It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We can bring the government down': Truckers vow to halt Britain's traffic in support of striking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

It does have a tendency to focus the mind hey?? Maybe wake people up from their coma's or get them away from this Stockholm syndrome that people seem to have who vote for the clowns...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by YipMan

if a common man had enough public backing the powers that be would ensure that man never made it into parliment to implement any changes

i generally stay away from political debates but this whole shamble last week and this really needs public outcry and serious public action

I agree. Something like 95% of our government are multi-millionaires who come from long established, upper class and sometime noble wealthy families, who attend long established and influential private schools. They then make a 'career' out of politics. They get a very decent wage, numerous houses and do various other high paid jobs whilst supposedly serving their public. They will do what they need to do to make a success of their career when they are in office. After that who cares! They can retire to an endless circuit of lucrative after dinners speeches and author the odd book.

The recent scandal about David Cameron dining with millionaires at no. 10 made me laugh. As if David and Samantha Cameron aren't multi- millionaires themselves! They are just rubbing shoulders with their own kind

If only people who really cared about other people could become our leaders and not those that wish to make a name for themselves in politics.
edit on 2-4-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

You would have thought the privatisation of the NHS would have been enough to get the masses out of their collective trance.

I may be wrong, but I believe the government has used the shock doctrine on the British public. It has terrified the public about the cuts and the economy to the state where the public accept all of the governments actions.

“the shock doctrine”: using the public’s disorientation following massive collective shocks – wars, terrorist attacks, or natural disasters -- to achieve control by imposing economic shock therapy

www.naomiklein.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by YipMan

"It cost £335,000 and is part of a three-year project costing £725,000."

That's a lot of money for a rock popsicle. Wonder what the rest of the money is for? Put wrappers on them?

edit on 2-4-2012 by DAVID64 because: words of out order

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

Originally posted by YipMan

if a common man had enough public backing the powers that be would ensure that man never made it into parliment to implement any changes

i generally stay away from political debates but this whole shamble last week and this really needs public outcry and serious public action

I agree. Something like 95% of our government are multi-millionaires who come from long established, upper class and sometime noble wealthy families, who attend long established and influential private schools. They then make a 'career' out of politics. They get a very decent wage, numerous houses and do various other high paid jobs whilst supposedly serving their public. They will do what they need to do to make a success of their career when they are in office. After that who cares! They can retire to an endless circuit of lucrative after dinners speeches and author the odd book.

The recent scandal about David Cameron dining with millionaires at no. 10 made me laugh. As if David and Samantha Cameron aren't multi- millionaires themselves! They are just rubbing shoulders with their own kind

If only people who really cared about other people could become our leaders and not those that wish to make a name for themselves in politics.
edit on 2-4-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

David Camerons wealth has been speculated at for quite a while the figures range from £30Million to £100 Million
he seems to have come fro a very rich family

Sir Ewan Cameron; one of David’s great grandfathers helped the all powerful Rothschild sell war bonds during the war making enormous amounts of money at the cost of many Jewish lifes.

Rothschilds why does that not suprise me 1 bit

heres a quote allegedly from 1 of his constituent members
"One of the constituency members in Cameron’s home town has speculated that he has a personal fortune of £30m to £100m however every time he is asked he brushes the question aside with a silly smile, he comes from a great line of financiers and he has followed in his ancestors footsteps by becoming a senior partner in the prestigious firm Panmure Gordon. If you add all the land and hidden money it is estimated he has amassed a fortune of £500m"

Source
www.infobarrel.com...

i dont know how reliable that source is but it would not suprise me 1 bit if its true in regards to the figures

edit on 2-4-2012 by YipMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by YipMan

"It cost £335,000 and is part of a three-year project costing £725,000."

That's a lot of money for a rock popsicle. Wonder what the rest of the money is for? Put wrappers on them?

edit on 2-4-2012 by DAVID64 because: words of out order

what sickens me more about that story in regards to the rocks on platforms for £335,000
that money could have been distributed to Patients who are repeatadley told " we cant give you these cancer drugs cos they cost too much"

or play that money into schools,youth centers,help for the elderly

how is a bunch of rocks on sticks going to help theless fortunate when the games are over?

maybe something to shelter under when there homeless and freezing to death i suppose

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by YipMan

Quite an interesting video on the histories of our current party leaders. All of whom have had a very privileged up bringing , some more that others, with Cameron being related to the Queen and Clegg part of European aristocracy.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Then you are useless to us.as is your comment!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
@woodwardjnr
that video just adds even more insult to injury as far as the current economic climate in this country goes

truly sickening to know that these people are more than rich and have no need to care about the people there trampling daily

Truly Sickening!!!
edit on 2-4-2012 by YipMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Very enlightening.. It seems that liebour have as little of the common man with them as the tories...

What a joke

Not one of these people has had a real job or lived in the real world..

Time we changed this pattern... Clearly it does not work hey??

So much for Oxford, Eton and Cambridge...

They seem to produce out of touch, entitled, blinkered expert liars...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You only have that attitude, because you think you still have the luxury of being able to afford it.

...and you know that because....????

I truly, sincerely look forward to a time when people like you begin being rounded up and put into concentration camps; and rest assured, that it is coming. Then when it finally happens, you might start to realise just how completely naive and ovine, to the point of utter delusion, you really are. You might start to realise that the only thing that justifiers, and rationalisers, and collaborators, and appeasers, and those who insist on not rocking the boat, ultimately get, is death; and that is also the only thing you deserve.

Wow!

That says a lot about you. It seems you are trumpeting the demise of freewill and democracy to anyone who doesn't agree with your stance. To wish death on people, puts you up on a pedestal with many a tyrant, hopefully, if the government collapses and our democracy is run over, torn apart, we won't have someone with the morals like you have shown, put in charge of this Country.

I'm finding petrol prices too high, I hate the amount of tax we have to pay and would indeed like a cut. However, I don't and won't support a strike for other reasons which you won't even have considered.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

They seem to produce out of touch, entitled, blinkered expert liars...

It's the way they were raised. It's the way they raise their kids. Psychology explains why they seem to be so out of touch, entitled and how come so many of them are sociopathic liars and why a number of them are absolute psychopaths. My guess is they have to pride themselves in it, otherwise they wouldn't be able to live with themselves.

Support your truckers UK! Support 'em hard! Because they've made sure there was food in your supermarkets. They made sure there were textiles for you to cloth your kids with. Now it's your turn to support them!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

They all seem to do the same course, which is PPE, Politics, Philosophie and Economics. I think Rupert Murdoch has the same degree.

I actually thought about doing it myself on the Open University, to see what the course involves. It seems to have produced a bunch of politicians with a NeoLiberal ideology.

"Neo-liberalism" is a set of economic policies that have become widespread during the last 25 years or so. Although the word is rarely heard in the United States, you can clearly see the effects of neo-liberalism here as the rich grow richer and the poor grow poorer.

"Liberalism" can refer to political, economic, or even religious ideas. In the U.S. political liberalism has been a strategy to prevent social conflict. It is presented to poor and working people as progressive compared to conservative or Rightwing. Economic liberalism is different. Conservative politicians who say they hate "liberals" -- meaning the political type -- have no real problem with economic liberalism, including neoliberalism.

www.corpwatch.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

I fully and totally support this action

I cannot understand why it has taken this long for the people to kick off in the first place..

I think this is the beginning of the end of the political class in the UK

People power in the UK... I think the most tolerant nation on earth has just had enough...

God help them at westminster lol

Bring it on!!

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I fully support you supporting the action
It's about time too !

People power to rid our selves of shameful tory/lib alliance.
Lib dems will be decimated never to be heard of again, for their disgusting power grab against all there
principals.

True what the say say, Power corrupts, and the lib dems have been
corrupted absolutely.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Soon as I heard about this supposed strike I expected and hoped the truckers would chirp up.
Faith in humanity is restored a little right now.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by EvanB

I fully and totally support this action

I cannot understand why it has taken this long for the people to kick off in the first place..

I think this is the beginning of the end of the political class in the UK

People power in the UK... I think the most tolerant nation on earth has just had enough...

God help them at westminster lol

Bring it on!!

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I fully support you supporting the action
It's about time too !

People power to rid our selves of shameful tory/lib alliance.
Lib dems will be decimated never to be heard of again, for their disgusting power grab against all there
principals.

True what the say say, Power corrupts, and the lib dems have been
corrupted absolutely.

And what replaces that Con/Lib alliance? Labour? We are screwed to the wall on that one.

I agree, where there is power, it attracts those that seek to own it and achieve self gain.
No matter what system or party you have in place, those people will still try to get there.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Faith in humanity is restored a little right now.

It doesn't take much to restore faith in humanity does it? So you get a few pence off a litre of petrol. Good, I'd like it it too but it would take more to restore my faith back into humanity.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

The Lib Dems didn't even get their deposit back in the Bradford West bi election. That is absolutely shocking for a party that is currently in government.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Well it would restore even more if people got off their arses, and showed their support in such a way that would make the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee look like a complete joke.
A girl can dream can't she?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

"I think the most tolerant nation on earth has just had enough... "

Well said sir! well said!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join