It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We can bring the government down': Truckers vow to halt Britain's traffic in support of striking

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

The fact is that its time to stand as one, not just about oil or petrol prices but about the unfairness that we allow and condone in this country and this world. It wont stop by itself and it certainly wont just " not get any worse".

Stand as one behind who? What do they stand for?

It's just like the riots we had recently. Some scum went out on a shop lifting spree then people tried to hijack it by claiming they were doing it for the 'greater good' of everyone. No, its all about £.

As for the petitions or protests , are you saying they won't work in this case?

Hey, I'm all for 'go-slows' on motorways, blockading parliament, blockading main routes of transport (with exceptions for emergency vehicles) I'm not in favour of cutting off the fuel supply.
edit on 2-4-2012 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

ahh george galloway, he is one of the few politicians that i like (despite the whole "would you like me to be the cat" incident) and he seems to be a more level headed politician (david mitchell was way out of his depth when he interviewed him on the 10 O'clock show), sometimes though i can't help but think that george is sometimes only in it for himself, he's still miles better than the others. i just have a hard time trusting any politician. all politicians do is set budgets and declare war. they never solve problems.

example:-
if there were some stairs that were very dangerous to use what would be the solution?
Politicians answer- blame the carpenter and put a sign up.
Real solution- tear those stairs down and build new ones.

it's a crude metaphor but i think it communicates my point sufficiently.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanBI think this is the beginning of the end of the political class in the UK

You really think that this will be the end of the political class in the UK?!

Same thing happened a few years ago and nothing changed...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephamccoy
reply to post by fakedirt

example:-
if there were some stairs that were very dangerous to use what would be the solution?
Politicians answer- blame the carpenter and put a sign up.
Real solution- tear those stairs down and build new ones.

it's a crude metaphor but i think it communicates my point sufficiently.

I'd go for picking out the bad bits and repairing them. I'd still have a staircase where you'd be stuck on the ground floor.

btw George galloway in all-in one spandex........

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

I dont know.... It was not quite the same... People are feeling the pinch very badly... People are starting to wake up to our "leaders" who are despised more than they ever were on all all sides of the house..

I personally think this is about more than just fuel now... Its about getting OUR country back..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

i agree this is just a little bit of history repeating. it will take something like the complete and total privatisation of the NHS to send this country into a revolution.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Just like the anyone on ATS im all for change for the better. but the way this is turning out more harm than good will come of it.

These truckers will get branned with some "heretic" name "disturbers of the peace!"
I didnt pay into the petrol scare not one bit. didnt see any pump stations around me running out. its all to distract us from whats really going on. and MY GOD they're doing a great job at keeping the masses blind. Even now. hats off to them, they are smart. but we'll have the last move.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

To rebuild something stronger.. Firstly you must destroy... We already have the blueprints of a firm foundation.. Lets use that and make it stronger and build something beautiful on it...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes jono you are quite correct. ITS ALL ABOUT the £.
Only thing is. Its the pounds going into these rich assholes pockets and not the peoples pockets, or our countrys.
Political back stabbing? Yes we need another night of the long knives.
This whole system is a crock when those in power can comit wars crimes and get away free. We invented computers to help us. So why dont we get rid of these gold spoon in the mouth types and use a PC? As for the political partys. They gave away our rights to the Europeans. (TREASON) Most of our laws are now from Europe. So why do we need 600 MPs? Who do nothing but abuse their positions in office?
Why not work for the good of every one ? Because we really are all in it togeather, theres only one planet. So we should help each other instead of ripping other countrys off, so that certain types can get all the benifits. ie- the rich a$$holes who lie, steal and murder people, so that they can stay on top. Looking down on every one as if they are scum. When the real scum, are those very same people.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

and that too is also a solution to the "stairs" problem and that in my opinion is an answer the politicians would not have given. my point is that they never attack the causes of the problems they just deal with the effects of the problem rather than removing it completely. the truckers threaten a strike the politicians tell everyone to fill up rather than dealing with the strike. seeing how they are in talks though i'll wait and see if they actually do solve this problem (but my hopes aren't high because if they really intended to fix the problem they wouldn't have told everyone to buy petrol). although if i'm wrong i'm wrong this after all is just my opinion.

p.s. Galloway + spandex = nightmares for a year!
edit on 2/4/2012 by josephamccoy because: ps

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Before people get off their asses and do something together and constructive against their oppressors, they should understand who they should be angry at. One word: Business. Government is merely a tool of the corporate and financial elites, who truly run this world. All it takes is a strike from a critical industry and good old capitalists like the Rockefellers will be sending in the police to kill the protesters in no time. Fight business and take control of government. That is our only solution. TPTB is not one singular group. It is many financial tyrannies using society for profit at every turn. Governments and societies should NOT be run as businesses, as is seen in America. If you strike in America, then you are a communist. Seems the old corporate propaganda still runs strong through the social mind, here. Maybe Britain has a fighting chance, but any strike in the US will stir up hate against labor. It is so backwards here it is pathetic. Those same people who complain about strikes, also complain about our slave wages and dwindling supply of meaningful and full-life giving jobs being shipped away. Next sentence, they talk about how many jobs corporations created, while ignoring the multitudes more jobs and small businesses that were destroyed. They also seem to forget corporations get money from the taxpayers, so they can fund their giant investment machines. It is a simple fix: Get people who value labor, society, education, and environmentalism into office. The real kind; Not the fake politician type just hungering for power. Once we have labor and populism represented, we can give one giant middle finger to the private tyrannies. Government literally is our only hope, if and when we run it AND NOT LIKE A BUSINESS. Many ways exist to reach those goals.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriltosthe2nd
Just like the anyone on ATS im all for change for the better. but the way this is turning out more harm than good will come of it.

These truckers will get branned with some "heretic" name "disturbers of the peace!"
I didnt pay into the petrol scare not one bit. didnt see any pump stations around me running out. its all to distract us from whats really going on. and MY GOD they're doing a great job at keeping the masses blind. Even now. hats off to them, they are smart. but we'll have the last move.

Deny ignorance.

So because you didn't see it, it didn't happen? How is that denying ignorance?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

I truly, sincerely look forward to a time when people like you begin being rounded up and put into concentration camps; and rest assured, that it is coming.

AND

Originally posted by petrus4
You might start to realise that the only thing that justifiers, and rationalisers, and collaborators, and appeasers, and those who insist on not rocking the boat, ultimately get, is death; and that is also the only thing you deserve.

You make me sick.

While i agree with the OP to a small extent, i will side with this man over you anyday. Its one thing to disagree with his stance, but you are actively calling for his death, and not only that, but cheering it on. You sicken me, and if people like you were to gain power, you would be MUCH worse than the current regime because you would gleefully murder those who disagree with your polcies.

We dont need your kind in government. Ill gladly side with the crooks we have over you, at least we can vote them out, you will just kill those who you dislike.

edit. By the way, the man you want to kill has a good point. Honest, hard working Britons will be put out by these truckers.
edit on 2-4-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillThePoor
Government is merely a tool of the corporate and financial elites, who truly run this world.

Our current government are the corporate and financial elite.

One and the same, unfortunately.

The past government were wannabes.

Scum and all. Go the truckers!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So whats the answer then, which bit of the government teat do you not want to suck on anymore. I personally would like a lot less intrusion into my life and to pay a lot less tax to the government, however when the previous administration borrowed more money than they needed to, to try and refinance their continued power trip by giving money to all and sundry to maintain power and left the country sinking under debt, hard choices have to be made. I personally think the welfare budget needs to come done it is absolutely ridiculous how much of GDP gets spent on it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Actions that may appear to rebel against the "system" could potentially be helping the the nwo agenda

Every citizen of every country accept that you are going to die to change the inhuman banking system of slavery. All out war on the banking system. Or everyone dies anyway. Total hate carnage and anarchy are the only things that are going to save us. Monsanto must go.I hate these institutions.
edit on 2-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This thread has left me feeling very confused, or I should say has left me feeling many others replying to the post are a little confused. What is taking place is nothing to do with eh amount of tax we pay on fuel, or even on the cost of fuel. It is to do with truckers coming out in support of other truckers who are demanding more pay.

You have to remember, that the drivers who are originally coming out on strike, or at least threatening to do so are only fuel tanker drivers. They want better conditions and more pay. Now these guys are not on minimum wage, I think the average wage for them is around £35,000 (That is about $50,000) a year. Considering what the vast majority are earning in this country it is a fairly good wage.

Anyway the point being they want more and are threatening to strike. No if they do strike it will cause disruption for a lot of people who need their cars, whether or not you support the strike is irrelevant, that will happen. So the government has said it will call in the army to ensure essential supplies get through, and as much as I hate our government, that does seem the sensible thing for them to try and do.

however the other truck drivers see this as a strike breaking action, and so to prevent the army getting out those essential supplies they are threatening to block the entrances to the refinery's and some motorways. Which to be honest I don't feel I can support, because I don't really support the fuel tanker drivers demanding more money and holding the country to ransom.

Now if the truck drivers were to stark blocking roads, demanding the cost of fuel comes down, or to help force changes in other policy matters such as thee decimation of our NHS, or even just in general to destroy our current government which really needs to go, then yes I would fully support it, if they were to do it to stop them raiding our pensions then yes I could back it, but because a few well paid people want more, then no I cannot support it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

I do not support the truckers aim here . They are way off target.

Like a drunk with a shot gun they just keep missing the mark, while everything else gets blown away.
edit on 2-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Lotta grousing about the price of fuel ..............look at it as the cost of doing business.....
It cost what it cost......
The rest is yours to do as you like with,,,,,if theres not enough left to eat and keep warm, live in a piano case....
Society is too top heavy....too many get too much for doing too little......
While the most of us get just enough for way too much work.....leaving us exhausted and drained further every pay check....
And the gobermet just get fatter and lazier while the corporations rule the roost.
Screw it!
Call a general strike!
Shut the whole thing down and shut it down for good!
Bout time Britons got a fair shake instead of promises......(while the goverments squandered the oil revenues of the north seas and all they could borrow to make war overseas, and send young men and women to fight for BP and the rest of the corporate vampires.)
Where is the great improvements all this new technology we pay for was supposed to bring?
All there is to show is more weapons and better surveilance equipment everywhere.
The failure of the goverment is its immense corruption.
Get some honest men back into the mix....even if they have to start in the streets to get there...............

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by EvanB

Simple solution: Arrest truckers, move trucks.

Disruptive strikes will never gain my support, no matter the cause.

Dear DaTroof,
Having suffered due to strike action in many ways, I would tend to agree that I don't appreciate the more nefarious aspect that it has on day to day life, however sadly I also don't see an end to the government's blind raping of society by any which way it can without some unrest.

Civil liberties wouldn't have arisen had the Americans and French not risen up against the "state and system" of the time. Maybe the UK is in dire need of it's own revolution?

If it happens I think I will be backing it.

T
edit on 2-4-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join