electricity conductivity in water and the nature of electricity looking to go back to earth much like we (humanity) need to replant our feet on earth again in case you didn't get it)

So I pose: Has the moons luminosity increased over the last decade or two? Because if the sun is shinning stronger then the moon will too right?

The moon is the closest heavenly body from us which would make it easier for people like you and I to measure as opposed to relying on further objects or NASA who we are not sure who they serve.

If we measure the moons luminosity from earth we have to factor in the possible smog/atmospheric pollution that can distort our readings. I think it is best to rely on measuring devices (cameras, infra-red or other. Any ideas?) since our eyes are not all made equal and can be a potential source of error. Not to mention, that our memories are selective and can omit or add events.
I for one trust what the revelations are saying. Based on the facts I gave earlier that the teachings DO lead to a higher path from personal experience. The 10 commandments are STILL right and I am sure that most can agree to those at least.
Other possible sources of the sun appearing different is the earth' tilt. If it has changed this could entail that the colours of the sun will be different as the atmosphere acts like a prism refracting at an angle the wavelengths of the sunlight filtering, shortening or elongating them.

The possibility of a holographic illusion can be used to fool us into thinking the sun getting brighter. NAture of atmosphere changing. And...?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There are no beautiful sunsets anymore, the ones that turned the sky to all colours. The last one I saw was just over a year ago. I live at the beach and it was one of the reasons why I loved living here. There's a slight orange at dusk, then darkness. The dramatic sunsets are gone. Pollution is supposed to make sunsets more dramatic, but that hasn't seemed to add to it. I really do believe, as stated in my previous post, that we need to prepare ourselves for a massive solar-flare.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There are no beautiful sunsets anymore, the ones that turned the sky to all colours. The last one I saw was just over a year ago. I live at the beach and it was one of the reasons why I loved living here. There's a slight orange at dusk, then darkness. The dramatic sunsets are gone. Pollution is supposed to make sunsets more dramatic, but that hasn't seemed to add to it. I really do believe, as stated in my previous post, that we need to prepare ourselves for a massive solar-flare.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx

Originally posted by mayabong

If people do this on your recommendation and damage their eyes which is the most likely thing to happen,will you be happy to pay out all the compensation claims out of your own pocket when they sue you?

What we have here sounds like something out Stan Lee's "Super humans" program.You know the one where some guy can whack himself in the head VERY hard with a hammer and not suffer any injury? Or the Indian man who can conduct hundreds of volts of AC electricity through his body,something that would kill any normal person? Or the man who can withstand high enough temperatures to melt a camera left in the room with him? There's lots more of course but these are examples of extremes that would probably kill 99.99% of people on earth,but that 0.01% are able to survive these extremes because something in their body has mutated (if that's the right word) to make them different to the rest of mankind.You and a VERY few others eyes are probably altered in the same way,but the majority of the other 7 billion people on earth will suffer permanent damage to their eyes if they do as you say.Human eyes "toughening up" under exposure to strong light is a medical impossibility.

I say to people only do it if it resonates with you. And am not rich. I can't explain how your eyes "toughen up" but they do. I've also noticed if you have too much sugar in your body or caffeine, the sun is very hard to look at for some reason. (this might be another reason people see the sun as brighter these days, cause their body is full of crap.)

I like the thought of being some sort of superhero, but I doubt its the case.

I believe there are some people who have put out books on healing your eyes that talk of staring at the sunset every day. Not to the length of time that hardcore sungazers do it, but the same idea as letting this light in your eyes helps to make them stronger.

Todays medical impossibility is tomorrows medical breakthrough.
edit on 6-4-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If you don't think the sun is much brighter than before, check out the moon at night. I also feel the moon has also increased in brightness, more likely caused by the increased intensity of the sun.

It could be that we're all paranoid because of the drastic warm weather we've been having. Than again, there's been a lot of people here who also feel the intensity of the sun is much stronger.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I am somewhat confused by your reply. Are you laughing because the simplicity and logic of my statement offers the most likely explanation but yet is so readily ignored by the doom and gloom crowd? Is your humor derived from your opinion being different than mine?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic I just would like a further explanation of your reply.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Dilligaf28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I remember july of 93. I was 4 and just curious of how bright this thing is they told us not to look at in preschool. I remember squintly staring at it for prob 15 secs saying to myself that's not that bright. I just tried now it was instantly unbearble. I clocked about half a second of squinting time

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaborofLove

Well I have lots of photos of dramatic sunsets, some taken from ships at sea, from Waikiki beach and from my own home. They can be spectecular, but that depends on the clouds in the sky at the time.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Some pictures of the sun earlier today around 1140am in southern England, these are unedited so are true colour from Kodak digital camera, the light is very white and even ultra violet is showing on a few of the pictures. The plant picture show how white the light is, almost glaring to look at these plants in overhead sunlight.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I think you forgot to add the atmospheric disturbance going on in the vid.

I could not even see the sun due to the clouds

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I think you forgot to add the atmospheric disturbance going on in the vid.

I could not even see the sun due to the clouds

Well the third picture with the trees and rooftops doesn't show the sun directly, as it's facing east and the sun was about 45 degrees from this, towards the south, I showed this picture as an example of how it has very brightly illuminated the clouds far from where it is, and has so brightly iluminated at least a quadrant of the sky.
This is exactly where the sun rises in the east and where the chemtrails commence on chemtrail days, in this photo if you pause the slide and look carefully to the middle left of the sky the dissipating chemtrail haze is visible, perhaps this is the general haze that eventually fills the sky here.

The two pictures where the sun is showing may be behind some atmospheric cloud but is so bright all I could do was point the camera in the general direction. This is generally considered a clear day here, though there may be some atmospheric haze showing in the blue sky in photos.

Also, these are just pictures rather than videos, as I couldn't upload pictures directly to ATS, so made a slide show.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The sun is brighter this year because we are at a 'Solar Maximum' which occurs every 12 years or so. It is during this time that the magnetic poles on the sun reverses, and is the most active with solar flares. There's a great documentary that came out about it in 2000 called Solarmax (in IMAX).

(Btw - white means the sun is hotter.)

science.nasa.gov...

"February 15, 2001 -- You can't tell by looking, but scientists say the Sun has just undergone an important change. Our star's magnetic field has flipped.

The Sun's magnetic north pole, which was in the northern hemisphere just a few months ago, now points south. It's a topsy-turvy situation, but not an unexpected one.

"This always happens around the time of solar maximum," says David Hathaway, a solar physicist at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "The magnetic poles exchange places at the peak of the sunspot cycle. In fact, it's a good indication that Solar Max is really here."

The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.

Earth's magnetic field also flips, but with less regularity..."
edit on 7-4-2012 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The sun will burn your body and give you radiation so you look fried like a ZOMBIE and your brain gets fried and you then start to act like a ZOMBIE. We all know what happens to ZOMBIES in the games kids play now days. This is why the sun matters to me and it should to you too. BUY alot of total sun block for the next 2 years and live underground like a gopher and you will be just fine when dec. 21st 2012 rolls around. If not you turn into zombie matter baked by the sun.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join