It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly Outside of my House on Google Maps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hey there ATS. I'll make this brief.

I recently moved halfway across the country for a job. I'm a relatively young man, and I was feeling a bit homesick - plus I just found out about that "quest" button on google maps. So I was having a little fun looking at my old hometown, and eventually decided to zoom up on my old house. Admittedly, I would get an odd feeling from time to time when I was at home, regardless of whether or not I was home, as long as I was "alone." It didn't happen very often, but every so often there would be a sound too peculiar to attest to racoons in the area, or a strange electric occurrence such as a bulb flickering off only to flicker back on once I stand up to check on it.

Don't worry ATS - I'm not that crazy. I'm a sensible man whose always chalked it up to the fact that I was a reader of conspiracy theory and my psyche.

I still think it's nothing.. just smoke and mirrors, perhaps a glitch in the camera.. but when I looked at my house direct from the from there was a small anomaly. An "orb" if you will, in the front of my house.

I'm curious as to your speculations.

No need to be rude, as I said - I myself think it's just smoke and mirrors.

I don't exactly know how to embed the "zoomed" versions of these images, so here are the links to the imgur uploads I made, so you may zoom for yourself.

imgur.com...

And in this one, the "orb" is marked, and you have one further zoom:

imgur.com...

Lastly, this stand alone image has the maximum zoom offered via google maps:

i.imgur.com...

P.S. I removed the address and link and what-not. I'd rather not have people know where the house is.
edit on 1-4-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I love looking for orbs, but I cannot see
What you are talking about...I see the light on your porch and the one on your mailbox.
I will look again later on a better computer...can you mark it?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm afraid I don't see what you're talking about, either. Could you circle the area of interest and upload the pic?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's that "light" on my porch. We don't have any lights hanging, nor anything reflective. The house is stone and anything made of wood is painted a shade of beige.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Added a marked version of the pic.
Also added a further zoom of the anomaly.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

Well then that is a little strange.
I saw it and wondered if that was what you meant but it looked like a porch light
hmmm?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It looks like the picture of your house was at dusk
Or you sure it's not your ceiling light on the porch?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I did notice that earlier and thought maybe that was it. Looks to me like just a glitch on the picture. Maybe a spot on the camera lens. Then, again, I'm no expert on photography or paranormal.

Interesting, though.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Indeed. It's actually in front of one of the two windows that gave me a creepy feeling in the late hours, too. Good thing I don't believe in ghosts, and I doubt aliens would find me worthy of wasting time on.

Maybe it's a glare in the lense? It's a 360 degree camera, I think.. so.. I'm not sure how that would work.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
In the closer view it does not appear to be on the house but rather a ways out from it.
I don't recognize it as anything familiar to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Well there's nothing there that it seems to be able to reflect off of. I mean, it's -near- the window, but it's not actually on or even touching the window. The only light we have in front is in front of the garage, which you can see in the image is far to the right of the anomaly.

I very seriously doubt it's a light coming from my house, though reflection from another object is obviously plausible.. It just doesn't appear to be sun coincidence.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It looks to me as if there's a dark ring around the anomaly, which would explain why some of you thought it was a light. Also, there appears to be a slight discoloration of everything within the "object's" immediate vicinity. Both of these speculations are made much more visible in the maximum zoom photo.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
That does look odd, sitting on one of the pillars.. more or less. Especially if you know there isn't a lamp there. Anyways, you think this orb is strange? What I find strange is - why a camera is pointing at your house. Can you explain that anomoly?

Do your parents have a job you know nothing about? CIA, FBI or something?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearEater
That does look odd, sitting on one of the pillars.. more or less. Especially if you know there isn't a lamp there. Anyways, you think this orb is strange? What I find strange is - why a camera is pointing at your house. Can you explain that anomoly?

Do your parents have a job you know nothing about? CIA, FBI or something?

CIA? You outta be more worried about google.

And if they have a job I know nothing about... I most certainly know nothing about it. Haha, just kidding.

But seriously, if you haven't noticed, google maps get a "little" too close for comfort.

edit on 2-4-2012 by thegagefather because: important quotations

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Something to keep in mind is that the Google street view picture in question is from 2007, so maybe you had a working light on your porch back then? *shrug*

Also another possibility could be a lone rain drop. It looks like it may be cloudy enough to rain in the picture. Here is an example of "rain orbs". These look pretty close to the camera but I took a picture once after a storm and got one to show up about 30 ft away from the camera.

Just speculation.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

thegagefather,
Wow!! Cool! Thank you for sharing this picture. I saw the 'orb' right off the bat! From the uneven placing it does not look like a porch light and since you said you dont have one anyways...hmm...
This is a very cool picture! Thank you for sharing, I LOVE pics like this

I wonder what, or who it is

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

Interesting theory. The dot itself is alone, so it's probably not rain specifically, but I could see it being something similar, perhaps a stray material caught in the wind.

No light, though. Lived there previous to 2007 up until 2012, never a light.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Admittedly, I can't help but think of the "Foo Fighters" of world war II..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Sorry if I offended ya on that question, but I had to ask and thanks for a reply.

As for Google, I know what you mean, I can see my location to a "T" also, but no 360 degree view, which is what you got there. Creepy, to say the least.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearEater

Sorry if I offended ya on that question, but I had to ask and thanks for a reply.

As for Google, I know what you mean, I can see my location to a "T" also, but no 360 degree view, which is what you got there. Creepy, to say the least.

No, you didn't offend me at all. A little creepy, I suppose. I don't think google taking pictures of everyone's front lawn is an issue at this point in time. Haha.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join