It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is good and God is evil?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Iason321

Yeah, you know, because you were there and you know exactly how things went down, and the Genesis account is just SOOOOO detailed and descriptive!!

If it isn't descriptive enough to be entirely accurate, then how is it descriptive enough to base an entire religion off of?

LOL Ever watch the British show Qi ? Stephen Frye gives and takes away meaningless points from the guests appearing on the show. Think I'm going to do this now. You get TEN POINTS for that comment!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Yeah, you know, because you were there and you know exactly how things went down, and the Genesis account is just SOOOOO detailed and descriptive!!

If it isn't descriptive enough to be entirely accurate, then how is it descriptive enough to base an entire religion off of?

LOL Ever watch the British show Qi ? Stephen Frye gives and takes away meaningless points from the guests appearing on the show. Think I'm going to do this now. You get TEN POINTS for that comment!

This makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Lemme guess, you "brilliant" minds would've preferred if God had left you a 3,000,000,000,000,000,000 page long book about how he created every molecule and piece of dirt in the beginning, correct?

*bows down to thee of infinite wisdom!*

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

2. Seeing as you had the capability of writing the true meaning of God and the Garden of Eden, why didn't the authors of the bible simply do this? Answer: Because it's a HUGE load of crap.

Hardly. See, if you simply put a bunch of scientific jargon down in place of a legend that even young children can understand (remember, it's the children who are taught morals, not educated adults) then no one will understand.

It's kind of like telling your kid Santa isn't real. You have to explain why you lied, and destroy the magic of it. Instead of reducing sunsets to frequencies, simply understand that there is a deep science behind it and marvel at its beauty.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

I would say there's more than a few reasons those stories didn't end up making the cut.

After all, who wants to tell millions of avid Christians that their savior is actually a maniacal serial killer? Some kid who ended up diverting from the path of destruction to become a healer?

Oh, the joys of dishing dirt...I particularly enjoy this, as I don't believe any man, past or present, should be worshiped, regardless of where he came from or what he has done. It is debasing and demeaning, and utterly deplorable.

edit on CThursdaypm585808f08America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I say take the bible God for his word. He says he is evil and performs evil acts.

Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. (What entitiy did he repent to and did he realize here that he made a boo boo?)

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

2 Samuel 12:11
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbor, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

1 Kings 14:10
Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel, and will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam, as a man taketh away dung, till it be all gone.

2 Kings 6:33
And while he yet talked with them, behold, the messenger came down unto him: and he said, Behold, this evil is of the LORD; why should I wait for the LORD any longer?

2Chronicles 34:24
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the curses that are written in the book which they have read before the king of Judah:

Jeremiah 11:11
Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.
Jeremiah 49:37
For I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seek their life: and I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the LORD; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:
Jeremiah 45:5
And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not: for, behold, bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest.

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

Many more available. God performs evil, brings evil, creates evil, sends evil spirits, tempts with evil. He boasts about it.

edit on 5/4/12 by toochaos4u because: oops

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

This makes no sense.

Well, it would if you ever watched that show.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

You got it backward !

God does NOT put you in Hell, Satan does.

Satan fools you all the way by making you enjoying what you have.
This is just temporary.

While Heaven is the truth and it's ever-lasting.

edit on 5-4-2012 by vnmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vnmusic
reply to post by Infi8nity

You got it backward !

Satan fools you all the way by making you enjoying what you have.
This is just temporary.

While Heaven is the truth and it's ever-lasting.

edit on 5-4-2012 by vnmusic because: (no reason given)

See, you people spew this crap without having the slightest idea of what you're saying. In your opinion is Satan the enemy of god? If your answer is yes, then THINK! If Satan is god's enemy he would go after that which belongs to god - the righteous, the souls heading for heaven. For Satan to torment sinners, it's like saying a massive army won a war by conquering their own country! It makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by jiggerj

Lemme guess, you "brilliant" minds would've preferred if God had left you a 3,000,000,000,000,000,000 page long book about how he created every molecule and piece of dirt in the beginning, correct?

Actually, I'd prefer a simple appearence of god once every 20 years or so. All he would have to do is appear in the sky and say, "I'm here. I exist. I love you."

If we run the risk of being condemned to an eternal fiery hell, then I want that omnipotent guy to pop into my home and tell me right to my face.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Actually, I'd prefer a simple appearence of god once every 20 years or so. All he would have to do is appear in the sky and say, "I'm here. I exist. I love you."

Sorry but THE God isn't a man in the sky. THE God has no form. If you ever see a being in the sky, it's an alien.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by vnmusic

Remind me why the king of all bad guys decides to punish the people who do wrong?

Yeah, weren't ready for that one, were you?
edit on CFridayam262658f58America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Actually, yes I would. Maybe then we'd have clear and concise proof that we are to be held accountable for our actions!

Either that, or we would become a race of blind sheep. Either way, the matter would be undisputed. Less wars and stuff.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

reply to post by jiggerj

Sorry but THE God isn't a man in the sky. THE God has no form. If you ever see a being in the sky, it's an alien.

Your ALMIGHTY god can't take on a form and appear in the sky? All the things the religious give him credit for, and he can't do this simple thing? Okay everyone, thinking caps back on!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

reply to post by jiggerj

Your ALMIGHTY god can't take on a form and appear in the sky? All the things the religious give him credit for, and he can't do this simple thing? Okay everyone, thinking caps back on!

Objection (4)

Since God is all powerful he can know lust and envy without having the feelings of envy and greed. Thus premise (4) is false.

Answer:

As I have already mentioned I am skeptical that philosophers have adequately characterized the ordinary notion of God and thus I am not sure that omnipotence is a property that most people predicate of God. But, in any case, as I understand the expression "He has known lust" it would be logically impossible for God to have known lust and not have had the feeling of lust. Presumably, even on the academic notion of God, God cannot do what is logically impossible.

Your "god" has many reported gifts. Unfortunately, half of them are illogical.

Does this answer you?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Do you really think that would suffice? Man would struggle to make contact with the being, and many more would question its display of "love".

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yes, I saw that too. You are aligning with Illuminati's view.
Just one thing: Satan takes your soul in return. I did'nt believe in that, until I read a traumatized doctor's story, a story that you will never see in Illuminati-controlled Media.
The doctor photographed souls, and have been able to SEE them with special equipment when a patient died.
Against everything I ever believed, this soul got out the body, silently scremed, and was grabbed to the underground, to a ''Flaming Place''. Hell.
I am a scientist and after years of reaserches in multiverses I have found one that is populated by Reptilians species and that smell rotten eggs (Reptilian's body odor). I think this might be Hell.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Just one thing: Satan takes your soul in return. I did'nt believe in that, until I read a traumatized doctor's story, a story that you will never see in Illuminati-controlled Media.
The doctor photographed souls, and have been able to SEE them with special equipment when a patient died.
Against everything I ever believed, this soul got out the body, silently scremed, and was grabbed to the underground, to a ''Flaming Place''. Hell.
I am a scientist and after years of reaserches in multiverses I have found one that is populated by Reptilians species and that smell rotten eggs (Reptilian's body odor). I think this might be Hell.

I'd love to see this story. Could you post a link please?

I need pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

I'd love to see this story. Could you post a link please?

I need pics or it didn't happen.

I was really curious to know more about this too....here is something I found that's kinda interesting.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Here's a link to another interesting video giving testimony of Near Death Experieces, lol, spooky stuff

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Another interesting thing I heard awhile back in an interview with a UFO abduction investigator was that there are a number of cases of people being able to stop abductions by calling out to God/Jesus for help. He claimed although this is well known in UFO community, that this information remains "off the record" because the researchers fear ridicule from thier peers.

As I have read through this thread I so completely understand the points that others have made that don't believe in God, and many points I have pondered myself " If God exists, is he some sort of "twisted" tyrant? " These questions have been of great interest to me from a young age. Now in my 40's after going through many "stages" of learning, I find for myself that there is no "de-bunking" God, lol, and I have tried !

This is not a conclusion I have come to "lightly", and it is not easy to suspend my "intellect", and hey, the way I see it you can't really "bluff" believing in God, he's gonna know, lol...right?

The more I have come to understand that some very "evil" forces at work in this world do indeed believe in Satan and follow luciferian teachings, the more I believe it would be very foolish to "dismiss" Satans greatest rival, God........

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join