'We can bring the government down': Truckers vow to halt Britain's traffic in support of striking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Well it would restore even more if people got off their arses, and showed their support in such a way that would make the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee look like a complete joke.
A girl can dream can't she?

That dam apathy thing. It's a pity our voting turn out is so low on polling day.

Our political system is far from perfect, I don't think there will ever be a perfect system but we have 'one' of the fairest democratic systems in the World, yes even with its problems. I'm behind proportional representation but that's another issue.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Tear down the city walls because we want cheaper bread and because we can.

However the very next day....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I watched this over the weekend, and it broke me...

I thought about those who I had served with who had died, and those who are suffering on both sides of the wars we have fought in.. And it broke me...

I think we soldiers are some of the most deluded people on earth... And we die for nothing...

Just for the ego's of the few and their greed....

I think the real enemy is in Westminster rolling in blood and cash and does not give a flying fk about any of us...

Its time we made them suffer

Because the only people who are "in it together" are us who are paying for them and their cronies "mistakes"..

edit on 2-4-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
I watched this over the weekend, and it broke me...

I thought about those who I had served with who had died, and those who are suffering on both sides of the wars we have fought in.. And it broke me...

I think we soldiers are some of the most deluded people on earth... And we die for nothing...

I think the real enemy is westminster rolling in blood and cash and does not give a flying fk about any of us...

Its time we made them suffer

Because the only people who are "in it together" are us who are paying for them and their cronies "mistakes"..

sadly the brave soldiers in the uk,america and many more countrys are nothing but expendable Cannon Fodder
while the rich skim more money from sources right before peoples eyes

David Cameron and his "we are all in this together"
really? why dont he pay for his own transport to and from his meetings
why does he not take a massive paycut and go on minimum wage
why are his cabinet not doing the same

i believe it used to be called "LEAD BY EXAMPLE"

now its more do as i say and not as i do

i feel sorry for every serviceman who has payed the ultimate price in the name of this god forsaken country as im sure this is not what they gave there lives for

what an insult to past generations,this generation and the generations to come
edit on 2-4-2012 by YipMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Criticising a trucker's strike is not necessarily an act of support for the Government.

Nothing is black and white. There are shades of grey that exist in every argument.

I am by no means a supporter of this Government and the petrol shortage fiasco has, as far as I can see, shown them up as incompetent and working to an ulterior motive. That doesn't give truckers the right to do this, as a means of piling more pressure on the people who will ultimately suffer - the general public.

It seems like a very naive, heavy-handed approach to trying to solve the situation - keeping in mind that many of the union leaders stoking these flames are on very handsome salaries, living the very lives they criticise politicians for having!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

It's very sad to see any serviceman or woman either loosing their life or becoming injured due to the decisions made by politicians.

It's kind of why I didn't join up back in my younger days. You can't decide what battles you get involved with, you have no choice, beyond that earlier decision on whether you should join up in the first place.

The irony is, this is a thread about getting cheaper petrol. We still want it, more of it for less, yet in trying to secure those jewels of resources we end up with people coming home in coffins.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Criticising a trucker's strike is not necessarily an act of support for the Government. Nothing is black and white. There are shades of grey that exist in every argument.
reply to post by ComeFindMe

Totally agree. Sadly if you say you don't support such action you are then automatically jumped on as being part of the problem and according to one guy on here you should be thrown into a concentration camp.
edit on 2-4-2012 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by EvanB

Simple solution: Arrest truckers, move trucks.

Disruptive strikes will never gain my support, no matter the cause.

It's only recently that lorry drivers have come into the mix. Before it was just about pay and conditions and supposedly health and safety. With such an element of self interest I am not kidding myself that they are doing this for 'the people'. Those who believe this are just deluding themselves.
Wait till someone we know (or us even ) suffers or dies because the medical staff can't get to work.
edit on 2-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Criticising a trucker's strike is not necessarily an act of support for the Government. Nothing is black and white. There are shades of grey that exist in every argument.

Totally agree. Sadly if you say you don't support such action you are then automatically jumped on as being part of the problem and according to one guy on here you should be thrown into a concentration camp.

And here I was thinking critical thinking was an essential component of this site...the mind boggles...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

That doesn't give truckers the right to do this, as a means of piling more pressure on the people who will ultimately suffer - the general public.

Who is the GENERAL PUBLIC?

They are the ones giving the power to the politicians.

Without the GENERAL PUBLIC standing up, the politicians will do whatever they want and can, screwing over the GENERAL PUBLIC, to them, isn't different from breathing. And they have been doing exactly that.

So the GENERAL PUBLIC needs to stand up. But they don't, so the suffering increases every day. Then one day, after the GENERAL PUBLIC watches an X-factor re-run in the afternoon and goes for some food in the supermarket(that's where food grows) and there is no food...they might stop in their tracks and think..."hey...something is not right here".

It seems like a very naive, heavy-handed approach to trying to solve the situation - keeping in mind that many of the union leaders stoking these flames are on very handsome salaries, living the very lives they criticise politicians for having!

We ALL know how the politicians live. And it's not about how they freaking live it's about what the hell is happening to your country!

Talk about naive...when truckers are striking, the only naive people are those who do not support them. Get some life experience, look at these issues internationally, then try say the same words again. 100 bucks says you can't.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

So the GENERAL PUBLIC needs to stand up.

A street protest or petition is the first step. Supporting cutting the fuel service to the British public without even a decent turnout or a collection of names on a petition is irresponsible.

I haven't seen one petition, one protest from anyone. Yet such action as cutting off the fuel will affect everyone, hitting hardest the really vulnerable people who rely on support services for getting by day to day.

Then there is the sole trader, who needs petrol to bring in a wage. No petrol, no work, no money. He doesn't matter though.

We ALL know how the politicians live

We'd like to think we do and fit them into whatever box you want to label them with. They aren't all the same.

when truckers are striking, the only naive people are those who do not support them.

Really? I can remember not so long ago our British truckers complaining at all the French strikes at their Ports. Or is that different because they are French?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

The only problem with your theory is that the general public don't actually support the truckers striking.

Something of a fatal flaw in your thinking, i'm afraid. It may be because they are focused solely on X Factor results (X Factors not on right now, its all about Britain's Got Talent - keep up!) although I suspect thats not the case. I think the general public underneath it all appreciate that life could be a lot worse than it is - and that though they may snipe and mouth off, they are grateful for what they have. What they don't like are bullies threatening that status quo - sometimes its the Government, but right now its the truckers.

Who on earth are they to 'bring down the government?' Who nominated them to do this? Who do they represent? Its all posturing on the part of union dinosaurs who miss the halycon days of the 60s and 70s when they once had enough power to bring this country to its knees, at their whim. Not anymore!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Best of luck to you Brits, non violent action in my opinion is the only way to go about reminding these government tools who they work for and that it should be the general population and not the select few that they should be listening to.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
good luck to y'all over there. i've heard that that godforsaken isle is about as bad as it gets with fuel prices.

(and god forsoke that isle cuz of the gov't, not the people
)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Being a parent of 3 sons and a daughter. I was gutted when my marraige broke up. I was going to enrol my sons as boy soldiers. But you know what? Im glad about it now. Because my sons would have been cannon fodder for the likes of those lying thieving slobs like Cameron/Bliar and their ilk. Its only now that we learn the truth about the lies to get us into some war. WMD in Iraq for example.
Which makes me wonder about all the facts we are told, regarding the 1st and 2nd world wars and other wars we have been involved in.
So if some nurse cant get to work because of the fuel/truckers strike. Its the truckers fault? The govt are inocent? As they waste our taxs on false wars, or sending millions to India which they dont need. Or as some one already mentioned the olympics. Stones on sticks ?
Lets not forget the double houses and moats ect ect Milliband? Hes in the same gang as Cameron and Cleg.
I think the Bradford election was an indication about the political feelings of this country. A pox on all your partys.
Iraq? Every one of those thieving lying slobs voted for an ilegal war. All partys shoulder to shoulder. Labour Liberal and Tory. George Galloway is a decent man in my eyes and he was one of the few people who didnt vote for an ilegal war. If I do some thing ilegal then the govt is only to ready and quick to have me arrested for a crime. Yet tony f*cking bLIAR is stilll able to walk arround FREE.
Dosnt matter who we vote for as they are all a bunch of self serving crooks.
Pull the walls down? Yes pull them down and build a better world for our children.
A world without wars and state terrorism.
edit on 2-4-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
it's happened before and it was resolved, i remember the last time it happened the country ground to a halt and it appears as if it's the only thing (short of a revolution) that the politicians seem to acknowledge. i also believe that it was by design, not the strike the panic (david cameron didn't have to say anything) and it was the perfect time to help the oil companies boost their profits at the end of the tax year. how do you get 20 million people to fill up their cars when the price is at an all time high? tell them to. "sheeple" has never been more appropriate.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by josephamccoy

and during this f***fest, where was cameron and clegg i ask? not a sign of them on the goggle box just statements given on toilet paper.
probably rubbing tan lotion into each others backs with mandy playing mummy with the drinks and snacks aboard some nasty characters yacht.

my opinion of the current political system if written will probably get me flagged and bagged. george galloway seems to be a force to be reckoned with and i look towards him starting the dirt flowing within the halls of corruption. we need more people like this to kick out the fools and have the inept shivering.
go george go, your mindset alone is enough to make them dizzy and vomit.
f.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Its only now that we learn the truth about the lies to get us into some war. WMD in Iraq for example. Which makes me wonder about all the facts we are told, regarding the 1st and 2nd world wars and other wars we have been involved in.

Sadly, people go into power with the best intentions and will spout the same old 'we want open, honest politics' etc etc but when they are in power and have to not only protect but empower British interests, though politics it can become dishonest and corrupt. I'm not saying that's the right thing to do but having to deal with other Countries, back scratching and back stabbing go hand in hand. That's how politics has always been.

So if some nurse cant get to work because of the fuel/truckers strike. Its the truckers fault?
Yes because they failed to provide fuel to keep the Country ticking over. You can blame the politicians for not listening and dropping the fuel tax but to be fair where are the mass protests or petitions on this?

So we leave it up to a few truckers who originally made claims of concerns on health and safety at the fuel distribution depots and it's transport. That along with wanting more pay. Those health and safety issues were about allowing drivers to use their 'hgazardous waste licence' instead of a special fuel licence. What they didn't say is those that have the hazardous waste licence carry far worse chemicals in terms of them being explosive or corrosive than that of fuel. So they were in effect, doing what the government are good at doing, spiining things to get public opinion onside.

George Galloway is a decent man

So decent he doesn't turn up to parliament to do the job he gets paid to do, by representing the people who voted him in there to have his voice heard; going from his record of being an MP in his last constituency.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
To those who are suggesting the anarchy that is "The street protest" or heaven above the "petition" , do you realy and honestly imagine for one milli-second that will make a difference?

The fact is that its time to stand as one, not just about oil or petrol prices but about the unfairness that we allow and condone in this country and this world. It wont stop by itself and it certainly wont just " not get any worse".

We have the power to bring them to their knees and it wont cost lives but will cause a bit of discomfort and shortage in our humdrum , do as we are told lives.

The solution...down tools and strike. Strike not to support the drivers but to overthrow the "bravery of being out of range generals", the millionaire politicians and the mind manipulating media. I stood at faslane and had my head cracked in the lines when Thatcher thought she was god....Sometimes realising the power you have is all it takes to castrate the bullies, users and megalomaniacs we have elected.

respects to you all.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by illuminnaughty

George Galloway is a decent man

So decent he doesn't turn up to parliament to do the job he gets paid to do, by representing the people who voted him in there to have his voice heard; going from his record of being an MP in his last constituency.

is he part of the 141 politicians who have financial interests in sucking the life out of the nhs?

labour wanted rid of him for the headaches he caused. it's good to know he is back to turn over rocks and i sincerely wish more of his type will become embedded into this system that has already shown itself defunct.
when these cuts take effect amongst the wider population and people decide to fight back, no amount of crap spewing from privileged mouths will make any difference, imo of course.

f.
edit on 2-4-2012 by fakedirt because: hi to all

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join