It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
too late to ban guns in america. Part of their culture, the old frontier, enshrined in their constitution etc

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
Sorry, so your worried about nazis?

And you think democracy is a sham?

Good luck.

come on cap't.
take at a look at the fascii all over US gov't buildings. hidden in plain view.

the honest masonic members here can tell you the plan.

don't call 'em nazis then. call 'em what they are: fascists with a communitarian agenda for the masses.
no idea what the plan is? the communist/capitalist dialectic is complete. now comes the NEW order.

LOL.
of course democracy is a scam. another diversion to keep the people from revolting - the promise they can make a "change" every 4 years.....but Diebold runs the show. not the public.

but history students know this.
good luck relying on your benevolent gov't who shuffled in the Patriot Act which was miraculously prepared before 9-11.

hehehe.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Christie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

2) Right, as I said most people on here seem to think America is in the grips of tyranny of some sort... guns didn't stop that from happening, eh?

seriously you must be joking.....your throwing generalizations all over the place....

So the law abiding gun owners on ATS discuss freedoms being encroached, instead of going out with our weapons and dropping the evil illuminati guberment members in a paranoid frenzy...Because of this we need our guns taken away?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There's...."one gun for every 12 people on this planet. The question is---How do we arm the other 11?"
Quote from one of my favorite movies: Lord of War

"I like guns"---Title of one of my favorite songs and music videos on YouTube. I like guns..... guns are fun too shoot. I've been a shooting enthusiast, for a number of year's, and I cherish the fact that I live in the USA, that guarantees the right to keep and bear arms provided by the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Any law that deny's the ownership of gun's too law abiding sane people--- should be taken on face value as nothing but the jackboot authority of government repression and dictatorship.

Cheers,

Erno86
edit on 4-4-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I know it's old and tired and yet still true. The only time a gun is a danger is in the hands of criminals who do not care about the law to begin with. It is literally true that if you take the guns away from hunters, target shooters and enthusiasts that only the criminals will still have guns.

This is the same old punish the innocent mentality. No gun ever self-animated and shot anyone.

Instead of punishing the innocent, I propose that we punish the guilty. Your list means only that the people involved should not have guns and that they should be punished. If a Dog bites you, you don't shoot the Cat just in case.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker808

No, but you can't have it both ways:

Guns are the only thing protecting the US from tyranny.

AND

The US is suffering from political and economic and corporate tyranny.

--

If guns were doing the job you guys claim they were all of this # you complain about shouldn't exist.

The biggest push to censor the world's internet isn't coming from China, but form the US. Fair and free elections? Not in the US.

And on and on.

And they don't even keep you as safe as you'd be in places with almost no guns... funny huh?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The vast majority of murder in the US is committed with guns.

The US murder rate is four times that of Europe, which strictly controls hand guns (but allows guns for hunting).

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by truthseeker808

No, but you can't have it both ways:

Guns are the only thing protecting the US from tyranny.

AND

The US is suffering from political and economic and corporate tyranny.

--

If guns were doing the job you guys claim they were all of this # you complain about shouldn't exist.

The biggest push to censor the world's internet isn't coming from China, but form the US. Fair and free elections? Not in the US.

And on and on.

And they don't even keep you as safe as you'd be in places with almost no guns... funny huh?

So in your mind, guns should solve ALL problems, or NONE, with no happy medium?

I do still wait for your proof.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Boo-Hoo, here is a tissue oxygen thief (or paid shill)!

2nd line follwed by two bullets

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have to admit I am a little surprised at how agressively people wish to defend their right to own a gun.
The majority of gun owners are not willing to give a milli-metre on this. It reminds me a little of how the american government behaves in trying to govern the planet. Its a kinda of a bullying approach.

It would be unfortunate if there was violence if the government tried to remove guns from society. Judging by repsonses here there most certainly would be violence.

I would be much happier if the government did not have to remove guns from society. I would much rather see a society that decided for itself it didn't want guns anymore. A society that was mature enough to realise guns are not beneficial.

Another trend I am noticing is the non-stop repeating of several well know catch-phrases of gun-owners. Its actually coming across that some people are behaving as if they have been brainwashed. (how many more times are we going to see 'from my cold dead hands.')
Rather than all the benefits you believe you attain by owning a gun the simple fact is that you are merely a consumer in the weapons industry.

I would also like to make it clear that it is not been my intention to upset people with this thread. Judging by quite a few respones many people have no respect for me for questioning something like this. I can promise you that I have the upmost respect for all you gun owners that have contributed to the thread. I am very curious to see if there was any change on the horizon for this issue. It seems there is not a the slightest hint of a change coming. As a result I would be a little concerned for how the future will turn out.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have one thing to say to the OP... Over-emotional knee jerk reaction.

Guns are banned in Britain yet gun crime is on the increase.

Banning guns from the general public does not stop criminals from obtaining guns...

Sadly, you will always get the odd nut job that blows away his friend/wife/mother etc... with a legally obtained firearm. But if you ban guns the nut jobs will use a knife/hammer/bare hands etc...

Instead of screaming for a ban of what kills the person how about looking at what makes a person want to kill??

Lack of morals, mental illness, breakdown of family’s, urban environments, lack of education and discipline, the rise of the anti-hero, gang culture (although i hate to call it culture) and many other social issues...

40,000 people a year, in the USA, are killed by cars... Should we ban cars? Or deal with what causes the car to crash?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The US murder rate is four times that of Europe, which strictly controls hand guns (but allows guns for hunting).

its not that simple.
if we can't see behind the 'crime rates' and social engineering that increases violence especially in the heavily indoc'd US somethings wrong.

BAN PROZAC. that's a start. stop robbing people's savings. another step.
stop illegal wars. another step.

TV and degradation of US culture, the dumbing down in education are two causes - old war tactics.
and that too, my friend, is part of the agenda.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Wrong.

The vast majority of murder in the US is committed BY PEOPLE... or 'individuals' for those who need a more thorough definition.

You can take 100 loaded guns, place them in a room together for 100 years and chances are, after that century, not a single gun had killed another. But take 100 people and place them on an island WITHOUT guns for that same 100 years, and you would undoubtedly return to find out there had been murders.

Next step? Outlaw rocks, coconuts, stone knives and poison fish.

Now then, go fix the world.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
I have to admit I am a little surprised at how agressively people wish to defend their right to own a gun.
The majority of gun owners are not willing to give a milli-metre on this.

That's funny right there.

"You're all a bunch of bullys for not caving into my demands!"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmertSpionam1

Boo-Hoo, here is a tissue oxygen thief (or paid shill)!

2nd line follwed by two bullets

thanks man.

first in the head, second in the heart please.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Instead of screaming for a ban of what kills the person how about looking at what makes a person want to kill??

Lack of morals, mental illness, breakdown of family’s, urban environments, lack of education and discipline, the rise of the anti-hero, gang culture (although i hate to call it culture) and many other social issues...

exactly.
but what is the global governance crowd's answer?
more PC conditioning; more fear-mongering; more pharmaceuticals; more jail for petty crime; more cultural and moral degradation - through media. the bad guys know exactly what they are doing.

why not look directly at the perps for a change?
they've got the (private) NYPD with machine guns guarding their banks.

and the TSA prepping the nation for total submission.

have we forgotten this ALREADY?:

""We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." - Obama

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

its honestly not emotional or knee-jerk.

something i ain't understood since I arrived here.(should specify i mean on the planet ,not onATS)

and the whole 'nut-job' title is being thrown around a lot in this thread.

I am truly beginning to believe that there is only 'nut-jobs' left here. (myself included of course) (same here, on the planet, not just ATS)

edit on 4-4-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

No I've kicked doors with my Army unit and after ETSing and falling on bad times as the bad guy people on this board like to talk about.

No one is ever prepared...

If you're known to pack heat, you just get shot on sight...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The majority of gun owners are not willing to give a milli-metre on this.

I'll give 9 mm or 7.62, take your pick.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
My guns will NEVER be taken from me, unless they are taken from my cold dead hands sir! That's it, and that's final. Because the day my guns are taken from me, there would be no other reason to live, or be an American citizen. This would mean the Constitution has been destroyed, and the endless other laws coming would be a disgrace to America. So I would be better off dead, rather to go on living in a country I do not believe, or belong in.

As a vaguely interested foreign observer it seem to me pretty extreme to say " the Consitution has been destroyed " if there was to be gun law amendment.

The whole Constitution thing seems to me to be pretty bogus. The right to bear arms bit was written over 200 years ago for a completely different world. it was framed in terms of a well regulated militia but I don't see many posters on here saying they want to belong to a militia. Anyway, didn't the Constitution originally provide for slavery ? Times change and things can be amended.

You are most definitely wrong in your assertion that most americans on here wouldn't like to belong to a militia. The reason you don't hear them talking about it on here is because it is essentially illegal. It's called domestic terrorism now-a-days, and it can get detained indefinitely under the patriot act, as well as the NDAA.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying I personally want to join a militia. But if pushed to the breaking point by our government, the vast majority of americans would, IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join