It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

A lot of those stats the gun control people cite include suicides also.

That's a good point, though I think the one that shows ONLY "Intentional Homicides" might only include those that are "assisted suicides".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000

i'd like to see how many actually would shoot military/govt officials when they came for the guns.

The best way to find out is to send them after our guns.

Your first problem is going to be finding enough of them locally to agree to do the deed.

If you have to send in imports, they'll be dealt with rough - but of course they won't be expecting it like the locals would.

Because they, like you, seem to think it would never go that way. Oddly, if you think we're all that dangerous, why do you think we suddenly wouldn't be?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Thanks for posting what "captainnotsoobvious" so DISHONESTLY claimed was a "list of European countries". I should have thought of that!

See ya buddy,
Milt
edit on 4-4-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Yes yes yes yes and yes again!

The Second amendment MUST be repealed. The gun culture is a disaster. Nations that restrict guns don't have "only criminals will have guns". America and it's gun morons is a D I S A S T E R.

VERY well said OP.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Have them do Texas first.

Let me know how it goes.

[edi tby]edit on 4-4-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Trolling should be a crime

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Anyone who owns a gun and is willing to take the life of another human is a psychopath.

So it's ok if I'm willing to take the life of another human as long as I don't use a gun? S'ok - I own a claw hammer, too!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

Have them do Texas first.

Let me know how it goes.

Yeah, the UN can establish their beach head at Galveston - I bet they couldn't make it 5 miles inland. Any takers?

edit on 2012/4/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Yeah, the UN can establish their beach head at Galveston - I bet they couldn't make it 5 miles inland. Any takers?

Hell, the UN wouldn't make past the shrimp boats out in the Gulf of Mexico.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If you take the guns away from the general public, that's disarming everyday people. If anti-gun laws come in and do this, that's not going to stop criminals/gangstas from getting their hands on guns and guess what, the general public then becomes easy pickings.

Not only is it part of the constitutional foundation of USA, it provides protection for people who are put at risk by another who has a gun illegally.

If laws came in they would have to %100 make sure no guns made it to the "streets", impossible.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Anyone who owns a gun and is willing to take the life of another human is a psychopath.

Anyone who owns a gun and is willing to protect the life of another human is a hero.

Let's just say gun laws came in 2 weeks ago, you don't have a gun anymore, damn. You're living close to a dangerous neighbourhood, guns are still present in this neighbourhood, they arn't registered with the state, you and all your friends now have no guns, look who's kicking your front door in... You go to reach for your gun, it's not there, POP POP POP, your family is dead.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Strainz because: Formatting issue.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Maybe you can convince all the criminals and psychopaths to hand over their guns?

your bringing hitler into your defense for owning a gun? already.

PROUD psychopath here, my wife and son still have a husband because I am a "psychopath" by your ignorant terms. Sure, I could have tried in the heated FEW microseconds I had to react and tried to wound him, say in the leg or something, but the gun he had trained on me would will have been pretty effective had he hit me. So, well, he's dead and I'm not.

And this is no joke, once a year I go piss on his grave.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
For me it is better to have and not need than need and not have. Not to mention I love target shooting and skeet.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok

Originally posted by sting130u

Originally posted by juggernaut0907
Its not the firearm you need to fear, its the person behind the trigger. A gun is just a piece of molded metal and polymer. I believe that everyone that buys a gun needs to go for a psych exam first before being allowed to own one.

I would agree with the psych exam, but I know if a person really wants to they can lie their way out of those things and come out sane. My ex-wife did it when she wanted custody of her son back. One day shes bi-polar, borderline personality, PTSD, and nuts. The next day, shes clear headed and sane and just fine.

I am glad to be an american. My job requires alot of stops in high crime places and high profile places such as banks and govt buildings as well as medical offices with million dollar equipment. I am never alone on these jobs, I usually have my friend .38 special or my 9mm with me, and they are great company.

Thank you forefathers for making sure we kept our inalienable God given rights until the breaking day.

Maybe we should extend that exam to include politicians, clergy, teachers, police officers, drivers, bankers, pilots, etc. Especially politicians, as they are responsible for killing more folks than the others. But then we wouldn't have anywhere for the sociopaths to go, except the jails I suppose.

Yes, but you know that everyone is nuts in their own way, according to psychiatrists. Almost everyone it seems like is on medication or should be on medication, which is more dangerous than not being on medication.

People are strange. Which is why I carry very discreetly prepared for when the person feeling froggy decides to take that leap....
edit on 4-4-2012 by sting130u because: better wording ?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

your bringing hitler into your defense for owning a gun? already.

Whoa, no one said we were WILLING to take the life. God knows I don't want to kill anyone, I'd rather not kill anyone, but to protect my family and my self I am forced to kill someone. They shouldn't have done what they did, when they did it. Wrong place wrong time, at least for one person. I refuse to be a victim, and my death would leave three children fatherless. The aggressors death will remove one of many black stains in society.

Not willing, just surviving.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I wonder how the wealthy liberals (an oxymoron tho as "liberal" should relate to liberty and freedom - not leftist politics) would feel about this issue if they were not allowed to hire private, armed security also.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

guess what, guns don't stop crime.

Really? Drop by my house one day and attempt to harm my family, I PROMISE you a gun will stop crime that day. In fact, I can show you better than I could tell you.

In reality you're right, in fact guns don't stop crime , just like guns don't kill people. They are inanimate objects incapable of any sort of action on their own. I've yet to see any one of my guns jump out of my safe at night , sneak past the dog and go out on a killing spree.

edit on 4-4-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Meekbot2000

i'd like to see how many actually would shoot military/govt officials when they came for the guns.

Your first problem is going to be finding enough of them locally to agree to do the deed.

If you have to send in imports, they'll be dealt with rough - but of course they won't be expecting it like the locals would.

Because they, like you, seem to think it would never go that way. Oddly, if you think we're all that dangerous, why do you think we suddenly wouldn't be?

muhahaha

Troops I know and military members, current and former, all know the Constitution. They know why the second amendment is there. I am willing to bet if they were sent to collect our guns, they would hand out 2 autos, 3 pistols, and enough ammo to last for a small army to every house. How brainwashed do you believe them to be?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

ATS has a TOS Policy so I hope you will note I have not called you a mumbling idiot, worthless parasite or deluded closet genius but I will tell you that you are in the wrong country and anyone who thinks they are going to disarm the American People, particularly those of us who are of Colonist Stock and consider this "Our Country", is in for a life shaking shock because for every gun confiscated, for every round of ammunition, there are dozens and boxes held by others and those who think our Constitution is just a piece of paper are not so deluded as to ignore that fact.

I will leave you gerbils with this:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Thanks for the link top that site, I found a good tool for comparing countries crime rates, I didn't realise there was so much crime in the UK!

The murders with firearms is shocking for the USA, 9,369 (ranked 1st in the world) compared to the UKs 14, do you know if that is based on a yearly report?

Source
edit on 4/4/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join