It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is good and God is evil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
BEFORE READING THIS THINK AND KEEP A OPEN MIND.
Sry for the half butt post, I am a little out of it right now....

God

•God takes away Adam and Eve's eternal life, thus commiting the first murder, and holds their descendants responsible and visiting Adam and Eve's punishment down on their children. In today's moral standards, the sins of the father die with the father.
•God destroys all life on Earth in a great flood, except for a drunk (Noah) and his family, for failing to worship him.
•God's tenth plague upon the Israelites was the unjustified murder of all firstborn sons in Egypt, which undoubtedly included little children.
•Before sending the plagues to Egypt, God "hardened Pharaoh's heart" so that he wouldn't let the Israelites go, so he could have an excuse to visit horrible plagues upon them, like boils, killing cattle and murdering all firstborn sons. (Exodus 4:21)
•God orders the Levites to kill their "every man and his neighnor" for worshipping another god. This cost 3000 lives. (Exodus 32:27)
•God sends a plague to the Israelites, apparently feeling that mass-butchery wasn't enough of a punishment. (Exodus 32:35)
•God kills Onan for refusing to impregnate his late brother's (whom God also slew) wife and instead "spilling his seed on the ground." (Genesis 38:8-10)
•God kills the entire populations of Soddom and Gammorah (again, including women, children and infants) for practicing certain sexual techniques.
•God gives all Philistines hemorrhoids in their pubic areas. (1 Samuel 5:9)
•God kills over 50,000 people for looking at an ark. (1 Samuel 6:19)
•God kills 70,000 people because King David decided to have a census. (1 Chronicles 21:7-14)
•God approves of slavery, and instructs owners to beat their slaves. (Proverbs 29:19)
•And, finally, God makes sure that if you are guilty of even the smallest transgression, you shall suffer endlessly for all eternity, following a dramatic homecoming for Jesus, who will be extremely pissed off at everyone for putting him to death, even though it was just the Romans and even though he knew what was going to happen beforehand, and he could have easily avoided it by using his power as God to perform a miracle and prove who he was. (See the entire book of Revelation)

Satan

•Satan, like Prometheus, gave knowledge to humanity by giving Eve the fruit from the forbidden tree. Because of Satan, humanity gained knowledge of good and evil, according to Genesis. Since we couldn't have possessed knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve couldn't have known that eating the fruit was evil, so it seems a little harsh to punish them as severely as God did. Satan gave humans true capacity for moral judgment, unlike God, who simply expected everyone to mindlessly obey his orders.
•There is no biblical record of Satan engaging in the murder of torture of any human being, unlike God, who is guilty (and proudly guilty) of commiting genocide.
•There is no biblical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.
•Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will.

www.daltonator.net...

Their is not much known about Satan and his side of the story. Why was God trying to keep knowledge from us? The knowledge of good and evil? With out it we have no choices. No opposites just one path. Maybe God is the deceiver and Satan was trying to expose him. Kind of like how we are trying to expose the powers that be and they are calling us terrorist.

33million deaths attributed to God.
www.exminister.org...

Originally posted by atlasastro
reply to post by CHA0S

If you careful studied the Bible, you would have to conclude that God and Satan are adversaries. That conflict between "God and "satan, resulted in "satan being cast from heaven.
Did you glean that from your careful study.
Now.
If we are to assume that "god" is the more powerful "entity" then "god" gets to write history. Hence "god" historically(bible version) is the Good guy, and 'satan' is the bad dude.

Pretty simple really.

Regarding this simple equation, anything written as a history( or claimed as a history.....bible) of Gods actions would seem logical that all Gods action would come with the waiver that all his actions are intrinsically good, and that his adversary is intrinsically bad, or evil.

It is pretty simple stuff really, wether you believe the bible or not, or just seem intent on trying to change peoples perception on it or argue over age old inconsistencies from a literal point of view whilst failing to consider the plethora of theological apologists that have spent centuries debating the very topics addressed above and in a million other threads.
Did I just yawn again. Sorry, you'll have to excuse me.

Anyone for arguing in small circles?

edit on 1-4-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You make some surprisingly good points. Not going to start worshiping Satan now but you provided some food for thought.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The Biblical god makes Satan look like a SAINT!!

Maybe Satan's name should be changed to SAINTan.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

So then I guess that God would be TPTB and Satan the common people struggling to make a difference.
2nd.

Oh sorry. Read everything now and saw that you already had written that.
Well it makes sense non the less.
edit on 1-4-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've heard the main idea before (not your exact points though, but some of them yes) and that coupled with the ancient alien theory just makes me want to believe their were to factions and the one that won ended up being God and the loser Satan. Satan by the way means adversary

I definitely don't want to get into anything I can't handle though, so I am not going to start worshiping Satan either. I have seen some things that make me feel protected from evil and I sure am glad I don't experience those overt things anymore.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Another post, couldn't you just have chosen one of the other threads similarly titled?

God is sovereign. Get over it. Your MIND is rebelling just as the beast is rebelling. Think - these are those who overcome "This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus."

Your mind is rebelling against Him because somebody else has put the seeds of rebellion there. Why? Take out a world map, circle the countries with the most Christians and you will find Israel. Who does the Bible concern? The PEOPLE ISRAEL.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
God

-didn't exist

-never existed

-man-made myth

Satan

- see above (God)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Seems to me that the biblical god set up the 'fall of man' and was really just looking for justification to dispense his 'justice'. For the plan of supreme being to go so wrong almost from the outset, smacks of intelligent design.

I really don't believe anything that demands worship, really deserves it.

Perhaps those who oppose old psycho dad, are really the good guys.
edit on 1-4-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Both Adam and Eve already had the knowledge of good and evil before they ate the fruit. When God give them commandment not to eat the fruit, he were seeing if they will obey him or not. He was doing this cause Satin bet him that Adam and Eve will disobey him, even if they knew that they will die. Satin thinking that Adam and Eve will die as so as they had ate the fruit, went and convinced them in eating the fruit.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well, one can argue, that had not the serpent [Disassociation with Satan] lied to Eve, all the plagues, deaths, and sorrow attributed to God would have never happened. It's false to say that Adam and Eve were mindless. They walked and talked with God, they felt emotions, and could reason. They were never hungry, never tired, felt perfect, and most likely couldn't die. It was the garden of Eden, perfection, no cares in the world. That seems like a dream to some of us right?

Can you just imagine the constant love and safety Adam and Eve felt that close to the source of everything? It would have been the truth meaning of bliss, if it even comes close to the denotation, expressed in mans limited words. Not even the most skilled authors of Genesis, the superior consistency of oral history could accurately paint the garden of Eden; more importantly, the beginning, when God walked with his creations. When you read books like genesis, don't JUST read it, FEEL it.
edit on 1-4-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

If only one aspect of a plan, can completely compromise it, It is not a good plan.
It is clear that motives of god where never as stated.
Humans are apparently born with 'original sin' by gods design.
He always intended to punish them.

This is all only true if you believe such things.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i heard satan, lucifer whatever you would like to call it is actually referred to as sophia (mother nature)

a being even higher ranking than 'god' of the bible and only under one other being, essentially known as brahman (breath of the universe)

i recomend looking into both, particularly sophia

she was made by a non genered creative force, whom she wanted to be with but could never touch, so she created the masculine god of the bible who... like him or love him but i like girls

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Answer is simple, tough love.
I noticed you place emphasis on the here and now, just like a spoiled brat wanting everything at this very moment.
The typical "live for today, forget about tomorrow" mentality.
What about the afterlife?
Satan will fool the weak for the purpose of stealing their soul.
All the deaths attributed to God most likely occurred to keep this from happening.
Tough love!

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Yea tough love,
Create the problem, and inflict guilt on your children.
Threaten and punish them for being what they are
Then demand they love you
Sound like a good recipe for raising confused and angry delinquents.

or
A man made extorsion racket.
"Be happy suffering in life because when you die it will all be paradise"
and
"If you piss me off, I will condemn you to torture"

An evil ultimatum that reviles life and glorifies death.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You ask the reader to keep an open mind, but you then vehemently twist the truth toward your own deceptive meaning. God gave us law and Satan gave us sin, yet you accuse Heavenly Father of giving us sin. Further, Jesus graciously took our sins upon himself to give us salvation. You are weaving a vicious web of deceit, have you no shame?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345

If only one aspect of a plan, can completely compromise it, It is not a good plan.
It is clear that motives of god where never as stated.
Humans are apparently born with 'original sin' by gods design.
He always intended to punish them.

This is all only true if you believe such things.

The plan, the beginning, the creation, wasn't dichotomous. Nor was duality an aspect of God. Your point of contention hinges on the believe that Satan acted according to God's plan. 'Behold, now they have become like us!" This is proof that Satan and the Elohim knew good and evil, and as demonstrated thoughout the Bible, exercised it against God's will

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Sound like a problem between god and satan, why should humanity have to take the fall for the manager not having insight into his subordinates.
Adam and Eve certainly seem quite innocent in their naivety.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345

Sound like a problem between god and satan, why should humanity have to take the fall for the manager not having insight into his subordinates.
Adam and Eve certainly seem quite innocent in their naivety.

Life isn't as melancholic as you put it. Put it this way, if Satan's actions were different, people like the OP would just complain that God was a dictator and Satan mindlessly follows orders. That's the beauty of intrinsic free will.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I think in the manufacture of sentient beings there should be some cohesion in the workforce.
If there is a fatal error (or mutiny) so early on in production, you should rethink your approach and leadership style.

Also a product recall is probably in order.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join