It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is good and God is evil?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm a bigger fan of the number 2. Everything has an opposite, everything has a balance.

I'm a big fan of the Divine Duality.

I also enjoy the number 2.
edit on 2-4-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
The whole purpose is to understand that God and only One God is realy in control.Because everytime mankind thinks they can control and fix it all they ruin everything.
Still is a mystery of why Life is the way it is though.

This is one of thee most dangerous beliefs in religion. It fools people into believing that no matter how messed up this planet gets, don't worry, God is going to come fix it all.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Read Dante's devine comedy if you want to learn about hell and satan. The bible has very little info on the idea.

I've read the divine comedy. But that's not what's being discussed here. The OP has used idea's gathered from the book of Genesis to make his point. Reason would dictate we use examples within the book in question to make our arguments for or against it. I realize many people consider the Bible a work of fiction (much like the divine comedy), but that isn't the debate here. The debate as postulated by the OP is thus: "Using the Bible, we can prove that Satan is good and God is evil".

All I've seen so far are generalizations, personal opinions not based on the scriptures being discussed, and hostility leveled at anyone who attempts to refute the claims of the OP using the very book the OP used to make his or her point.

Again, find me one place in the Bible where scripture say's that Satan is an entity which punishes "bad" people, and that he does so in "hell".

This entire argument is rendered pointless unless anyone in favor of the OP's idea can provide consistent proof of it (within context) through out the entirety of the Bible. It's pointless to discuss the merits of Shakespeare and the nature of his work if all you've read is the opening act of "romeo and juliet".

To address the Luciferian dogma propagated through out this thread, I will ask one more question:

How can God be considered "evil" for the sovereign actions of a person (or persons) possessing free will?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Religious people always think that they and only they know scripture.

LOL How can one actually become an atheist without first reading the bible and, using his own mind, discover that it's chock full of inconsistencies, contradictions, and poorly written fiction?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Even hundred years old monkeys should not feel free to judge eternal God. You all exited a womb few years ago and ur now applying childish logic on GOD. Children... They tend to think they "know" how universe is endless.
We all speak our current minds. In one year we can change it from the bottom. We don't KNOW.
It's clever to study ancient records which seem to go back to the start of all this. If there is a message left by God alone it would be unwise to ignore it.
Let's say: Bros and sisters, our great grandparents used some Father's herb so we now feel we know what is good and bad better than Him but we don't. And with revolt in mind we'll never gain any real wisdom from Him so we are pretty screwed actually. We can't overstep our DNA de-evolution and at the end we will die. There will be no third chance. Lucifer knew it for sure. Should I believe he likes us? He want's us to be satan (the opposer) as him, so we will join him in death. Don't be fooled . He punishes the bad people? The higher you are the more is he trying to get you. If you are dead zero why would he waste his time with you?
If you wanna really know something, ask God. It says logic, not faith.
Chewingonmushrooms: Please stop using red colour. It's unpleasant to read.

reply to post by ofhumandescent

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
We are all like raindrops and "god" is the ocean....
... the sages and enlightened ones have been saying this for a very long time....

I like the heart in your posts. However this level would not be meaningful without Father's masculine righteousness and firm hand. Is he one with devil? I don't think so. Even if there is some oneness it makes sense to cut a tumor from your body so it's no more one with you...
Btw. If Supreme set the rules I think no one can buy a ticket for any new-age/old-age oneness-love stuff comming from any religion/non-religion refusing Christ and thus Ruler's rules. Such "love revolt" is one of the most treacherous deceptions. (see new-age)
edit on 2/4/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

edit on 2/4/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
.There will be no third chance.
Please stop using red colour. It's unpleasant to read.
this level would not be meaningful without Father's masculine righteousness and firm hand.

Yikes

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by jiggerj

Don't think you'd be as confused if you read what the Bible says. Try to answer some of your own questions. You can ask me a question if you'd like.

Okay, Jim Jones had all of his followers commit suicide by drinking poison. Was Jim Jones all-loving or was he a lunatic? The terrorists that committed suicide for Allah by flying planes into the Twin Towers - were they all-loving, or were they lunatics?

The biblical god killed everyone and every animal on the face of the planet (except for those on Noah's ark). Is this god all-loving, or is he a lunatic? The biblical god killed all of the firstborn of Egypt. Is this god all-loving, or is he a lunatic?
The biblical god turned a woman into a pillar of salt simply for turning around and looking at the destruction of Soddom and Gomorrah. Is this god all-loving, or is he a lunatic?

And why, Why, WHY would you justify the atrocities committed by the biblical god while considering Jim Jones and terrorists pure evil?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

Our friend was a a world known archeologist has said that the holy books were mistranslated.

One simple letter changes the entire picture..................every single mention of God was in fact plural Gods.

"They"' removed one simple letter and it changed the entire meaning.

Many books were removed, much of the holy scriptures were mistranslated as well according to the whims of the conquering kings and queens.

Our friend, yes he was a priest, highly intelligent - publisher of a couple books, world known - and after all his research he left the priesthood and died a agnostic - leaning towards humanity being created by non humans.

Now, I humble respect your opinion and core beliefs.

Please respect mine, I have done very heavy research and have a different core belief than you.

So, we are at a point were this will be my final reply, if you wish the final word - than go for it.

Safe journey.
edit on 2-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by jiggerj

Don't think you'd be as confused if you read what the Bible says. Try to answer some of your own questions. You can ask me a question if you'd like.

Okay, Jim Jones had all of his followers commit suicide by drinking poison. Was Jim Jones all-loving or was he a lunatic? The terrorists that committed suicide for Allah by flying planes into the Twin Towers - were they all-loving, or were they lunatics?

The biblical god killed everyone and every animal on the face of the planet (except for those on Noah's ark). Is this god all-loving, or is he a lunatic? The biblical god killed all of the firstborn of Egypt. Is this god all-loving, or is he a lunatic?
The biblical god turned a woman into a pillar of salt simply for turning around and looking at the destruction of Soddom and Gomorrah. Is this god all-loving, or is he a lunatic?

And why, Why, WHY would you justify the atrocities committed by the biblical god while considering Jim Jones and terrorists pure evil?

Before I answer your question, I have some questions for you:

Do you know the circumstances behind those instances?
What do you think the world would be like how he hadn't committed those acts?
Do you think there was a benefactor in each one of those situations?
Do you think the end result was love?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by john46h
Satan punishes evildoers.

Why? Doesn't Satan WANT people to be evil, and do evil things? That does not make sense!

you're supposed to call god "lord"

Really? A "Lord" is a "person." Read the definition.

you're supposed to give your soul to this "lord"

I am my Soul. How exactly does one do this?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

That's true, just like hell and satan, it was made up by a creative human. Way to miss the point!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Doesn't matter. Both were invented by the minds of man.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The bible can be used for anything you want it to be used for. When the words themselves can't be twisted any further, there's always a bible de-coder willing to write some fables for us as an extention. The bible has been an excuse for evil and the condemnation of others for centuries. There is no arguement as to the versatility of the very long, vague at best, and barely translated book.

If we want to talk about that book, I will treat it as fable containing no more of God's word or will than anything else. Using it to accuse the actual God, is blasphemy. Using it to discredit itself, is more along the lines of the truth.

The truest word of God can be found in all religions across the world, from all people, and under every rock in life. God isn't evil, but some evil men put a lot of the *good* book together. Especially the new testiment.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The bible can be used for anything you want it to be used for. When the words themselves can't be twisted any further, there's always a bible de-coder willing to write some fables for us as an extention. The bible has been an excuse for evil and the condemnation of others for centuries. There is no arguement as to the versatility of the very long, vague at best, and barely translated book.

If we want to talk about that book, I will treat it as fable containing no more of God's word or will than anything else. Using it to accuse the actual God, is blasphemy. Using it to discredit itself, is more along the lines of the truth.

The truest word of God can be found in all religions across the world, from all people, and under every rock in life. God isn't evil, but some evil men put a lot of the *good* book together. Especially the new testiment.

Using the Holy Bible as justification for blasphemy against the One True God, is blasphemy.

Care to try again?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So if you don't believe in the Bible (and by extension, satan), I feel compelled to ask you why you feel the need to voice your opinion in a thread that's subject is the nature of God and Satan as portrayed in the events that took place in the book of Genesis?

I find this quote from you quite telling: "The truest word of God can be found in all religions across the world, from all people, and under every rock in life. God isn't evil, but some evil men put a lot of the *good* book together. Especially the new testiment. "

So the truest word of god can be found in all religions across the world, Except Christianity. Sound logic.

edit on 2-4-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Additionally, how is it that you have come to the conclusion that the new testament is especially prone to evil, as opposed to the old testament? Your last sentence is a bit vague, but if I read it as I interpreted, you are saying the new testament had an exceptional amount of evil people putting it together? Please feel free to let me know if I've misconstrued your intent. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

hahaha bit of a reach, however to think someone sat up all night working that equasion out deserves a pat on the back.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamstalker
reply to post by jiggerj

hahaha bit of a reach, however to think someone sat up all night working that equasion out deserves a pat on the back.

How about this one? God Man Man God, we are all interconnected by our thought processes, a collective reality and the illusionary world we live in is controlled only by the most thoughts at one particular time, example -(everyone wants to bomb Iran) say 80% then it would happen.

There we now have Good and Evil, you decide which % is good or evil

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by jiggerj

Let me get this straight.....you are an atheist, and yet you speak of sinners and non-sinners...
Just to let you know, there are no non-sinners. We all make mistakes(sin). So you don't get the choice of being around Saints or not. There are none.

We Christians are just like you, only we are forgiven...

Yes I am an atheist, and I will speak on matters pertaining to IF there were a god, but to show the incredibly obvious flaws in the bible and in religion.

If you believe in a creature with evil powers,
If you believe this creature can sneak by a god to torment people on earth,
then this god is either not all-powerful and all-knowing,
or he ALLOWS the beast to tempt you, which means,
your god and the devil are working together, or
your god IS the devil.

If you believe that a god gave Moses the ten commandments,
and if you believe that one of those commandments is Thou shalt not kill,
then you MUST believe that this is not a request. It's a COMMANDMENT!
It's a direct order from your GOD! DO NOT KILL!
But, since mankind disobeyed that order by killing a guy named, Jesus,
we all get our sins forgiven. Isn't that wonderful!!! Isn't it a bunch of twisted, contradictory BULL????

Hehehehe. EXACTLY! Even better are the one's who retort this idea that Jesus was "murdered" because the world's most over-rated carpenter chose to sacrifice himself.

...you know. Suicide.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by netgamer7k

Our friend was a a world known archeologist has said that the holy books were mistranslated.

One simple letter changes the entire picture..................every single mention of God was in fact plural Gods.

"They"' removed one simple letter and it changed the entire meaning.

Many books were removed, much of the holy scriptures were mistranslated as well according to the whims of the conquering kings and queens.

Our friend, yes he was a priest, highly intelligent - publisher of a couple books, world known - and after all his research he left the priesthood and died a agnostic - leaning towards humanity being created by non humans.

Now, I humble respect your opinion and core beliefs.

Please respect mine, I have done very heavy research and have a different core belief than you.

So, we are at a point were this will be my final reply, if you wish the final word - than go for it.

Safe journey.
edit on 2-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

Indeed. Never forget that in the ORIGINAL version of the Bible "Jesus" was a serial killer and a Dragon Master.

link:www.cracked.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join