It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
actually i was thinking to myself today that sun looks way too white and bright now..and here i see this thread today

amazing~!~~~

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

So, you are committing to the idea that you are correct based on simple observation, completely devoid of acknowledgment of biological differences in your measuring instruments at different times in your life, and discounting the complex observations of thousands of trained professionals using the same highly calibrated instruments for decades before your birth.

So noted.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Originally posted by seentoomuch
reply to post by Furbs

As stated several times now and evidently you just don't get it, I believe the atmosphere has changed, or the sun is emitting much more. And as for all the people making it their life work to get the correct calculations, well, I've heard that one before. They used to insist it was impossible for Mars to have water ice yet it was always obvious to me. I bet you didn't believe it either. You probably were stating that without vulcanization, etc, water ice could not be a part of it, that spectographs or whatever would have shown it, etc and yet NOW it is considered fact. I imagine soon we'll be hearing about some scientist that is getting a nobel prize for astro whatever for "discovering" that the sun has changed or that our atmosphere has. Probably some exotic particle that hasn't been in the equation. But all the while, we, the regular people already knew.

STM

Note this for your records.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostjohnny
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

And we had 6 inches of snow yesterday...

It was 23 degrees a couple of days before!

Loads of planes before the snow added to a big natural stream of cold air!

There isn't any snow here but very cold, especially seeing as last week was 25c or more here.

Also agree that even when cold the sun is very hot, even early morning, when breath is visible and some frost, the sun is very intensely bright and hot though not heating the air temperature.

Seems like here the plane activity recently is less than normal though there were a lot of behind the cloud lengthy plane activity sounds before it got cold.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Our sun has been sitting up there for about 5 billion years (give or take a billion), it is less than 1/2 way through it's life cycle. So I am pretty sure that it will still be there after Dec 21. Long after Dec 21.

The sun is always changing. It, like you and me, gets older each day. The sun is'nt even half way through it's main sequence, going from White to Yellow (eventually), not yelllow to white as your suggesting.

Sheesh... There are so many Chicken Littles here on ATS these days..

edit on 4/5/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
How does vision change with age?

Being able to see clearly when exposed to reflected light or bright sunlight - especially outdoors on a sunny day or in a hallway with highly polished floors - requires filtered lenses or other adaptations to control glare and to see the environment clearly

I think the common factor here is your eyes are aging normally and are more sensitive to glare and bright light sources.

May as well try one more time. The Sun looks brighter to everyone as they age. It's normal.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I to think the Sun has and continues to go through some Metamorphous and Cosmic change. I am in my mid to late 40's and I to remember being able to glance at the Sun with NO adverse effects. Not saying that you could stare at the Sun has long has you want scenario, but I do recall playing outside has a kid and holding a model airplane and streaming the plane against the background of the Sun with NP's, So with that being said, Nasa Scientist have even stated that the Sun and our entire Solar System appears to be Warming Up. Even the Ice Cap on Mars has changed in Dimensions and size, That alone says something about the Sun's effects and changes Not just here on Planet Earth, But the entire Solar System.
I have provided a Youtube Video in support of that scientific Therory by David Wilcock... www.youtube.com...[/url]
edit on 5-4-2012 by kroy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

We even get night planes. I filmed this little plane over my house a week ago. It's been on the same path for weeks now. It always takes the same path but can appear any time between 6pm and 12:45am and it's got a nice random pattern generator underneath. Cross pattern lights usually, or a red/green arrow. This was the first time Ive seen it with a monochrome light pattern.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The slight increase in the sun’s brightness over the ages can affect the climate, but not to the degree that would account for the rapid increase in global temperatures over the last 150 years.
report here says the sun has got brighter though ''isn't the culprit for global warming''.....

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostjohnny

We even get night planes. I filmed this little plane over my house a week ago. It's been on the same path for weeks now. It always takes the same path but can appear any time between 6pm and 12:45am and it's got a nice random pattern generator underneath. Cross pattern lights usually, or a red/green arrow. This was the first time Ive seen it with a monochrome light pattern.

You think this could be a cloud dusting plane?

Perhaps an aviation expert here on ATS could decode the lights?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Very Interesting!

In my dreams (lately) Ive noticed times where it was too bright. I may be talking to someone or looking at an object and, all of a sudden, I need to squint to focus on whatever. I have a dream journal that i just grabbed, to double check, theres been 3 seperate times ive had dream moments where I become too light sensitive.

Maybe my sub-conscience is telling me "Hey its gettin bright out there!"

or. Odd coincidence.

S+F

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
some snippets from the usual information sites....

en.wikipedia.org...

Its magnetic field is at less than half strength compared to the minimum of 22 years ago. The entire heliosphere, which fills the Solar System, has shrunk as a result, thereby increasing the level of cosmic radiation striking the Earth and its atmosphere.

perhaps it's the increased Cosmic radiation that is causing increased perception of brightness and sensitivity....

Also perhaps the increase in 'Cosmic' awareness?....

edit on 5-4-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

BS. Are 24 year olds suffering from old eyes in your estimation? A while ago I went down to the corner mart, the sun was like a welding torch in my face the whole way, the visor wouldn't block it. In the store I mentioned that the sun was bright today. The clerk, a 24 year old, athletic type said, "You're not kidding. The other day my girlfriend and I went to the park to play frisbee and the sun was too extreme, we said forget it, and left" So evidently fit, 24 year olds have failing eyes in your world, wow.
edit on 4/5/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

Supposedly our sun isnt the type of star thats able to go nova and so i wonder if our sun is beginning to expand into a red giant,that we'll see more and more in the appearance of a bluish color,for more or less the same reasons why we see our sky as colored blue and if so,the final sign of the hopi end times prophecy is upon us.We dont know how long the process takes for a star to expand into a red giant,is it days,weeks,years, or centuries? Everyone and everything in our world and even the earth itself,were all born from within the sun and someday everything will return to her nuclear womb...
edit on 5-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

BS. Are 24 year olds suffering from old eyes in your estimation? A while ago I went down to the corner mart, the sun was like a welding torch in my face the whole way, the visor wouldn't block it. In the store I mentioned that the sun was bright today. The clerk, a 24 year old, athletic type said, "You're not kidding. The other day my girlfriend and I went to the park to play frisbee and the sun was too extreme, we said forget it, and left" So evidently fit, 24 year olds have failing eyes in your world, wow.

Once again..

The plural of anecdote is not data.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Once again..

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Only in your narrow little world it isn't. You really remind me of the scientist that had worked for lockheed and northrup and skunkworks that tried to convince me that all the "data" said Mars had something frozen at the polar caps, but according to the "data" it wasn't water ice. Turns out it is though right, yep, right, I was right, your guys were wrong. In my opinion your sources should be in question as to their accuracy based on the past.

STM

Btw, I'm enjoying this, are you? Lol.

edit on 4/5/2012 by seentoomuch because: grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
I wonder if the people who think the sun is getting brighter and hotter, are ALL the same people who stared at it as a kid.

Nothing strange there, eye cancer is a good thing!

LOGIC, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

If the people who stared at the sun are suffering damage to their eyes as a result of staring at the sun then their vision would be diminished not enhanced. Thus they would be able to stare even longer at the sun since they would be partially blind and the luminosity of the sun would not appear greater. As you clearly know people who are blind dont have a problem looking at the sun, in fact they dont have a problem looking at anything because they cant see.

In fact if anything it proves that people who stared at the sun in the past seem to have become even more sensitive to light which goes against the commonly held belief that staring at the sun makes you blind. If it made them blind they wouldnt have noticed the increase in luminosity. You see (pun intended)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I basically agree with the OP, in a way... The Sun brightness in the sky seems to cover a much larger area of the sky than I recall it as a kid. The sun used to be a big ball in the sky, now I can't look within 20 degress of it without my eyes hurting. Which says to me that something in our atmosphere is causing more reflectivity and the brightness so many of us are experiencing. If we can't rule out "reflective stuff" in our atmosphere then we can't really make the claim the sun is brighter unless we rely on actual scientific data collected from outside the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

I believe you. About a year ago I was traveling through Virginia and I thought the sky looked strange to me. I decided to take a picture with my iPhone. Now I take lots of pictures of the sky with my phone. During the day and at sunrise and sunset. So I know what it should look like. To this day I have never taken a stranger photo. You reminded me of it with this thread. Here it is.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Does the sun seem brighter because it is getting brighter? or does it only appear that way because i'm getting older and so are my eyes?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join