It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would hate to live in country where you need a gun to feel safe, where you are so damn scared for you life you must own a gun,

where kids killing kids in schools is becoming the norm,

I mean seriously, what have you lot created ?

You all fear the boogie man and hide behind your guns for safety, yet you're just creating a very dangerous society!

Pro gun Americans sound like paranoid psychopaths..........Someone Willing to shoot anyone that may cross them is a psychopath!

Guns create paranoia imo

btw I have never feared for my life, I've never feared my kids would get shot at school by a psychopath, No one threatens me, I don't own a gun.....and If you think this makes me a coward , I say try me!

I have defended my family on more than one occassion resulting onetime in the the guy spending 7 days in hospital nursing broken bones after he assaulted my wife and I kicked ten bags of # out of him!

What would you of done?...Shot the moron or done what I did?
No wonder Americas prisons are bursting!...As most of you would of shot him as you are all so god damn Hard!!!!
edit on 4-4-2012 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
All that time -- America had more hand guns than the rest of the world.

Do any NRA fans see where I'm going with this? Sometimes I wish I were you guys, so I could have some false hope -- maybe a lucky charm that kept away Tigers. As of course, all these hand guns have obviously kept America safe from Tigers. But not from corruption, tyranny, loss of jobs, and loss of rights.

I'm not going to force my 9-year-old to give up his favorite blanket because it might lead to him compensating by owning a gun. No need to give up one false sense of security for another.

You make sense but the ptb have to put more effort in destabilizing america through the back door rather than just assuming everyone is unarmed and pulling the hitler card out from the getgo. Remember the SS and the "can I see your papers please?"

The government is working twice as hard in america to put the last pieces of the puzzle together, whereas in europe they declared the european parliament a defacto government and everyone is keeping silent.

Unless they disarm the public they cannot put the world government into full motion, which is what the corporate conglomerates headed by the rockefellers and rothschilds would like. Sooner or later something big will happen and blood will be shed OR HOPEFULLY common sense may prevail at the last moment and those responsible will see the new nurembourge trials.

It is like saying why bother lock your door at night if some burglars can pick locks. Any detterant is better than no detterant!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
In other news, both Gun Owners and Gun Manufacturers owe the OP a round of applause. Since the creation of this thread gun sales in America have gone through the roof!

Keep up the goo work OP!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

this is the problem!

Arms being Socially acceptable!

War being socially acceptable!

Until this problem is addressed worldwide YOU will always exist!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Thats the idea.

Thats why I own a gun, so people like you can not deny me of liberty and freedom.

Come and take it!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Nobody is arguing that firearms aren't the weapon of choice for criminals, your link certainly shows that. We just feel that we also should be allowed to use firearms against those criminals.

You are deranged if you feel that law abiding citizens are the ones that committed those homicides.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

You have no liberty or freedom

Do you honestly believe the gun gives you freedom and liberty?

wow..its really sad to think people like you actually do believe their own bs.....

"Come and take em"......America is so full of John Wayne wannabies

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00
I would hate to live in country where you need a gun to feel safe, where you are so damn scared for you life you must own a gun,

Not true. Most gun owners use them for hunting and target shooting as well as protection.

where kids killing kids in schools is becoming the norm,

Violent crimes of that nature have been steadily going down in past years. The perception is due to the accessibility of information now. Your facts are simply false.

I mean seriously, what have you lot created ?

We have not created it. The killings and violence are mostly in large inner cities where it is criminals killing each other.

You all fear the boogie man and hide behind your guns for safety, yet you're just creating a very dangerous society!

No that is your perception. It is bigoted to label all Americans based on the actions of criminals and gangs.

Pro gun Americans sound like paranoid psychopaths..........Someone Willing to shoot anyone that may cross them is a psychopath!

Again a bigoted statement lumping all Americans into one mold.

Guns create paranoia imo

Guns are inanimate objects. The gangs and violent criminals create the paranoia.

btw I have never feared for my life, I've never feared my kids would get shot at school by a psychopath, No one threatens me, I don't own a gun.....and If you think this makes me a coward , I say try me!

You must live in an exclusive neighborhood where there are no gangs or drug dealers?

I have defended my family on more than one occassion resulting onetime in the the guy spending 7 days in hospital nursing broken bones after he assaulted my wife and I kicked ten bags of # out of him!

Good for you. He obviously did not have a gun or he would have simply shot you.

What would you of done?...Shot the moron or done what I did?

I would have called the Police if possible and if not possible and the assailant were to powerful for me to control, I would make him lay on the ground until the Police arrived.

No wonder Americas prisons are bursting!...As most of you would of shot him as you are all so god damn Hard!!!!

Again with the bigoted statements lumping all of us into one mold. Is not the real point of your rant that you hate Americans, simply for being American?

edit on 4-4-2012 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Do you have an E-mail?

Yes, and I just sent it to you in a U2U.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

A quick reply!
Not bigoted...just anti Arms!
And I think your fellow country men on this thread are creating a very stereotypical picture for me to make my assesment!
Also
I live in a very typical city with all the typical city life....been there and done that at 43 thanks!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Let's say we have a group of twelve people, and one has a loaded gun. Who are the unarmed eleven going to listen to if twelve are barking orders?
Let's say that two are armed, and ten aren't, and twelve are barking orders. Who will the ten that aren't armed listen to?
Let's say that you don't get it yet. That is possible.
Actually, I suspect that you do, but you will pretend that the world is a bunch of people walking among flowers and spreading love and the gun just ruins it all. I also suspect that you don't really believe that, I mean, who could be that stupid, right?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Straw man.

I never claimed law abiding sentences are murdering people. Duh.

But I also never claimed that the US murder rate was much lower than Europe's, due to America's guns.

A lie you repeated stated.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If you outlaw guns, Only outlaws have guns... that simple

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You again are not being honest.

Is that baseless accusation the strongest argument you have? It certainly appears so.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
People seem to forget that owning a gun in the UK is legal, with the right license. It is based on background checks, criminal record, psychiatric / psychological assessment etc etc.

At the very least, the same sort of checks should be put into place in the USA. This would help keep the guns out of the hands of people who are liable to commit serious crimes.

A lot of people are saying that if they wanted to get their hands on a weapon, they still would, that is true, and the same applies in the UK, but with strict control in place it makes it much more difficult.

Your average citizen shouldn't need to carry a firearm, not so freely. People can snap at any moment, just like what happened in my home county 2 years ago. A taxi driver, a normal guy who was under a lot of pressure suddenly flipped and killed 12 people, injured 11 others then killed himself. He was licensed to own the weapons too.

Personally, I would say take away the publics rights to bare arms full stop, keep it to gun clubs, and keep the weapons locked up at the clubs. If you want to target practise in your back garden, use an air rifle.

However, I do respect the fact that Americans have the rights to weapons, and it is their choice, but as I said at first, stricter rules should be implemented.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

In London since they took away the guns, they still have killing, but they now use hammers.

They are so much more civilized. So much superior to us.

Google UK killed with hammer

edit on 4-4-2012 by kawika because: fix link

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A massive example of blaming the tool instead of the ones using it, and the environment that they are living in.

Take a way the guns and these sick and some, desperate people will just pick up a knife, or perhaps start using bombs.

Most have committed violent crimes before, and they are back in the streets. Our justice system is the failure here.

Some are truly mentally sick, and our medical systems are at fault for not recognizing it and being too expensive for them to seek help.

Many have lost everything in this horrible economy and have also become mentally ill, and you can blame the banking and housing industry for providing this environment.

No, guns are not the problem, they are just a convenient tool in a huge arsenal of weapons that people can use on each other. The real problems are never solved.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

[quote]America's homicide rate is 3-4x higher than that in Europe.
You keep chirping about my dishonesty, so I'll call you on that... Where's your source?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Europe has a lot more gun control, and allows hunting with guns, and has a MUCH lower murder rate.

Where's your source?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Hi Ben, the Europe homicide rate is 3.5 per 100,000 and the USA is 4.7 per 100,000 as of 2010.

Hope this helps.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join