It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The Rapture Happened?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, assuming that the rapture would actually happen I would asume that it would happen post-tribulation, and @ the second coming of christ per 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18, “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. 17 THEN WE WHO ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN SHALL BE CAUGHT UP(raptured) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

I don't think it's something that's going to go by without people noticing. I think it'd be hard to miss Jesus on a cloud with trumpets blaring and Angels shouting after seven years of having our butts handed to us on a silver plater by The Most High. Although, then again, people might be so scared stiff by that sight that they don't notice people floating away, so maybe you're right in part.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If the Rapture happened most of us would move on, you went to Heaven because only the meek were allowed to inherit the Earth.

If you believe in pre-tribulation rapture, oh boy, just don't sit near me I'll either sneeze at you or laugh in your face.

If you believe we're in the period of the tribulation, well good news everyone at least it'll be over before you knew it began, we have weapons ready to destroy the entire earth in spite of how hard it is to use them everyday household chemicals can be utilized to wipe your own city off the face of the map in case you didn't want to bow to the overlord of fear and hate.

I want to be wheat not tares and it's hard to make those who think they're unworthy of being the breakfast of champions into anything but flares.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Dear God:

It sure would be nice to be raptured any day now.

LOL.

Rebelling against the world is tough business.....stressful.

I understand why God used to get so angry in the old days!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Let's say the rapture would actually happen.

Would we actually notice?

Millions of people go missing each year in the world, so I personally don't think people would notice if the Rapture actually happens.

For all we know, it may actually have happened and all those so called self proclaimed Christians aren't.

edit on 3-4-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

The Harpazo has not happened yet, this will not be an event the world will be able to ignore and sweep under the rug like it does all the biblical archeaological proof it blatantly ignores.

The appointed time has not happened yet. Jesus said we wouldn't know the day or hour of his second coming only the season (determined by the stars/signs in the heavens), the harpazo event was not included in that because it comes before his second coming. The Time of Sorrows began last fall with the fulfillment of Revelation 12.

"Self proclaimed christians"? Is that like self proclaimed muslim? Self proclaimed jew? Self proclaimed hindu? Self proclaimed atheist? Spare your hypocrisy. Take the plank out of your own eye before you attend to the splinter in everyone else's eye.
edit on 3-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The Harpazo has not happened yet, this will not be an event the world will be able to ignore and sweep under the rug like it does all the biblical archeaological proof it blatantly ignores.

The appointed time has not happened yet. Jesus said we wouldn't know the day or hour of his second coming only the season (determined by the stars/signs in the heavens), the harpazo event was not included in that because it comes before his second coming. The Time of Sorrows began last fall with the fulfillment of Revelation 12.

"Self proclaimed christians"? Is that like self proclaimed muslim? Self proclaimed jew? Self proclaimed hindu? Self proclaimed atheist? Spare your hypocrisy. Take the plank out of your own eye before you attend to the splinter in everyone else's eye.
edit on 3-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

You state that the harpazo comes "before his second coming." How do you figure this? 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 specifically state that it will happen at the sound of God's trumpet AFTER the resurrection. The resurrection of 1 Corinthians 15:23 involves all the Christians and happens “at the coming of Jesus.” Verses 51 and 52 describe this as a mystery which will occur in the twinkling of an eye at the last trumpet. The resurrection of Revelation 11:15-18 (“the time came for the dead to be judged”) happens at the seventh (i.e., last of a sequence of seven) trumpet and this is after the time of the Great Tribulation. The resurrection of the dead found in Revelation 20:4 occurs after the arrival of Jesus to destroy the Beast and False Prophet (Rev. 19:20, 21). The resurrection described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 occurs at the day of the Lord (1 Thess. 5:2) when sudden destruction comes upon the unsuspecting world (1 Thess. 5:3). The gathering of the church to the Lord at the coming of Jesus promised in 2 Thessalonians 2:1 will not occur until after the Man of Sin is revealed (“The day of the Lord will not come until the apostasy comes first and the man of sin is revealed,”v3) All of these are post tribulation resurrections and some mention this taking place @ the coming of Jesus. Where do you get that the rapture will happen before Christ comes?
edit on 3-4-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: ff

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It will start with a sudden dimming of the Sun. On a day that a solar eclipse is not due.
And the nearly full moon will turn blood red.
It will start to get cold.
People will find that their cameras, Iphones, mobile phones, TVs, radios, anything with a RFID in it-all remote keyfobs, cars, garage openers, all stop working.
It will happen in secret, for several reasons.
This is to protect those who have implants in their visual cortex, as they have been primed to explode, if they are found outside the Earth's atmosphere.
Also I have noticed God wants your friendship, faith and trust, not your blind devotion. So He hides things for us to find and believe in.

Then people who have been marked with God's mark are taken. And their pets.
(Many people who have had OBEs and night visions, say they saw spaceships in Heaven. Personally I believe Jesus came up with spaceship technology well before everyone else. An ancient teleportation technology is a blue rim of light you walk into and arrive in a 'twinkling of an eye' to your destination. Sacre bleu.)

Then next day the Sun comes up as normal and many people won't even notice that their neighbours have gone.
Bills won't get paid, mortgages won't get paid, banks could fail.
Catastrophes will happen more frequently, as those who pray against them, will be gone.

Afterwards, it will be explained as a Mass Alien abduction event and 'BTW sign here for the GPS bracelets that lets the Authorities know when you are being abducted'. Later on it will become the Beast's mark.

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Ah the old, "it's a secret"...

cool story bro...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Let's say the rapture would actually happen.

Would we actually notice?

Millions of people go missing each year in the world, so I personally don't think people would notice if the Rapture actually happens.

For all we know, it may actually have happened and all those so called self proclaimed Christians aren't.

edit on 3-4-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

you know that's a pretty big mystery considering all the seed banks and that thing they take form mothers now after their child is born...

I don't think the rapture is in the bible is it? I am not a scholar of its writings myself but man I hop I would have my name in that book. Earth is Hell most of the time now!

maybe the worthy have to do it again?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

The rapture is biblical(1 Thessalonians 4:17), but I've never seen any biblical evidence for a pre-tribulation get the hell out of dodge before the SHTF pass.
edit on 3-4-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: wrong verse

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Dang...sounds like one big cosmic easter egg hunt.....

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Destinyone

Scripture says it will occur in the twinkling of an eye. Gonna need some pretty quick cameras to catch that.

But there will be all these abandoned cars on the road. I figure that's when I'll pick up a Mercedes S-Class, assuming any of those owners are deserving and all. In any case, plenty of free wheels for leftovers.

Lookin' forward to it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
It will start with a sudden dimming of the Sun. On a day that a solar eclipse is not due.
And the nearly full moon will turn blood red.
It will start to get cold.
People will find that their cameras, Iphones, mobile phones, TVs, radios, anything with a RFID in it-all remote keyfobs, cars, garage openers, all stop working.
It will happen in secret, for several reasons.
This is to protect those who have implants in their visual cortex, as they have been primed to explode, if they are found outside the Earth's atmosphere.
Also I have noticed God wants your friendship, faith and trust, not your blind devotion. So He hides things for us to find and believe in.

Then people who have been marked with God's mark are taken. And their pets.
(Many people who have had OBEs and night visions, say they saw spaceships in Heaven. Personally I believe Jesus came up with spaceship technology well before everyone else. An ancient teleportation technology is a blue rim of light you walk into and arrive in a 'twinkling of an eye' to your destination. Sacre bleu.)

Then next day the Sun comes up as normal and many people won't even notice that their neighbours have gone.
Bills won't get paid, mortgages won't get paid, banks could fail.
Catastrophes will happen more frequently, as those who pray against them, will be gone.

Afterwards, it will be explained as a Mass Alien abduction event and 'BTW sign here for the GPS bracelets that lets the Authorities know when you are being abducted'. Later on it will become the Beast's mark.

Peace

Half of that stuff you're making up, specifically the first half. Implants in peoples brains primed to explode when its detected they have left earths atmosphere
, guess astronaughts are going to have a nasty headache.

No such thing as the sun dimming outside a solar eclipse barring a giant asteroid large enough to create a psuedo eclipse, or so much volcanic ashe thrown into the air it shadows the sun.

Jesus invented spaceships before everyone else??? You're demoting him to the status of a created being by suggesting he is an extraterrestrial and your attributing his power to technology versus his divinity...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

its a nice plan though eh? I don't know much about the bible... I learn alot about it here.

if I could travel to mars and terraform I'd take selected people too

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

Ahh yes...

Jesus: "I'm going to beat your ass by sending you through the tribulation, then we're going out to dinner. Now comfort yourselves with these words dearly beloved."

Us: "Uhh,.. thanks?"

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Dude the "last trump" is a Hebraism for the last trumpet blast blown that begins Rosh Hashanna. Revelation wasn't written yet when Paul said that.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by SisyphusRide

The rapture is biblical(1 Thessalonians 4:17), but I've never seen any biblical evidence for a pre-tribulation get the hell out of dodge before the SHTF pass.

Then you have no grasp for the purpose of Daniel's 70th week. It's to bring the Jewish elect to accept their Messiah and to crush the antichrist and his horde of demon puppets. The candlesticks in revelation are the churches, and when Christ is handed the scroll that begins Daniel's 70th week those candlesticks are in heaven. The church is not mentioned again on Earth after chapter 3. You have your Ecclesiology and Israeology twisted up.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Destinyone

Scripture says it will occur in the twinkling of an eye. Gonna need some pretty quick cameras to catch that.

But there will be all these abandoned cars on the road. I figure that's when I'll pick up a Mercedes S-Class, assuming any of those owners are deserving and all. In any case, plenty of free wheels for leftovers.

Lookin' forward to it.

I'm pretty sure even a Merc that instantly goes driver-less at interstate speed wouldn't be too drivable when you found it.

Just a guess tho.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

If it actually happened I bet there would be thousands of car wrecks. So many people drive cars, what would happen if I was driving down the road at 40mph then all of a sudden I got abducted up to heaven. My car would be riding ghost and crash into something. So if it happened there would be no doubt to it, everyone would notice.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Regarless of whether one believes the last trumpet and the seventh trumpet are the same the rapture is stated to take place after the resurection and at the second coming of Jesus. I've never seen any biblical eveidence of a pre trib resurrection. Have you?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Regarless of whether one believes the last trumpet and the seventh trumpet are the same the rapture is stated to take place after the resurection and at the second coming of Jesus. I've never seen any biblical eveidence of a pre trib resurrection. Have you?

Absolutely, so glad you asked. Eschatology has been a point of interest and specific study of mine since I was saved.

Best teacher I've ever seen in person, read, and own DVD teaching presentations from, Dr. Perry Stone Jr.:

and this is the video series I own, it's available for free now online:

also Dr. Missler is a fantastic teacher on the subject:

also:

After watching all these if you still have any questions I'd be more than happy and willing to talk more about the subject.

God Bless

edit on 4-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join