It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

reply to post by BenReclused

guess what, guns don't stop crime.

Really? Drop by my house one day and attempt to harm my family, I PROMISE you a gun will stop crime that day. In fact, I can show you better than I could tell you.

In reality you're right, in fact guns don't stop crime , just like guns don't kill people. They are inanimate objects incapable of any sort of action on their own. I've yet to see any one of my guns jump out of my safe at night , sneak past the dog and go out on a killing spree.

Hey, you should take a trip to the wild west of america days. Not very much crime than. Everyone carried. Every woman, man, and boy child. Look up the crime from those days. Non-existent.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by newcovenant

You wonder why people get the wrong opinion of rednecks?

I don't! That opinion comes from people, such as yourself, that use "redneck" as a derogatory term to describe others, so they can feel better about themselves.

See ya,
Milt

Actually in this instance it is used to describe the chick in the photo. It is possible I feel a little too good about myself though your sensitivity is touching.

If you're lucky,
Built

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

Funny, Vermont has the second lowest crime rate in the states , but has absolutely no gun control. You want to carry... go to a store , buy a gun, NICS check, and you can walk out with that gun on your hip concealed. According to the folks on this forum, they should be barbarians & mad max like with all sorts of homicides and such. I think that goes to show that "AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY!"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Never. Can't put that genie back in the bottle, sorry. We are armed, and will remain so.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

for every irresponsible act with a firearm there are hundreds of responsible people doing the right thing.

you are an absolute fool !

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I wonder if they OP knows the number of actual law abiding gun holding citizens versus the number of guns illegally owned or illegally used in America? Versus the amount of crimes committed with guns? And most that have a gun, individually, have more than one.

In my gun class the instructor had a gun in every position on every part of his body. My God this guy had a gun in a Bible. He just kept pulling them out. I admired this man, and wondered how many people walked around like this. I'm on my way

edit on 4-4-2012 by sting130u because: because

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by BenReclused

Thanks for the link top that site, I found a good tool for comparing countries crime rates, I didn't realise there was so much crime in the UK!

The murders with firearms is shocking for the USA, 9,369 (ranked 1st in the world) compared to the UKs 14, do you know if that is based on a yearly report?

Source
edit on 4/4/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

So we keep getting compared to the UK, and the stats show that the UK has over half the number of crime as the US. Doesn't the UK have around 60 million people, and the US over 300 million. This tells me that if you enjoy getting robbed, mugged, assaulted, raped, or whatever, you have a better chance of those things there.
Another thing I don't get, if you had a magic wand, and you magically made every gun disappear, how is that any better? Wouldn't you have thugs roaming the streets with bats, knives, axes, and other nasties taking whatever they wanted, unafraid of any gun stopping them? I don't know about you, but I don't really care to meet any of these folks in a fair fight! I would rather they worry about me, and what I may be hiding.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You can disarm all the law abiding citizens you want and the criminal will still have the guns. Alls you will do is make it easier for criminal and you'll see your body count rise.

What determines the body count in most shooting incidents is the time from when the first gun arrives to the time the next gun arrives.

Yes I agree criminal are out of control. Society has coddled these criminal pieces of # for far too long. The way to eliminate your crime problem is to eliminate the criminals.

Crime never sleeps, unless you give them a dirt nap six feet under.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

You and those like you pull up all kinds of statistics and prattle out your reasons and justifications for why Americans and Civilians in general should be disarmed and in effect dependent upon so-called law enforcement to protect us. First, Law Enforcement rarely protects anyone but most often comes in after the fact and if justice is ever rendered by the court, it is rarely true justice but that's another subject.

I don't need to tell you how out of control the the State and Federal Government is, what do you think would happen if there was nothing but rocks and words to stop them from doing everything they want to do.

Here is a fact, gun crime is the lowest in countries where the civilian population has no guns and where the people are in effect living in a Police State.

On another tread a guy confesses that he was a paid disinformation agent. I suggest that you who advocate disarming Americans are either paid propagandist or dumber than dirt but which ever you are, I would be pleased if you would leave my country.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

why now?

we are supposed be becoming more educated, more aware, more enlightened, more understanding, more compassionate, more intelligent, better people?

there is no future for a society where a person carries a weapon in his pocket that can end the life of another human (quite often a child or a relative) in the blink of an eye.

Too bad the gang bangers don't consider themselves more educated, more aware, more enlightened, more understanding, more compassionate, more intelligent, better people? yet they still carry a weapon obtained illegally in the back of their pants.
Or the woman dialing 911 begging the police to show up to get her illegally armed astranged husband breaking into her house and to think Chicago stripped her of her handgun to protect herself, its ashame her husband shot her before the police could arrive.

damn that right to bear arms, whats it good for, oh yeah to defend against the scum who get their weapons illegally :-(

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Seems to me that there are far more valid points toward owning guns then gun control.. what is left to argue?
Guns are also necessary for stopping a tyrannical government..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

So you fell off your stool, bumped your head, got up, stubbed your toe and decided to thread ?

Something happened.

This is the only comment I can imagine for this thread that is doing pretty good, but the idea ? Going nowhere.

I don't even own a gun right now, but you try to tell me I can't have one ? First thing I'll be sure to do cause, that's how I roll.

edit on 5-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by Skewed

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Our government is beyond gun wars with us...if it came down to that YOU and all your GUNS would be wiped out and it wouldn't even be a fight. All that hickish, "Come take my guns from my dead hands..." if they wanted they could achieve it very easily.

Never underestimate the power of a bunch of pissed off people.

I can assure you, there will be nothing easy or good about it, for either side. But tptb will not just up and take the guns away without a fight. It would be a logistical nightmare all the way around. They can say or do anything they want, but when the time comes to actually confiscate them will be a whole new story.

Buddy...I realize you believe yourself efficient with your weapon and they'll have to pry it from your cold dead hands, and you probably know a few others who spew the same rhetoric.

I assure you, if it was decided, that's exactly what they would do...pry it from your still warm dead hands, without suffering even ONE casualty.

Look, buddy. I do not have a death wish, I would not go 1 vs. 25 as my plan A. I am speaking in terms of my fellow citizens and myself standing side by side if the situation got to that point. But rest assured, if they back me in a corner, I will swing back whether it be 1 person or 50. In that case I probably would not make it and that would be fine, because if they managed to take my and everyone elses guns, I would not want to live in this world anyways, but as long as I am alive, I am keeping my guns.

Leave it to the guy with a spikes tactical logo for his sig. I can't think of anything to add to this discussion that this man, and Domo, and many others haven't already said for me.That being said. It would not be an easy ordeal for either side,and if the government were to overcome the American citizens,it would come at a great cost. Molon Labe
edit on 4/5/12 by Bodaciouschief because: typo

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by METACOMET

The Swiss are a good example of sensible gun laws working, as are many of the Scandinavian countries. Those people seem to get along fine with very little gun crime or mass murder on a regular basis.. With the exception of what happened in Norway last year. Maybe there are deeper social problems within the U.S, particularly amongst young people..

the main reason the US is such a violent country is because we glorify it

in the US, sex = bad, violence = good

you can see this clearly in our television programing. if we just got the stick out our arse and let the people have sex without guilt, there would be less violence

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The idea of an Armed American Citizenary is drawing more and more attention.Especally in light of some recent high profile shootings made even more public by the media,racial shills and Governmental interference.
Organizations who support Gun Rights For Citizens like the National Rifle Association get their say at every opportunity.
The general consensus from that side is that an armed Citizenary is able to resist any tyranny that the government might decide to try.
True as far as it goes,but it goes much deeper.
An armed citizen is a more confident person.He/she feels they can handle things themselves without asking for help and that confidence carries over into all aspects of their lives,thus making them LESS dependent on the Nanny State of the Liberal Utopia.
The Nanny State Ideal requires the people to be more of the sheeple mindset person,weak,scared, willing to go along with anything in the name of safety and the next guaranteed meal/check/handout.
An armed self confident,self aware citizen hardly fits that mold and that's where all the angst on the part of Central Government comes from.Its also why they will seize and capitalize on any new crisis involving firearms to attack the idea of private gun ownership and the "stand your ground/castle doctrine" type self defense laws as well as the Concealed Carry Permits and the easy availability of all types of firearms,allowing the Armed Citizen his/her choice of what to carry or use.
As the plans for a North American Union/New World Order progress,look for more and more and more assaults on our liberties.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

You are very welcome.

The question you asked was a pretty good one, and it took me a little while to locate the original source. That appears to be the stats for 2001.

I agree that 9,369 murders by firearms is EXTREMELY high. That's one of the reasons so many of us are concerned about laws that would prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns. Firearms, as that statistic shows, are definitely the preferred choice of criminals. Most criminals use stolen, or unregistered weapons, that are now impossible to track, and they sure as hell aren't going to voluntarily give them up. The only weapons that could ever be collected are the ones in the hands of registered owners, thus leaving law abiding citizens without adequate protection from those with illegal firearms. I'd sure hate to rely on a knife when threatened with a gun. Criminals with firearms are the problem, not the firearms themselves.

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Actually in this instance it is used to describe the chick in the photo.

I know you did. I also know the way you meant it. And yeah, I do get a little sensitive about bigots using the term "redneck" in the way that you meant it. That must have had a little to do with my "redneck" heritage.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by freakdaddy70

Well... if you look at the chart in your post again, you will see that Assault Victims, Rape Victims, and Total Crime Victims are all based on percentage of population, and those percentages are HIGHER than they are in the United States.

It also shows that we in the United States feel safer. That likely has something to do with gun ownership.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Now don't be jumpin' on "woogleuk". I don't recall him telling us we need to disarm, and at least he's not ignoring the stats. I feel he is being very reasonable, regardless of his stance. I just wish there were more like him.

Note to "woogleuk":
I only assumed you were a male. Please correct me if I was wrong.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Since semi auto guns were made illegal in Austrlaia following the Port Arthur massacre, Sydney the Largest City In Austrlalia has witnessed the most drive by shootings by mainly recently arrived migrant criminal thugs ever in the nations history.

No doubt the crim gun suppliers are thankful to the Aussie govt for banning guns( sic).

Most traditional sydneysiders have headed north, whilst the southern Sydney suburbs are shot up by the recent arrivals who totally respect the recent gun laws.

How to kick out the locals?

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join