It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Personally I am pro gun regulations as long as they are reasonable. Specifically checking people's background, psychological makeup, banning automatic weapons. Banning guns is not only overkill, but actually encourages more crime to take please because the criminal has nothing to fear from you. He knows he would have the advantage over you if you have a knife, baseball bat, or bare fists.

Not only that but it is becoming more and more apparent that something VERY EVIL is in the works lately. I don't know if it is a world government backed by corporate conglomerates, an alien invasion, civil war, whatever.

Hold on to your guns for dear life but use caution as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u

Originally posted by juggernaut0907
Its not the firearm you need to fear, its the person behind the trigger. A gun is just a piece of molded metal and polymer. I believe that everyone that buys a gun needs to go for a psych exam first before being allowed to own one.

I would agree with the psych exam, but I know if a person really wants to they can lie their way out of those things and come out sane. My ex-wife did it when she wanted custody of her son back. One day shes bi-polar, borderline personality, PTSD, and nuts. The next day, shes clear headed and sane and just fine.

I am glad to be an american. My job requires alot of stops in high crime places and high profile places such as banks and govt buildings as well as medical offices with million dollar equipment. I am never alone on these jobs, I usually have my friend .38 special or my 9mm with me, and they are great company.

Thank you forefathers for making sure we kept our inalienable God given rights until the breaking day.

Maybe we should extend that exam to include politicians, clergy, teachers, police officers, drivers, bankers, pilots, etc. Especially politicians, as they are responsible for killing more folks than the others. But then we wouldn't have anywhere for the sociopaths to go, except the jails I suppose.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaKrok

Funny as hell.

A self-righteous ego-maniacal power-monger might not pass a test to own a gun but he can order the invasion of a nation and the carpet bombing of a village.

Reminds me of this: A First Rate Madness: Uncovering the Links Between Mental Illness and Leadership

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Goblin

In my opinion that makes less sense than what your government you always moan about does.

Your argument makes no sense when one admits that firearms are not the only way murders are committed.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

As the saying goes - You can't have your cake and eat it too.

That saying is false! And it is especially so, if one has a firearm to keep another from stealing it.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it ! tyranny and corruption can happen in any era !

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You said it yourself "society is at each other's throats"
Pray tell, how does someone like myself who is handicapped protect themselves and their family?
And no, having the police coming to count the victims is not an answer.

The sad fact is most of those links you provided those people might not be victims if they had exercised their right to carry firearms. The VA tech massacre only happened because they changed their policy so that students could not carry guns on campus.

Are you also seriously suggesting we only trust the government to be armed?
As if their track record were testimony to that end.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Just as I thought. Another thread full of people who claim america would be safer without guns, another thread full of people who absolutely cannot back that up.

Just another day on ATS...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Death by Car is Very high.
a lot higher than gun.
take the cars from people.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by Blaine91555

The vast majority of murder in the US is committed with guns.

The US murder rate is four times that of Europe, which strictly controls hand guns (but allows guns for hunting).

False. All murders are committed by criminals. A gun is an inanimate object. A gun is only dangerous if it's in a criminals hands. Criminals simply don't care if they are illegal to posses. It's simply a fact that if you take the guns from innocent people who are not criminals, the criminals will still have guns.

Your idea is like saying holes are dug by shovels. Not true. They are dug with shovels.

I have no issue with background checks, which are already done in all legal cases now. Criminals don't buy their guns the legal way. If you close the legal stores it will matter not to the criminals as they don't use them anyway.
edit on 4/4/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I am talking about removing all guns from society.

Considering your title of "Time to take the gun from the American public!", I don't believe you.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Discussing guns is almost like discussing narcotics.

What would one say if they knew that very rich and influential people are behind trafficking weapons and narcotics. In fact they are so rich and influential that they are WAY ABOVE ANY GOVERNMENT! I am not talking mafia here, something waaayyyy worse.

It is ALL AN ILLUSION to keep these individuals connected, powerful, rich and unaccountable. If they wanted to stop narcotics and guns they could EASILY do so, but then we have port authority saying they only scan five to ten percent of all containers arriving each day to keep commerce running fast and efficient. At the airport they only examine regular folks for narcotics, weapons and illegal smuggling. Those with real connections are never checked and even if they are it is all rubber stamping.

Yes some things should be illegal, but not for the purpose of encouraging power monopolies, FOR the purpose of making society stable and prosperous. I don't feel like mesmerising people, but those with years of alternative research already know all this.

My suggestion is buy 1 or 2 guns ONLY, buy lots of ammo, learn to use it properly, respect its potential.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I didn't say committed by I said committed WITH.

Amazing the number of gun nuts that can't read.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Hey Milt, you still on hear lying through your teeth?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well i was gonna have more to say but it looks like everyone already stated my thoughts.

All the criminals would keep there guns despite the law, and the law abiding citizens would suffer. Drugs are illegal, but people still do them right?

Not to mention i would be more afraid of Uncle Sam having guns and us not having any.....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In the first full year of gun 'control' in Australia, gun crime went up 44%, yep, outlaw guns, then only outlaws can have them, the massacre that brought about the gun ban in Australia was staged, none of the reports ring true, at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
In the first full year of gun 'control' in Australia, gun crime went up 44%, yep, outlaw guns, then only outlaws can have them, the massacre that brought about the gun ban in Australia was staged, none of the reports ring true, at all.

There seem to be zombies walking around who do not deserve guns. These people are allowed and encouraged to go on shooting sprees for the very purpose of scaring the clueless people into surrendering the second amendment.

The norway massacre is a clear example of this. People should research MK-Ultra and Project Artichoke, all cia fascist oriented. There was even a discovery network program discussing how someone could be duped into thinking they are doing god's work in cleansing society of make-believe scum. Mind control by low frequency signals transmitted from cell phone towers and hypnotic suggestions combined with drug use are examples.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I didn't say committed by I said committed WITH.

Amazing the number of gun nuts that can't read.

I'm a gun nut? Hardly. Why the personal attack simply because we disagree?

What I'm saying is that taking guns away from the innocent will do nothing to stop the guilty. Taking them away from criminals will not change the criminal culture.

Our murder rates are high due to the Inner City Culture, Drugs and Gangs. If you close every gun store in the US and take all the innocent citizens guns away, those people who are the problem will still have just as many guns. The murder rate would likely go up as they would know that all law abiding citizens are completely unarmed and that the Police cannot respond for 5 to 20 minutes.

The answer is to deal with the Gangs and the Criminal Culture in the poor Inner City neighborhoods. Most of these killings you mention are one criminal killing another criminal and that is another simple fact.

If you have visited here, you know that in rural America where the highest level of gun ownership exists, the crime rates are very, very low. The US is not like the UK. Our rural communities are nothing like the cesspools in the Inner Cities where all the crime occurs and like I said is mostly one criminal killing another criminal. To compare the UK to the US is false logic.

The US is literally like fifty countries.

For example, even tough I live in Alaska now, my roots are in Idaho, where it's hard to find anyone who does not own a gun or guns. Yet Idaho's rate per 100,000 is lower than that of the UK. You can't mix apples and oranges.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by BenReclused

Hey Milt, you still on hear lying through your teeth?

hey, captain, you still on HERE ignoring my request that you prove the claim you made?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

You wonder why people get the wrong opinion of rednecks?

I don't! That opinion comes from people, such as yourself, that use "redneck" as a derogatory term to describe others, so they can feel better about themselves.

See ya,
Milt

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join