It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is good and God is evil?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by consigliere
Food for thought OP,,,thanks S&F

I have a question for those of religion

If God is our father, wouldnt he at some point want us to stand on our own two feet, as he (should have) taught us to do and stop depending on him, and become Gods ourselves
(I as a father would)

What father wants worship? A "thanks dad", a phone call every now and again, a steak,,,yeah. But sacrifice,worship and unbridled loyalty? That's not a dad, that's a tyrant.

I can't speak for you, but I stopped depending on my father (God) and blaming others (mainly the Devil) for my life a long time ago

edit on 2-4-2012 by consigliere because: (no reason given)

I don't think the Eden incident and God's warning can be interpreted as purely punitive. God says don't eat from the tree or you will die. He didn't lie, they eventually died, but he never forsake them. I view the thing more as like :

"Well, you got on the bike, now you have to peddle. You will fall, but eventually you will learn to ride it and go places"

Man is appointed to die, but he gets to experience all the good and bad things concomitant with life. Love, kids, death, pain. God likes to see people do good and life. And like I said before, it was stay in Eden and live forever or be like him and die. God wanted the best for his kids.

I can't argue with God on the worship tip. If I created the universe and all men, I would want people to know that I did, and follow my wise words, and why a human be to deny that? What justification beyond "Because I can" is logical? But if you feel that way God understands and works to change that. If you look at Christianity, it's the least intensive in blind faith and constant worship.

I was an alter boy as a child, I went to Catholic Schools until about the 6th grade. Around that time, The Nation of Islam was growing in the Black Community, and my uncle got us into it.

This is when I began to question religion (about 16). You see I saw good in both religions and didnt know who was "right". So I started to research.

What Ive found to be true (for my life), is neither is right and God is legend based on an actual being/beings.

Now, I am more empowered than ever before. Theres is nothing wrong with religion, so long as it doesnt infringe on the rights of others,,,,

All I ask is that YOU research the origins of whatever religion you subscribe to

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by jiggerj

Lemme guess, you "brilliant" minds would've preferred if God had left you a 3,000,000,000,000,000,000 page long book about how he created every molecule and piece of dirt in the beginning, correct?

*bows down to thee of infinite wisdom!*

Actually, I'd prefer a simple appearence of god once every 20 years or so. All he would have to do is appear in the sky and say, "I'm here. I exist. I love you."

Sorry but THE God isn't a man in the sky. THE God has no form. If you ever see a being in the sky, it's an alien.

Your ALMIGHTY god can't take on a form and appear in the sky?

God is in all forms. So when you see a man in an airplane, God is in the sky. When you see a bird flying, God is in the sky. When you see a super-advanced alien being in a ufo in the sky, God is in the sky as a higher-than-human representation of God. God, though, is formless. If God comes in form, it is A God.

All the things the religious give him credit for, and he can't do this simple thing?

Religious teachings are usually always misinterpreted, and even the correct interpretations of the words are interpretations of events that may have also been misinterpreted by the people who wrote the Bible.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
''Satan

•Satan, like Prometheus, gave knowledge to humanity by giving Eve the fruit from the forbidden tree. Because of Satan, humanity gained knowledge of good and evil, according to Genesis. Since we couldn't have possessed knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve couldn't have known that eating the fruit was evil, so it seems a little harsh to punish them as severely as God did. Satan gave humans true capacity for moral judgment, unlike God, who simply expected everyone to mindlessly obey his orders.
•There is no biblical record of Satan engaging in the murder of torture of any human being, unlike God, who is guilty (and proudly guilty) of commiting genocide.
•There is no biblical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.
•Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will.
Maybe God is the deceiver and Satan was trying to expose him.''

And you fell in the trap of that the Zionists and their Protocols of Sion so cleverly built into make people lose faith into God, and worship Satan.
So, you say that because Lucifer means ''Light bearer'';
How about this Revelation sentence: ''and the devil will disguise himself as the white light, and there will be no possible distinguishing between the true white light (God) and the false one (Satan)'' I sumerized it, so don't go saying that ''the sentence is false cause its not the exact words''.
How about that Satan himself made us believe that God was evil? And can we know that in the truly original Bible (the one used in the time of Jesus-Christ, the one used before all the translated ones) God was said to be evil? How about that in the truly original Bible, God was actually kind, and gave us as much knowledge as Satan claims to be have given to us?
edit on 10-4-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

''Your ALMIGHTY god can't take on a form and appear in the sky? All the things the religious give him credit for, and he can't do this simple thing?''

The reason is that we have to take responsability of everything in our hands, for the sake of our evolution. Would he appear, we would know that he is always available, and lay all of our responsibilities in his hands.
Even without his appearance, we know that he exists, but his absence force us to do our responsabilities by ourself so that we don't stay lazzy childrens all our life waiting on Him to do everything we want.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

I agree with you, mate.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

God is in all forms. So when you see a man in an airplane, God is in the sky. When you see a bird flying, God is in the sky. When you see a super-advanced alien being in a ufo in the sky, God is in the sky as a higher-than-human representation of God. God, though, is formless. If God comes in form, it is A God.

I take issue with this. It's surprising, because I agree with you. But here's the catch: do YOU know why you believe this?

I know why I believe it. I can explain it very well. But can you?

You believe it because you are told it is so. You have been taught it is better to:

Proverbs 3:5-6

New International Version (NIV)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

and

HAVE FAITH IN THE LORD YOUR GOD
AND YOU WILL BE UPHELD; HAVE FAITH IN HIS PROPHETS AND YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. ( 2 CHRONICLES 20:20 *NIV )

In other words, don't question a damn thing and you'll be alright. You would rather believe in a story that brings you hope, than face a reality that predicts very little hope. This is understandable...man without hope is a brokenj man, correct?

However, there is such a thing as having hope, and KNOWING why you have hope. I believe in several things you believe in, and I disagree with many more things you would have me trust. However, I can tell you exactly why you should believe in some of these things...

You, however, who are purely Christian, cannot. This is what I take issue with. I know why I think these things. You think them just to think them, because you are told to.

Religious teachings are usually always misinterpreted, and even the correct interpretations of the words are interpretations of events that may have also been misinterpreted by the people who wrote the Bible.

When in doubt, agree with the opposition. Next, twist their words to an entirely new meaning, and insist that that's what they meant while using doublespeak to impose your own meaning upon their words.

Nah, I kid. But seriously...you begin to see the light.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I take issue with this. It's surprising, because I agree with you. But here's the catch: do YOU know why you believe this?

You believe it because you are told it is so. You have been taught it is better to:

and

AND YOU WILL BE UPHELD; HAVE FAITH IN HIS PROPHETS AND YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. ( 2 CHRONICLES 20:20 *NIV )

In other words, don't question a damn thing and you'll be alright. You would rather believe in a story that brings you hope, than face a reality that predicts very little hope. This is understandable...man without hope is a brokenj man, correct?

However, there is such a thing as having hope, and KNOWING why you have hope. I believe in several things you believe in, and I disagree with many more things you would have me trust. However, I can tell you exactly why you should believe in some of these things...

You, however, who are purely Christian, cannot. This is what I take issue with. I know why I think these things. You think them just to think them, because you are told to.

When in doubt, agree with the opposition. Next, twist their words to an entirely new meaning, and insist that that's what they meant while using doublespeak to impose your own meaning upon their words.

I agree with him too.
But I'm wondering why you immediately assumed that he can't explain it...perhaps he can, give him the chance first lol.
I also think that it might be just a tad difficult for our us to fully comprehend this infinite consciousness that we call God.Yeah we are very intelligent beings but only because the only other living beings we are able to compare ourselves to are the animals and plants on our Earth...are we really able to actually comprehend the INFINITE?The way I see it, it's kind of like like fish in a lake.We spend our lives living in it and it's all we know but our perception of what the outside world looks like and the laws that govern it is extremely limited. We may notice changes when the raindrops hit the surface of our lake and cause a kind of disturbance to it,or when someone throws a rock in it etc, but we lack sufficient information to help us form a solid conclusion as to what is happening outside our lake.We can form several theories but to say that any of us knows for SURE would be ridiculous.It's not the best of examples but I'm sure you understand the point I'm trying to make.
I also don't believe that you or anyone else can tell another that they have begun to see the Light,each person experiences this in their own subjective way as long as they stay away from organized religions which prevent them from independent thinking.Besides they only thing we can be 100% to be absolutely certain of is the fact that we are all going to die at some point.Nothing else.We can make assumptions as to what God is and we may FEEL its presence in us and everything else that surrounds us but we can never know exactly what it is, that is until we die, get rid of our material bodies that limit our perception and become one with the infinite in my opinion.But this is also just a theory at the end of the day lol!
Also forgive my poor english as I'm not a native speaker. Have a beautiful day!

edit on 11/4/2012 by JustEve because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You believe it because you are told it is so.

LMAO. I do?

Actually I've written about 250 threads on ATS explaining why I believe what I do. Feel free to browse.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustEve

and

I agree with him too.
But I'm wondering why you immediately assumed that he can't explain it...perhaps he can, give him the chance first lol.

I know right.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

However, I can tell you exactly why you should believe in some of these things...

So I'm a Christian now? Thanks for telling me man, I had no idea.

Actually, I'm not a Christian at all. lol.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

you must be an American too?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

you must be an American too?

How did you know?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I can feel non-conformity to only the truth...

you sound too like the Next Generation

time to convert people to patriotism... it cuts the mustard, hardcore'

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
so many are trying to keep Jesus' spirit, and effectively keeping God of the universe dead.

they're just waiting around talking about words... most are not doing.

I am totally naked with no living fig leaves on, but I have a basis for truth... imagine that

edit on 11-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This post looks like it was based on C.S. Lewis's "Screwtape Letters".

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

I can feel non-conformity to only the truth...

you sound too like the Next Generation

time to convert people to patriotism... it cuts the mustard, hardcore

I can't tell if you're joking or not. My highest value is truth and I have the highest respect for all nations and all people.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Your ALMIGHTY god can't take on a form and appear in the sky? All the things the religious give him credit for, and he can't do this simple thing?

Uh...yes he did? Who do you think Yeshua (Jesus) is?

You won't believe it but he did just that 2000 years ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by jiggerj

Your ALMIGHTY god can't take on a form and appear in the sky? All the things the religious give him credit for, and he can't do this simple thing?

Uh...yes he did? Who do you think Yeshua (Jesus) is?

You really want to know? Okay... Here it goes... Human-Alien Hybrid. Yes, I believe this, and no it's not blasphemy or disrespect. Don't underestimate the wonders the universe is capable of.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

that's a great attitude... open to all, digest it, whatever don't turn sour in the stomach is good.

Star Trek the Next Generation is one of my favorite in the series, It is a good microcosm of how our nations interact today... afterall we are on a spaceship planet earth. (could be a holodeck too)

I accept Jesus man, I am not joking about that...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I don't know about alien, in the book it says "made man in his image" then the woman came out of the man (there is a rib shortage going on there also between us)

what is so strange is they have found in nature that with certain female species that life always finds a way... even if no male of the same species is around to fertilize the egg.

now that is a debate of epic proportions... which came first, the male or the female?

news.wikinut.com...
edit on 11-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join