It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

Growing up I remember clearly a warm yellow hue that touched everything. I could be out in it all day long and never worry about the sun hurting me. I remember the 'yellow' which is something I haven't seen in years.

What I have noticed is that now it is indeed white and the yellow is gone. Instead there is a 'white glare' that is sharp and uncomfortable. The sun has a burning sensation that no longer wraps your body in gentle warmth. I have also noticed that the moon is also a brilliant white and seemingly closer.

They are also spraying the sky's with reflective particles which I am sure is altering our perceptions. Interestingly if there is a reduced output of the sun and abnormally long solar minimum this would = dimming in actuality. The magnetic fields of Earth are weaker and therefore it appears in perception like the sun is a great deal whiter but not necessarily brighter.

The sun is indeed behaving strangely in the recent past few years and it seems that there is a total media black out. This may just be one of the reason's why the fake Global Warming agenda/propaganda was manufactured in order to hide the reality that the Sun is not behaving according to what the scientists can understand, and suddenly 'their' science is unreliable and faulty for the anomalous events occurring in the solar system.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Looking directly at the full moon a couple of nights ago made my eyes hurt it was so bright. Hmmmmmmm. Thought of your thread.

I think one way to measure the strength of the sun is to compare the time it takes for a solar panel to "fill up" or whatever it does compared to the same solar panel ten or fifteen years ago. Someone may have made this suggestion already, I haven't read the whole thread, but if not, has anyone anywhere made such a comparision?

edit on 8-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You are right, there is definitely a difference. I only wonder if it has anything to do with our age that also changed. Could it be that our eyes are more sensitive to light when we get older or is the sun really brighter ?There is a scientific method to measure luminosity. I am not sure but I think they use a spectrum analyzer to measure the luminosity of the total amount of visible light emitted by a source. It is measured in "lumens". So, if there is any scientific data regarding the luminosity of the sun back in the 60´s or 70´s all we need to do is measure the luminosity of the sun in 2012. My guess is that the sun is really brighter for whatever reason.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Lusitaniax because: format error

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I could never look directly at the sun, not even as a child. I distinctly remember looking at the sun for a few seconds only and needing to squint my eyes closed so the lashes meet forming a natural diffuser provided by mother nature.

As to the comments on the moon: This is known as super perigee (see links below).

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, if the sun was brighter it would be brighter in all instances, not just looking at it, indirect light would be brighter and i have not noticed this at all.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have now heard of TWO PEOPLE talking about now they have a skin reaction to the sun shining upon the naked skin. "i have been outdoors all of my life and never had this problem", i heard from both parties.

freestone

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Interesting that others have noticed a change...

Whilst driving to work last Thursday morning at around 6.15am, I noticed the sun rising in the east. It was a large white ball and I commented that it looked like a full moon rather than a rising sun. There was no accompanying glow of orange or yellow to be seen. Rather the emitted light rays shining through the clouds were white/grey in colour.

We were driving south towards Sydney (Australia) and I think I know enough to understand that the moon and the sun could not both be in the eastern sky at the same hour.

It was actually a very eerie scene and I had not noticed anything odd about the sun prior to this incident. I will be looking more in the future.

res

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Could it have been the moon you were looking at?

I saw a huge moon two mornings ago at around 6:30am. It was very bright and white and for a reference it looked like it was a few hundred miles away, that is how it looked.

I found this link:

en.wikipedia.org...

and this in relation to the moon;

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Took this pic the other day. This thread made me think of it...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
All I know is that I can barely glance at it midday without my eyes tearing up immediately. That's never happened before.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainott
Took this pic the other day. This thread made me think of it...

Can I come hang out at your house for a few days?

Beautiful place wherever you are.
edit on 8-4-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
Interesting that others have noticed a change...

Whilst driving to work last Thursday morning at around 6.15am, I noticed the sun rising in the east. It was a large white ball and I commented that it looked like a full moon rather than a rising sun. There was no accompanying glow of orange or yellow to be seen.
We are not looking at the sun,we are looking at the sun through the earths atmosphere and so we are not able to see what the sun really looks like and we are not able to see what the sun is actually doing...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Heck, when I was a kid and doodled pictures with crayons, as certainly most kids tend to do, I always grabbed the yellow crayon to color the sun. I guess it would be instructive to see what color grade school aged kids now color the sun as when they draw it and compare those pictures with ones kids drew 50 years ago.

Honestly, I don't know whether it IS old age telling on me (I'm 61) or what, but standing out in the bright sunlight my skin feels like I have a 100 watt bulb just inches from my skin. When the wife and I were younger, we used to lay out on the beaches here in Florida and sunburn only took place after HOURS of laying in the direct sun without flipping over to expose other parts of your body. We used to go directly into a tan, and never worried much about sun BURN. Heck, now, in less than an hour in direct sun, without sunblock, you WILL get a sunburn. I NEVER used to wear a hat, but I certainly do now, otherwise my face and will become beet red in pretty short order. Matter of fact, I can only remember once in my life getting a sunburn as a kid and I was outside ALL of the time.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rich Z

Maybe the suns about to go nova and none of us will ever have anything else to worry about again?

if our sun does go nova,we would be able to watch its super charged nova light particles fast approaching us for 8 minutes and 20 seconds before they actually slammed into earth and annihilated everything...

because thats the same amout of time that the suns light takes to reach us...

maybe the sun will wait until the 4th of july before it finally explodes,because that would be one tremendously savage fireworks display and we all would most certainly be vaporized within a magnificently monsterous nuclear furnace...

it would be so amazingly bright,that people within the nightside darkness of earth would still able to see its atomic glow,unless they were asleep and if they were,they would unknowingly soon be sleeping forever...

edit on 9-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
In a sunny day i can't even look at the clouds anymore let alone the sun ,

here's a picture of the sun i took one year ago,

img534.imageshack.us...

it's strange that back then i didn't know anything about solar flares or any sun issues however i do remember feeling that the sun had become stronger/brighter with the passage of years
obviously this picture was taken with my eyes closed

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have been looking at the sun for 55 years....I know what it looks like.

It was not what I usually see.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher
[more

No. It was the sun.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
My three year old paints the sun bright red..
You all may now panic accordingly...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Thinking in timescales it takes for the sun to 'change', wouldn't it be more logical if it was influenced by our own eye sensitivity, rather than have the fantastic chance of being alive while the sun would actually change in 40 years time.

I agree though, the suns looks a lot brighter to me. But I think that's more to do with me sitting in a badly lit room behind this computer most of the time. On vacation after a few days in the sun my eyes have adjusted it seems.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
For sure the light has changed but it is due to the filters we vent into the atmosphere. Back in the 60, 70s coal was a major source of heating and that smoke changes light in a big way ( it has a warming effect).

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by theukbloke
For sure the light has changed but it is due to the filters we vent into the atmosphere. Back in the 60, 70s coal was a major source of heating and that smoke changes light in a big way ( it has a warming effect).

I grew up in rural Scotland on the west coast, next to the Atlantic, people didn't use their coal in summer, and atmospheric pollution negligable, if at all. The sky was bright mid blue, the sun yellowish and clearly visible. The sky here now is more pearly, translucent white blue, very luminous, and the light, very bright white and glaringly intense.
edit on 9-4-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join