It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

No because brainiac those are just the stats for EUROPE.

No, they aren't! You just aren't mature enough to accept the fact that many of those countries are indeed in EUROPE.

Is the US in Europe?

NO! And neither are Turkey, Australia, or New Zealand! But you likely don't know that. They ARE on the list that you claim is only for Europe.

Do you need help answering that?

No, but I appreciate the offer.
Do you need a map showing where Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand are?

Why not pay attention?

That's a good question to ask yourself. You seem to be having trouble doing so.

Go here and see the REAL stats:

en.wikipedia.org...

US 4.8

Ireland 1.25

Those stats are real, but they only reflect INTENTIONAL (as in premeditated) homicides, and not all homicides (such as those commited in the acts of other crimes).

You seem to be upset, so I gave you a star to cheer you up. I hope you enjoy it.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
2nd april 2012
7 shot Dead , 3 injured in Oakland
www.bbc.co.uk...

2nd april 2012
4 shot injured restuarant
www.hattiesburgamerican.com...|mostview

1st April 2012
2 Shot Dead, 12 shot injured miami
edition.cnn.com...

8th March 2012
2 shoot dead, 7 shot injured pittsburgh
www.cbsnews.com...

27th February 2012
3 shot dead , 2 shot wounded
www.foxnews.com...

22nd February 2012
5 shot dead, atlanta
edition.cnn.com...

29th January 2012
5 shot dead Birmingham, Ala
www.reuters.com...

This is only a few of the mass shootings over the last couple of months. Its not including the single shooting incidents or the huge amount of suicides carried out with guns. Its only the start of April and the bodies are piling up from gun crimes in the US. The US society is sick. It needs help. The gun needs to be taken off the american citizen. These statistics are only going to get worse. THe US like a lot of soceities are under serious pressure. Its people are angry, anxious, scared, struggling and unfortunately trigger happy. How many people in the US are at breaking point and are armed?

The only excuse that is wheeled out time and again is, 'its part of our constitution' or protect ourselves from the government. What a joke. The US society are completely at each others throats. The governments have nothing to worry about.

Well did you ever think it might be time to change the constitution. Its 2012. Maybe its time for a new one?

The population of America needs to be disarmed. You don't hear too much from the government because they seem to be content for the citizens to be killing each other.

The problem is , its like trying to get an alcoholic to stop drinking or a junkie off drugs. They are so addicted to their drink or drugs or weapon they are blind to the truth.

When a population is allowed to arm themselves with small weapons of death , and when there is so many guns in the population, doesn't the population become a weapon of mass destruction.

How do you convince a nation to grow up and realise its time to put down the guns?

Very good article i found here while looking around on this;
www.guardian.co.uk...

A.) NOT UNTIL COPS GIVE THEM UP FIRST.

B.) You're a moron at best. I'll bet ten to one that none of the guns in those articles you posted are registered...which means they're illegal...which means there is no way to regulate them anyhow. You anti-gun nuts are the dumbest of the bunch.

Do you know what my .45 under my drivers seat does for me? It keeps me from getting into altercations. You know how? Because it's a constant reminder that if I flip someone off in traffic and that person follows me or attempts to hurt me, that person may lose their life. Knowing I have the power, keep ME in check because I would never want to hurt someone so badly that they succumb to their injuries. I couldn't live with myself.

Not only that, but it's my protection against people who may want to take what I have or harrass/assault me or my loved ones. Anyone who walks around without a gun these days, is a complete deaf dumb moron. The MORE people are armed, the less likely a criminal (with an unregistered and completely untrackable gun) is going to attempt to rob/kill/etc people because the chances of getting killed while committing a crime go up.

The second guns are illegal, I promise you, crime will skyrocket as thugs and gangsters will all of a sudden realize that normal citizens who obey the laws are now 100% helpless against their unregistered weapons and low moral standards.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

I don't know about rapes and assaults in Canada but you are way off with your assertion that Australia, New Zealand and Ireland have higher per capita murder rates than the US

No I'm not. Your source is limited to intentional (premeditated) murders, and not those that occur during the commision of other crimes such as burglaries, home invasions, and domestic disputes. Here is a source that shows stats for all murders.

The US doesn't even rank in the top 37, while Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland do.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

nice, beats the hell out of my 1942 smle 303 british. Orange arsenal

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The US murder rate is four times that of Europe, which strictly controls hand guns

Honest people provide sources. Where's yours? Please don't "cherry pick" by showing one that only shows a particular type of murder. Use one that shows all types.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

The US murder rate is four times that of Europe, which strictly controls hand guns

Honest people provide sources. Where's yours? Please don't "cherry pick" by showing one that only shows a particular type of murder. Use one that shows all types.

See ya,
Milt

A lot of those stats the gun control people cite include suicides also.

Firearm deaths are nowhere near as common as the alarmists want people to think, but death from alcohol poisoning rarely makes the news.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Weapons were banned by invaders in Okinawa many times over the years.

They turned farming implements into weapons and developed Shotokan Karate.

Some people, without any guns or weapons, walk with the ability to kill. What should we ban to fix that?

12 year old girls... You know someone must have taught her that. My kids know how.

One of the classmates who watched the fight told the Long Beach Press-Telegram that the other girl grabbed Ramos by her hair and slammed her knee into Ramos' forehead. Ramos began to bleed from the nose and lip, the classmate told the paper.

Ramos felt ill after the fight and died hours later at a local hospital. The coroner's office labeled her death a homicide but no arrests have been made.

Officials with the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office said no case has been officially brought to them and that the police investigation is ongoing. Authorities have refused to discuss the nature of the trauma the girl suffered or what criminal charges, if any, could be faced by the other girl in the fight.

Long Beach police called the case highly unusual and delicate, given the ages of the victim and the possible suspect, and the seemingly benign origin of the fight. Officials said they had no idea what the outcome of their investigation might be, or whether criminal charges are warranted.

LA Times Story 12 YO killed knee to head
edit on 4-4-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Let's check the facts...

en.wikipedia.org...

If we compare the rates of intentional homicides, by country, the US is down on the list friends.

In fact, there are 33 countries beating us....including the chart-toppers (Honduras, El Salvador, Venezuela, Belize, Jamaica, Bahamas, etc.)

When comparing murder rates, one should include murders committed during the commission of other crimes. Here is a source that does that.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 4-4-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

You know what?

The amount of people killed by civilian gun violence is miniscule in comparison to those killed by Governments.

I am so happy that you and others like you choose not to be armed, perhaps the violent offenders will target you and spare me from having to use my weapons, something I never hope to have to do.

One thing though, don't be a hypocrite, if your time comes to be face to face with a killer, take it like a man.

I know I will!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

You have no liberty or freedom

Do you honestly believe the gun gives you freedom and liberty?

wow..its really sad to think people like you actually do believe their own bs.....

"Come and take em"......America is so full of John Wayne wannabies

Well aren't you a complacent little slave to your master overlords?

This is why I jumped the pond, and you stayed complacent.

Do you believe your own BS? I wonder how you would feel about citizens not being allowed to own guns when your overlords have one pointed at you.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

How do you convince a nation to grow up and realise its time to put down the guns?

When you convince its criminals to grow up and realize it's time to stop being criminals.

^ THIS.

But to the OP: Sorry! I've done NOTHING to bar me from owning weapons....And i'm NOT just going to sheepishly hand 'em over because someone else doesn't like them.

why we own weapons? i'll put it like this:

"When I wake up and roll left, My wife is there. When I crack a joke. My nieces/nephews laugh with their uncle. When I need advice. Mom/Dad seem to give the most solid advice and when I see the future, I see my eventual children."
Those are the reasons I do what I can to Be a Protector. Family. I will NOT leave my safety up to someone I dont know.
edit on 4-4-2012 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Hey Milt, you still on hear lying through your teeth?

Only dishonest people make accusations without providing evidence. So... Where is your evidence?

By the way, the proper word would have been "here". I'm just trying to be helpful. You seem to need all that you can get.

Did you enjoy the star I gave you?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Wow, we suck,

no where near the top.

Need to work on that. Looks like the old USSR countries are the ones to watch.

Crime Statistics > Murders (per capita) (most recent) by country

Showing latest available data. Select another time period:
Rank Countries Amount Date
# 1 Turkey: 184.053 per 1 million people 2006
# 2 Belarus: 100.35 per 1 million people 2006
# 3 Lithuania: 81.84 per 1 million people 2006
# 4 Albania: 80.637 per 1 million people 2006
# 5 Estonia: 79.043 per 1 million people 2006
# 6 Ukraine: 47.841 per 1 million people 2006
# 7 Turkmenistan: 45.335 per 1 million people 2006
# 8 Latvia: 44.17 per 1 million people 2006
# 9 Croatia: 42.59 per 1 million people 2006
# 10 Romania: 39.226 per 1 million people 2006
# 11 Tajikistan: 33.824 per 1 million people 2006
# 12 Finland: 32.73 per 1 million people 2006
# 13 Slovenia: 22.027 per 1 million people 2006
# 14 Bulgaria: 20.522 per 1 million people 2006
# 15 Hungary: 19.391 per 1 million people 2006
# 16 Sweden: 18.02 per 1 million people 2006
# 17 Belgium: 17.929 per 1 million people 2006
# 18 Australia: 17.007 per 1 million people 2006
# 19 Portugal: 15.298 per 1 million people 2006
# 20 Switzerland: 13.169 per 1 million people 2006
# 21 Italy: 12.259 per 1 million people 2006
# 22 Slovakia: 10.957 per 1 million people 2006
# 23 Poland: 9.813 per 1 million people 2006
# 24 Denmark: 9.395 per 1 million people 2006
# 25 Netherlands: 8.674 per 1 million people 2006
# 26 Luxembourg: 8.657 per 1 million people 2006
# 27 France: 8.093 per 1 million people 2006
# 28 Austria: 7.16 per 1 million people 2006
# 29 New Zealand: 5.818 per 1 million people 2006
# 30 Ireland: 5.464 per 1 million people 2006
# 31 Norway: 5.384 per 1 million people 2006
# 32 Singapore: 3.87 per 1 million people 2006
# 33 Iceland: 3.345 per 1 million people 2006
# 34 Cyprus: 2.613 per 1 million people 2006
# 35 Germany: 2.475 per 1 million people 2006
# 36 Malta: 2.469 per 1 million people 2006
# 37 Spain: 0.781 per 1 million people 2006
Weighted average: 28.7 per 1 million people

edit on 4-4-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
When the guns are gone the genocide will go crazy. Anyone brainwashed into thinking the constitution isn't worth dying for, and that gun owners are crazy... will find they've been boot-licking their own killers.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Time to take the gun from the American public...time for the criminal to laugh and go crazy more like.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Good answer! I also believe that with that privelege comes a great responsibility- that of knowing how to care for and use correctly the TOOL in your hand, and yes folks, it IS just a tool. Being an accurate shot is also part of that responsibility.

OP, although I commend you standing up for what you believe in- I gave you a flag for it and a star, I don't agree, but I respect your views.

SK

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You're pretty good at calling people names and making accusations. When it comes making a rational post, or backing up your claims, you fail miserably. It doesn't even appear that you have the capacity to be reasonable.

You've obviously got a huge chip on your shoulder, but that's your problem, so I honestly don't care.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Though you didn't provide one, your source likely only shows intentional (premeditated) homicides, and not those committed during the commission of other crimes such as burglaries, home invasions, and rapes. Here is a source that ranks countries by TOTAL murders per capita.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Look I'm a hunter and an outdoorsman, and one of my favorite year round hobbies is target shooting. So you can guess I have an opinion about gun control. Oh and I even have a License to Carry a Handgun in my state.

So I'm not very convinced by your "evidence" you present as a need to disarm the American populace. Your basically saying that criminals are commiting criminal acts so it is time to turn over our guns. I guess that makes since we can have less shootings cause who needs to be afraid about mass stabbings which will be a lot quiter and easier to commit approaching a known unarmed suspeect. Okay now pass the obvious statements I will take this a little farther into my beliefs.

I belive that we have an inherant right to self defense, and that it comes from our creator. As such the right is given to us at birth, and the constitution is just there as a recogniton of that. We also have a right to use the most effective means necessary. I have only gotten a permit as an act of good faith and don't actually see it as permitting me to carry as I had the right at birth, and because I'm not a criminal and don't plan on being one.

I am a very laid back person and go out of my way to avoid conflict. I am more likely to run away from danger presented to my person than to engage it. I view the life of the potential attacker as being given to him by God and I don't want to take away a gift from God. If I am cornered and can not run I will try to talk and reason my way out of the circumstances that is making the person agressive. If I can not reason and it goes physical I will try to stop the attack without causing injury to the person and looking for a chance to run. If that becomes impossible I will inflict the minimal amount of damage necessary to allow a chance to get away. If all else has been exhausted and my life is at risk, I will take the persons life in preservation of my own. Always trying to get a chance to break contact and run.

All that being said, I will be honest I have thought it out and had the conversations with those I confide in about the government coming to take the weapons of the citizens. Trying to be realistic and think of multiple approaches they may take in the process of removing guns from the population. And I have decided that it is an evil thing to come and disarm a populace of their most effective last ditch approach to self defense, a chosen way to gather food and the ability to be well practiced in shooting skills should the draft ever be reinstated. I have made my choice today should the possibility become a reality tomorrow that the military/police/goverment sanctioned citizens come to take my guns. I highly suggest that everyone give serious consideration to those possibilities and anymore you may think of and decide today your choice.

I will view these people as an arm of the enemy that is fighting against the individuals God given rights. I know that they will not be laying down their arms and will not be protecting me after I would hand over mine. I have decided for myself what I will do and you can most likely figure it out. Based on history I think it is the only real option as the alternative most likely ends the same way only your taking it in the back of the head in front of a hole instead of on your feet in your home.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
dumb*** thread try it

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join