It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin marchers to Sanford, Fla., police: 'We want an arrest.'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
the protests are called for in my opinion, zimmerman should be tried in the death of trayvon martin imo, imo there would be no protests if the SFD hadnt bungled this case from the get go.

that thug got what thugs get.
live with it.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am pretty sure if treyvon was white
asain or any other color they still would
of ended up being shot.
AL sharpton stiring this up
for his own agenda turning it
into a white vs. black thing
is what is wrong here.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The more violence, the better.

The more unrest, the better.

The more division between the races with a hard dose of hate in the mix, the MUCH better.

This the the currency Jackson and to a lesser degree Sharpton have been dealing their entire lives. When they aren't out stirring the pot to make things a nightmare for whatever community they decide needs their focus, they're out extor....errr...encouraging big business to 'donate' to whatever pet cause or a few hundred people will come picket and boycott to help them remember to give.

What will bring peace isn't as much the justice for any one shooting victim, but seeing these two blow hards retire entirely from public life. Only THEN..may some peace be had where they aren't showing up any longer.

- By the way.. "No Evidence - No Trial" makes a cute bumper sticker slogan. I'll have to remember that when I'm feeling particularly shallow. Lets have a Grand Jury take a look and determine the presence or lack of Evidence.... It's just my thought, but isn't that how the system is intended to function?
edit on 31-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Of course, they got everyone in on it
obama, biden, holder, al, jessie
THIS IS AN ATTACK ON FREEDOM PEOPLE
wow, I have been trying to figure out why this has gotten so much attention...thank you for enlightening me...it is totally trying to get people to be comfortable with unjust trials...it truly is an attack on freedom...thats got to be why...and its a perfect 'bridge' because its 'white against black'...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Kali74

I think he is talking about the "slacktivists" that rear their heads, parrot the media never taking real time to investigate it on their own, acting like the really stand for something, then forget it when the media does. Like the KONY2012 people.

I think the Treyvon camp is seemingly compromised of band wagon types that find it trendy and hip from my observation. If the Miami heat wear hoodies then it's so much cooler to wear one now... you are being a rebel lol. That is why so many are not receptive to Zimmermans side of the story. I dont think many care if he is innocent at all. They are only interested in doing what is cool and following popular belief / what the media tells them. Like "everyone is doing it" better wear a hoodie to school and eat skittles day. It's fanshion and pop culture setting the gears in motion for this fiasco. In the long run this will fade in to obscurity and be forgotten.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Kali74

I think he is talking about the "slacktivists" that rear their heads, parrot the media never taking real time to investigate it on their own, acting like the really stand for something, then forget it when the media does. Like the KONY2012 people.

I think the Treyvon camp is seemingly compromised of band wagon types that find it trendy and hip from my observation. If the Miami heat wear hoodies then it's so much cooler to wear one now... you are being a rebel lol. That is why so many are not receptive to Zimmermans side of the story. I dont think many care if he is innocent at all. They are only interested in doing what is cool and following popular belief / what the media tells them. Like "everyone is doing it" better wear a hoodie to school and eat skittles day. It's fanshion and pop culture setting the gears in motion for this fiasco. In the long run this will fade in to obscurity and be forgotten.

YUP, and the trendy ATS posters
will attack anyone who does not
support their agenda's be it kony
or be it treyvon or be it whatever
is the cool pop alternative thing.
If you don't side with them,
your a racist or a intolerant idiot
I mean it takes some go nads to
go against the tide and show them
the other side.
I would be ashamed if AL was supporting
anything I did. Because if AL and jack are supporting
it you can be almost certain something just
aint right
edit on 1-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

We have a man shot who was unarmed, it should be Zimmermans duty to prove it was self defense!!! The person he shot can not prove Zimmerman was not justified. So Zim needs to prove he was. He is the one who shot and killed a unarmed teenager, therefore that person has no voice.

If someone steps on my lawn outside now and i go shoot them i need to justify to cops why i felt i needed to shoot them.

I could care less what the media says, Al Sharpton, Black Panthers, Skin heads, msnbc, cnn, HLN, etc etc

From the way i see it their was/is probable cause to arrest him and put him on trial. Especially since the lead investigator thought he was not truthful and wanted to charge him then suddeny its dropped. I wonder how often that happens. To hell with the media and race baiters. They have no bearing on my decision, its strictly based on facts i have seen.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I'm sure there's some or even a lot, but don't discredit the people that have been fighting for justice in this case before the media even picked it up and don't let the fact that it blew up into a media frenzy make you go completely off either, though your stance is clear so I doubt you ever calling for justice for Trayvon Martin.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Deranged74

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat or presumption of innocence....you know, the legal right of the accused to be innocent until they are proved guilty before a court of law.

reply to post by Kali74

If the evidence is presented that shows he is guilty, then so be it.

edit on 1-4-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I am pretty sure if treyvon was white
asain or any other color they still would
of ended up being shot.
AL sharpton stiring this up
for his own agenda turning it
into a white vs. black thing
is what is wrong here.

You mean Al "white people lived in caves when we built empires" Sharpton?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

NO actually in cases of self defense such as shooting a unarmed man you have to prove your use of deadly force was justifiable.. Look it up spider man you should know this

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Im white and im almost positive if I had shot Trayvon id be in jail now.. This is a case about someone who knows someone, id bet anything on it. Someone pulled some strings for him not to be charged, especially since the lead investigator wanted charges.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwillitts

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
the protests are called for in my opinion, zimmerman should be tried in the death of trayvon martin imo, imo there would be no protests if the SFD hadnt bungled this case from the get go.

that thug got what thugs get.
live with it.

one could easily argue that zimmerman was the real thug, he had a gun, he has a history of arrests, he has a history of violence/bad temper/domestic abuse. he worked as a bouncer for illegal underground house parties and threw a girl around so hard she twisted an ankle. etc etc etc etc!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I doubt you ever calling for justice for Trayvon Martin

So you have decided he is a victim then?

Why would I call for justice for the perp?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Deranged74

Yes, the accused will have to provide evidence that will allow the court to consider a self defense plea, but the burden of proof still lies with the prosecution. There is no your guilty, prove your innocence.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Yes the one carrying around a gun with former assault charges isnt a thug.

The one walking home unarmed with no former assault charges is a thug..

Man we live in a fcked up world.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deranged74
reply to post by MidnightTide

NO actually in cases of self defense such as shooting a unarmed man you have to prove your use of deadly force was justifiable.. Look it up spider man you should know this

If there is evidence you did not act in self defense
is the only way you can be charged..
The eye witnesses, zimmermans story, it was
all checked out, and there was not enough
evidence that he did not act in self defense
so no charges were brought.
Then AL and the media jumps on
this because they know they can use
it for there advantage, have the MSM
spin the story around, sling so much crap
get people in a uproar and this is where we are

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Umm you added to my post...why?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deranged74

We have a man shot who was unarmed, it should be Zimmermans duty to prove it was self defense!!! The person he shot can not prove Zimmerman was not justified. So Zim needs to prove he was. He is the one who shot and killed a unarmed teenager, therefore that person has no voice.

Witnesses collaborated Zimmermans story. How else should he prove his innocence? All he has is his testimony and witnesses. Is that not enough?

If someone steps on my lawn outside now and i go shoot them i need to justify to cops why i felt i needed to shoot them.

Depends if they are going for your gun, would you let someone take your gun and shoot you?

I could care less what the media says, Al Sharpton, Black Panthers, Skin heads, msnbc, cnn, HLN, etc etc

good for you

From the way i see it their was/is probable cause to arrest him and put him on trial. Especially since the lead investigator thought he was not truthful and wanted to charge him then suddeny its dropped. I wonder how often that happens. To hell with the media and race baiters. They have no bearing on my decision, its strictly based on facts i have seen.

Maybe he changed his mind because he did more investigation and concluded he had no case against Zimmerman?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Umm you added to my post...why?

That is common thing to do here, respond to one another. It's called conversation

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

No you quoted me but added to my quote, why?

nvm. I don't care lol

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join