It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is good and God is evil?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
The problem is people know nothing about the Bible are the ones that never read or hear scripture and therefore don't find the truth or can properly discern concepts you learn by studying the scripture.

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Knock and the door shall be answered.

LOL
That's what I'm afraid of. Why would I want to bring all that sociopathic, bi-polar, psychotic rage down upon myself. You gotta love a guy who has "loves" his "children" so much that he is willing to send them to a place called "hell" where they can be tortured for ever and ever and ever if they misbehave.

No...seriously "God"...don't get up. You didn't hear anything. No knocking going on here.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
First post, heh. Would've wanted to start a new thread for this long post, but not enough posts, oh well.

After lurking for so long, I finally decided I need to say something, especially with the things I'm reading in this thread.

I'll get right into my position, I believe in the Biblical God.
Although i am still young in faith, i hope i can enlighten some of you on what i have realized while growing in faith and what I understand as the true message of Christianity.
Hopefully I can learn from your knowledge, and maybe you can learn from mine and we can get closer to the truth together.

So here's what i want to say (it's long, but bear with me, hopefully for truth-seekers it'll be good food for thought):

God is perfection and his standard is perfection.

The Bible is the guide to help us understand and reach perfection.

Sin, by definition is missing the mark of perfection, so anything that is not perfect, is sin.

Heaven is like a place where a dictator rules people who worship him.

However, this dictator is the perfect dictator wanting everyone in his kingdom to be perfect. The people submit to his authority and receives his blessings of peace and joy. Humility.

Hell is not a place of fire, as we don't go there physically so that doesn't make sense. Instead, the reason why hell is painted as such is that it is a place where everyone wants to become God. Everyone wants to become king. "The gnashing of teeth" as the Bible describes it.

Basically, it is an eternal place of people oppressing each other for their own glory. Pride.

Now, to Adam and Eve and how they screwed it up for us. Ask yourself, how important is truth? How does it compare life? It is far greater.
Think about the opposite of truth: deceit, lies. If deceit is the opposite of truth, then how much greater of its negative potency than it is the opposite of life, which is death?

Back to Adam and Eve. What did Satan tell them? Not much, just a simple lie,
“For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” - Genesis 3:5
But they felt that they knew better than God, and wanted to be like Him, and so they ate. Pride.

Guess what? Pride is an imperfection. What would you do if an art piece you had had an imperfection? You erase it. But God didn't. In His goodness he let mankind live, but death was introduced into the world.

All the deaths, because of one that one small lie that has lingered on ever since Adam's fall: I don't need God's wisdom, I can be like God.

This pride is the root of the corruption in this world. It is the reason why we fear, hate, greed. We become slaves of the world, to this pride, to imperfection. This is why we have pain and suffering. To the body, pain is a warning system that there is something wrong with the body. We can say the same for mankind.

Now here we are in this craptastic situation. What can be done? I want to see a beautiful world. A world where everyone is thriving, where our efficiency in science and technology is so great we can create truly immersive environments, or travel to planets beyond. I want to see human progression. But really, that is not going to happen.

But what is the point of human progression without genuine love, without having the opportunity to share experiences with others?

This is where Jesus comes in. He becomes the example of a perfect human, dying to suffer the consequences of our imperfections. We can be like Jesus, we only need to ask. He has set us free if we have faith. When we give up our self-worship to Jesus we are no longer bound to this world.

We become truly free from imperfection. With Jesus we have the option to choose perfection, not just one imperfection or the other. And if we know perfection, why want to have the option to choose imperfection?

So we pray. Asking God for forgiveness. The act of prayer humbles as we admit our guilt, stripping us our pride. It is not just talking to a person in the sky or in your head or a 3 second say grace before a meal. It is deep meditation. It is spiritual.

Who says you can't have peace or joy while suffering? These are the fruits from a close connection with God through constant prayer.

Suffering doesn't equate with sadness, just like comfort doesn't equate with happiness.

In closing, I want you guys to imagine a world where everyone serves each other and glorifies a righteous and loving king. This world can have science and technology, even more so, I would think a perfect society like this would be so efficient in progression, nothing we can currently do can even parallel.
Now imagine a world where everyone wants to be king, or everyone wants to be the truth.

You decide which world you want.

Any discussion is welcome, I am still young and have much to learn and I hope to be enlightened by your replies!

*Brothers and sisters in Christ, please correct me if my theology is wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekPerfection

Glad to be the first who says to you: Welcome! Bro...
Every human theology has some imperfection in it. Actually it is a part of the fruit of our separation from God - that we don't know. Threads like this are sad example.
Basically, it is Occam's razor and a matter of time to find out that good is better than evil, that the only risk-free path is the one approved by God etc.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
Don't you get it? Monkeys don't have enough intel to speak loud of The Creator of the universe. Yet many of you don't hesitate to make haughtily judgements once again. So much for "knowledge" you got from Satan.
TREE? Was it some physical, super-halucinogenic-'___'-tree? We don't know. If so it's creator obviously knew it's effect on another His creation. If you take a dose of some earthly halucinogen you may think you are god for a couple of hours. Eventually you'll go mad. It will give you nothing. It will change your perception in the way you are not ready to.

Ummmm...you don't have ANY experience with hallucinogens at all, do you? Go eat some mushrooms and then get back to me.

I would wager you will want to recant on more than one of your previous positions afterwards.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
reply to post by SeekPerfection

...Every human theology has some imperfection in it.

Maybe because human theology is inherently evil? Come to think of it...I think that's sorta what the topic of this thread in a roundabout manner.

Thanks for clarifying, though.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by jiggerj

Let me get this straight.....you are an atheist, and yet you speak of sinners and non-sinners...
Just to let you know, there are no non-sinners. We all make mistakes(sin). So you don't get the choice of being around Saints or not. There are none.

We Christians are just like you, only we are forgiven...

Yes I am an atheist, and I will speak on matters pertaining to IF there were a god, but to show the incredibly obvious flaws in the bible and in religion.

If you believe in a creature with evil powers,
If you believe this creature can sneak by a god to torment people on earth,
then this god is either not all-powerful and all-knowing,
or he ALLOWS the beast to tempt you, which means,
your god and the devil are working together, or
your god IS the devil.

If you believe that a god gave Moses the ten commandments,
and if you believe that one of those commandments is Thou shalt not kill,
then you MUST believe that this is not a request. It's a COMMANDMENT!
It's a direct order from your GOD! DO NOT KILL!
But, since mankind disobeyed that order by killing a guy named, Jesus,
we all get our sins forgiven. Isn't that wonderful!!! Isn't it a bunch of twisted, contradictory BULL????

Who said you have to believe in the Bible to believe in God?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
I definitely don't want to get into anything I can't handle though, so I am not going to start worshiping Satan either.

Why is it the first thing people think of when it comes to gods is which one to worship? If a god had created us, and given us a mind to think with, then obviously he wants us to do things with that mind. He would want us to experience this life and learn from it, not spend our fleshy existence on our knees and mindlessly praying to him. Live, love, experience, learn, then at the end of life we can go to him and as freethinkers. If a god wanted mindless drones, he would've made us that way.

That was a great point! simple yet sounds like what the truth would be..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdlike

Originally posted by calnorak
I definitely don't want to get into anything I can't handle though, so I am not going to start worshiping Satan either.

Why is it the first thing people think of when it comes to gods is which one to worship? If a god had created us, and given us a mind to think with, then obviously he wants us to do things with that mind. He would want us to experience this life and learn from it, not spend our fleshy existence on our knees and mindlessly praying to him. Live, love, experience, learn, then at the end of life we can go to him and as freethinkers. If a god wanted mindless drones, he would've made us that way.

That was a great point! simple yet sounds like what the truth would be..

This is exactly what I'm saying.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by kennethmd
Both Adam and Eve already had the knowledge of good and evil before they ate the fruit. When God give them commandment not to eat the fruit, he were seeing if they will obey him or not. He was doing this cause Satin bet him that Adam and Eve will disobey him, even if they knew that they will die. Satin thinking that Adam and Eve will die as so as they had ate the fruit, went and convinced them in eating the fruit.

uhmmm dosnt the fruit represent knowledge? Knowledge of good and evil... so why keep them away from it if they all ready had it?
It was more to do with the commandment that God have giving them then fruit itself. Disobeying God commandment is a sin and sin itself is evil. All the fruit had done, is give them awareness of what going on around them. Because both of them realize that they were both naked.

Exactly awareness. KNOWLEDGE!! You can not know of good and evil with out awareness. Stop talking like you know the ins and outs of the bible and learn the ins and outs of the bible.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There is a lot to be said about the metaphorical aspects of the Tree of Knowledge, but I'll suffice with this image.

Pretty much says it all.

edit on CTuesdaypm313120f20America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Yeah, you know, because you were there and you know exactly how things went down, and the Genesis account is just SOOOOO detailed and descriptive!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You know Starchild, you go through some great lengths to slander Christianity. You post a thread about it every week. What's your bone with Christianity?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

This just utter and complete BS, for it is evident that you have not read a WORD of Crowley,
but you are merely stating stuff that other people have enforced you to believe.
I mean, how can ANYONE disagree with the statement " Love is the law, love under will."?
FFS, even Christ agreed to that!

edit on 3-4-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LionOfGOD

This just utter and complete BS, for it is evident that you have not read a WORD of Crowley,
but you are merely stating stuff that other people have enforced you to believe.
I mean, how can ANYONE disagree with the statement " Love is the law, love under will."?

You are missing the hidden meaning in that quote entirely.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

how can ANYONE disagree with the statement " Love is the law, love under will."

This is one of the greatest reposts I will ever make.

Seraph, I salute you for having this wisdom.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Yeah, you know, because you were there and you know exactly how things went down, and the Genesis account is just SOOOOO detailed and descriptive!!

Well, it doesn't get more official than reading it in the Bible...or at least, that's what you Christians tell me!

Did you completely miss my posts above concerning the cryptic nature of the Bible?

Maybe I just have a deeper understanding of its layers than you do!
edit on CTuesdaypm090911f11America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

You know Starchild, you go through some great lengths to slander Christianity. You post a thread about it every week. What's your bone with Christianity?

Oh, I don't slander it. Is pointing out very blatant and valid flaws in a world-influencing faith slanderous?

Then slap a lawsuit on me.

My bone with Christianity is...well, that it isn't completely right. I don't have a HUGE problem with it...but when you do the right thing for the wrong reasons, maybe doing it for the right reasons will have more effect.

Basically, I am hoping the truth will win the war on entropy.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

You mean the part where if you live through love, loving everything and everyone, you will find peace?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

You mean the part where if you live through love, loving everything and everyone, you will find peace?

No. The part where love is subject to the will (and thus will takes precedence over love in all things).

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

And apparently, i´m not alone.
I do not know you. You do not know me.
There is no need for either of us to know each other.

This is The Internet.
I´m here to brandish my EGO.
No more, no less.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join